Private The Grand Adventure (IC)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Rextoret

top kek
    Sorex sat beside Freyr enjoying the sound of the flute. His wounds from the fight were starting to heal and a bit of music can never hurt. He leaned back, letting the fire warm his body and the music quell his worries. He was glad to have companions who could play music. He thought about the day and how much fun it had been. "I wish every night could be like this." Sorex said longingly. As the music flowed into his ears, Sorex sang a Daedric poem to match the tempo.
    8453634295_0bb93d3619.jpg

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Listening to Freyr and Sorex Elsa quickly set about cooking with what she could find in hers and Freyr's packs. Soon the air filled with a homely smell of spices, the young nord often tasting the stew to check for flavour. Letting the food cook on its own Elsa wandered over to Tacitus. Despite his vulgar past Elsa couldn't deny his skills with his blades and like most nords, prowess in battle outweighed his other perceived flaws. Though she hated to admit it, even to herself, she had been impressed with his precise actions. "So...I may have judged you too harshly before. I've never seen anyone fight with skill like that before. You were brutal, but elegant too..like it was some kind of bloody dance." Picking up a stick to draw in the dirt by her feet Elsa huffed out a breath, her pride making her apology all the more unbearable.

"Do you think, I mean if you don't mind, but could you...teach me how to fight like that? I mean, I'm fine with my bow, and if I can sneak up on someone my daggers are fine...but in close quarters like that? I would have been dead within the minute."

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    Tacitus plopped down on a log around the fire. Elsa was cooking, Freyr playing a tune on a bone flute, Sorex reciting some Daedric poem... Not my first choice as far as ways to spend an evening, but not too bad. Tacitus uncorked a bottle of ale and leaned back. As he drank, he noticed that Elsa was meandering his way. When she was nearby, she hesitated a moment, then spoke up.

"So...I may have judged you too harshly before. I've never seen anyone fight with skill like that before. You were brutal, but elegant too..like it was some kind of bloody dance."

"If I'm honest, you probably didn't judge me too harshly. By your standards, I am a scumbag. Even my fighting is debauchery. You know where I learned to fight like that?" Tacitus laughed lightly. "Bar fighting! Mostly drunk, and mostly after I said hello to the wrong lass with her huge suitor in earshot."

"Do you think, I mean if you don't mind, but could you...teach me how to fight like that? I mean, I'm fine with my bow, and if I can sneak up on someone my daggers are fine...but in close quarters like that? I would have been dead within the minute."

Tacitus was surprised that Elsa really was interested in having him teach her. He had just about given up on his chances with the Nord woman, but... for a second, he wondered if he really even wanted her. If she was for some reason, 'off-limits' to a man of debauchery such as himself. Then he thought to himself, What's this, old boy? Getting sentimental on me, er, yourself now? That's right, just take a swig to steel your nerves, set you straight, and tell her yes.

He gulped down a mouthful of ale, then said, "Of course. Just give me some time to think, figure out exactly what it is I do in a fight - I'm often inebriated, you must know, so it all just sort of comes to me when I need it." Tacitus thought to ask himself, exactly what did he do in a fight? It was a bit like drunken boxing, but with a sword, and any other objects lying about. "Oh, looks like your soup's boiling," he said, pointing behind Elsa and to the cooking pot.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    "If I'm honest, you probably didn't judge me too harshly. By your standards, I am a scumbag. Even my fighting is debauchery. You know where I learned to fight like that? Bar fighting! Mostly drunk, and mostly after I said hello to the wrong lass with her huge suitor in earshot."

Elsa couldn't help but grin at Tacitus' confession. "That's kind of what I meant by judging you too harshly you know. Growing up on the docks...you don't get away without a bit of debauchery. I guess I was just on my guard around you. You know...word gets around." Rubbing her neck out of awkwardness she wasn't left to suffer too long as Tacitus agreed to teach her.

"Wow, really? Thanks. Wait, my soup?" Quickly looking to the pot Elsa cursed and hurried over, quickly removing the pot from over the fire. Giving the stew a taste Elsa hummed with approval. Had she left it any longer it would have surely been ruined. Or at least the wrong side of crunchy. "Okay guys, food's done."

Gentleman Adventurer

A True Gentleman
    Relyn levitated a bowl of stew over to his seat by the fire. After hitting the bowl with a small frost spell to cool it, he tasted it. "My compliments to the chef! I Haven't had stew this good since I dined with Queen Barenziah!" He continued to down his meal. Well, that's something of a lie, he thought. I've had better, but I was so starving that by this point, a meal of dog meat and moon sugar would have tasted amazing.

As he alternated between eating his stew and keeping the fire alive, Relyn turned to Sorex. "So, you mentioned earlier you were tutored by a Cheydinhal Illusion Mage. Might I inquire which one?"

Rextoret

top kek
    "Lurius Anzione." Sorex told Relyn. "He taught me everything I know about Illusion magic. He was very old when he started training me, but he was the best teacher I could of asked for. He also taught me far more than Illusions. Daedric, the way the world works, geography, history and much more." Sorex said, thinking back to the wonderful years he had spent as a student to Lurius.

Gentleman Adventurer

A True Gentleman
    Relyn nodded his head as the Imperial spoke. "Anzione, yes. I've heard of him before. Wanted to meet him. I never got the chance, sadly. I could see that you were a well educated man from the moment we first met, but I had no idea of the extensiveness of your training. Tell me, in all your time training, did you even once consider becoming a mage?"

Rextoret

top kek
    "Once, but I realized my true passion was traveling. To see all of Tamriel and maybe even all of Nirn one day." Sorex said with a smile on his face. "Magic is interesting, but there are so many things in this world to discover. Maybe one day I'll learn more about magic." Sorex proceeded to take a spoonful of his soup. He enjoyed it. "How did you learn magic? Surely you have some stories? You don't live hundreds of years without doing something."

Gentleman Adventurer

A True Gentleman
    Relyn smiled. "I'm afraid I can't say much about my incredible age, ancient Telvanni secrets and the like. But as for my magical training, I can share a bit. I was born to an old noble family in the mid Second Era. They all died when I was quite young, wiped out by a deadly disease. After that, I turned my skills to alchemy and science. Over the years I've had many adventurers. I fought in the Alliance War, drove back Daedra during the Oblivion Crisis, and even built a small army to fight against Umbriel." I should probably leave out the part about the years of dark sorcery, Daedric knowledge, and destroying my enemies, Relyn thought to himself. I don't think they'd like that.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    As the group ate, Tacitus heard that Sorex and the strange elf, Relyn, seemed to be hitting it off. Tacitus had never cared for intellectuals, especially peculiar, eccentric ones like this Telvanni wizard. Luckily, they had a habit of gravitating together and chatting up a storm. And at least the elf posed no threat to Tacitus' chances with Elsa, unlike Sorex. But if Sorex was trying on purpose, he would just have to try harder, because Tacitus had checked the requirement for netting a Nordic catch; masculinity. He chugged down the remainder of his bottle of ale, then plucked another from his bag and went on drinking. He felt his consciousness blurring, and he drifted into a half-sleep, where he was aware of the conversation going on around him, but he did not really comprehend what was being said.

Rextoret

top kek
    "If only men could live as long as elves." Sorex said with a sigh. "Then I could have many more adventures. I dread the day I will die. Not for leaving this world, but leaving it without having enough adventure." Sorex told Relyn. "Do elves have this fear as well? Surely men's lifespan's seem tiny compared to yours?" Sorex looked off to his side and saw Tacitus drinking bottles of ale at an alarming rate. Sorex ignored the man's heavy drinking and turned back to Relyn.

Gentleman Adventurer

A True Gentleman
    "Well," Relyn said, putting his now empty bowl down. "Most Elves do, in fact, have this fear. Dunmer only live on average to be around two hundred and fifty years of age, which, while longer than that of a human, is still insignificant compared to that lifespan of an Altmer. The only reason I have lived so long is because of my magics. They keep me young, and relatively fit, but I still age. Honestly, I have no idea how much longer they'll keep me living." Relyn shot another small ball of flames into the fire, and it flared up again. "There was once a Telvanni wizard who lived for over four thousand years. He was a mentor of mine, and later in life a good friend to me. He may well have stayed young forever, if not for his untimely death at the hands of the Argonians. I have no idea if I'll end up living as long as he did or if my body will rot away slowly, until the one day I look in the mirror and see nothing but a shriveled corpse. And besides, in a profession such as mine, Sorex, one must always fear death."

Rextoret

top kek
    "Is it always good to fear death so much as to extend your life? No woman could live as long as that man. He must have grown lonely in all that time. In general, I know nothing of Dunmer marriage customs or relationships. Surely they must be tenuous? How can two people remain married for hundreds of years?" Sorex asked.

Gentleman Adventurer

A True Gentleman
    Relyn gave a grim smile. "They don't. Love is generally a lost concept amongst those of great magical power. On the rare chance a mage does find someone he wishes to spend an eternity with, chances are they won't be like him. When the restoration magic used to keep myself and other high-ranking magic users young is cast on those without much magical prowess, it does nothing more than prolong the inevitable. They may live for another fifty years or so, but they'll die the moment the spells wear off. Powerful mages, on the other hand, are able to process the magics much more effectively. Rather than just keep us alive, as it does to those who pursue non-magical studies, it keeps us young." Relyn yawned. It was getting quite late.

"That said, history is not without cases of two mages falling in love. There were two healers in Mournhold who both lived for around six hundred years. I, myself, once had a passing fling with another member of House Telvanni. It ended rather badly, but we kept on good terms." He gave a longing smile up at the sky. "I really do miss it, the House. A damn shame what happened to us. So many brilliant minds working together and then..." He snapped his fingers. "Gone."

Rextoret

top kek
    "I understand. I'm going to go have a few mugs of ale if you don't mind." Sorex told Relyn. "Get this talk of sadness out of my mind."

Farthlion

I swear to drunk, I'm not Talos.
    Farth had spent the last few hours in silence and enjoying the muffled tune of a flute and Sorex's song. He exhausted himself finding whatever he could about the dragon in the books he had brought. If only he had not given several to the innkeeper in Falkreath.... they could hold some information on the vicious beasts that would be of interest to a traveling bard. A bard's job was to know about his surroundings after all, and a traveling bard just took on a greater challenge.

The large bard chuckled at a poem he had wrote quite a few years ago among the influence of his Imperial companions. They had certainly helped him with this one - it was at a time when the Nords and the Imperials weren't clashing of course. A time when everyone had an unbiased opinion upon their Skyrim brethren.

Skyrim, oh Skyrim, home to the Nords,
    Many of the greatest warriors to clash swords,
    Their aim with a bow is truer than true,
    Their fresh flowing waters bluer than blue,
    There is nothing this bard would change about her,
    Except to get rid of those greedy Altmer

Finally his nerves were calmed, his mind clear. Farth caught a whiff of a delicious smell, and upon realization that his stomach was giving a fierce growl, he couldn't help but to lift himself off of the bench he had been sitting upon and head into the enclosed quarters of the watchtower. Yes, he was leaving his post, but he was convinced that Satakal didn't have anymore surprises in store for him tonight. Dragons, burning villages, and bandits were more than enough to initiate a traveling bard into the wilds.

Upon entering, he took notice that the watchtower was in pretty decent shape for being as old as the times when the (previously fictional) dragons were about. The bandits must have had some housekeeping skills after all! The bard had failed to check up on everyone after the fight with said bandits, so he was relieved to see that each of his companions were accounted for.

Sorex and Relyn were speaking with each other, enjoying soup while Freyr sat alone with his instrument. He was extremely surprised to see that Tacitus and Elsa were on speaking terms however, and his gaze immediately went back to Sorex, who did not seem very bothered by this fact. He was wary of Tacitus's intentions, but Elsa did not look uncomfortable - and for that reason he would treat her as an adult and not intervene.

The Redguard's gaze went back to Freyr. He played an instrument - a flute! What a bard quality! He immediately went to sit by the quiet Nord, smiling warmly as he took some bread from his bag. He offered Freyr a loaf, holding the piece in his large hand, "Would you like some? A man needs to eat."

With his other hand, the Redguard gestured to the flute Freyr held. "You play... are you a traveling bard by any chance? I have not heard much of your past or reasons for this journey. I am not sure what our objective even is."

Envii

Freyr sat absentmindedly against the stone wall of the outpost. He twirled his bone flute in his hand watching the flickering light reflect off of its surface. His mind drifted back over the events of the day and the face of the man that he killed invaded his thoughts.

"Would you like some? A man needs to eat."

Freyr started at the sound of the red guards voice and looked up sharply. he craned his neck to try and make eye contact but found that it was impossible! thankfully the red guard felxed his powerful knees and thudded to a seat next to freyr. Freyr gratefully extended his hand to accept the bowl of soup that the bard offered him but he did not eat even a bite. He did not think that he could force any food down without the image of the bandits face driving it back out of his body..

"You play... are you a traveling bard by any chance? I have not heard much of your past or reasons for this journey. I am not sure what our objective even is."

Freyr chuckled slightly and smiled at the question. "Me?" he said bewildered. "A bard? I know nothing of great songs or tales that would stir a nords heart. My voice is not beautiful enough to tell the tale of our generation." he said with a wistful tone in his voice.

"I have always just enjoyed the music, it is like a constant companion for me. Wherver I am and whatever I am going through the music is always with me."

freyr remained silent about his intentions for the journey, He did not feel like delving into such a complicated subject after the days events.

"I am sorry that I failed you in the fight today with the bandits." said Freyr respectfully "You could have died...and..well...It will not happen again.." He said setting his jaw

Farthlion

I swear to drunk, I'm not Talos.
    Farth frowned and seemed to think of Freyr's avoidance to his question as a sign that the man did not trust him. "Whether there be peace or war through history... music and poetry is the one constant. It is the one thing all races share a respect for," he noted.

"I am sorry that I failed you in the fight today with the bandits." said Freyr respectfully "You could have died...and..well...It will not happen again.."

"I would not spend more time thinking about it. What has happened has happened. We cannot reverse the past. I have come to the realization that during this quest I will kill someone, and if it is because I am protecting my companions I will do it with pride," with his words he realized that this probably was the reason for the passion for many warriors of Hammerfell. Redguards were naturally protective. "You seem to be still troubled by the kill." It was not a question, but a statement. He knew Freyr had been upset about the death of the bandits. Their leader was compassionate and not heartless.

Farth took a bowl from one of his large sacks and leaned a long arm over to fill it with soup. He took a wooden spoon out as well and began to eat.

"This is delicious! What is in it?" The bard suddenly exclaimed after consuming a bite.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    "This is delicious! What is in it?"

While the others had eaten their fill Elsa had settled by the fire, happy to sit in silence as she cleaned and maintained her weapons. Looking up from her blades Elsa smiled at the redguard's enthusiasm. "Just some vegetables, herbs and some rabbit haunches. Forest food. It's simple but it'll keep you alive."

Looking back to her work Elsa said a prayer for the dead as she always did, before carefully putting her weapons away in her pack. Lying back on her bedroll she began to watch the skies. It was a clear night, bound to be icy and unforgiving, but the stars shone against the midnight blue. Picking out constellations in her head Elsa recited the poems she knew that belonged to each formation. It was a game she had played as a child, and after today a simple game such as this brought untold comfort to her.

Envii

"You seem to be still troubled by the kill."

Freyr dropped his eyes at Farth's statement. Had it been that obvious that he was affected by the bandit? "Ive...well..ive never..killed before.." said Freyr dropping his eyes to the stone floor. "And I dont think i will again."

"death is a part of life...I know..But men were not meant for this...to kill each other. It is not the way of things...And I will not convince myself that it is the right thing to do." He said with conviction in his voice.

"This is delicious! What is in it?"

Freyr smiled at the redguard's honest enthusiasm. His innocence reminded Freyr of the innocence of a child, albeit a large one! farth seemed to walk through life wide eyed and happy. Peering out at the world around hi mand trying to make sense of it all. Freyr liked this redguard Bard, He felt safe sitting in his immense shadow.