• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Which one do you prefer? Vampires or Werewolves?

• Vampires

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • Werewolves

Votes: 24 60.0%

• Total voters

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
Now this is a real werewolf:
1380547919444.jpg

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
Who wouldn't want to be an Apex Predator? In all the Vampire/Werewolf stories, it is the vampires who control or at least are doing better than their Lycan counterpart. In my opinion a vampire is better in all aspects of their existence.

Battle - Sure a werewolf has brute strength and a bit of speed behind them, but in general a vampire is quicker, and with age, they are far stronger. Vampires can use all weapons and the environment to their advantage, whereas wolves only have their teeth and claws.

Intelligence - Werewolves are very rarely portrayed as the suave smart human who only changes to wolf in a carefully calculated move. They are driven by instinct not intelligence. Vampires on the other hand get smarter with age, and its generally suggested that they possess a superhuman intelligence to begin with.

Human interaction - Hands down the intelligent, charming Vampire wins this over a ferocious beast. What a vampire can not get from their charming personality, they can get from their Charm spells.

Other Vampiric advantages - immortality, perfect health, supernatural powers (wings, invisibility, bat form, telekinesis, telepathy, elemental control, see-in-the-dark, acute senses, health regen, mist form), no need to breath, generally belong to a coven of equally powerful creatures of the night... I'm sure there are more... :p

Vampiric disadvantages - Sun, feed on humans (some would not even call that a disadvantage), perhaps immortality (only in the 1st 50 years until all your loved ones are dead).

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
Who wouldn't want to be an Apex Predator? In all the Vampire/Werewolf stories, it is the vampires who control or at least are doing better than their Lycan counterpart. In my opinion a vampire is better in all aspects of their existence.

Battle - Sure a werewolf has brute strength and a bit of speed behind them, but in general a vampire is quicker, and with age, they are far stronger. Vampires can use all weapons and the environment to their advantage, whereas wolves only have their teeth and claws.

Intelligence - Werewolves are very rarely portrayed as the suave smart human who only changes to wolf in a carefully calculated move. They are driven by instinct not intelligence. Vampires on the other hand get smarter with age, and its generally suggested that they possess a superhuman intelligence to begin with.

Human interaction - Hands down the intelligent, charming Vampire wins this over a ferocious beast. What a vampire can not get from their charming personality, they can get from their Charm spells.

Other Vampiric advantages - immortality, perfect health, supernatural powers (wings, invisibility, bat form, telekinesis, telepathy, elemental control, see-in-the-dark, acute senses, health regen, mist form), no need to breath, generally belong to a coven of equally powerful creatures of the night... I'm sure there are more... :p

Vampiric disadvantages - Sun, feed on humans (some would not even call that a disadvantage), perhaps immortality (only in the 1st 50 years until all your loved ones are dead).
your also forgetting that in stories such as Dracula he can turn into a Wolf as well.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Gamewise, neither. Whatever awesome powers they may have are almost entirely negated by the long transformation time in which enemies can easily kill you, and—if you make it that far—clumsy and limited control in their transformed states.

Outside of the game... that's difficult to say, because for me it depends on which vampires and which werewolves we're talking about. I've loved Anne Rice's vampires for a very long time, and I also like the more sci-fi monster sort of vampire you see in Guillermo del Toro's Strain trilogy. But I prefer the werewolves in the Underworld films, for their more interesting backstory and their pure power (and Lucien).

I think, overall, I would say I'm more of a vampire fan. Symbolically, they're more interesting to me.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member

tx12001

Gameplay Wise =

Werewolves -
Once per day transformation unless werewolf has Ring of Hircine

Transformed state only has Heavy Melee attacks (werewolf claws) but no ranged Attacks and can not revert from at will

Only has 3 Powers =
1 to scare enemies level 25 and a slightly higher with perk
1 to sense all near bye enemies
1 to Summon 2 Wolves, Ice Wolves or Werewolves to aid them for a time

Can only change powers by venturing all the way to whiterun to the underforge

Does not naturally heal unless they feed or wear a ring gotten from the frostmoon pack however
Using said ring will not allow them to use the Ring of Hircine

Only benefit outside Werewolf form is 100% disease resistance and you get No Sleep Bonuses

Werewolves live in an upside down ship turned into a small building

Cannot Enter Soul Cairn without taking Damage during Dawnguard Quest

Is far from the original Source of Lycanthopy and is Mortal

Immune to paralysis in Werewolf Form

================================================

Vampires -
Total Control over Transformation and can wear a ring and amulet which transfer over to Lord form

More versatile and Heals Naturally and can use both Magic attacks and Melee attacks

Vampire Lord Claws
Numerous Blood Magic Spells (including one that can send Enemies flying called Vampric Grip)
Numerous Night powers (including a Power that can make them Invulnerable for a time)
Can Change spells on a whim
Slightly Higher Sprint Speed
100% resistance to Disease and Poison
25% stronger Illusion Spells
25% better Sneaking
20 to 50% Resistance to Frost
20 to 50% weakness to Fire
Immune to Paralyis in VL form
Immune to Full power Unrelenting Force in VL form
Can walk on Water in VL form
Sunlight lowers attributes from 15 to 60 points and negates healing of stats in Sunlight (can be removed via Auriels Bow)

Vampires Live in Giant ancient Castle on its own island
Vampires can enter Soul Cairn without damage during Soul Cairn Quest

Is 2nd Generation being the purest anyone could possible be without getting &(E*@&! with the Daedric Lord of Domination (personally I Dont believe Harkon about how he became one cause a King killing 1000 people would be remembered in History) and is Immortal

My final conclusion Vampires are Way better think of it Like a Dog(The Werewolf) and its Master (The vampire) also If i were to guess your average Vampire Lord power rivals that of your average dragonborn while a werewolf's power obviously does not, now a Dragonborn Vampire Lord that's something that everything should fear.

AS88

Staff member

AS88

Staff member

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
One of my favorite vampire movies: 30 Days Of Night. It's about a town in Alaska that is preparing itself for the polar night. That's a period in winter when it's night for a month...And then vampires attack. :p

It's a good movie. Not worth an Oscar nomination, but still. It has some of the scariest vampires I've ever seen.

tx12001

did I mention the enemies of each kind, werewolves have the Silverhand who are no better then bandits with silver weapons.

While the Vampires have to deal with a heavily Armed Mob who lives in a fortress, have trained Armoured Trolls and Wardogs as well as special Vampire focused weapons.

It takes a lot more to takedown Vampires then it does Werewolves and their is the proof right there and when Lord Harkon uses his Blood Shield it takes the Power of a very powerful God Weapon to destroy it.

AS88

Staff member
did I mention the enemies of each kind, werewolves have the Silverhand who are no better then bandits with silver weapons

What makes you think that the Silver Hand are no better than bandits? Aren't they working for a noble cause?

Dovahkiir

Sunlight lowers attributes from 15 to 60 points and negates healing of stats in Sunlight (can be removed via Auriels Bow)

You forgot to mention the need to feed regularly and thats not so easy unless you have human cattle to hand. Also if you fail to do so the fact you're a vampire will become increasingly obvious and people will turn hostile.

Interesting that you choose to point out all the negative aspects of one and are at pains to point out the positive aspects of the other.

I'm not a fan of either and I'll happily kill either on sight but at least Werewolves don't have to feed so if I'm forced to choose I'll go with that as the lesser of two evils.

What makes you think that the Silver Hand are no better than bandits? Aren't they working for a noble cause?

They're not what you could call friendly are they? I encountered their hideout yesterday and they simply attack on sight no questions asked. Just like bandits. To be honest I didn't know what they were about until I found their captives in their cells, they seem to go in for torture too the racks were well used with plenty of blood spilled.

I wouldn't exactly call that noble.

scarey

I'm so old I have hair growing out of my ears in real life.

Serana killed Meeko.

+1 for Werewolf.

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
Yeah, there's a reason why the Silver Hand doesn't have the same reputation as the Vigilants of Stendarr.They're just bandits who happen to focus a bit more on Werewolves than the regular scum you come across. Like Dovahkiir said, they attack you on sight. No questions are being asked.