Private The Grand Adventure (IC)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Rextoret

top kek
    Sorex saw Elsa looking up at the stars and walked over to her. "Looking at the stars, huh? Always did find them interesting myself." He said while smiling. He sat down next to Elsa. "Brings peace to the mind on a day where peace doesn't belong." Sorex turned to Elsa, "I always looked at them every night when I was done with training with my Illusion master. Beautiful, they are. They say all those little points of light are holes into Oblivion, something that no mortal can see. What do you think?"

Farthlion

I swear to drunk, I'm not Talos.
    Upon hearing Freyr's words, the Redguard was completely shocked. "I understand completely, but you must promise me that if your companions are in danger - you will. I would feel worse about not being able to be a protector than being the hand that tore a life from a killer."

"Just some vegetables, herbs and some rabbit haunches. Forest food. It's simple but it'll keep you alive."

The Redguard turned pale. And he had thought that Satakal would spare him from anymore surprises today! "Rabbit you said? I am a vegetarian..." The Redguard set the bowl down and immediately went for his flask of water... he had to get the taste of meat out of his mouth.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    "Rabbit you said? I am a vegetarian..." Elsa balked. "Divines! Oh Farth I'm so sorry! I had no idea! If I'd known I would have left it out for sure." Cringing at her mistake she watched as the poor bard rinsed out his mouth. He really wasn't having the best of days at all.

While Farth dealt with the meat problem Elsa saw Sorex move to join her by the fire. Moving her gaze from the suffering redguard she listened closely to Sorex's memory of times gone by.

"I always looked at them every night when I was done with training with my Illusion master. Beautiful, they are. They say all those little points of light are holes into Oblivion, something that no mortal can see. What do you think?"

Humming in agreement Elsa looked up to the sky. "I like to think they're the souls of heroes gone from this realm, watching and guiding us. It makes you feel a little less lonely on a dark night." Smiling to herself she looked down at her hands folded in her lap. "My pa and I used to point out the constellations and tell each other the stories for each one. I'd always forget the poems so I'd just make up my own."

Rextoret

top kek
    Sorex smiled. "Sure. Heroes..." He looked up into the sky. All the little dots of light did seem reassuring. "Look at that one, it looks like a Warrior." Sorex pointed into the sky with his left hand. "See, there's the shield. And there's the sword." Sorex smiled widely and sighed. This is just like the feeling he had had many years ago, looking up to the stars.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Following Sorex's direction Elsa squinted before spotting the formation he saw. "I see him now. It does look like a warrior, like Talos himself." Staring in awe and wonder at the night sky Elsa could almost pretend that she was sat on the crates beside her old home, telling stories about the stars with her father.

Smiling to herself Elsa layback down, pillowing her hands under her head. "What else can you see?"

Rextoret

top kek
    "Well, there's what looks like a Serpent." Sorex pointed to a long string of stars, seeming to threaten the Warrior. "That one moves about the heavens all the time. What about you? Anything you see?" Sorex smiled, he was having a good time.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    "That one moves about the heavens all the time. What about you? Anything you see?"

Elsa craned her neck to look around, raising her hand to point at a collection of stars just visible over to their left. "Over there looks like a hawk. Do you see the wings stretching out. That star there is the point of the beak." Looking at Sorex she grinned, enjoying the momentary indulgence in child like wonder at the cosmos. "I think I needed this. Everyone needs to find a way to deal."

Envii

"Rabbit you said? I am a vegetarian..."

Freyr burst into laughter as the gigantic bard heaved himself out of jhis seat and began spitting his dinner into the forest. Freyr had never seen the giant bard move that fast, even when his life was in danger!

Still chuckling Freyr walked over and patted the flustered bard firmly on the back

"Oh my friend" he chuckled "I think you will have a a few fine tales to tell at the bards college before this is over."

Still smiling to himself Freyr glanced upwards to see what it was that Sorax and Elsa were looking at. He smiled and the constellations seemed to smile back at him. These stars had been his guide many times and he enjoyed appreciating them.

Envii

A cool mist lay head height over the pines as the suns first rays peeked over the mountain. The smoldering coals of the fire still clung to life and softly sputtered and hissed. As the suns rays crept higher and higher the fog began to disappear. the light began to creep up the side of the watch tower the rays began to peek through the doorway, illuminating a shining path through the darkness of their resting place.

Freyr was the first to wake, as the suns rays fell on his eyes he was startled into consciousnesses. He sat up quickly, his hand straying to his dagger that lay concealed under his blanket. As he surveyed the peaceful scene in front of him his companions snores ripped through the crisp morning hush.

Freyr felt his body relax and his muscles unclench and began to stretch his tired bones. The rumbling of his stomach alerted him to the fact that he had not eaten much after killing that bandit last night. He tip-toed towards the pot that hung suspended over the dying fire. He peered over the brim and was pleased to see that a decent amount of food remained.

He did not feel like unpacking his equipment and decided instead to merely dip his four fingers into the pot, scooping the cold soup into his mouth. Freyr basked in the suns rays as he happily shoveled food into his mouth. Even though he had been on the floor he had slept wonderfully last night. He suspected that it had to do with his new companions. He felt relaxed in their company.

Finishing his bowl Freyr heaved himself to his feet and began to ready himself for travel. "Oy! Wake up!" he said sharply landing a slightly firmer than normal kick in Tacitus's side.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    "Oy! Wake up!"

Frowning as she woke up Elsa rubbed her eyes with the heel of her hand, groaning as the light of the sun hit her eyes. Sitting up she saw Freyr kicking at Tacitus, the rest of the group slowly coming around. Picking from leaves from her hair Elsa growled, her mood generally irritable in the morning as usual.

Wishing there was water nearby to wash her face with she made do by grabbing the pouch of water from her pack and swilling the cold liquid around her mouth before spitting it into the dirt beside her bed roll. Sighing she stood up, quickly grabbing her leathers and fitting them easily, all the while squinting in the early light and grumbling to herself. Packing her things up she readied herself to leave, pausing before emptying the pot from the night before. "Freyr, are you still eating? I could get you a bowl you know."

Envii

"Freyr, are you still eating? I could get you a bowl you know."

Freyr paused and looked down at his hands. He had not noticed that he was getting soup and bits of rabbit flesh everywhere!

Color rushed to his cheeks and he gratefully accepted the bowl that Elsa offered him. Turning away towards the entrance to hide his embarrassment

Rextoret

top kek
    Sorex struggled off the ground and walked bleary-eyed over to the cauldron of stew. His hair was a mess, with strands going everywhere. "Could I get a bowl, Elsa?" Sorex asked.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Laughing at the sheepish expression that crossed Freyr's face she turned to see Sorex up, also inquiring after a bowl. Fetching one from her pack she handed it over with a smile. "Sure thing."

She herself chose to enjoy a still crisp apple that she had stolen from the tavern in Falkreath. Unfolding her map she used some charcoal to mark how far they had come, noting down Helgen and the watchtower they had spent the night in, even taking time to doodle an image of a dragon. Crossing her legs she rested and elbow upon her knee, the apple clutched absently in her hand as she analysed the map. Wiping away some juice from her chin with the back of her hand she thought on their route, faintly tracing a line over the course she expected them to take. She hoped by the time their group disbanded her map would be filled with scribbles and notations.

Rextoret

top kek
    Sorex walked slowly over to the cauldron of soup and filled his bowl. He sat by the dying fire and eat his soup. After he was done, he changed back into his armor. He looked around the tower for a bit and found one of the bandit's swords. It was a steel sword like the one he already carried. He found a holster in one of the cabinets and put it on his waist alongside his other sword. He knew that having a backup might be useful. He scavenged about and found quite a few coins lying around as well as some other trinkets. He put them in his pack alongside his other various belongings. Lastly, he grabbed a small empty journal that was lying on one of the tables. He thought he might want to write about his journey in this. After he slid the journal into his pack, he went back to the fire and sat down. He cracked his fingers and waited for Freyr to give them the order to move out.

Envii

As elsa turned back to the group Freyr slipped quickly outside the tower. The fresh air caused the color to drain quickly from his cheeks and his face to break into a smile. Freyr breathed in deep the scent of the pines on the crisp morning air. Swept away into his own world yet again Freyr pulled out his pipe and began to trot down the path Forgetting again about the party!

Farthlion

"Oh my friend" Freyr chuckled "I think you will have a a few fine tales to tell at the bards college before this is over."

The large Redguard grinned, "Indeed!"

Farth went to bed after eating a meal of assorted foods from his pack, which were non-meat. He had assumed he finished his watch after he came in the tower to eat, and opted to lean against one of the tower's walls and closed his eyes. The bard had opted to not sleep in any of the make-shift beds that the slaughtered bandits had left. It just seemed wrong knowing that you were lying in place of a dead man.

The bard dreamt of the warm fires of the Winking Skeever, the unlimited amount of books that were held in the Bard's College, and his friends who most certainly were missing him back in Solitude.

"Oy! Wake up!"

Farth cringed as he opened his eyes, the bright light catching him by surprise. His muscles were tense from leaning on the wall all night, and he carefully stretched, being sure that each of his long limbs did not hit anything nearby. He watched as Freyr nudged Tacitus awake and also noted that Elsa and Sorex had also stirred upon Freyr's words and was up and about.

Farth grabbed the last of his food from his bag and got out his book, engrossing himself in a few poems. He noticed his companions beginning to get their supplies ready to travel again.

"To Riverwood today?"

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    "To Riverwood today?"

Looking up from her map Elsa nodded, pointing at the route she had sketched. "Uh huh. Pretty sure we'll be following this path here. Ordinarily that would lead us to Helgen though, not sure if Freyr will choose to go another way seeing as it was, you know...smoked by a dragon yesterday." Taking a bite from her apple the young girl tapped the image in thought. "Not sure how else we would get to Riverwood. But then again what do I know? I'm new to this place entirely."

Looking at Farth Elsa paused her thoughts, thinking on how shaken the bard had been after yesterday's events. "How are you feeling? Did you sleep at all?"

Farthlion

"How are you feeling? Did you sleep at all?"

"I am feeling quite rejuvenated! And yes, I slept soundly after I was able to eat.... although I do need to refill my supplies once we reach Riverwood." Farth commented as he began to tighten the straps on his scaled horn armor. He put his book away and swung both of his bags on his shoulder. Next Farth sheathed his swords, which were lying nearby on the ground. He stood up and smiled at the young Nordic girl, towering over her.

"Are we going to be heading out soon? I do not see Freyr anywhere."

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    "Are we going to be heading out soon? I do not see Freyr anywhere."

Craning her neck to look the bard in the eye she fought the urge to step back. He was simply too tall for his own good. Frowning at his observation Elsa sighed. "Chances are he spotted something that needed hunting. Have you noticed he keeps forgetting he is the leader of quite a large party of travellers? I fear we may be left with no choice but to find a way of tethering him down." Looking at the still sleeping form of Tacitus she giggled. "Perhaps to Tacitus, we all know how well they get along after all."

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    "Oy! Wake up!"

Tacitus felt a sharp kick in his side, and looked up to see Freyr standing over him, winding back for another kick. He exclaimed with a hint of annoyance, "I'm awake, I'm awake!" He grumbled as he stood up, stretched, and filled his bowl with soup. As he began to eat, he noticed Elsa and Farth talking. They were discussing the group's likely next destination. Tacitus chimed in, "Riverwood? Isn't that near Whiterun? Because, we might want to let the man in charge know he has a dragon in his territory."