Anyone else believe in elven supremacy?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Captain Nagisus

Jake the Dog!
yea i agree they where weak but if the thalmor where that strong why did they not seize control of cyrodil when they had the chance they knew that if they stayed they could not have maintaind control of cyrodil. if they where strong enouth they wouldnt sign a treaty.

They managed to seize control of the Imperial City for a day or two.

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
They managed to seize control of the Imperial City for a day or two.

actually u are right. they stormed the imperial city which is not heavily guarded. and the thalmor claim a great battle and victory had taken place.

Harc

Big Hog
yea i agree they where weak but if the thalmor where that strong why did they not seize control of cyrodil when they had the chance they knew that if they stayed they could not have maintaind control of cyrodil. if they where strong enouth they wouldnt sign a treaty.
We signed the treaty and proposed it because we wanted the empire to suffer under our rule. We wanted them to know how it felt to be under command. We could station aldmeri outposts, forts, FOBs, etc. anywhere in the empire. If the capital of the dominion were to be attacked (Alinor) they would be very stupid because enemy fleets would have to pass through the thalmor navy, which is the most powerful navy do to our location that is an island.

Captain Nagisus

Jake the Dog!
We signed the treaty and proposed it because we wanted the empire to suffer under our rule. We wanted them to know how it felt to be under command. We could station aldmeri outposts, forts, FOBs, etc. anywhere in the empire. If the capital of the dominion were to be attacked (Alinor) they would be very stupid because enemy fleets would have to pass through the thalmor navy, which is the most powerful navy do to our location that is an island.

Do you have proof that your navy is powerful? Just because you have boats doesn't mean you automatically have the best navy in all of the continent. Cyrodiil has boats. Skyrim has boats.

Shadow King

not again navy you say is this another lie the thalmor have spread to look stronger i take it the thalmor have the best of evrything in ure oppinion its most certainly that the empire would have the largest navy they could even fall back on all the ships of the east empire company if need be. where is the proof that they have the best navy. i would like to read said article.

Harc

Big Hog
Do you have proof that your navy is powerful? Just because you have boats doesn't mean you automatically have the best navy in all of the continent. Cyrodiil has boats. Skyrim has boats.
Alinor being water locked. It only makes sense. Plus during the Great War, the imperial navy launched a fleet off of stros m'kai to attack firsthold, the imperial fleet was destroyed and the thalmor victorious. Consider Alinor England back in the 1700s they were the strongest European nation at the time. With the strongest navy.

Harc

Big Hog
not again navy you say is this another lie the thalmor have spread to look stronger i take it the thalmor have the best of evrything in ure oppinion its most certainly that the empire would have the largest navy they could even fall back on all the ships of the east empire company if need be. where is the proof that they have the best navy. i would like to read said article.
Actually the only known naval battle was fought between stros m'kai and firsthold. The thalmor being victorious. As far as I know, I've never heard of a strong imperial navy.

Captain Nagisus

Jake the Dog!
Alinor being water locked. It only makes sense. Plus during the Great War, the imperial navy launched a fleet off of stros m'kai to attack firsthold, the imperial fleet was destroyed and the thalmor victorious. Consider Alinor England back in the 1700s they were the strongest European nation at the time. With the strongest navy.

1. Just because a country is entirely surrounded by water doesn't make it have a powerful navy, it merely makes it likely that it has a lot of ships. Quantity is not the same as power.

2. Not all water-surrounded countries and nations are automatically powerful when it comes to the navy.

3. Winning one battle doesn't make you great.

4. I know English history. I also know geography. England isn't entirely surrounded by water.

Shadow King

alinor was water locked but so was venice but they never (italians) had a decent navy.
one battle can never prove a point like that england won many battles to prove superiority.

Harc

Big Hog
alinor was water locked but so was venice but they never (italians) had a decent navy.
one battle can never prove a point like that england won many battles to prove superiority.
But the thalmor won the naval battles in the Great War. Because there was only 1

Shadow King

Actually the only known naval battle was fought between stros m'kai and firsthold. The thalmor being victorious. As far as I know, I've never heard of a strong imperial navy.

well maybe aldmeris are like venicians they have little gondalas (hope thats what there called lol)

Garbaldy

Dovahkiin Extrordinare
I love playing as my altmer but they are in no way a supirior race.

Garbaldy

Dovahkiin Extrordinare

Captain Nagisus

Jake the Dog!
They rule over the empire don't they? They won the Great War.

There's a difference between having a treaty signed and ruling an Empire. The Anglo-Irish treaty doesn't mean that Ireland rules Britain.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
no where was conquerd at all except u could argue valenwood. all the other provinces that the empire lost control of was seceded as u stated above.
Morrowind was conquered by Argonia, which seceded from the Empire. Elsweyr may have seceded from the Empire but it did so due to the machinations of the Thalmor who backed the coup that led to the regime change.

Dagmar

The empire was in weaker shape than the thalmor in that period......The thalmor lost a lot of soldiers too, but not as much as the empire.
You have absolutely no support from the lore for this. The fact of the matter is we have no idea how many soldiers the Aldmeri Dominion had after their invading armies in Cyrodiil were completely annihilated by the Imperial Legion at the Battle of The Red Ring. We do know that it didn't have enough soldiers left too sufficiently reinforce its army in Hammerfell to hold what had already been taken. Even at the time of ES V we still haven't the slightest clue whether the Aldmeri Dominion's armies are any better off than the Imperial Legion.
Plus our strategies were far more planned out than the last minute "all legions in other provinces defend the imperial city!"
Not really. The Aldmeri Dominion had initially only planned to conquer the portion of Hammerfell that it had demanded before The Great War. The invasion in Cyrodiil was only meant to pin down the Legions there until it had secured Hammerfell. When the Aldmeri Dominion realized that the Empire was weaker than it had thought it was ad hoc strategy from that point onward to conquer the entire Empire. The Imperial Legion's strategy was well thought out from the sacking of the Imperial City to the Battle of the Red Ring as it's served as a model for Imperial strategists since that time.

Dagmar

EDIT: So put simply - all the races of man and mer except from Argonians are descended from the ENEMIES of the 8.
Argonians aren't of the races of man and mer. If you mean the rest of the races of Nirn, that would include not only the Argonians but the Khajiit, the Imga, the Sload, the Dov, the Ka Po' Tun, the Kamal, the Tang Mo, the Tsaesci and maybe others.

The races of Man and Mer aren't descended from the enemies of the Eight. The Ehlnofey are the survivors of Creation, the child of Nir and Anu. The Eight spawned from the combined blood of Anu and Padomay while the blood of Padomay alone spawned the Daedra (this can all be read in The Anuad Paraphrased, a copy of which is in the living area of High Hrothgar)