Anyone else believe in elven supremacy?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Aethalia

you know that is very stupid to powerful to become gods. thats all the altmer would ever want. thats why they hate lorkhan because they think he stole there divinity. all altmer should worship lorkhan without him creating nirn there would be no altmer on nirn. foolish elves.

the altmer did not conquer the empire the empire is all of tamriel they only have control in vallenwood they have no control elsewhere u make it sound like the aldmeri dominion are in evry city in tamriel rulling nirn having influence which they do have is not the same as having complete control.
Actually, the empire only consists of Cyrodiil and Skyrim. Maybe Highrock as well. Everything else either seceded, or was conquered.

Captain Nagisus

Jake the Dog!
Actually, the empire only consists of Cyrodiil and Skyrim. Maybe Highrock as well. Everything else either seceded, or was conquered.

High Rock is still a part of the Empire.

Harc

Big Hog
True, and we did conquer the empire, it still runs tamriel because we let it run tamriel. We could crush the empire like a bug right now if we wanted to.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
Actually, they don't. They see him as a Trickster who bound the other gods to Mundus and severed their connection with Aetherius. This is what made the Divines able to be killed. He also created men in the process.

They REALLY hate him.
Sorry, you're right. I was thinking of Stendarr.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
When the oblivion crisis occurred, all provinces had gates opening up. Due to the altmers understanding of oblivion and realms of the daedra, altmer warriors knew how to close the gate from the beginning.
What is your basis for claiming that the Altmer warriors knew how to close Oblivion gates from the beginning? Notwithstanding that, it's not exactly rocket science as an Imperial Legionnaire named Menion Goneld is the one that tells the Champion of Cyrodiil how to close an Oblivion Gate.

It's one thing to know how to close an Oblivion Gate and another entirely to actually be able to do so. The Altmer of Summerset Isle certainly didn't display any notable ability to do so as the Daedra spilled forth from multiple Oblivion Gates and quickly overran the land driving the survivors to seek refuge within the Crystal Tower which was subsequently overrun and destroyed by the very same hordes of Daedra (as described in Volume I of Rising Threat).

Aside from that if you played The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion then you have to know that all the Oblivion Gates were sealed when Martin Septim as the Avatar of Akatosh defeated Mehrunes Dagon. The Altmer in general, and the Thalmor in particular, had absolutely nothing to do with the sealing of the Oblivion Gates in Summerset Isle. What the volumes of Rising Threat chronicle is the Thalmor's rise to power through the use of lies, deceit and manipulation and it's implied by the author that the Thalmor claim to having ended the threat of the Oblivion Gates was a lie to elevate their status in Summerset Isle in their bid to take over the province:
Rising Threat Volume II said:
Before my numbed mind could comprehend the tumult that consumed my beloved Summerset Isle, before I could formulate the question "how?" they were there, dripping honeyed poison in our ears: the Thalmor. They were the ones that saved us, they claimed, working deep and subtle magicks. It was their efforts, their sacrifices that delivered the Altmer from extinction.
Aside from the game content from ES IV clearly refuting their claim, players who have played the game know that the concept that you shut down Oblivion Gates with "subtle magic" is absolute horpl***. The Thalmor clearly took advantage of the situation and lied to the Altmer of Summerset Isle to seize power.

Harc

Big Hog
What is your basis for claiming that the Altmer warriors knew how to close Oblivion gates from the beginning? Notwithstanding that, it's not exactly rocket science as an Imperial Legionnaire named Menion Goneld is the one that tells the Champion of Cyrodiil how to close an Oblivion Gate.

It's one thing to know how to close an Oblivion Gate and another entirely to actually be able to do so. The Altmer of Summerset Isle certainly didn't display any notable ability to do so as the Daedra spilled forth from multiple Oblivion Gates and quickly overran the land driving the survivors to seek refuge within the Crystal Tower which was subsequently overrun and destroyed by the very same hordes of Daedra (as described in Volume I of Rising Threat).

Aside from that if you played The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion then you have to know that all the Oblivion Gates were sealed when Martin Septim as the Avatar of Akatosh defeated Mehrunes Dagon. The Altmer in general, and the Thalmor in particular, had absolutely nothing to do with the sealing of the Oblivion Gates in Summerset Isle. What the volumes of Rising Threat chronicle is the Thalmor's rise to power through the use of lies, deceit and manipulation and it's implied by the author that the Thalmor claim to having ended the threat of the Oblivion Gates was a lie to elevate their status in Summerset Isle in their bid to take over the province:
Aside from the game content from ES IV clearly refuting their claim, players who have played the game know that the concept that you shut down Oblivion Gates with "subtle magic" is absolute horpl***. The Thalmor clearly took advantage of the situation and lied to the Altmer of Summerset Isle to seize power.
Well I don't think any other province knew what they were doing either. It's pretty easy if you put the pieces together that there is a HQ, and a power source in any sort of enemy unidentified unit. The altmer were taking the time to defend their homeland, while others did to, but the altmer were more successful do to their arcane superiority and general knowledge. And I'm pretty sure nords ran to cower in their halls of the dead praying to talos.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Well I don't think any other province knew what they were doing either.
Cyrodiil certainly did.
The altmer were taking the time to defend their homeland, while others did to, but the altmer were more successful do to their arcane superiority and general knowledge.
The Altmer were not successful. The Daedra overran them and brought down their most revered structure. The superior knowledge was that of Martin Septim who understood that he could summon Akatosh by breaking the Amulet of Kings within the Temple of Akatosh to defeat Mehrunes Dagon and seal the Oblivion Gates forever.
And I'm pretty sure nords ran to cower in their halls of the dead praying to talos.
Based on what? Aside from the fact that this is totally irrelevant to the fact that the Altmer did nothing to seal the Oblivion Gates in Summerset Isle, it's also unpersuasive in the absence of any support from the lore.

Anwrise888

A very naughty naughty kinky mage....
I think it is time to retake Morrowind from the argonian filth. The empire has failed the Dunmer. We shall look toward The Aldmeri Dominion for aid. I shall personally raise a undead army from the ashes of Morrowind and reclaim the homeland for the Dunmer. Then we will join with our fellow elves the Altmer and the Bosmer. The humans can no longer be rule lead Tamriel.

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.

no where was conquerd at all except u could argue valenwood. all the other provinces that the empire lost control of was seceded as u stated above.

Shadow King

I think it is time to retake Morrowind from the argonian filth. The empire has failed the Dunmer. We shall look toward The Aldmeri Dominion for aid. I shall personally raise a undead army from the ashes of Morrowind and reclaim the homeland for the Dunmer. Then we will join with our fellow elves the Altmer and the Bosmer. The humans can no longer be rule lead Tamriel.

that will never happen dark elves do not share the same hatred for humans as do altmer. plus the dark elves and the other elves have diffrent beleifs in religion. u are obviously anti-human and strongly pro elve but heed this warning look what happened to the snow elves the dwemer. look at the orcs the deformed elves this is all the altmer and other mer have in store for them if they keep there unholy crusade up. in my view man became god not a mer now who is favored by the gods. because it was the gods who blessed tiber septim who was a man not a mer. and i dont much mind dark elves but i wouldnt be suprised if they followed the thalmor after all they will follow and worship anything with power. for example vivec and his 2 dogs they where corrupt and betrayed the neraverine. the dark elves still followed vivec after they transformed from chimer into the dirty dunmer. dunmer is an abomination the gods intended for them to be chimer and u think they wil have supremacy along with the other elves. (dont mind the grammer lol)

Shadow King

True, and we did conquer the empire, it still runs tamriel because we let it run tamriel. We could crush the empire like a bug right now if we wanted to.

the thalmor let the empire run tamriel because the evil elves allow it. haha now why would they do that if they where that strong and supreme why make a treaty why not wipe the empire from tamriel. why because it was not just the empire that was on the back foot the thalmor knew they could not continue there assualts on the empire and made that treaty up. if they could have taken over the empire they would have but they didnt because they couldnt they couldnt because its all just an image this elven supremacy crap they cant back it up to the end.

Shadow King

Well I don't think any other province knew what they were doing either. It's pretty easy if you put the pieces together that there is a HQ, and a power source in any sort of enemy unidentified unit. The altmer were taking the time to defend their homeland, while others did to, but the altmer were more successful do to their arcane superiority and general knowledge. And I'm pretty sure nords ran to cower in their halls of the dead praying to talos.

okay u keep going on about these oblivion gates where is the proof they never ever did close any gates they couldnt even get near a gate. just like the moons the thalmor have lied to try and make them seem stronger that they have a divine power or something. the thalmor are all liers and there mouths are stronger than there magic. i have a question was it u that made the oblivion gate theory lol.

nords ran to cower in there halls. now for one thing evryone knows that nords are the most hot headed(possibly orcs aswell) of the races who view honor in a diffrent way. can you actually see a nord cowering away in there homes hahahah a nord would rather die. a nords not my favrite race but i can say that it would be a nord least likely to cower away than al the races. if anything i would say an altmer would be one of the least likely to take battle against a dremora. and i say this statement without bias.

Harc

Big Hog
the thalmor let the empire run tamriel because the evil elves allow it. haha now why would they do that if they where that strong and supreme why make a treaty why not wipe the empire from tamriel. why because it was not just the empire that was on the back foot the thalmor knew they could not continue there assualts on the empire and made that treaty up. if they could have taken over the empire they would have but they didnt because they couldnt they couldnt because its all just an image this elven supremacy crap they cant back it up to the end.
The empire was in weaker shape than the thalmor in that period. If the empire was stronger, than why did they sign the concordat? They were scared. Thats why.The thalmor lost a lot of soldiers too, but not as much as the empire. Plus our strategies were far more planned out than the last minute "all legions in other provinces defend the imperial city!"

Harc

Big Hog
okay u keep going on about these oblivion gates where is the proof they never ever did close any gates they couldnt even get near a gate. just like the moons the thalmor have lied to try and make them seem stronger that they have a divine power or something. the thalmor are all liers and there mouths are stronger than there magic. i have a question was it u that made the oblivion gate theory lol.

nords ran to cower in there halls. now for one thing evryone knows that nords are the most hot headed(possibly orcs aswell) of the races who view honor in a diffrent way. can you actually see a nord cowering away in there homes hahahah a nord would rather die. a nords not my favrite race but i can say that it would be a nord least likely to cower away than al the races. if anything i would say an altmer would be one of the least likely to take battle against a dremora. and i say this statement without bias.
I understand your statement on how the thalmor didn't close gates, but we did in fact try too. We may not of been successful, but we tried. And what proof do you have that the thalmor didn't bring back the moons? We are the most powerful Mage race in tamriel. And our ancestors were the mer representation of the gods. So maybe we did bring the moons back. Oh and no I didn't create that theory. The aldmeri high council did. Not all nords are the same. Neither are the altmer. Though the altmer is superior in the arcane against dremora daedra.

Captain Nagisus

Jake the Dog!
I understand your statement on how the thalmor didn't close gates, but we did in fact try too. We may not of been successful, but we tried. And what proof do you have that the thalmor didn't bring back the moons? We are the most powerful Mage race in tamriel. And our ancestors were the mer representation of the gods. So maybe we did bring the moons back. Oh and no I didn't create that theory. The aldmeri high council did. Not all nords are the same. Neither are the altmer. Though the altmer is superior in the arcane against dremora daedra.

1. The Altmer are not gods anymore. It is up to the gods and to more powerful beings when the moons appear and disappear.

2. You are NOT more powerful in magic terms than magic-using daedra.

Harc

Big Hog

1. The Altmer are not gods anymore. It is up to the gods and to more powerful beings when the moons appear and disappear.

2. You are NOT more powerful in magic terms than magic-using daedra.
1.) we aren't gods, but when the moons magically came back and we told everyone we did it, why did they believe us?

2.) against the dremora species of daedra we are. While playing TES IV oblivion, I only saw a couple actual dremora mages. And their firebolts sucked.

Captain Nagisus

Jake the Dog!
1.) we aren't gods, but when the moons magically came back and we told everyone we did it, why did they believe us?

2.) against the dremora species of daedra we are. While playing TES IV oblivion, I only saw a couple actual dremora mages. And their firebolts sucked.

1. Because Khajiit are gullible. Only the Khajiit believed it because they were gullible, and overjoyed they had their moons back. If you truly can bring back the moons, prove it. Which you can't.

2. You were probably quite a high level then. Dremora mages are quite tough. And keep in mind there are MANY different kinds of daedra who would all whoop your asses in an all-magic duel.