Which armor do you think looks the best/coolest?(Based on looks, not stats)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Adam Belmont

Unfortunately there is no Ringmail anymore, so I'll stick with Ebony Mail without the helmet.

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
For females, I think the Ancient Nord Armor (as seen on Aela) looks awesome. I love the open back and how simple yet intimidating it looks. :D

Rinn

Sweetroll Kleptomaniac
I really like the Fur Armour somehow. It just makes my character look cool and has a nice contrast with the landscapes and weather of Skyrim. The survival-esque thing about these armour is also very interesting.
Also, the Glass Armour set is pretty. I like the mystic look and the colours of the set.

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
Call me weird, but I like the individual hold guard's armours the best. I tend to try and collect every cuirass and shield from every hold. I just like their pretty colours. :p
I love the Solitude Guard Armor set. Reminds me of a Roman solider.

Im going with

Dragon Scale, Daedric, or Nightingale

Zyphur

I like my Daedric Armor. I like Nightingale too, but it's kinda dumb on my character because it brings out her crappy backwards walk, I like it more for shorter races, not big, tall, clumsy-looking races. >.< But I think everyone looks good in Daedric Armor.

Unfortunately there is no Ringmail anymore...
"Scaled" is basically Ring Mail, or Brigandine as they used to call it. Especially in the Cuirass. I mostly wear it for the stats, though, unless I'm smithing to make Elven, or Chitin even better.

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
hmm, I like the nightingale armour, the master thieves guild armour. and the ancient shrouded armour. but the nightengale the most!

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
I can understand the love for the Nightingale armor set, but personally to me in an immersion standpoint, the armors that look incredibly unique make me not want to wear them in public spaces. If you are wearing full Deadric then the traveling vigilants will attack you, so if I walk through Riften with full Thieves' Guild or Nightingale should not the guards or at least Mjoll attack me?

Adam Belmont

"Scaled" is basically Ring Mail, or Brigandine as they used to call it. Especially in the Cuirass. I mostly wear it for the stats, though, unless I'm smithing to make Elven, or Chitin even better.
Hmm, I don't think so, when I said ringmail or chainmail I was referring to the Chainmail in Oblivion:
600px-OB-item-Chainmail_Armor.jpg

In my opinion the best armor, simple, light and protective.

Oh yeah. Ring Mail is actually metal (Originally Bronze, or Iron) rings sewn onto a leather, hide, or quilted back, just like in the Scaled skirt. It was called "Brigandine" because in the middle ages, the Knights associated it with Bandits, and Militiamen, who they made little distinction between in the event of a Revolt. It's basically a slight upgrade on Studded Leather, as it is in the game.

Chainmail was a more advanced (Later period) material of interlocking links, typically used to join Plates in a set of Full Armor. To be sure, this is Tamriel, not Historical Earth, so there are some differences. For instance, Historically, there was no full suit of just Chainmail. The closest I've seen is the Coif (Or Cowl) which was used in lieu of a Helm because it allowed greater head mobility, vision, and hearing at the expense of Protection. (In movies, you often see it under a Helm, but that's redundant. It was usually worn Over a padded Skullcap so you didn't hamburger your ears the first time you got smacked upside yo haid.) They also made gloves of it with plates across the knuckles for gripping a sword without getting your fingers cut when the enemy's sword slid down the blade. These were abandoned once they moved onto the more elaborate hilts of the Fencing era. (Rapiers, Sideswords, Main Gauche, and Basket Hilted Claddmere.)

I can understand the love for the Nightingale armor set, but personally to me in an immersion standpoint, the armors that look incredibly unique make me not want to wear them in public spaces. If you are wearing full Deadric then the traveling vigilants will attack you, so if I walk through Riften with full Thieves' Guild or Nightingale should not the guards or at least Mjoll attack me?
I didn't know that about Vigilants, and Daedric, but the only character I had wearing that was my Blood Knight who was wanted in every Hold long before crafting that set (From Ebony) so he hardly would have noticed. He was so bloodthirsty, he'd attack Them if he saw them first, it had nothing to do with Daedra. He was just your basic Axe Crazy psychopath.

I feel that way the most about Shrouded Armor. Ok, the guards actually comment on it, and whisper "Hail Sithis," right? So, this Dark Brotherhood Assassin walks into Dawnstar in broad daylight, and not an hour later, sombody stumbles across Betilde's body stuffed into the Furnace. Hmm, what a coincidence! I wonder what happened here? Purely for role-play, I go in in plainclothes, or at least dumb it down to my Traveling Mage disguise. If I'm a Nightblade, I turn Invisible, and briefly pop into view on strike before puffing away back into the shadows. This just strains my incredulity a lot less when it comes to the urban contracts...

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
This armor:

ScreenShot105_zpsb3b9ee94.png

Skulli

TERA Armors mod from Nexus.

And Cloaks of Skyrim & Winter is Coming.

Just personally, I don't care for "Armor" that is split open from the neck to the pubis. It just kind of snaps the thread suspending my disbelief when ALL of the vital organs (And half of each Mammary) are exposed to the world. I know, Armor covers the whole body regardless of whether it's visually covered, or not, but honestly, If that chick came at me with hoar frost dripping from my fingers, I'd put an arrow though her heart, and be prett sure about not missing.

Skulli

Here's an improvement then!

ScreenShot1815_zps1425b20e.png
ScreenShot2391_zpsafa4a4d7.png
ScreenShot354_zpsae30f19e.png