Why do so many people like Khajiit's?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Storm777

Just curious. Personally, and this is just me, cats drive me crazy. They scratch up my cars, spray my front door and crap in my flower gardens.

Now, putting this into Skyrim context. I really am not excited to walk outside Lakeview Manor to see some Khajiit crapping in my garden, where I get my vital potion ingredients. Taking a ride into town in the carriage and getting splinters in my butt because some Khajitt needed a scratching post.

Also, speaking to a Khajitt could be rather unpleasant if they just cleaned themselves. Just saying. Kinda gross.

AND YET, PEOPLE LOVE THESE FURRY CREATURES! If ES VI was in Elsweyr, I wouldn't buy it. DO YOU HEAR ME TODD? Please be a DLC if you have to go there.

Lastly, if a Khajitt is eaten by a Sabre Cat is it considered cannibalism?

No offense to the Khajitt lovers out there, I know they're a popular race and all, but man! Please tell me there isn't a Bunny race in ES anywhere, for the love of GOD!

Level VII

Do'vish
Just curious. Personally, and this is just me, cats drive me crazy. They scratch up my cars, spray my front door and crap in my flower gardens.

Now, putting this into Skyrim context. I really am not excited to walk outside Lakeview Manor to see some Khajiit crapping in my garden, where I get my vital potion ingredients. Taking a ride into town in the carriage and getting splinters in my butt because some Khajitt needed a scratching post.

Also, speaking to a Khajitt could be rather unpleasant if they just cleaned themselves. Just saying. Kinda gross.

AND YET, PEOPLE LOVE THESE FURRY CREATURES! If ES VI was in Elsweyr, I wouldn't buy it. DO YOU HEAR ME TODD? Please be a DLC if you have to go there.

No offense to the Khajitt lovers out there, I know they're a popular race and all, but man! Please tell me there isn't a Bunny race in ES anywhere, for the love of GOD!
You're a really bad troll. :/ Keep working on it though.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!

tumblr_m9hv82fErP1qbge6l.jpg

Level VII

Do'vish
I'm a troll because I'm not a fan of cats?

Don't play dumb, it's really obvious you're a troll. I won't be wasting my time anymore on this thread.

sticky runes

Khajits don't actually do that kind of stuff in this game, your complaint seems to be more related to cats in the real world.

These are just some things that make cats awesome:

They are perfect predators. Nature has built and programmed them to hunt and kill their prey quickly and efficiently. They have keen senses, they can see better in the dark than a lot of other creatures. They can land on their feet after dropping from a height, where most animals would just collapse in a messy heap. They are graceful. They have been worshipped and revered by various cultures throughout history. The Egyptians believed they were sacred, and many cultures have used lions on their flags and coat of arms to represent royalty, bravery and other such powerful attributes.

And aside from all that, cats are some of the most beautiful and adorable looking animals in existence. So, it's no wonder a lot of Skyrim fans like to play a creature with cat-like features.

Storm777

Khajits don't actually do that kind of stuff in this game, your complaint seems to be more related to cats in the real world.

These are just some things that make cats awesome:

They are perfect predators. Nature has built and programmed them to hunt and kill their prey quickly and efficiently. They have keen senses, they can see better in the dark than a lot of other creatures. They can land on their feet after dropping from a height, where most animals would just collapse in a messy heap. They are graceful. They have been worshipped and revered by various cultures throughout history. The Egyptians believed they were sacred, and many cultures have used lions on their flags and coat of arms to represent royalty, bravery and other such powerful attributes.

And aside from all that, cats are some of the most beautiful and adorable looking animals in existence. So, it's no wonder a lot of Skyrim fans like to play a creature with cat-like features.

Thank you for a real response!

And yes, my real world experience with cats has totally ruined the cat race for me. I am really shocked at how many people love the Khajiit race honestly. I didn't want to play anything other than a Nord when I started and when I played/playing my second walk through. The whole Nord race seems far more appropriate to the story line.

Thanks for your take!

sticky runes

You're welcome, but I find it a bit more "shocking" that somebody does not understand why people like khajiits.

Cats are popular animals, it's not as if the idea of a cat person is a totally new concept, it's been going on for centuries. There have been loads of fantasy stories with cat/human hybrids. Thundercats, for instance, and all those comics, cartoons, anime shows and RPGs full of powerful cats and cat people. Catwoman from the DC comics - literally a cat burglar who associates herself with cats because of how sneaky and agile and unpredictable they are. And Skyrim is a game that comes full of stealthy missions. It works perfectly to personify your thief/assassin type character as a cat.

Adam Warlock

Aside from appearance and abilities , I think the Khajiit gain popularity because they are one of the underdogs in Skyrim , so to speak.
Banned from inside the cities , they are representative of the outsider in all of us .
Being something "other than" the majority of the population is a fantasy staple as well.

On a sublimal level , it`s their big beautiful eyes that make them so visually appealing much in the manner of Precious Moments figures and certain anime/cartoon characters

MikeFink

Check out my Skyrim IRL live action series!
I play as a khajiit and I thought this was pretty damn funny. I love cats, and I find their obnoxious antics to be hilarious in hindsight. That is one of the reasons I picked a khajiit, because the thought of my neighbor's cat walking around in a suit of dragonscale armor is hilarious. I also think waaaay too hard about realism, so jumping off of four story buildings and getting smacked around by dragons and still being A-OK makes more sense to me if I am a giant kitty cat. Not to mention I am weak in the chest and back hair department so the furriest choice suites my complex the best.

Maybe Storm117 is on to something. Everyone in Skyrim is prejudiced towards cats. Maybe this is why! Maybe when they came to Skyrim they immediately tore up everyone's sofas and permanently ruined a bunch of kids' sandboxes.

Storm777

I play as a khajiit and I thought this was pretty damn funny. I love cats, and I find their obnoxious antics to be hilarious in hindsight. That is one of the reasons I picked a khajiit, because the thought of my neighbor's cat walking around in a suit of dragonscale armor is hilarious. I also think waaaay too hard about realism, so jumping off of four story buildings and getting smacked around by dragons and still being A-OK makes more sense to me if I am a giant kitty cat. Not to mention I am weak in the chest and back hair department so the furriest choice suites my complex the best.

Maybe Storm117 is on to something. Everyone in Skyrim is prejudiced towards cats. Maybe this is why! Maybe when they came to Skyrim they immediately tore up everyone's sofas and permanently ruined a bunch of kids' sandboxes.

Awesome! Someone who can smile and enjoy some levity. I guess people really get into their character too much. Cats still totally piss me off. :)

Hey, it can't be coincidental that Khajiit's live in the desert. It's like a gigantic kitty litter box really.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Khajiits have a rich and interesting history. They are also a good race to play a type of 'underdog' story because how they are treated by most other races in Tamriel.

Storm777

Did the lion mating in the zoo turned you into a cat hater as a child? I suppose parents shouldn't be teaching their children where Simba came from until after an appropriate age to truly understand the birds and the bees at best.

Okay, somebody isn't playing very nice as my reputation bar thingy majig has red on it! WHT people. That's what I get when people are just pussies. Cats that is.

No, giant cat mating never bothered me at the zoo. My hatred for cats stems from my neighborhood in which a fabled cat lady may reside. There are cats EVERYWHERE. Our front door has gotten sprayed by a big male and the smell is HORRIBLE! We'll find fresh scratch marks on our car down the fender like it was Magic Mountain for kitties and the flower beds don't smell like roses, they smell like cat crap. So, that's why I'm just not a fan of cats. I believe in this county, if you own a cat it needs to be on a leash or in the house like a dog. Same for Skyrim. If I see a Khajhiit without a collar I just whip out my trusty DawnBreaker and deal with them harshly. It's strange, my DawnBreaker glows when I get close to Khajiits......it's like it's telling me Meridia was not a fan of cats either.

sticky runes

Can we stop arguing about cats for a minute and just take a look at our own species: how destructive can humans be, and how many humans will attack eachother over the most petty disagreement? The human race is generally more scummy than most types of animals in the world. Sorry to be dramatic, but this thread is getting a bit heated.

Maybe Storm777 could tone down the ailurophobic posts a little - yes, we are all entitled to our prejudices, but if you air your grievances in public like that, it does get kind of depressing.

And posters don't need to delve into eachother's personal histories either - that's when threads start turning to trolling, and it ends up looking like a gamefaqs forum (and thats enough to put people off gaming for life)