What is the most annoying thing in Skyrim?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Moris

Something that always bugs me in the game is that when you finish having this heartfelt conversation with some NPCs, not 2 or 5 seconds later, they talk to you as though they've never participated in that heartfelt conversation, like you just walked into the room and introduced yourself. Know what I mean?

After making and selling over 4000 potions, Arcadia still asks me, "Oh, so you're an alchemist?" I'm pretty sure I sold her at least a few of those.

Just yesterday, I brought three flawless amethysts to Taren-Jei, who replied (gushing) that "such kindness is unheard of during these times" and then, suddenly... "Just get out of here!"

I mean, I guess he was still mad about my brawl with Keerava. But I do sometimes feel that everyone in Skyrim suffers from either borderline personality disorder or Alzheimers.

After making and selling over 4000 potions, Arcadia still asks me, "Oh, so you're an alchemist?" I'm pretty sure I sold her at least a few of those.

Just yesterday, I brought three flawless amethysts to Taren-Jei, who replied (gushing) that "such kindness is unheard of during these times" and then, suddenly... "Just get out of here!"

I mean, I guess he was still mad about my brawl with Keerava. But I do sometimes feel that everyone in Skyrim suffers from either borderline personality disorder or Alzheimers.

He did that to me and I didn't even DO anything to him or his "future mate". I was shocked at such bipolar like behavior from this guy(the first time I met him anyway). :sadface:

Moris

Another thing that bugs me is just how rude people are about getting in your face and very loudly interrupting your conversations with other people.

I still remember Irileth giving a rousing speech to me and several guards who were about to risk our lives to protect the good citizens of Whiterun against an epic monster of a sort no one had fought in thousands of years.

She stands before us and asks, "Could you calls yourselves Nords if you ran from this monster? Are you going to let me..."

"I WORK WITH MY MOTHER TO SELL FRUITS AND VEGETABLES!"

Huh?

Another reason I need to be able to bitchslap people in Skyrim. Even children.

----

And then there are the conversations that it takes a few moments to get out of. The refugee, who gives you a weapon of some sort that he just stole from a hunter? He always seems to choose the worst time to do it. I mean, dude, when I am level 10 and about to be attacked by 2 snow sabre cats is NOT the time. It's just not. Moreover, he always threatens to kill me if I snitch on him. I hunt that guy down and murder him every single time.

Minstrel

Queen of Evil
How Oblivious and Bipolar the NPC's are.... I've stopped playing the games a few times because of it, and not just for a day, for weeks!

I hate the fact that you can drag the dead body of your wife onto the street and no one will actually give a f***. I hate the fact that NPC's treat you like dirt no matter what you have done, and that they can just stroll into your house and chat up your man/woman. I hate the fact that you can dance on a Jarl's table and destroy a room and no one takes and notice. I hate the face that you can put a bucket on an NPC's head and they won't care, leaving you to just raid the place.

If I'm honest, this game has so many things that take away the realism of it all, but at the end of they day no one can make a better Elder Scrolls game as of yet, so we have to cut Bethesda some slack.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
Aside with huge amount of bugs and glitches that even to this day Bethesda still hasn't gotten around to fixing them.......

I find it highly annoying that Bethesda didn't take the time to produce a quality story. You would think that they would spend quality time to build up a near perfect storyline, but no. They must release the incomplete game on 11/11/11 for marketing purpose.

The Main storyline with Alduin was a complete failure, especially at the end when nobody but the guards acknowledge your achievements, and for saving their sorry asses. Do you think the Jarls would thank you? No. Do you think anyone would throw you a celebration party? No. You come back from sovngarde as of nothing was going on.... like saving the world from the “world eater”.

Unintelligible NPCs. Seriously all they can say is a few words and sometimes a couple of sentences, eh? I like 'em all to be muted so they don't drive me insane from repeating the same fluffing line over and over again.

Lack of development of characters that are in the game. For a prime example the companions. What a big fluffing joke that saga was. Kodlak Whitemane funeral was funny, not sad. Absolutely no character development from this guy.... and what's worst is that the guards won't shut up about him.

I blame Bethesda for me not liking the Imperial legion, and the Empire. You would think that the Emperor can get his ass down to Skyrim and help fight against the Civil war between the Stormcloaks, But no... hes in Cyrodiil not wanting to be bothered thus pretending you from developing a relationship with with this NPC.

Bethesda is L.A.Z.Y. You would think that right after you officially join the Imperials/Stormcloaks that you would be banned from entering Solitude/Windhelm base on your title until after the civil war has been done. As a Stormcloak soldier I can walk right inside castle dour without the guards chasing me out. BAD BAD BAD AND BAD! Same as if I was an Imperial soldier.

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
^I gotta admit, some of the roleplay stuff bugs me, too. I'll add on that letting Khajiit players walk around cities without a second glance breaks my immersion. I'm not saying ban the player entirely, but they should have to do something to earn that trust first.

Also, I got high on Skooma in front of a guard. He just watched me. Dropped a bunch of bottles in front of him. Still no reaction.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game, but there's still room for improvement.

When you have a brawl with someone who challenges you, it ends when you beat them but if they win, they go too far and kill you. I bet they don't even get arrested for it!

I really would like to see some patches come down from Bathesda though, just small ones to improve the AI and add to the RPG element of things. I love to role play my characters and that is stuff that should be encouraged. Yes, Stormcloaks soldiers and vice versa shouldn't be able to wonder freely around enemy bases. Actions should be acknowledged. I also feel that you are almost forced to play as a good character, I wan't to be able to play my evil character's as truly evil. Also, some more evil followers would be nice.

Anyone know how to get ideas to Bathesda?

Anyone know how to get ideas to Bathesda?

Other than petitions and mass email spam? No idea. They pay attention to people who brew the biggest plops-storm and maintain it for days. So if you want Beth to listen make some noise, LOTS of noise.

BTW if this actually happened don't be put off just because they said "no". Operation rainfall got two out of 3 games to come over to the US even though Nintendo of America tried to save face for some reason (this release had nothing to do with the fans, we did it just because, or something like that).

Another one. When you complete and become boss of, Dark Brotherhood, College of Winterhold etc you should be able to recruit new members. Just saying. I'm in charge an' all.

Garbaldy

Dovahkiin Extrordinare
Totally agree with the points above. As for level 39 getting killed by a sabre cat, I was already injured and not wearing armour, (just clothes), the cat came from out of nowhere. Didn't think of changing the difficulty level, (DAMMIT!!)... I've deleted the character now o_O

It's a shame that Bathesda don't think to change the simple things such as a more realistic respect system etc. Also I want disguises to work.
Boom! right there would be a huge improvment

You know what else would be good, you know how in GTA the police chase you? It would be cool if guards got on horse back and hunted you down or posse's of Mercs when you have a bounty on your head.

Kaitsja

Alot of these things I've seen in here are annoying, but the most annoying thing that's happened to me by far is after an ancient dragon that was attacking Solitude was killed by the Guards, and after I took it's soul, bones and scales. The guards come up to me and ask if I know anything about what happened, If I say I know nothing about it, they threaten to arrest me! If I stick with that dialogue, they ask me to come along quietly! Being Arrested for a dragon attack on Solitude when you didn't do anything..Yeah, by far the most annoying thing that's happened to me so far.

Kaitsja

You know what else would be good, you know how in GTA the police chase you? It would be cool if guards got on horse back and hunted you down or posse's of Mercs when you have a bounty on your head.
I had a bounty hunter from Falkreath come find me despite not having a bounty and demand payment. I paid him, then killed him.

Kaitsja

Another annoying thing is when Lydia gets stuck somewhere and you can't find her.

juniperbugg

Skyrim addict
Using dragonrend on a dragon who then has enough time to fly so far out of range you cant get to them even with archery....

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts