• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Which one do you prefer? Vampires or Werewolves?

• Vampires

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • Werewolves

Votes: 24 60.0%

• Total voters

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
Sunlight lowers attributes from 15 to 60 points and negates healing of stats in Sunlight (can be removed via Auriels Bow)

You forgot to mention the need to feed regularly and thats not so easy unless you have human cattle to hand. Also if you fail to do so the fact you're a vampire will become increasingly obvious and people will turn hostile.

Interesting that you choose to point out all the negative aspects of one and are at pains to point out the positive aspects of the other.

I'm not a fan of either and I'll happily kill either on sight but at least Werewolves don't have to feed so if I'm forced to choose I'll go with that as the lesser of two evils.

What makes you think that the Silver Hand are no better than bandits? Aren't they working for a noble cause?

They're not what you could call friendly are they? I encountered their hideout yesterday and they simply attack on sight no questions asked. Just like bandits. To be honest I didn't know what they were about until I found their captives in their cells, they seem to go in for torture too the racks were well used with plenty of blood spilled.

I wouldn't exactly call that noble.
in Dawnguard they wont ever turn Hostile unless your in VL form and you strongest when you starving

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
A Fang vs Fur thread (just someone's designations)

Lets get off the argument train until I get onto a computer.

I like werewolves though it does depend on the media how much. I will get into it later thiugh.

Fun fact: in some myths a vampire is in fact a werewolf that died but wasn't deposed of properly.

tx12001

One thing I will say about the Vampire Lord Greater the weakness = Greater the Power you get in Return those who people who become vampires and can't seem to cope with that weakness Don't deserve the vast power that comes with it as for great power a price must be paid and thats the price that a vampire must pay, and Auriels bow can remove that weakness entirly.A werewolf pays a very small price unlike the vampire because they get very little power in return

if you have Aela turn you into a werewolf with her NON-ROYAL blood thats it your just another common Lycanthope whose beastial nature has become so watered down the human form is fully in Control even though werewolves like the ones in Bloodmoon were uncontrollable

Meanwhile if you have Harkon bite you you Become a Vampire Lord with ROYAL blood, One of very few Lord's in Existance that's a very exclusive title, there is a reason Harkon, Vaelrica and Serana are the only ones you ever encounter.

AS88

Staff member

I could start and try to go somewhere with this, but...

I+Got+Nothing.jpg

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Without punctuation all I read is "Rabble rabble rabble rabble."

And being a royal slave you are still a slave.

What is interesting about the elder scrolls is about who would you serve? Hircine is something of the leader of the hunt with you as either co-hunters or prized hunting dogs (in history prized animals were well raised often higher than servants)

Or... someone trying to hope they dont die to avoid the fate of of living with their master... say it with me THE PRINCE OF RAPE!!!!!!!!!

FusRoDovah

In Skyrim- Vampires have a better overall development

Real life- None, they are both gifts and curses

AS88

Staff member

Jader

The Mystic Marksman
I'll take the ferocious man-beast.

In Skyrim, unless you mod,most vampires are hideous. Werewolves on the other hand, keep their normal (or not so normal) appearance,depending on their creator's will,while in human form.

As for Harkon's "Royal" blood,all nobility does is give people an inflated ego,imo of course.

CaptMorgan72

Vampires hands down. Super strength, speed, healing and immortality. A vampire that spends centuries honing their martial skills will destroy a werewolf.

tx12001

Vampires hands down. Super strength, speed, healing and immortality. A vampire that spends centuries honing their martial skills will destroy a werewolf.
Ask yourself how many tales are there of the mighty Noble mansion Dwelling Werewolf slaving over the Vampire servants? then ask yourself how many tales their are of the mansion dwelling vampire slaving over their lycanthropic servants? its kind of one sided if you catch my meaning.

tx12001

Intelligence is what sets man apart from animals, Vampires have that same Intelligence werewolves do not they lose all intellect and are driven by instinct thus they are in a way devolving.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Intelligence is what sets man apart from animals, Vampires have that same Intelligence werewolves do not they lose all intellect and are driven by instinct thus they are in a way devolving.

Depends on the universe, and there are often tales of feral vampires. Also you say that yet you see selfish Vampires popping up more. Which means they are stupid enough to act on the instinct (A very human one at that) to try and fight the elders who more often than not kill them.

Ask yourself how many tales are there of the mighty Noble mansion Dwelling Werewolf slaving over the Vampire servants? then ask yourself how many tales their are of the mansion dwelling vampire slaving over their lycanthropic servants? its kind of one sided if you catch my meaning.

Ask yourself how many times the werewolves end up getting free and gaining advantage over the vampires, and more often than not the Werewolves outnumber the dwindling vampire population? Oh right all the ones that have the "vampire nobility"

Okay so instead of posting the entire thing here is the thing, depending on the world werewolves get all of those except immortality, plus improved senses. Have you considered the fact you can't go outside during the day. And ignoring the fact you can't eat anything but raw human meat at best and are stuck drinking blood. This is ignoring the fact that you develop some form of mental illness due to the human brain being incapable of holding all the information. Note in Underworld they hibernate their Elders for a reason.

Also side not you don't die from it but you undoubtedly get AIDS.

Side note: List of werewolf powers

tx12001

Depends on the universe, and there are often tales of feral vampires. Also you say that yet you see selfish Vampires popping up more. Which means they are stupid enough to act on the instinct (A very human one at that) to try and fight the elders who more often than not kill them.

Ask yourself how many times the werewolves end up getting free and gaining advantage over the vampires, and more often than not the Werewolves outnumber the dwindling vampire population? Oh right all the ones that have the "vampire nobility"

Okay so instead of posting the entire thing here is the thing, depending on the world werewolves get all of those except immortality, plus improved senses. Have you considered the fact you can't go outside during the day. And ignoring the fact you can't eat anything but raw human meat at best and are stuck drinking blood. This is ignoring the fact that you develop some form of mental illness due to the human brain being incapable of holding all the information. Note in Underworld they hibernate their Elders for a reason.

Also side not you don't die from it but you undoubtedly get AIDS.

Side note: List of werewolf powers
Vampires also have improved senses and all a werewolf form is useful for is Killing and they don't get all the abilities a vampire gets they are not immune to poison infact if anything they are weaker due to a sped up metabolism and since when did Vampires eat anything? and whats this about the human brain here, vampires ain't human once they turn into vampires... they are vampires and I am sure werewolves get many many diseases when eating the raw flesh of some random creature.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Vampires also have improved senses and all a werewolf form is useful for is Killing and they don't get all the abilities a vampire gets they are not immune to poison infact if anything they are weaker due to a sped up metabolism and since when did Vampires eat anything? and whats this about the human brain here, vampires ain't human once they turn into vampires... they are vampires and I am sure werewolves get many many diseases when eating the raw flesh of some random creature.

What is the basis for a vampire brain? Oh right a person...
"They aren't human anymore!" Well they still were human and operate on the same wavelength.

Also depends on how recent they turned but still they obviously eat. I mean look at the bloody bones and eviscerated cattle in Castle Volikar.. That is more than just drinking blood. Justification is probably just trying to keep a semblance of humanity.

Depends on the universe but also the faster metabolism plus a stronger body means more poison immunity as well. Also I like the "I am sure werewolves" That makes no sense because this is a hypothetical. :p But if we use the skyrim universe they are immune to disease. So... It usually works out.

I guess I have to ask this. Why do vampires have more weaknesses?
Stakes, sunlight (Common), garlic (Comes from the fact garlic has something in it that helps fight disease, and vampires have a plague victim association), Silver (Just a general supernatural combat thing and some sacred standing), Beheading, Religious symbols of whatever religion they think will harm them (From the concept that a jewish vampire wouldn't be affected by a cross but still hurt by a star of david), Seeds on the ground (The myth is vampires would be compelled to count them all and then usually get sun'ed out), Cant cross running water (forget where this one comes from), etc.

Werewolves: Silver (actually just depends, sometimes it means nothing), and... Yeah you could say normal death markers... But... they are super fast, heal, and depending on the universe they can change as will.

Also... Werewolves don't sparkle. In any media.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
I guess I have to ask this. Why do vampires have more weaknesses?
Stakes, sunlight (Common), garlic (Comes from the fact garlic has something in it that helps fight disease, and vampires have a plague victim association), Silver (Just a general supernatural combat thing and some sacred standing), Beheading, Religious symbols of whatever religion they think will harm them (From the concept that a jewish vampire wouldn't be affected by a cross but still hurt by a star of david), Seeds on the ground (The myth is vampires would be compelled to count them all and then usually get sun'ed out), Cant cross running water (forget where this one comes from), etc.

Werewolves: Silver (actually just depends, sometimes it means nothing), and... Yeah you could say normal death markers... But... they are super fast, heal, and depending on the universe they can change as will.

Umm bias much :eek: You have listed every vampire weakness you can think of, than listed ONE werewolf weakness and than at the end of you weakness summary, added several werewolf strengths...

I would just like to add that in absolutely ANY lore or story, a single vampire does NOT have all of those weaknesses at once. You have mixed Eastern and European variants and from all stages of history to make the list as large as possible.

Yeah you could say normal death markers

That by itself is a huge list :p

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts