• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

SolitudeScribe

Mage in plate. Because magicka runs out.
    Right after the thump, Ljúfa hunkered down for a sec and tilted her head to the left. How the Troll contorted in its twisted position in death. Strange, considering a few seconds ago this creature wanted to gnaw Khan's face off. The Nord opened her pack and pulled out an empty vial--collecting the bits of Troll blood dripping down to the earth. She simply closed it with the cork and smiled at the others.

"Troll blood sample collected!"

fayne1565

The Limb Eater
    Khan laughed "Honorable? Does this look honorable?" Khan said pointing to the troll who was still crawling on the ground, his right leg missing. "I lopped off his leg, and this one's head!" Khan said picking up the trolls head moving the jaw as if it were talking. "This, this is not honorable... This is a slaughter" Khan said bluntly looking at J'marco "you want to finish the crawling one off?" Khan moved to the side showing him the sprawling creature who still roared in pain.

catweazle

Werewolf of Riverwood
    "i cant think why else you'd charge in like that. we've two battle mages here, ive got my bow."
    rodmar looked around
    "i think we'd best catch up with levi, before he cuts our pay"

fayne1565

The Limb Eater
    "Just for the fun my friend just for the fun" Khan said putting his hand on Rodmar's shoulder "Its an orc thing"
    He said letting go and looking at the troll who was still on the floor. "But seriously that looks like it hurts, You want to Put it out of its misery?"

sticfigur

The Khajiit Brawler
    J'marco looked at the troll with it's leg missing and took a steel dagger from his pack, he in one move stabbed the troll through the eye, killing it. "Just because I prefer my hands doesn't mean I can't use daggers." said J'marco sheathing his dagger and putting it back in his pack while smiling.

fayne1565

The Limb Eater
    Khan stopped and looked at J'marco "fair enough" Khan said looking back at Ljúfa "Anything else you want to collect before we head after Levi?" Letting her compose a answer.

SolitudeScribe

She shook her head rapidly, securing the full vial back to its original place in her bag. "No, this should suffice. But, we should go. Anyone recall where Levi and Tobias headed?"

Ljúfa adjusted the leather strap across her left shoulder. Her right palm wrapped around the lowered steel axe. She peered up at the sky for less than a second and heard the faint roar of a dragon. Luckily, from the spinning echos a keen ear can tell the call sprang to the very south. Safely away from the group. More than likely, a little beyond the fort where the Stormcloaks resided.
    "No one is hungry, right?" the dark haired woman joked timidly.

Levi Barenjager

The Drunken Battlemage
    Levi watched the group approach as he held Tobias behind him for safety. When they drew closer he could see a little troll's blood on each of their armor, though Khan seemed to be carrying the bulk of it. Once they reached the place where he stood Levi looked them over briefly. There was no need to ask how it had gone.

"Several bandits and gamblers have just gone in to the cavern. If we're careful..." Levi was looking right at Khan now, "...then we should be able to walk past the entrance without incident. From there, as the road forks, we'll continue due North into the woods. It wont take us long before we're on the other side."

Levi looked down at the young Nord boy, who had his arms rapped around Levi's knee. The boy had said very little up to this point, but Levi could see that he was scared. He unwrapped the boys hands from his leg and bent down to one knee, looking him in the eye. "I was younger than you when I learned to use my first weapon," Levi said. The words came out more sternly than he had intended, almost as if he was reprimanding the child. He pulled from his pack the daedric dagger that Rodmar had given him, still in its sheath, and tucked it firmly into the young boy's belt. "This blade carries a powerful magic," Levi exaggerated. "It will keep you safe no matter what." Tobias studied the intricate dagger, his hand gripping the hilt gently as he inspected the sharply angled pommel. He looked back up at Levi with a faint smile.

Levi stood to face the others. "Shall we?" he said, gesturing up the road toward the woods.

fayne1565

The Limb Eater
    Khan noticed Levi's eyes and looked down to see he was drenched in blood. Reaching for his pack he pulled out some old dirty clothes and wiped the blood off of his armor with them. "I'm ready" Khan said throwing the bloody clothes aside.

SolitudeScribe

Ljúfa nodded yes in response, arm crossed to cover the clumps of blood stains on her blue robe. She smiled somewhat when Levi handed Tobias the daedric dagger, eyes widening in partial interest. How did Rodmar come across such weapon, she wondered.

"Ready."

catweazle

Werewolf of Riverwood
    "i hope khan can try to be stealthy this time" said rodmar as he had an image in his mind of the orc running into the cave waving his axe above his head. If he hadn't got a job to do rodmar would have relished the chance slip into the beast form and clear out the low-lifes but they had a package to deliver and a child to protect

fayne1565

The Limb Eater
    Khan rolled his eyes "Ha stealth who needs that" he said sarcastically. "plus Rodmar were not going in the cave were passing by it"

Khan then moved his gaze to Tobias "Nice dagger should keep you safe" Khan said rubbing Tobias's head. "We are just passing by.. right" Khan said looking at Levi

Levi Barenjager

The Drunken Battlemage
    "The way trouble finds us, I don't see any reason to seek it out," responded Levi. On a different day he may have taken an interest in perusing cave and the pockets of those inside it, after they had fallen by his hand, but on this day he had different priorities. They stepped carefully past the entrance to the cave and continued along the road for a short time before reaching the fork and slipping one by one into the woods.

Their stroll through the forest sharply contrasted the battles they had seen along the road. Even Ljufa and Khan seemed to relax their usual postures and enjoy the serene environment. The weather was kinder to them this day, and sunlight came through the branches above them in large swaths as they meandered between the trees. Tobias would occasionally chase a dragonfly in circles, never straying too far from the group.

When they emerged at the other end of the woods and trotted out onto the road Levi noticed a piece of paper nailed to the tree ahead:

7349914778_c1931f42c3_m.jpg

Levi looked back at the group and showed them the notice. "The forest has treated us fairly well thus far," he told them, "I suggest we avoid the road ahead. There is no need to end the life of an otherwise peaceful giant. Aside from that, it's only short ways through the woods again before we'll reach a cave called—" he stopped to look down at his map, "Cragswallow Slope. Perhaps we can camp there for the night before heading to Windhelm tomorrow."

fayne1565

The Limb Eater
    Khan rolled his shoulders which had cramped up after their encounter with the trolls, but had lessened during the walk and he was now removing the last of the tension. "Ahh.." Khan blurted. "That sounds fine" he said finally releasing the tension in his shoulders. But in the back of his head he thought bad of this idea.

"I haven't seen him in years will he accept me? should i tell them about my father and how he acts about non-blood kin" He thought. Khan had a worried expression on his face just thinking about his father.

SolitudeScribe

The colors were far too radiant for Ljúfa's occasional darting head to keep up with. No matter how many times she has traveled across Skyrim, she hardly took the time out to observe the towering trees or jutting mountains. She never thought about consuming the beautiful images. Like most ungrateful mortals, she absently tossed common scenes in the back shelf.

And so, it took her 45 years to mentally digest the beauty of the streams and occasional blue butterfly. Aside from the casual paying attention of the ongoing conversation, the Nord continued to visually listen to the forest.

"I think we all could use a well deserved rest. Thank Kyne, we has not come to us."
    Her smile faded when noticing worry cross Khan's face. "Everything okay?"

fayne1565

The Limb Eater
    Khan was knocked out of his daze when he heard Ljúfa say something to him. Khan gave a fake smile "Yeah everything is good" he said turning away the smile turning back into a grimace. Khan tried to keep his calm but his hands started to shake as they got ever closer to their destination.

Levi Barenjager

The Drunken Battlemage
    They continued through the woods along the edge of the foothills as the afternoon gave way to the evening. Levi walked in front, using his mace gently to push the occasional branch out of his way. As they came within sight of the cave, however, his shoulders sank. There at the mouth, about 100 yards ahead, stood a dark mage. Just then Levi heard a branch breaking to the right, and turned in time to watch as a bolt of lightning stuck his chest, sending him several feet backwards to the ground.

fayne1565

The Limb Eater
    Khan heard a crackle of lighting and then watched as Levi flew past him in a puff of smoke. Khan then looked back to see A mage reading another bolt for Tobias. Immediately Khan rushed forward recklessly and jumped just in time to catch the bolt in the middle of his chest protecting the young boy.

As Khan rolled to be in front of Tobias he looked back to see the mage prepare another bolt which was sent into Khan's back Making him arch in pain. "Hide kid" Khan said taking another bolt into the back "GO" he yelled with a shortage of breath. and then watched as Tobias hid behind a near tree, Khan then fell face first into the dirt.

SolitudeScribe

A strong, glowing light surrounds the Orc, gyrating from the right palm of Ljúfa's hand. She was channeling a healing spell while her other hand held her trusty steel axe. "Try to get up! I can't hold on much longer!"

Before Khan could even say anything to the battlemage, her feet already sprang ahead on her way in channeling another spell. What she was conjuring emitted to everyone's ears near by--a loud bang of lightning. She attempted to aim the chain of lightning at the mage who was smart enough to back far away.

"Yeah, go ahead and run like a pansy!"

An expression of worry crossed her features. Wait, where was Levi? She cancelled the lightning frenzy and immediately began peering around. It wasn't a good idea to do with her back facing the caster. The final spell he gave to Ljúfa was worse than any ice spike or a wall of flames.

The Nord was doing something she'd -never- think of in the thick of battle. She was running away. Far from the group into the wilderness. From the struggled scream, it was evident Ljúfa wasn't truly running, thanks to the fear spell.

"SOMEONE BASH HIS FACE IN!" the woman yelled before "cowering".

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts