Why do so many people like Khajiit's?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
No, giant cat mating never bothered me at the zoo. My hatred for cats stems from my neighborhood in which a fabled cat lady may reside. There are cats EVERYWHERE. Our front door has gotten sprayed by a big male and the smell is HORRIBLE! We'll find fresh scratch marks on our car down the fender like it was Magic Mountain for kitties and the flower beds don't smell like roses, they smell like cat crap. So, that's why I'm just not a fan of cats. I believe in this county, if you own a cat it needs to be on a leash or in the house like a dog. Same for Skyrim. If I see a Khajhiit without a collar I just whip out my trusty DawnBreaker and deal with them harshly. It's strange, my DawnBreaker glows when I get close to Khajiits......it's like it's telling me Meridia was not a fan of cats either.

You shouldn't be hating cats for being who they are. The person that you should be hating is your neighborhood cat lady. If these cats are hers then she has the responsibility to spay and neuter her animals so they won't reproduce. Perhaps you should start complaining to the city about her cats damaging your property, and if you can prove that her cats are clawing at your car then take your evidence and go to court so you can sue for damages.

Again don't hate cats because of an irresponsible pet owner.

theoduck

If persimmons approach, Khajiit will smell them.
"You'll make a fine rug, cat!" -- numerous deceased Nords

Soon this one will explain in detail how most Nords are smaller than a torchbug.

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer
Lol, this thread. I think its a combination of an ignorant OP and some sensitive posters. :p

On topic: I agree, I don't know how or why Khajiits are so popular, I think they look ridiculous and for me, their powers are useless compared to other races. However, I don't hate anyone for liking them but would NEVER pick one for myself, same with Argonians. I will admit that I would pick an Argonian over Khajiit because at least their powers can be put to good use.

I also hate cats irl, they're selfish, arrogant and there just not really for me, and I am talking from experience. I much prefer dogs, I own a Pit Bull (even though they are banned where I live =( I was lucky enough to get him before they banned them) and can say hands down, a much better companion and that's the whole reason why I even own a pet.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
I also hate cats irl, they're selfish, arrogant and there just not really for me, and I am talking from experience. I much prefer dogs, I own a Pit Bull (even though they are banned where I live =( I was lucky enough to get him before they banned them) and can say hands down, a much better companion and that's the whole reason why I even own a pet.

Well that's a matter of opinion. Dogs are way too needy and constantly someone to entertain them. Long story short, dogs are too high maintenance.

Storm777

Lol, this thread. I think its a combination of an ignorant OP and some sensitive posters. :p

On topic: I agree, I don't know how or why Khajiits are so popular, I think they look ridiculous and for me, their powers are useless compared to other races. However, I don't hate anyone for liking them but would NEVER pick one for myself, same with Argonians. I will admit that I would pick an Argonian over Khajiit because at least their powers can be put to good use.

In all fairness, I never said I hated anyone for liking furry flower garden poop monsters. I, like you am just amazed that people really dig the Khajiit race. Also, I'm not ignorant, just a bit surprised. Are there a lot of female Skyrim players? This might explain a bit of their popularity.

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer
In all fairness, I never said I hated anyone for liking furry flower garden poop monsters. I, like you am just amazed that people really dig the Khajiit race. Also, I'm not ignorant, just a bit surprised. Are there a lot of female Skyrim players? This might explain a bit of their popularity.

Oh, I'm sorry, but your first post came off a little trollish and calling people pussies doesn't help either. In your defense, though, I didn't realize how defensive people were of their Khajiits.

Well that's a matter of opinion. Dogs are way too needy and constantly someone to entertain them. Long story short, dogs are too high maintenance.

Well, no kidding it's opinion, that's why I said "from experience" and "much prefer". I've had no good times with cats and I lived with one for 3 years. My Pit Bull is far from high maintenance though, I only really need to put his food out and open the door every 5 hours for him and he'd be good. It really depends on what breed of dog you're getting, its too broad of a statement to say they are all high maintenance. I choose to play with him because that is the qualities I like in a pet. However, I can see how the individuality and complete self-sufficiency of cats can be appealing, maybe one day I'll find a cat that likes me too.

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
I like Argonians.

I dont have an opinion on the khajiit.

But most importantly, I like argonians

I hope this information gets you far in life.

I like Argonians.

Storm777

Oh, I'm sorry, but your first post came off a little trollish and calling people pussies doesn't help either. In your defense, though, I didn't realize how defensive people were of their Khajiits.

It was a play on words, only directed at the sensitive Khajiit admirer who gave me a bad reputation mark.

Jersey Dagmar

I've seen a lot of guys play as Khajiits. I like how you are making the assumption that females play Khajiits because girls are more likely to like cats. I know plenty of women who hate cats.

sticky runes

like i said - people should not start getting personal and giving their life experiences, there's no need for it, and it just leads to unnecessary trolling and flaming. If you don't like cats because your next door neighbour's cats gang-raped your dad's garden shed or whatever, thats your personal experience, we don't need to know about it, and if you must share it, at least try to be considerate towards other people who do like cats, because pet owners have very personal relationships with their pets and they will be sensitive towards those kinds of comments.
Let's just stick to sharing our experiences with the game.

Storm777

I've seen a lot of guys play as Khajiits. I like how you are making the assumption that females play Khajiits because girls are more likely to like cats. I know plenty of women who hate cats.

Don't be ignorant. Women love cats far more than men do. Of course there are women who hate cats. There are women who hate men as well, but that doesn't change what the vast majority likes.

Jersey Dagmar

Don't be ignorant. Women love cats far more than men do. Of course there are women who hate cats. There are women who hate men as well, but that doesn't change what the vast majority likes.

Really? Have you done research on this? I would love to view your findings.

Storm777

like i said - people should not start getting personal and giving their life experiences, there's no need for it, and it just leads to unnecessary trolling and flaming. If you don't like cats because your next door neighbour's cats gang-raped your dad's garden shed or whatever, thats your personal experience, we don't need to know about it, and if you must share it, at least try to be considerate towards other people who do like cats, because pet owners have very personal relationships with their pets and they will be sensitive towards those kinds of comments.
Let's just stick to sharing our experiences with the game.

Sticky,

You are getting far too sensitive here. No cats gang raped anything in my writings. My personal take is what brought the subject up and if you don't like it you don't have to comment on it. This is just a discussion on peoples take on why they like Khajiits/Cats. I reasoned why I don't because of my life experience. Nothing wrong with that and unless you're a moderator here I don't see what your problem is.

Geez. Take a chill pill people!

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
Argonians are the best.

Whether you agree or not is not a deciding factor in them being the best, they are the best regardless of your opinion. They are the pinnacle of unsurpassed greatness.

I like Argonians

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar

Combined with:

As a hobby German Shepherd dog breeder (I rarely breed) I must say that because of irresponsible dog breeders that are out there many of our well popular breeds are being both genetically and physically destroyed. While dogs may make better companions then cats... pure breed dogs can also drain your bank account due to being chronically unhealthy. If you take a look at your local shelters you clearly see a bundle loads of dogs being dumped off because the owners aren't able to afford the health care.

Take a moment and watch this video

While I still love my dogs I do agree that they're high maintenance. Canines are social and pack animals so of course they require lots of attention and are needy.

I can compare myself to my cat owning friend as far as how many vacation we've taken over the years. It's safe to say that my cat owning friend takes the most vacations than I do because I'm too busy keeping my vet rich.

Jersey Dagmar

I still don't agree with dogs being better companions than cats. All my cats were awesome.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts