Questions No-one Bothers to Ask

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
Everytime I run into that smart-mouthed little pl*** Nelkir and he says the boot-licking line, I Fus Ro Dah his ass. :Dovahkiin: Then I end up having to reload to a point before I entered the Keep to stay out of jail...but it is soooo worth it to watch him get flung across the room!

Dang, Kairee! For this, I'd award you at least three funny icons if the system would let me. :D

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
I think this is officially the first time I've heard "perish" used as a transitive verb....

And you're probably one of the few on this forum that would take note of that... :)

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
Like it? Is this a good thing, bulbaquil? Just trying to change things up every now and again. :D

I found it quite amusing. Why shouldn't it be a transitive verb?

(Then I was like "Well, there is 'Perish the thought,'" but then I realized that's really a rephrasing of "Let the thought perish"...)

perkecet

Or when the thieves got the golden claw why did they run into an ancient Nordic burial ground!

because they stole it to get the treasure behind the puzzle door connected to the claw, arvel says that.

- What did Morthal do to make dragons attack it so much?

- If the Silver-Bloods/Black-Briars have so much influence over Markarth/Riften, why does the jarl at the start of the game support the side in the civil war that these powerful families don't?

every overworld contained city gets attacked like that. winterhold gets it the worst.

because those families don't have real political power. it's not like today where money means everything, bloodlines and such play a big role as well. they can pay off guards and own all sorts of land, but since government seats aren't obtained democratically, they can't just turn all that power into a throne. jarl's serve for life, they don't pick new ones every few years.

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
Here's another question that's been bugging me: when an NPC child is orphaned, why don't they move to Honorhall in Riften? Isn't that what the orphanage is for? Months after I murdered Alvor and Sigrid (midnight burglary gone wrong) their daughter is still hanging out in Riverwood.

While I'm on the subject of Skyrim kids, where the hell are the non-human munchkins? Do Khajiit, Argonians and the Mer just suddenly pop into existence full-grown?

And why are there no Bosmers or Khajiit available for marriage? My first character was a pretty tiger-stripped kitty looking for a furry boy-toy, only to find none...WHY? (She found Farkas instead...nummy! He and his brother are such fabulous eye-candy...)

perkecet

there are no bosmer or khajiit available for marriage because neither race believes in the goddess mara, therefore, they would not be interested in a traditional 'divines' wedding.

butcherpete2277

Suthay-raht
How can you slice someone's head off with a mace?
Why is there a hard beaten path to every single cave or ruin, who is visiting these places?
(spoiler) If Delphine stole the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller, why is the ruing still full of bandits, necromancers, and draugr?

Neriad13

Premium Member
(spoiler) If Delphine stole the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller, why is the ruing still full of bandits, necromancers, and draugr?

'Cuz Delphine's a scary lady. Quoting her Thalmor Dossier: "During the war, she evaded three attempts on her life, in one case killing an entire assassination team." I think the only draugr she ever had to tangle with in the barrow were the two dead ones you find next to where the horn's supposed to be. She must have found her way through the secret passageway near the entrance right away and slipped through the entire ruin that way.

Neriad13

Premium Member
However, what I want to know is how, when you sprint through Helgen, without making any stops or getting lost and reaching the keep within moments of jumping out of the tower, how does Ralof still manage to get there before you? There's only one pathway through that area and I never see Ralof speeding past me.

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
there are no bosmer or khajiit available for marriage because neither race believes in the goddess mara, therefore, they would not be interested in a traditional 'divines' wedding.

Okay, I can respect that...but shouldn't I at least have had a couple of each give me the option to shack up with them?

perkecet

'Cuz Delphine's a scary lady. Quoting her Thalmor Dossier: "During the war, she evaded three attempts on her life, in one case killing an entire assassination team." I think the only draugr she ever had to tangle with in the barrow were the two dead ones you find next to where the horn's supposed to be. She must have found her way through the secret passageway near the entrance right away and slipped through the entire ruin that way.
if you pay attention, you find a few more than those two throughout the ruin. one on a bridge over a room strikes me in particular, always makes you think you've gone the wrong way.

Bad-People

Supreme Overlord of the Barbarian Tribe of Hothor
Getting back to my earlier posting about food in crypts, how come there is sometimes new armor in them? For example, finding a stormcloak cuirass or an imperial helmet. Either the soldiers have been poking around in ancient burial mounds, or the zombie-like draugr have been out looking for someone to eat...

You have to remember that the Imperial Legion has been around for a long time, in its current form for something like 700 years, also the storm cloak armor is really just Windhelm guard armor, which has also been around for a while.

How can you slice someone's head off with a mace?

You knocked his block off!

Dovahlink69

Not the Dragonborn - A very naughty boy!
Why can't I pet the mammoths?
Because they're miserable creatures that enjoy attacking any Dovakhiin that happens to get too close. They should be helpful,like the Giants. There was this one Giant that helped me enlist in the Tamriel Space Program.

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
Why can't I pet the mammoths?

The giants have signs set up that say "PLEASE DO NOT PET THE MAMMOTHS." Unfortunately, you can't read Giantish, so they have to get your attention on this matter through other means.

---

However, what I want to know is how, when you sprint through Helgen, without making any stops or getting lost and reaching the keep within moments of jumping out of the tower, how does Ralof still manage to get there before you? There's only one pathway through that area and I never see Ralof speeding past me.

Ulfric Fus Ro Dahs Ralof to the keep, maybe?

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Because they're miserable creatures that enjoy attacking any Dovakhiin that happens to get too close. They should be helpful,like the Giants. There was this one Giant that helped me enlist in the Tamriel Space Program.

Which brings me to another point. Why can giant's send you into space via a simple club but followers get stuck on a pebble?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts