• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Sqeagy

The Gentle Utensil
    Zigzag quickly found out that her new home was very different then what she previously thought. When she was told by Juggles that his family was the Dark Brotherhood, she didn't know what to expect. Maybe a small alleyway, or an abandoned fort somewhere. So when Juggles gave a password to a talking door and led her inside, Zigzag pretty much abandoned all thoughts about her new home. "My own room? That sounds good." Zigzag was happy that she got her own room, even happier that her voice came back.She watched Juggles disappear into the Sanctuary, shortly after walking into the large area that made up the sanctuary. "Wow. This place is even bigger than I thought." She said to herself as searched for the rooms. Zigzag had lived in huge mansions and manors of all types, but she never got this lost this easily. Zigzag finally managed to find a door, which she hoped lead to a bedroom. This proved to be the case, but unfortunately, the room seem to be preoccupied by two other people both male. "Oh sorry. I didn't realize this room was taken."

Kir the Silent

Until Your Flesh Is Consumed
    (OOC: Sorry for the mehish post, couldn't think of anything else to add and been in a depressed state. I'll do better from here on with keeping up and posts. Sorry for the inconvenience.)

Poet snorted a bit a the fear of spiders and he was about to respond when yet another new face entered the room. A woman this time. Poet shrugged, "I didn't realize it either until I found him here. A new family member, much like yourself I assume. Unless you are a very skilled but unlucky thief to have infiltrated this sanctuary."

A.Auditore

maybe...
    Buttons shook her head at Sofi "no sorry no happy bunnies, Amy would probably eat them" she looked over her shoulder to see Sofi give her a weird look "you'll know who Amy is very soon" she laughed as she pushed on the black door and entered the santcuary "Mamas home! Or err I mean I'm Home!" She shouted as her voice echoed off the stone walls, Buttons stood at the base of the steps, hearing scurring across the floors the giant black widow came to view rushing at Buttons,Sofi ducked behind Buttons sheathing her weapon, Buttons grabbed Sofis hand "That's just Amy" she smiled and bent down petting the spider "Amy your bows messed up" as Buttons reached for the bow to straighten it Amy took off towards the library waiting to see if Buttons would follow after a few second realizing her owner had not she scurried back and forth until Buttons followed her with Sofi behind "ill show you to your room in a bit then ill show you..." Buttons stopped as she looked in the library and the mess that was left there "WHAT IN SITIHS HAPPENED IN HERE?!? Who did this?" Buttons looked at Amy " Did you do this you naughty spider?" Amy lifted two legs for no "Do you know who did?" One leg and Amy scurried off towards the bedrooms with the two girls behind her.

Buttons heard two familiar voices "Kirs back!" And a female voice "that doesn't sound like Cassandra.... Juggles bringing home another member perhaps?" She whispered to herself as they round the corner and down the hall stopping at Fenris old room, Amy stood next to Riazen and lightly tapped her foot on him as pointing the culprit out. Buttons stopped looked at the other female with the rose, over to Kir smiled at them both "excuse me miss ill introduce myself in a bit, I have something that needs to be dealt with" she turned towards Riazen stepping on glass "ooh you have got to be kidding me" she pointed at him "You! You come with me and clean your mess!" Her hand shot out grabbing his ear as she dragged him through the santcuary to the library and pushing him in "This is my home you will respect it, me, my pet and my family" she pushed him again "Now clean your mess, or you'll.." She leaned in towards him whispering in his ear "never find your brother because I won't let you leave here alive" she gave one final shove as Amy came in sat down crossing her front legs looking at him with a haha look. Buttons took her place at the door guarding it with her arms crossed across her chest

rizen

A to the K homeboy
    They were supple boots, light weight, ideal for sneaking up on prey. The jester wriggled his toes and paraded in a small circle about the campgrounds, testing the footwear, smiling at his spoils. "Gee thankee, mister!" he remarked to the corpse that lay crumpled in the tent. He bent low and dragged his finger through the mixed ashes and spilled soup over the extinguished firepit, licked the charcoaled smear on his fingertip and cringed. "Yep, spoiled" he agreed with the corpse and nodded. He tilted his head and listened to the corpse speak to him "What's that you say? hmmm?" the jester snorted as the corpse told the worst knock-knock joke ever. It was so bad that the jester felt compelled to laugh and counter with his own arsenal of jokes. The evening was spent in this manner, filled with bad jokes, songs and laughter. They dined together that evening, the jester and the corpse, why not? the corpse was pleasant company, a fantastic listener...until a bandit overheard the noise and rushed into the encampment.

Much later, during a card game and over many bottles of mead, a bandit retells his journey; He'd happened across a camp way out into the woods, a jester hunched over a dead body. A jester that saw him approach, called him a "gate crasher" before running off into the woods, laughing like a madman. The bandit had scavenged the camp for valuables, nothing of worth...but the corpse was interesting "no boots" he told his sordid company "...and his arm!...the flesh had been eaten away from his arm!"
    "What? the jester was eating the guy?" a gruff burly man asked.
    "Ayyuh" the bandit confirmed, rubbing at the back of his neck, a little embarrassed "...I damn well kept looking over my shoulder all the way back here!" The others laughed, perhaps a little too quickly.
    After several moments of silence he added "...that aint right..." they all nodded and continued with their card game.

Sqeagy

The Gentle Utensil
    Zigzag wasn't sure what to expect from the two other members of this family that were currently in the room. She felt something, but wasn't sure if it was embarrassment or awkwardness from barging into the room and being called a thief. The men seemed to be in some type of argument but Zigzag couldn't fathom the exact topic. Zigzag was beyond confused, and it only got worse as a large spider ran into the room followed by a woman dressed like a Jester. As she watched the jester drag one of the men by his ear out of the room with a promise to introduce herself later, Zigzag sat down in a nearby chair to make sense of this whole situation. I know Juggles said this was a family, but I didn't think it would be this chaotic. Zigzag thought to herself. She figured with herself and the other man still in the room, she should at least introduce herself. Trying to calm herself down, Zigzag walked over to the strange man. "Hey. My name is Zigzag, the newest member of this family."

Duon

Graphic Designer
    Riazen stood up straight brushing himself off, eyes adjusting to the sudden change in light from the dark hallway to the study as he angrily shook his short black hair from them. “Do you have ANY idea WHO I AM?? If my father were here he would have you drug through the streets and hung for that…” He cursed at Buttons his temper only getting worse with the smug looks on her face and the giant spider happily dancing at her feet. “Besides that monstrous pet of yours did this anyway! I was minding my own business lying on the sofa and she attacked me, I uh… Barely escaped with my life; SHE TRIED TO EAT ME!!!” Riazen yelled pulling the small gold handled dagger from his waistband and pointing it threateningly at the spider as he started to slowly advance on her, a evil twisted grin on his face. “If I’m going to clean this place up I know where to start…”

A.Auditore

maybe...
    "I've already had my dealings with a king so your father doesn't scare me" her hand touched the hilt of her sword "Amy doesn't go "attacking" people she probably wanted you to pet her" she drew her sword as he got closer the tip pointed at his neck "you touch her and you will definitely not be leaving here alive" she stepped in closer her blades tip touching his neck now "don't make me spill your blood prince" the black widow got up and moved behind Buttons "now why don't you be a good boy and clean your mess"

Duon

Graphic Designer
    Taking several steps back Riazen slowly lowered his dagger knowing just how slim his chances for survival would be killing the assassin’s leader with all her “family” around to see. Recognizing his position he did his best to manage a spiteful fake grin, joking away her death threats. “I’ll leave “her” alone for now but I’m not going to be held responsible for what happens if that eight legged rat wanders into my room…” He laughed cruelly; walking over to the sofa and picking up the apple core an spilt bottle of ale, tossing them both in a waste bin in the rooms corner. “Why you would keep a pet like that is beyond me but so is just about everything about this place…” Riazen muttered picking up books from the floor and carelessly slamming them back into the bookshelf. “Suppose I should pick up some bear traps hmm?”

Kir the Silent

"Pleasure to meet you Zigzag, you may call me Poet." He said as he held out a hand to the newest member of the family. "I'm sure sense you're new this must all be very confusing and overwhelming. If you ever need anything or have any questions feel free to ask."

He turned towards the door and then turned back to the woman, "If you're hungry I was just about to cook a meal. Despite my appearance and demeanour I happen to an excellent cook. I can make you anything you like."

A.Auditore

maybe...
    "Decorate "your" room as you wish, it doesn't bother me if you keep dead bodies under the bed" she moved out if the room when he finished picking up his mess and moved more into the kitchen area "just as long as the smell stays in your room" she called over her shoulder, she looked down at the spider "come Amy let's see Juggles" she smiled at the spider as she headed towards the rooms the spider not far behind her "Sofi your room is on the left" she said as she spotted her friend in the hallway giggling

Medea

The Shadow Queen
    Cassandra breathed a sigh of relief as she made her way through the Sanctuary entrance. Wasting no time, she shuffled to the wine cellar and grabbed the biggest healing potion she could find, chugging it down despite it's bitter taste. Her wounds disappeared and her pain eased up a bit. "Ahhhhh". The feeling sent chills down her spine.

Still hungry and tired, she made her way to the kitchen first. She ran into several Dark Brotherhood members in the hallway, including a woman she had never seen before. She was grateful to see Poet. "Hopefully he will be cooking something soon" she thought to herself. She remembered how good his cooking was, and all the sudden a loud, rumbling growl came from her stomach. Before she could say hello or introduce herself to the newest member of the family, she put her hand over her belly and eyed Poet, giving him a quick smile with her eyes.

"After the meal" she thought, "after the meal I will tell everyone about what happened". Cassandra had bad news. Not only had Tinkles left in the middle of her mission, she encountered the Dragonborn, who was sure to extract revenge on the Dark Brotherhood in the near future for the assassination of Borri. Cassandra quaked at the thought of how Buttons might react to such news.....

rizen

A to the K homeboy
    The jester had wandered the wilderness for a couple of days, the boots were indeed a blessing. He slaked his thirst at streams and sustained himself on berries. A particular cluster of green berries had set the jester in howls of pain whilst he clutched at his stomach and bouts of gas shot from both ends, but that passed as all things eventually must.

He happened across the town of Riften. He'd heard the guards, standing sentry at the great gates conspiring, on his approach - their game was extortion. However, when he had gotten closer and the guards had taken an eyefull of his garb, he was granted entry, no questions asked.
    Riften had flourished, more corrupt than the jester could recall. Citizens glanced over shoulders, accusing looks passed among themselves whenever eye contact was made. Suspicion hung in the air with a hinted undertone of sewerage.
    The Inn was much more of the same. Patrons swigged ale, mead or whatever else was on tap from stained tankards with an uneasy hand resting over weapons, either at their waist or on the table for all to see.
    The jester saddled up on a rickety stool at the bar, he noted the legs were uneven, shifting his weight, rocking side to side...ka-dump ka-dump...
    "What'll it be?" Asked the argonian barkeep.
    The jester dragged his coarse tongue over his cracked bottom lip "Water...a whole pitcher of water"
    "WATER!?" a voice pelted out from amongst the tables. Roaring laughter rose from the patrons. The jester tilted his head back and joined them, pounding his fists on the bar, wiggling his hips so the stool rocked ka-dump ka-dump ka-dump "Aaaaahhhaaaahahahahahaaaaaaaaa"...The laughter dwindled and died down when they saw his expression, yet he continued, clutching the air with his fingers like talons "Aaaaaahhhaahahahahhahhhaaaaa!"
    "Okaaaaayyyyy, water it is" said the barkeep from beneath a spikey arched eyebrow.
    The barkeep dissapeared momentarilly and returned with a clay pitcher, water sloshed from the sides, the jester felt his throat closing as he feared she might slip and spill it all over the floor. In that moment he decided that he would kill her if that happened - but all was well.
    He took the pitcher with both hands and greedily gulped at the cold liquid silk, coating his bare throat, filling his empty belly. It ran down his chin as he drank. When he'd had his fill, or as much that his frail body could take...he shut his eyes and tipped the rest over his head.
    The barkeep frowned at the spillage, she wanted him gone, he appeared somewhat unstable and within mintues he'd made a mess "You missed your friends y'know? they were in Riften earlier".
    The jester's eyes shot open, a calm settled over him, Psijic? "excuse me?"
    People talked in every town in every tavern, complaints, rantings, rumors. The barkeep explained that somebody had mentioned the sighting of another jester recently, and surely this was more than coincedence.
    The jester considered this, he was let into the gates without being robbed of the very little he had. Perhaps being dressed as a jester had perks. He rocked side to side on the stool as the gears of his mind worked, ka-dump ka-dump.
    "Ok, ok...what of this jester?" he asked.
    The barkeep shrugged "Delvin's the man to speak to for details, there isn't much happening in this town that he doesn't know about" she explained. The jester gave her a quizzacle look and shook his head. Ka-dump ka-dump.
    "You'll likely find Delvin in the ratway, beneath the town, in the sewers...he's probably there right now...hey, don't even worry about the water, it's on the house!"
    The jester rose to his feet, wrinkled his nose at the barkeep and ushered between the tables, he took a look back as he opened the door to leave.
    The barkeep was weilding a mop and muttering to herself.

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
    Exiting his room to see what all the commotion was about, Juggles was positive of at least one thing. A few of his cohorts were also home. He approached the hub of activity, sticking to as much shadow as possible. For now, he was content to just observe the other assassins' interaction with each other.

Not surprisingly, his eyes fell immediately upon Buttons. Seeing her again brought a smile to his face. She seemed to be scolding that pompous ass who knocked the juggler down outside the Flagon. His resemblance to Fenris was uncanny, though Juggles knew it wasn't his former comrade-in-arms. After all, Fenris had way more class than this piece of dragon vomit could ever hope to attain, regardless of his fine clothing and delusions of superiority. He hoped Fenris and Vil were doing well, not to mention still being alive.

He was pleased to see Zigzag in conversation with Poet. Good for her, he thought. Good to see she's not shy about meeting new people, especially since these individuals are now her new family. Of the two remaining women, Juggles only recognized one of them. Cassandra, I think her name is, though I have yet to speak with her. The other female was an all-new face, just as Zigzag was for everyone else.

And then his eyes turned to Amy. He very nearly laughed out loud at the spider's obvious glee with Buttons bossing around the wannabe-but-will-clearly-never-be Fenris. Juggles was convinced that Amy was the perfect mascot or keeper of the Sanctuary, but even more so when all the members were out on assignment. But I must say, the juggler thought, that her purple bow kinda cuts down on the intimidation factor.

Sqeagy

The Gentle Utensil
    Hearing Poet's offer to cook a meal, Zigzag had to stop her stomach from growling. She hadn't eaten any real food since her escape from Wayrest. The very idea of food was enough to make her mouth water. "That's a very kind of you to offer Poet, thank you. But for now, I better go meet the rest of the family." Zigzag walked around of the room, somewhat eager to meet the others. I can't believe that guy was so nice. I hope the others are like Poet. Unfortunately for Zigzag, the other members looked pretty busy. She spotted Juggles in the hallway again, but he was staring at the woman who from before with another member. Other members were walking around, one of them another woman but she looked deep in thought, so Zigzag thought it was best to leave her alone. "Maybe I should just take a nap or something. Then again, I still don't even have my room." Leaning against a wall, Zigzag took the red rose from her hair and began twirling it in her hands.

"Twenty five years old and all I have to my name is a rose, some coin and an old no-" Zigzag's voice once again cut out, ending her sentence with a squeak. Not now. I just got to meet these people, I can't lose my voice now! She didn't know which or why one of the 9 Divines were punishing her with silence, but she treated them equally, cursing them all out in her head. Zigzag reached into the old bag and retrieved her notebook. I guess there is a use for this old thing after all.

Mistress Jess

Duon's Gurl
    Sofi kept out of the way of the commotion enjoying the rather entertaining show from a safe distance, the man she’d not yet met reminded her very much of the spoiled children she’d once served as he bickered with Buttons like fighting siblings over cleaning up the sanctuary. “Guess it really is like a family…” She giggled leaning against the wall and starting to take in her surroundings after her abrupt introduction. For being built in a cave she found the place to feel very much like a home, her eyes immediately being drawn to the vast shelves of books lining the walls of the room Buttons stood in the doorway of. I’ll have to take advantage of that she thought with a smile, hopefully there is a dusty old tome or two that I haven’t already read. Her attention switching with the opening of more doors in the hallway and more people she had not met began to fill the hallway, Sofi giggled as most stopped to peak in on the scene playing out inside the room between Buttons and the other man before shaking their heads and continuing on into other parts of the sanctuary.

"Sofi your room is on the left" Buttons said emerging from the room. “Oh… thanks, I’ll go put my things up then think I’ll check out that library.” Sofi smiled at Buttons before moving out of the way of another assassin coming down the hall, silently nodding as she pushed herself against the wooden door on the left, turning the knob and stepping inside as it swung open to reveal a large dark bedroom. Rubbing her thumb and index finger together Sofi felt the tips of her fingers warm as a small ball of flame ignited between them, sending rays of bright orange dancing onto the walls. Making her way around the room she used the tiny fireball to light the torches along the walls. Extinguishing the flame with a light pop Sofi hung her cloak and bag from the hooks on the closets front, undoing the straps holding her wrist blades on she dropped them both onto the bed beside her before pulling off her boots and curling up on the bed beside them.

Kir the Silent

Poet waved goodbye to Zigzag as she went to meet the others. He made his way to the kitchen, hearing the noise filling the Sanctuary. It seemed everyone was coming back home at nearly the same time. Would they see, and hear, the difference? The events of the last month had changed him, but he wasn't one to share his personal life so he cast these thoughts aside. He rummaged through the kitchen that was nearly devoid of food, luckily he had bought a great deal of supplies before returning.

He began to boil water as he laid out the rest of the food; prime meat, fine cheeses, fresh fruit and vegetables, along with a multitude of other things. As the meat cooked, filling the Sanctuary with the delicious smell of seasoned meat, he set the table with the new dishes he had picked up. He poured Argonian Bloodwine into every goblet, a fitting drink for the Brotherhood and Poet's favorite. The vegetables simmered in the pot as he make a medley of fruit. He then pulled out the desserts from the oven and set the table with the rest of the food. It was a veritable feast; Roasted ox legs, grilled leeks with rabbit leg soup, fruit medley, steamed mudcrab legs, and of course his own invention - Shade of the Evening. A dessert made from his secret recipe, that contained a bit of nightshade. Not enough to kill, so long as you only have one helping, but enough to give it a unique flavor that many crave. The only real side effect is that the blue sweet cake turned your lips purple.

Poet smiled softly to himself, a rare sight. He always enjoyed cooking. It was one of the few things he recieved any joy from. Whenever he cooked it was always like this, a feast every night as his new family members would soon see. He was once asked why he always made a feast whenever he cooked. He simply said, "Life is a celebration. It can be filled with sorrow, but you only have one. Each day we live is worthy of a feast."

Now Poet sat down at the table and waited for the delicious aromas to beckon to the other family members. It wouldn't be long before they wouldn't be able to resist. He smiled once last time. "Hope they're hungry."

rizen

A to the K homeboy
    The jester made his way from the tavern along the street and into the bustle of the market. Perhaps he'd been in confinement for too long or perhaps that Riften had become far more sordid than the Jester could recall. Either way, the jester was not accustomed to the fickle ways and intentions of man any longer.
    A large ruddy man followed him from the tavern, skulked in the shadows and waited for the right moment.
    The jester shifted from stall to stall, pausing to examine wares and speak a few words with the vendors. He was hunched over a counter, appraising a nicely crafted belt buckle when the large man bumped into him. Startled, the jester righted himself and the large man's blade slid across the jester's neck below the jaw line.
    The pain was exquisite, warm and welcoming. The jester suddenly felt tired, more tired than he'd ever felt before. He couldn't stand so he slumped to a knee and then lay on the ground. He couldn't breathe properly, blood filled his lungs. He coughed and spat, blood trickled down his cheek. That was better. It was hard to focus, blurry bystanders watched, some continued about their business as usual. So many shapes of people, but faceless. He couldn't make out the details of any faces. He blinked hard to correct his vision and coughed again.
    The shape of the large man was gone as quickly as he'd appeared.
    The jester clutched at the air, grasping for breathe. The vendor! The vendor saw everything and would help.

The vendor came around from the counter and knelt at the Jester's side "Try not to speak" she told him. She looked to her left and right, seeming for perhaps a guard or a medical specialist.
    The last thing the Jester felt was his boots being tugged off by the Vendor.

...They were good boots.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
    Cassandra sat down to join the others for the feast Poet had made. Seeing the meal before her she lost her train of thought. She forgot all about Tinkles and the Dragonborn as she wolfed down the ox legs and grilled leeks, and she inhaled the rabbit leg soup and fruit medley. She didn't touch the crab legs, letting the others finish them off, as she went for seconds on the roasted ox meat. It had been days since she had a good meal. All table manners and etiquette were thrown out the window as she leaned back in her seat and let out a thunderous belch. Some of her family members found her voracious appetite quite amusing. The more reserved members did not appreciate the lack of consideration for others at the table. "Excuse me" she said, covering her mouth. "I haven't eaten in days."

Suddenly, she eyed the strange blue cake Poet had baked for dessert. She impatiently waited for the others to finish their meal. At one point she glared at Juggles, who was picking at his ox bones like a bird. "Gods dammit come on slowpoke" she thought to herself "We've been sitting here watching you finish your meal with the setting sun, and I want that cake!" Finally, Juggles beaked down his last bite, and dessert was served. Cassandra went for seconds on the cake. Poet motioned for her to stop, but he did not tell her why because he didn't want to give away his secret ingredient. Realizing it must be some kind of drug or something, Cassandra finally relented and gave up on seconds.

After the meal, Buttons began to inquire about Tinkles. She wanted to know why Tinkles did not return with Cassandra. Taking in a deep breath and letting out a heavy sigh, Cassandra lowered her eyes to the floor for a moment, realizing now was the time she would have to tell everyone what happened.

She told Buttons, as the others listened, about how Tinkles had left her in the middle of the mission near High Hrothgar, and how she went about completing the mission on her own. "Good news is...Borri is dead." But then she began relaying the bad news. As she told everyone about her encounter with Dragonborn, the jovial atmosphere disappeared. Suddenly, everyone became deadly silent. They knew that Cassandra wasn't joking around this time.

Cassandra went on, telling them about how she was rescued by a strange Khajiit, who left her a few miles from the Sanctuary entrance. Luckily for him, she did not reveal the secret location of the Sanctuary, otherwise she would have had to kill him, even though in her weakened state at the time may have made that impossible.

The worst part was when she had to tell Buttons that she thought the Dragonborn was still alive, and might be planning retaliation for Borri's death. Sitting in her chair, still as death, Cassandra looked at Buttons, waiting for her response.

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
    Not having much of an appetite, Juggles picked at his food, though he did make it a point to try everything Poet had laid out before them. Would seem rude not to, he thought, he obviously put in a lot of time and effort creating this magnificent feast.

And what's with Cassandra? he silently reflected, catching her glaring at him at one point during the meal. What?! Just because I don't eat as fast as she does?! By The Listener, I truly wonder if she even knows what she just ate. Quick! Someone had best check to make sure she didn't wolf down the plates as well.

He smirked at his last thought, then smirked even more following Cassandra's impressive belch. I think it's safe to say she liked the meal then, he thought.

Not long after this, any trace of a smirk or a smile were gone and consumption of his dessert was briefly suspended. At her mentioning the Dragonborn, Juggles turned toward Buttons, eager to see and hear her reaction.

Sqeagy

The Gentle Utensil
    As far as she was from the kitchen, Zigzag could still smell the unmistakable aroma of food traveling through the entire hideout. The last time Zigzag had real food that smelled half as good as this was.....she couldn't even remember how long ago. That guy Poet must have started cooking. It smells incredible. Zigzag started to roam the halls back to the dining room. Unfortunately for Zigzag, the hideout was a lot harder to navigate than she had previously thought. She found the bedrooms, the entrance of the hideout, and the main room but couldn't locate the room she needed. After what seemed forever, her stomach rumbling, Zigzag found the dining room.

Everyone had already started eating, much to Zigzag's dismay. They already ate dessert?!? Oh man. Zigzag sighed, but still grabbed a seat. It was only when she sat down did the Breton notice everyone's grim faces. Zigzag looked at Juggles with a raised eyebrow, hoping he could explain what's going on.