Which armor do you think looks the best/coolest?(Based on looks, not stats)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Here's an improvement then!

ScreenShot1815_zps1425b20e.png
Well, at least I don't KNOW they don't have any pubic hair. I like a little mystery.

Adam Belmont

Oh yeah. Ring Mail is actually metal (Originally Bronze, or Iron) rings sewn onto a leather, hide, or quilted back, just like in the Scaled skirt. It was called "Brigandine" because in the middle ages, the Knights associated it with Bandits, and Militiamen, who they made little distinction between in the event of a Revolt. It's basically a slight upgrade on Studded Leather, as it is in the game.

Chainmail was a more advanced (Later period) material of interlocking links, typically used to join Plates in a set of Full Armor. To be sure, this is Tamriel, not Historical Earth, so there are some differences. For instance, Historically, there was no full suit of just Chainmail. The closest I've seen is the Coif (Or Cowl) which was used in lieu of a Helm because it allowed greater head mobility, vision, and hearing at the expense of Protection. (In movies, you often see it under a Helm, but that's redundant. It was usually worn Over a padded Skullcap so you didn't hamburger your ears the first time you got smacked upside yo haid.) They also made gloves of it with plates across the knuckles for gripping a sword without getting your fingers cut when the enemy's sword slid down the blade. These were abandoned once they moved onto the more elaborate hilts of the Fencing era. (Rapiers, Sideswords, Main Gauche, and Basket Hilted Claddmere.)
That's right, I've made confusion between the ring and the chainmail. Thanks for the info.

Rainbow

Criminal Scum
I like the Nightingale armor. The cape is awesome, and I don't know of any other armor that has a cape like that. I also like the glass armor, kinda has a valkyrie feel to it.

jaomile

Wanderer Cuirass

Both Heavy and Light version (currently using ligh one). Not very strong (weaker than steel plate) but it lokks awesome and llore friendly. Left one is Heavy and right one is Light version

29815-5-1357995270.jpg

On my phone now so I cant take in-game screenshot.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts