Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
DrunkenMage makes it a point to send all the Thalmor and Stormcloak supporters running for the hills, to recover from a savage beat down.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
did you just use the third person... For yourself... Okay Ozan lets take a step back.

Skies has not time for such things.... Gotta end it quick so the fat lady sings...

NENALATA

Last King of the Ayleids - RETIRED
Ok, how 'bout this then?

The Thalmor have recently obtained a screenshot of what DrunkenMage really looks like from *someone* who hacked his webcam...

Imperial-Guard1.jpg

For the Empirrrrrrre

J

Jeremius

The Thalmor have recently obtained a screenshot of what DrunkenMage really looks like from *someone* who hacked his webcam...

Imperial-Guard1.jpg

HAHAHA! That is funny.

Anyways, I just wanted to ask people something. Imperials, Stormcloaks, and Thalmor:

Knowing that the Jarl of the Rift distrusts Ulfric, yet sides with the rebels anyways, does that not say something about the cause, and not the leaders?

NENALATA

Last King of the Ayleids - RETIRED
30811.jpg
NENALATA said:
The Thalmor have recently obtained a screenshot of what DrunkenMage really looks like from *someone* who hacked his webcam...​
Imperial-Guard1.jpg

HAHAHA! That is funny.

I will see to it that this updated picture is added to his Dossier immediately.

HAHAHA!!!

I don't know what's funnier ~ The pic itself or the fact that he's online and not denying it... HAHAHA!!! :p

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Knowing that the Jarl of the Rift distrusts Ulfric, yet sides with the rebels anyways, does that not say something about the cause, and not the leaders?

The cause is good, but it's being controlled by a lie. The whole Stormcloak Rebellion, a cause to restore the worship of mighty Talos. Yet not once does Ulfric actually talk about Talos worship. Laila has little faith in Ulfric, but believes in the cause.

"His cause may be true, but the man is a lie... all he holds in his heart his lust for the throne." - Saerlund

"Ulfric doesn't care about Talos. He yearns for the throne of Skyrim and he'll say anything to rally people to his side." - Threki

I was just pointing out that we could sit here till the Tuesday after the end and still have just as much assholes as good people on both sides.

And just to retort back at DM.

If Riften's Jarl has doubts about Ulfric and yet still support him, doesn't that mean that apparently Ulfric the racist coward hitler-nazi is considered a lesser evil?

Docta Corvina

I would say that there are those on the Stormcloak side who consider Ulfric a disposable leader once their side is victorious. He's good for rallying his troops now, and winning the hearts and minds of potentially roughly half of the people on the ground in Skyrim. But who's to say that they don't expect him to be removed or even assassinated once the Legion and the Thalmor are (temporarily) driven out of the province? I've seen people argue that on this thread before, that they support the cause and will even fight at Ulfric's behest now, because he's but one man who is a means to an ends. May not be overly inspirational, but it's actually a rather pragmatic way of looking at it. Though, of course, that in turn threatens more infighting and provincial instability.

At the end of the day, if you believe that Skyrim's independence will further endanger Tamriel and leave it vulnerable to future Dominion attacks, then it doesn't actually matter who is doing the leading - for now. A person like Ralof, one of the more open-minded and humble Stormcloak characters, is actually quite sympathetic for his spirited gentleness. He and Hadvar really are two sides to the same coin in that respect. If Ralof were leading the rebellion and not Ulfric, a great many things would have gone down differently. I dare say he'd have a lot more support, both in-game and among players. But it seems that theoretical vulnerability brought on by Skyrim's fracturing and independence would occur regardless of who was at the helm, though it could be perhaps mitigated to some extent by someone less controversial than Ulfric.

That said, Ulfric's the rebellion's leader for a reason - and his followers will fight for him now, warts and all.

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination

Doesn't the fact the Imperials put Maven in as a Jarl say even more about how Corrupt the Empire is?

In a large organization corruption is bound to happen. That doesn't make it any better, but powerful people with money do crazy things sometimes. If you take a look at the amount of corruption compared to the size of the Empire and how old it is, I think they're still doing a pretty good job.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts