• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Are you a vegetarian, vegan, or meat eater?

• Meat

Votes: 33 97.1%
  • Vegetarian

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Vegan

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination

FullmetalHeart20

What do you know about their diets? :) No offense but there's no reason to be mad.. Calm down.. Just zennnn
Okay. Calming down.
I know that some fighters say they switched to vegetarianism or veganism, and hey feel healthier. I'm willing to accept that as truth. You, apparently, are not. You said they ate crap before when you don't know that, and you said they aren't true vegetarians when you don't know that.

Panthera

Don Gato
What does hat have to do with it? He gets his necessary carbs, proteins, vitamins and minerals. And fighters who follow his example actually say they feel better.
I wanted to say that previous case, picture with 2 51 year old woman (which shows obvious diffrence) have more sense than showing young fit guy. Btw what you just wrote down sounded like a pill colection, not food to enjoy in it.

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
Okay. Calming down.
I know that some fighters say they switched to vegetarianism or veganism, and hey feel healthier. I'm willing to accept that as truth. You, apparently, are not. You said they ate crap before when you don't know that, and you said they aren't true vegetarians when you don't know that.

I think you get me wrong; probably my fault. Since I'm no native English speaker I struggle explaining my thoughts. I do believe, honestly, they feel better eating vegetables. But every single body is different. I ate vegetarian for a whole week and basically lived on my toilet...

FullmetalHeart20

I wanted to say that previous case, picture with 2 51 year old woman (which shows obvious diffrence) have more sense than showing young fit guy. Btw what you just wrote down sounded like a pill colection, not food to enjoy in it.
Well plants can taste good too. And you provided one example of a 51 year old vegan lady. If you want I can find another for you.

FullmetalHeart20

I think you get me wrong; probably my fault. Since I'm no native English speaker I struggle explaining my thoughts. I do believe, honestly, they feel better eating vegetables. But every single body is different. I ate vegetarian for a whole week and basically lived on my toilet...
Sorry to hear that. You sure you balanced your diet?

Docta Corvina

Fact is our prehistoric ancestors were hunters and gatherers. We consumed vegetation as well as meat that we tracked and killed and dragged back to our caves and settlements. I understand where vegetarians/vegans argue that this is no longer prehistory and that with time, other options have manifested or been made more obvious for intake of protein. I can understand where it can become a moral or even religious question for some people. I can respect that, though I would ask the same respect for my choice to eat meat.

I don't hardly claim to be a savant when it comes to human health and all of the nuances of it. In my own experience (which will inevitably differ from that of others), the debate is ongoing as far as the "necessity" of meat eating, when it comes to the nutrients found in animal flesh. But I certainly don't think it's a horrible expectation that humans will consume meat and fish and poultry, as long as it is so readily available. Should we eat less red meat? Absolutely. Should we try to curb overfishing and destruction of eco zones? Absolutely. Should we do better about providing more humane conditions for the animals we raise for consumption? Absolutely. There are nature-conscious things we can and ought to do, despite being consumers of such material. Perhaps, even, because we are consumers. We should be more responsible.

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
Sorry to hear that. You sure you balanced your diet?

It was part of a project ;) so I trusted my cooks to know what they were doing, haha.

A week ago I finished a 3 week project about the meat industry. I truly know what you mean and of course you are right in one way. But there are so many other ways I also have to think of ;)

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
I thought this was a thread to discuss, civilly, on if you are a vegetarian, vegan, or meat eater. Not to get angry over people's opinions or start a who looks fittest picture war. I thought this would a "Hey, I'm a vegan because..." type of thread.

FullmetalHeart20

I thought this was a thread to discuss, civilly, on if you are a vegetarian, vegan, or meat eater. Not to get angry over people's opinions or start a who looks fittest picture war. I thought this would a "Hey, I'm a vegan because..." type of thread.
That's what I had planned. It kinda escalated.

Panthera

Don Gato
Well plants can taste good too. And you provided one example of a 51 year old vegan lady. If you want I can find another for you.
That's true. :) But I kinda find people who give too much attention on their vegeterian or vegan diet, very weird. Don't get me wrong I have nothing against vegeterians or vegans... eat what your heart (stomach) desire. But most of them that I met I find them really weird... I mean their way of life.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
People have opinions. You can't control that. But we can control how we react over the opinion of someone else. Please take this into consideration people. I understand people love to debate or argue and things like that. But there is no reason why we can't be friendly when doing so.

Let's try to steer this conversation back on topic. Or not. Up to you all. I take my leave now.

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
Imagine; You have dinner and eat vegetables and meat. 24 hours later, when you go to the toilet, you will see that meat was digested best and there is still 'evidence' (lol) of vegetables in your bowel... That's because our stomach wasn't meant for vegetables in the first place.

If I'm correct a cow has 4 stomachs to digest all that green stuff :D I could be wrong. Just tell me if I am ;)

FullmetalHeart20

Imagine; You have dinner and eat vegetables and meat. 24 hours later, when you go to the toilet, you will see that meat was digested best and there is still 'evidence' (lol) of vegetables in your bowel... That's because our stomach wasn't meant for vegetables in the first place.

If I'm correct a cow has 4 stomachs to digest all that green stuff :D I could be wrong. Just tell me if I am ;)
I've never noticed any trouble with my number twos. As for meat, why don't you see how well that chicken comes out after eating it raw, fresh off the bird?

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
I've never noticed any trouble with my number twos. As for meat, why don't you see how well that chicken comes out after eating it raw, fresh off the bird?

Thousands of years ago people started cooking meat because they discovered it tasted better and was easier to eat. Which brings us to evolution one more time: our body adapted itself to cooked meat. And because of that we can't stand raw meat nowadays...

FullmetalHeart20

It appears people misunderstand my position. I love meat. I was raised for nearly 21 years with it as part of my diet. But I'm of the opinion that those cows need the steaks I've been eating just a bit more than I do. And when I considered just how well I'd do hunting like a tiger...well, switching seemed like the thing to do.

FullmetalHeart20

Thousands of years ago people started cooking meat because they discovered it tasted better and was easier to eat. Which brings us to evolution one more time: our body adapted itself to cooked meat. And because of that we can't stand raw meat nowadays...
So cutting out meat is unnatural, but unnatural methods of producing and eating meat is fine?

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
So cutting out meat is unnatural, but unnatural methods of producing and eating meat is fine?

Don't make it so complicated :)
there are so many things unnaturel: skyrim is unnaturel, airplanes are unnaturel the internet is unnaturel, your house is unnaturel. So you are actually very unnaturel right now :D So do I and all the other people on this forum..

I just say the food chain was created by nature and I believe in nature. So yes, I do eat meat. Of course I also think it tastes good but that's not the only reason >>> It's naturel <<<

The way we produce vegetables is unnaturel too. I hope you know that...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts