Which perspective do you prefer?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

I will presumably play ...

• ... in the First Person for the most part.

Votes: 20 47.6%
  • ... in the Third Person for the most part.

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • ... about as much in either one.

Votes: 16 38.1%

• Total voters

TJ0331

Nords forever
I will do most combat in 1st person but I always switch to third every now and again just to look at my character.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
What the hell is with the thread necromancy on this one? You guys do realize that this thread is nearly 2 YEARS dead?

Sorry :D
i get bored sometimes and scroll 500pages through the general skyrim discussions. I rekon its better 'raising' a dead thread than creating a whole new 1.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
What the hell is with the thread necromancy on this one? You guys do realize that this thread is nearly 2 YEARS dead?

Sorry :D
i get bored sometimes and scroll 500pages through the general skyrim discussions. I rekon its better 'raising' a dead thread than creating a whole new 1.
It's all good, I just like to pop in and remind everyone when thread necromancy happens, this one in particular I couldn't figure out how anyone unearthed it

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I have the strange habit of every time I save when turning off the game, I switch to third person and face my character.

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
I mainly play in third person. Except when using a bow, in third person the character gets in the view at some points.

Black Ice

Like A Red Nose
Third person. I never use first person.

Ender

If I'm using melee weapons I use third person. If I'm using targeted spells or archery then I go first person.

Chadonraz

Forgot one thing: I never swim in third person, because I've discovered it's a surefire way to start losing health. I just can't keep/get my character's head above the surface when in third person.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
Forgot one thing: I never swim in third person, because I've discovered it's a surefire way to start losing health. I just can't keep/get my character's head above the surface when in third person.

Omg im so glad im not the only 1!
The 1st few times I got so cranky that I couldnt work out how to swim, than I tried 1st person and Voila (dunno how to spell it but ya get the picture)!

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Third-person is just too unrealistic to me. I don't really notice a narrow field of vision in first-person like others have mentioned, but the 360 degree vision you basically get from third person is too big of an advantage for me to consider. I shouldn't be able to see what people are up to behind me unless I look in that direction.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I have the strange habit of every time I save when turning off the game, I switch to third person and face my character.
I do the same, but always am in one of my homes seated and in street clothes rather than armor and weapons.

Daelon DuLac

Third-person is just too unrealistic to me. I don't really notice a narrow field of vision in first-person like others have mentioned, but the 360 degree vision you basically get from third person is too big of an advantage for me to consider. I shouldn't be able to see what people are up to behind me unless I look in that direction.
Do you have peripheral vision in real life? I can see to about 240 degrees so I find first person incredibly restrictive. I can't even see someone coming from a right angle to me! It's not that I mind it, but I'm afraid I'll have a heart attack if a sabre cat or a drauger sneaks up on me again!

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Do you have peripheral vision in real life? I can see to about 240 degrees so I find first person incredibly restrictive. I can't even see someone coming from a right angle to me! It's not that I mind it, but I'm afraid I'll have a heart attack if a sabre cat or a drauger sneaks up on me again!

My real life peripherals are of little consequence while playing. As you mentioned, in first-person things can actually sneak up on you and surprise you. I almost threw myself back off my chair once when a skeever jumped in my face. In third-person, I would have saw that thing creep up. No fun for me. Like I said, it's just too much of an advantage imo. I shouldn't be able to detach my head at will to peer over a hill.

Not to mention... ever wore a football helmet or hockey helmet? They adversely affect your peripherals, kinda like a steel helmet in Skyrim might.

Daelon DuLac

My real life peripherals are of little consequence while playing. As you mentioned, in first-person things can actually sneak up on you and surprise you. I almost threw myself back off my chair once when a skeever jumped in my face. In third-person, I would have saw that thing creep up. No fun for me. Like I said, it's just too much of an advantage imo. I shouldn't be able to detach my head at will to peer over a hill.

Not to mention... ever wore a football helmet or hockey helmet? They adversely affect your peripherals, kinda like a steel helmet in Skyrim might.
Yeah, but wouldn't it be cool to do that! You're right, of course about when you're helmetted. I jump with skeevers anyhow, even in third person. I'm almost always running at top speed and everything comes up from behind anyhow. :) What gets me the worst are the sabrecats jumping out at you from absolutely everywhere! They're supposed to be out in the wild or the hinterlands and I get jumped by one with a couple hundred feet of the Solitude stables. I swear, they're stalking me to take revenge for all of them that I've killed and turned in to leather helmets. :)

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage

Skeever's always scare the plops out of me. Because they always jump just as I turn to face them. Turning around to see the scenery and bam skeever to the face.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts