Ever had the game just lock up for no reason? :/

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Pepe Le Pew

Also, got nothing to do with freezing while in the middle of nowhere, but if you store a lot of items in 1 house than it can take a really long time to load and increases risk of freezing when entering/exiting the house. Books in bookcases are horrendeous for this in hearthfire libraries.

The only other advise I can think of is 'Sell your Crap!'

I know you think there will come a time when you'll really need all 31 philter of defendors and you cant leave home without 200health potions but stuff like that can cause major lagging!

OH NOOOOOOO!!! No wonder I'm having problems! OMG! HELLLPPP!! LOL. I have thousands of items stored in EVERY house, including Lakeview Manor! I deleted almost all of my saves and I'm still having serious lagging on my PS3. I'm glad I read this. I haven't visited the forums in awhile. I need to come here more often!

I think I will have to start the entire game over, but I'm up to level 70 and I have so many things I'll lose if I do. It will take me forever to try and sell - or even dump - all of the items I have. I've filled every chest and barrel in every house, except for Windstat Manor. That's probably why I can't finish building Windstat: I have the small house layout, but can't build a front door or anything else.

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! Now that I know I can fix this problem, I will get to it and stop being a hoarder, lol! I guess I should clean up my follower's inventory too (Lydia): she's carrying a TON of stuff (probably literally too!)

Do you think that's why I can't finish building Windstat? I don't have anything stored in there, but I do have tons stored OUTSIDE of it, in the chest.

Windstad Manor

Been playing this game on xbox for a long time and sometimes i can literally play for hours on in with no issues at all, flawlessly.. but other times i'll just be walking to a destination, no enemies around, no nothing, then bam.. game stops right in its tracks, all sound instantly stops as if i muted my tv and the guide button won't even respond so i have to unplug the damn cord from the wall just to shut the console off! it is rage inducing, not to mention it can't be good for the console.. i'm not talking about fast travel freeze ups, or freezes when exiting or entering a door or cave, that just happens sometimes.. i'm talking about an instant total lock up, sound and all just from walking around. anyone else ever experienced this?

I'm glad I'm not the only one, I just thought my disk was too scratched or something. It is pretty annoying,especially when you've been free-roaming for a bit without any autosaves.

Wicka waaah!!

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member

JClarke1953

I've been having stalls/jerks while I play on XBox. I have the auto-save turned off because that in itself was giving me grief. Even still, I've had to learn when I see stalls or stops as my char runs, I make a save.

I have found that using electrical Destruction can cause it, the amount of items that are on my char. As well as the "eye-candy" of the plains area, and sometimes during blizzards.

WarriorMage

Hey! Someone stole my sweet roll!
I play on a PS3 and it locks up a lot. But only when I'm playing my Nord who carries a ton of keys. I'm going to try stashing them in Breezehome and see if it helps. I hate carrying the stupid things around anyway. It never locks up on my Breton but she travels light. She will remain homeless so I'll have to see if I can put her keys in a chest somewhere.

Sparky04

Yep, normally I notice it happens when I try to do something immediately after opening a menu, fast traveling and occasionally dismounting a horse.

JClarke1953

I also checked the settings on my other char, and saw that they were set for Auto and Saves for entering, leaving etc.

So I turned them off as well, no Auto nothing. I just have to remember to make save's and stuff. But turning off the Auto and Saves on my other char really helped! I'll try what Warrior Mage suggested about the key's.

I make Honeyside our (Serana & I) "base", mainly because of the back door, and the Alchemy and Enchantment station's. Plus all of our "friends" are there, and we're delighted to see the Thieves Guild doing worse and worse. Too bad Bethesda didn't....oh well.

But I have found that what I have in my inventory makes a difference. But it helps that we run to most destinations. The quest with Sanguine took a bit of doing...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts