• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ill wil

First of all I'm hoping I don't get bashed for this thread BUT it needs to be said......I think this Skyrim is a scam because of all the bugs and glitches. We paid 60+ for this game and it has more problems than the Kardashains!! I had to start over 3 times after reaching between levels 25-30. The 1st time was because i was a stage 4 vampire and no matter what every NPC attacked me on sight even when trying to get the cure so I couldn't advance any further. The 2nd time I decided to join The Companions so I couldn't catch the vamprisim disease and got all the way up in the main storyline beating Alduin and about to join The Stormcloaks but b4 I did that I worked my way up to playing Japhet Follye and beating that quest. So finally I was about to join The Stormcloaks and was sent to kill a ice wraith so i fast traveled to Jophet Folley (like a idiot) and was stuck there. The 3rd time...my current problem........I'm finally at level 30 and like b4 being a wearwolf, and finishing about 100 quests. Everything was fine and all of a sudden every person in the game has black hands with rainbow specs on it. WTF!!!! See I'm tripping because I don't have a connection at my home (I'm online at the laundry mat now LOL) so I'm not going to be able to fix my issues or others with a update. I just hate how the game from day 1 was plagued with bugs and glitches (I explained in another post about other issuses but not too bad of an issue) and "they" put this game out without 100% of testing. All we can get for a trade in is what $30 for a $60 so that is robbery. I'm so frustrated that I'm afraid to start a 4th time because who knows what issue I'm going to have now. If for some reason I pissed someone off by these comments I'm sorry but this is not intended to piss anyone off. Thank you for all who read and comment on this....

OH YEA GAMERS CHECK THIS OUT
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Skyrim_Bugs

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
All Bethesda games are known to be glitchy as hell on first release. But I don't see how you would see it as a 'scam', which is a very very harsh word. Looks like you got more than 100 hours of gameplay and it amuses me that you still manage to call it a 'scam' or 'robbery'

Your frustration with bugs and glitches is understandable but your conclusion of Skyrim being a 'scam' is just outlandish and unreasonable.

ill wil

All Bethesda games are known to be glitchy as hell on first release. But I don't see how you would see it as a 'scam', which is a very very harsh word. Looks like you got more than 100 hours of gameplay and it amuses me that you still manage to call it a 'scam' or 'robbery'
just saying scam because of the issues not being fixed b4 release.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
just saying scam because of the issues not being fixed b4 release.
I still wouldn't just say it's a scam because of that. I suppose they didn't play-test the game thoroughly enough but I can understand the difficulty of testing a huge game like Skyrim. 100% test is simply just impossible. I'm sorry if the glitches really ruined your experience but I do hope that you understand the difficulty of video game development. They tried their best to fix as much as possible before the release date. They are still trying to fix the glitches now if that means anything to you. Not to mention, there's a lot more to Skyrim to overlook all those bugs and still enjoy the game greatly and I am pretty sure you did.

ill wil

I still wouldn't just say it's a scam because of that. I suppose they didn't play-test the game thoroughly enough but I can understand the difficulty of testing a huge game like Skyrim. 100% test is simply just impossible. I'm sorry if the glitches really ruined your experience but I do hope that you understand the difficulty of video game development. They tried their best to fix as much as possible before the release date. They are still trying to fix the glitches now if that means anything to you. Not to mention, there's a lot more to Skyrim to overlook all those bugs and still enjoy the game greatly and I am pretty sure you did.
yea ik.....like i said being frustrated and playing/restarting 3 times is enough for me to not play anymore. If for some reason these issues get fixed I might pick it up again.

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
Do you think you could fix an Infinite amount of quests, or walk a space in scale to the size of the state of New jersey. are you saying you would have been able to do that for three platforms, have you ever even done any coding at all? Try not fast traveling so much, try wearing a mask when your a vampire, try letiing your system cool off so it can actually find all the code it needs and doesn't freak out. But I am sorry I don't mean to be mean. But the last place you wanna complain about buying a glichy game is to a bunch of loyalists like us go complain to Bethesda.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
yea ik.....like i said being frustrated and playing/restarting 3 times is enough for me to not play anymore. If for some reason these issues get fixed I might pick it up again.
You know, you could ask this forum for help. Some glitches are repairable. Also, having multiple back-up save files would be useful too.

Ebony Knight

Lore Sword
The problem that so many people are failing to realize is more than anything, testing a game takes lots of time. Then fixing what is found wrong takes more time, at which point it must be tested again and that's assuming the bug was found in the first place. When you're talking about a game this big, with hundreds upon hundreds of npcs and literally hundreds of hours worth off quests the necessary man hours slowly starts inching towards an infinite number. Which is just another reason the wonderful world wide web has revolutionized things.

Now they have the ability to fix a game after it's release or beta test. This allows the customer to assist with testing the game in a sense. Skyrim has sold approximately 4 million copies. If each one of those copies was played for only 2 hours in a day that is 8 MILLION hours of free test time. It would take a team of 100 testers (a large amount) approximately 9 years to get that same amount of work done. Now consider that after almost a month we 4 million players are still finding new bugs.

Now for the money bit. The only two pre release solutions to this are take more time testing (costing more money). Or hire many more people to test and fix (costing more money). it's unfortunate that you don't have internet to benefit from this system, but in reality we the gamers should be thanking the game industry for the way this works.

Gandalf The Boss

Pupil of Nienna. Defender of Middle Earth
The biggest issue why there is so many bugs is the symbolic date of 11/11/11. This date made it impossible for them to release it later. If they had released it later it wouldn't have so many bugs. But I know that All of the Bethesda games are buggy in the beginning and i bought the 140€ Collectors Edition and I am not disappointed. And at lest Bethesda tries to fix the bugs which many other developer don't. The most companies don't give a plops about there fans but that is exactly what Bethesda do.
Be a little grateful because they care about the gamers and you just called them a "Scam"?
Shame on you!

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
I am sorry that was wrong I apologize I understand your frustration.. I just need you to understand the scope of what your asking. no game and I do mean no game launches anymore without some gliches and the size of this game mean that many more gliches.

ill wil

Do you think you could fix an Infinite amount of quests, or walk a space in scale to the size of the state of New jersey. are you saying you would have been able to do that for three platforms, have you ever even done any coding at all? Try not fast traveling so much, try wearing a mask when your a vampire, try letiing your system cool off so it can actually find all the code it needs and doesn't freak out. But I am sorry I don't mean to be mean. But the last place you wanna complain about buying a glichy game is to a bunch of loyalists like us go complain to Bethesda.
thx for you comment..

ill wil

I am sorry that was wrong I apologize I understand your frustration.. I just need you to understand the scope of what your asking. no game and I do mean no game launches anymore without some gliches and the size of this game mean that many more gliches.
true.....

ill wil

The biggest issue why there is so many bugs is the symbolic date of 11/11/11. This date made it impossible for them to release it later. If they had released it later it wouldn't have so many bugs. But I know that All of the Bethesda games are buggy in the beginning and i bought the 140€ Collectors Edition and I am not disappointed. And at lest Bethesda tries to fix the bugs which many other developer don't. The most companies don't give a pl*** about there fans but that is exactly what Bethesda do.
Be a little grateful because they care about the gamers and you just called them a "Scam"?
Shame on you!
ok scam is a little harsh but testing is always a plus and ur right too.

ill wil

The problem that so many people are failing to realize is more than anything, testing a game takes lots of time. Then fixing what is found wrong takes more time, at which point it must be tested again and that's assuming the bug was found in the first place. When you're talking about a game this big, with hundreds upon hundreds of npcs and literally hundreds of hours worth off quests the necessary man hours slowly starts inching towards an infinite number. Which is just another reason the wonderful world wide web has revolutionized things.

Now they have the ability to fix a game after it's release or beta test. This allows the customer to assist with testing the game in a sense. Skyrim has sold approximately 4 million copies. If each one of those copies was played for only 2 hours in a day that is 8 MILLION hours of free test time. It would take a team of 100 testers (a large amount) approximately 9 years to get that same amount of work done. Now consider that after almost a month we 4 million players are still finding new bugs.

Now for the money bit. The only two pre release solutions to this are take more time testing (costing more money). Or hire many more people to test and fix (costing more money). it's unfortunate that you don't have internet to benefit from this system, but in reality we the gamers should be thanking the game industry for the way this works.
am I am thankful..I mean I been gaming since 85' NES days and games now are so much better. But if we don't address our frustrations "they' will never know how passionate we are about our games.

Guerito

I don't want to come across as rude, but if you have no connection and therefore no way to update, then maybe you shouldn't buy a game so soon after the first release. As far as I know, there hasn't been a game that was bugfree at the first release, ever. As to the amount of bugs, I suppose it is proportional to the size and complexity of the game.

That being said, since you can get to a place with a connection, you might be able to talk to steam and/or bethesda to get a downloadable update that you can put on a usb stick to install it manually.

Khazrihl

First I want to thank ill will for being a good sport and not raising a stink when he got some, well not entirely negative responses.

Second, Todd Howard in interviews says that they actually lurk these forums sometimes and read the feedback... so sure, a few complaints here and there can be a good thing, at least we arent the official forums.

A5ko

Dual-Wielding Dragon Destroyer
This is why I have several hundred multiple save points. Well ok, maybe not hundred but about 5-6 saves in various places.

ill wil

This is why I have several hundred multiple save points. Well ok, maybe not hundred but about 5-6 saves in various places.
yea....for some reason on the 360 too many saves freezes the game so I only have two at a time....

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I gotta admit, that list of skyrim bugs is just astounding lol. It just shows that we players are better beta-testers than a small group of paid game-testers. Not to mention, it also shows that Skyrim is such a complex game that there are so many weird glitches that is amusing, if not hilarious.

ill wil

IK right.....I wonder how long it would take to fix em all...a year or two?