Private The Grand Adventure (IC)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Envii

This girl had surprised Freyr over and over again. She showed excellent survival skills and knowledge and Freyr trusted that she and him had lived a relatively similar life. And when he looked at her he saw the same passion and fire that he possessed burning back at him.

Freyr's experienced eyes allowed him to see the skill that Elsa commanded with her catlike grace. She slipped deftly through the group and appeared at freyr's side in an instant. He removed his finger from his lips and pointed out through the underbrush as if demonstrating where to look

Farthlion

I swear to drunk, I'm not Talos.
    As Freyr ordered the group to remain silent Farth immediately felt like every careful step he took was like a clap of thunder. At a crouching position he was nearly as tall as some of them standing up. His swords clanked loudly against his armor and his bags seemed to heave and rub against his shoulder with every deep breath he inhaled.

He watched as his companions cast spells to muffle their armor, and Farth immediately wished that he too knew a spell or two that would help him with his current predicament. He watched as Freyr seemed to be motioning to Elsa about something ahead of them. Attempting to look at what it was as well, he squinted his eyes. He could not see anything though, and remained just as confused as before.

What on Earth could be going on now? I've encountered a dragon, a whole village burned to the ground, and now there is another danger? Doesn't Satakal know when to stop?

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Following Freyr's direction Elsa looked ahead. They had walked far enough to see the watchtower, but there was a problem. Two bandits had set up camp outside. Whether there were more inside the tower or not, it was impossible to tell. But Elsa understood the silent instruction and quickly strung and nocked an arrow on her string. Pulling back the string Elsa held her position, slowly exhaling, before sending an arrow into the chest of one bandit. As his companion was alerted Elsa grabbed a second arrow from her quiver, sending it flying into the second bandit's neck.

"Damn."

Waiting to see if any more were going to reveal themselves Elsa deemed it safe and nodding at Freyr she quickly and silently made her way over, unsheathing one of her hidden daggers to quickly kill her second target. An arrow to the neck would mortally wound, but unlike her first shot, would not kill instantly. Even a bandit deserved a quick death. Sending a prayer to Arkay she remained in her crouched position, waving to Freyr to let him know it was safe to come over.

Envii

Freyr Watched as Elsa expertly killed two men with only slight hesitation. "Where does a girl like that learn to kill a man with such...skill" he thought to himself. He realized that it scared him slightly that this girl could kill so easily, it made her all the more interesting.

As Elsa waved him over, Freyr already knew something was wrong. he heard heard the rustling of the twigs behind them and already knew it was too late. He whirled around notching an arrow in his bow. He pivoted and aimed at the three bandits who had come from behind their party and had appeared in their midst..

Gentleman Adventurer

A True Gentleman
    Relyn spun around to see three bandits with their weapons drawn. One of them, an archer, notched an arrow and was ready to fire when he fell down dead. Relyn, now visible, calmly pulled his short sword out of the dead bandit's back. "Alright, you're about to see what a real Telvanni can do!" Shock spells crackled to life in the elf's hands as four more bandits came running over, and his fellow party members joined in the fight.

Farthlion

Farth watched as the young Nord skillfully strung and fired her arrow with precise aim and was amazed - his impression had proven correct, she definitely was worthy of the title of a master of her weapon.

Farth watched as Freyr turned back at the, his arrow knocked and read. At first the giant bard had thought that he was being aimed at, but after quickly dodging to the side and out of Freyr's way, he reassessed the scene and noticed 3 men who did not belong in their group.

The Redguard put on his best smile and withdrew both of his swords, "Please run now and we will spare yo--" Relyn had already attacked, and the bard gulped, panicking for a moment as he realized that he was going to actually be fighting to kill these men.

One of the bandits, the larger of the 3, appeared to have chosen him as his target, and now was running toward the bard with his mace swinging violently in the air. The two large men clashed, and Farth blindly slashed at the air in front of him and attempted to do his best to parry with his attacker's mace. This bandit was easily the more experienced and better suited in this battle. between the two. Even with the Redguard's natural strength and athleticism he knew that if he did not have the help from one of his companions, the fight would not end well for him.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    Elsa was only just accommodating Tacitus, and now the kindly Redguard was eyeing him suspiciously. Better not tangle with that fellow, he thought. She's too much trouble anyway. Stick to what you know. He gradually made his way away from Elsa and walked along in silence. As the sun began to sink, Freyr emerged from the woods in a panic. Tacitus hadn't noticed that the Nord had even wandered away, but he had, and now he was back with fresh game. When Freyr directed the party's attention to the object of his panic, a wave of fear seemed to sweep through; a plume of smoke was visible from a nearby settlement, called Helgen. The dragon had done this. It was decided that the group would avoid Helgen and keep walking. Not long after this, they came across a watchtower occupied by bandits. Freyr and Elsa, the apparent wilderness experts of the group took out a few of the bandits and the group moved up, only to be accosted by four more bandits. The cocky Telvanni wizard ran his sword through the back of one, and then prepared two fistfuls of shock magic.

Suddenly, Tacitus turned to see a bulky Orc bandit charging him, clad in heavy iron armor and a battleaxe overhead. Tacitus reacted quickly, ducking and drawing his sword. The clumsy Orc's axe came down on the ground behind Tacitus, and he took the opportunity to go to work on the bandit. He sliced along the exposed skin between the Orc's torso armor and trousers, then stood up in the startled embrace of the bandit, driving his katana up through the smelly outlaw's armpit and out his back, knocking against the inside of the heavy armor. He then kicked the back of the bandit's knees, causing them to buckle, spun his blade so that it was backwards in his hand, and pulled the Orc in close to drive the blade up into his meaty ribs. When the bandit lay dead at his feet, Tacitus wiped his blade on some cloth protruding from under the corpse's armor, then set to another bandit. This one was clad in fur armor, and wielded a one-handed sword. The bandit spun his sword over his head before bringing it down with a cry. Tacitus deftly dodged the swipe, slamming his knee down onto the man's sword-hand, then elbowing him in the nose, throwing him backward, and driving his sword through the man's throat. Tacitus stood, panting, taking a brief respite from the combat. Usually he was drunk when he fought like that, and he was too numb to feel exhausted or hurt. But he was sober, and he damned himself for it.

Briefly a thought made itself known, to Tacitus' amusement; Let's see what she thinks of that, eh? Oh, who in Oblivion am I kidding. But at least she might respect me a little. But this thought was interrupted by the sight of Farth struggling against a mace-wielding bandit. To Tacitus' puzzlement, the bard was not faring well, even with his "size"-able advantage. Tacitus chuckled at his inward pun, then ran to the man's aid, kicking the bandit in the side and driving his katana through his chest.

Envii

Freyr watched as Tacitus brutally slaughtered the three bandits. His jaw hung open as the man flowed from bandit to bandit in a whirl of steel. The man had reacted like a cold blooded killer.

Only moments ago Freyr had watched as the bard was overwhelmed by a bandit. Freyr had the bandit in his sights as he raised his sword for the killing blow on Farth. In that moment, Freyr had frozen. He still struggled with the thought of killing a man and it had almost cost Farth his life. If it had not been for tacitus reacting to the situation he would surely be dead.

Freyr lowered his eyes in shame and slowly the tip if his arrow sank towards the ground. He had let Farth down, and he had let the party down as a leader. "It looks like theyre going to be the ones taking care of YOU after all you idiot" he thought to himself. Freyr realized that once again he had not reacted quick enough and turned to see the Elf shooting streams of lighting from his fingers tips, laughing as the four bandits that he fought yelled in pain!

Gentleman Adventurer

A True Gentleman
    Relyn was laughing hysterically as the four men in front of him writhed in pain. Blue sparks flew in every direction. One of them tried to charge Relyn, and was reduced to ashes. The Telvanni was tiring of the torture however, and was about to finish the remaining three off when his stream of lightning sputtered and died.

"Damn!" Relyn reached into his satchel and tossed out the miniature spider from earlier, which immediately skittered up to one of the men and began shocking him. Of all the times to run out of magicka... Relyn drew his blade again, and looked over to see Freyr standing alone, his head bowed. "Freyr! Care to give me a hand? That spider's not going to hold them off forever!" Praying that the Nord would help him, Relyn twirled his sword around and ran towards the three bandits.

Farthlion

Farth got up from the ground, shaken from what had just happened. He had just witnessed his companions kill several men. He stared at the large bandit which had been attacking him before Freyr had rescued him and turned his head to the side in order to look away from the sight. Unfortunately his eyes then rested on Tacitus's kill, and the towering bard fell backwards in shock fro the gruesome scene. He hit the ground with a thud, his swords clanking out of his hands.

He wondered if all Redguards felt this way when they first killed. For many they did it young, as you were deemed a man in Hammerfell by the time you could handle a sword and win a fight against another. Usually after the fight was won the young man would be made a warrior and put into whatever ongoing war was happening in Hammerfell. As a warrior, one was basically given permission to kill. These customs did not appeal to Farthlion, and he had yet to actually make his first kill.

Realizing Relyn was still in battle, Farth quickly got up, swords in hand, "I am sure we can all work this out peacefully... we just need to all come to an understanding!" He yelled, attempting to stop the fighting. This was no place for a bard..

Envii

Freyr Lifted his head as he heard the cry for help. "Its not every day you hear a dark elf admit he needs help" Freyr thought to himself. He pulled himself together and let out a deep breathe. As he watched the dark elf scrmabled through his bag pulling out all sort of concoctions and contraptions and using them on the bandits. The assaulters were having none of it thought and drew ever closer.

Ignoring the queasy feeling in his stomach Freyr raised his bow and drew the string back taught. He took one last look over his shoulder at Elsa who had done the same. She looked back at him and gave him a slight nod before they both released their arrows at the same time , striking two of the bandits and knocking them to the ground

Gentleman Adventurer

A True Gentleman
    As Relyn ran into battle, he saw arrows strike two of the bandits attacking him. One of them died from his wounds, and the other was pinned down. Dodging the third man's warhammer, Relyn pulled out a scroll and quickly recited it. A small whirlwind formed around the Elf's body, sending the other man flying backwards.

The bandit desperately fumbled around in the dirt, looking for his weapon. Relyn slowly advanced on him, his whirlwind cloak now dispersed. "Please! Don't do this!" The man's voice cracked as he pleaded for his life. Relyn's fingertips sparked. "Would you look at that," He said, menacingly. "It seems I can cast spells again." The bandit let out a horrified scream as the Dunmer launched a bolt of lightning into his face. When Relyn turned around, there was nothing left but a smoking pile of ash.

As Relyn walked back towards his allies, he calmly pulled out his sword and slit the throat of the man still lying on the ground. "I hate bandits," He announced to the group. "So uncivilized."

Gentleman Adventurer

A True Gentleman
    Relyn only blinked at Farthlion's words. "So? Farth, my friend, you seem quite nice but I hate to inform you that not everything can be solved with words." He wiped the blood off his sword. "Killing is the only option sometimes. Besides, they would have killed us all had we not fought back."

Envii

Relyn coolly responded to Farth and it was clear that killing was normal to him. Freyr merely stared at the corpse that he had shot and blinked back a tear from his green eye. He did tell the others , but it was his first time killing another man. he was a hunter, but he had never ended a life! When he was on his own it was easy to avoid bandits and guards . But just now...he had needed to kill...right? He was helping his Relyn, and he would have died without him! Somehow..it did not feel like the right thing...Freyr did not make eye contact with the bard...he felt ashamed somehow by his innocent gaze

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Walking over to join the others Elsa was amazed by their abilities. Relyn's magic was incomparable to anything she had seen before, and Tacitus had completely amazed her. She thought to her own skills in close combat and wondered if she would be able to ask the others for advice.

Poor Farth however had clearly never witnessed a kill before and her heart went out to the bard, who was clearly in over his head. Even Freyr seemed unusually quiet. She wondered if today had been his first kill.

"Killing is the only option sometimes. Besides, they would have killed us all had we not fought back."

"He's right you know. Sometimes it comes down to kill or be killed. Simple as that." Elsa thought back to her first time taking another's life. It had been terrifying to see the light go out of the man's eyes, but she'd known that if she hadn't acted herself, she would have died that day. Resting a reassuring hand on Farth's shoulder Elsa looked for the right words. "I'm sorry you had to see all that big guy, you going to be okay?" The latter part of her sentence was aimed at both Farth and Freyr as she looked up, not missing the way the hunter seemed to curl in on himself out of shame.

Unable to ignore the slowly setting sun Elsa spoke up. "I think we should get inside now. It's getting dark fast and we don't want to lose our way now."

Envii

Elsa's words washed over Freyr as he stood silently next to the gigantic bard. His head bowed, the cold began to seep through his clothes and into his skin but he still did not move. Finally his feet stirred into motion and he walked towards the bandit whose body still contained one of his arrows. Freyr kneeled beside the man and took in his features. His scruffy unkempt face, the scar running across his face.

The man had a story, everyone did. He had to have grown up somewhere, loved someone. He had a story..."And I ended it tonight." thought Freyr mournfully. "May Hiricine welcome you to his hunting grounds." said freyr quietly. Bandits did not belong in Sovngard, and thus did not receive Freyr's traditionally Nordic death rights. but he still deserved something. Hiricine would watch over him and run with him for eternity.

He remained kneeling on the ground even as the rest o the party moved towards the outpost

Farthlion

"So? Farth, my friend, you seem quite nice but I hate to inform you that not everything can be solved with words."

The bard frowned and nodded, "I suppose I thought myself ready for death. After all, it is a common theme in stories. I was prepared for the idea, not the actual action of killing someone."

Elsa placed a hand on his shoulder, "He's right you know. Sometimes it comes down to kill or be killed. Simple as that." He hadn't really thought it through to be honest. Every time he had previously let his mind wander to an occurrence where someone's life would be taken he had stopped at the moment of death. He went back and attempted to lay out a scenario where the man could be stopped from his actions by a simple conversation. The Redguard had not thought further than to wonder what would happen if the attacker would not be stopped with words. As a bard, words were more powerful than any sword could be, but out here he needed to think more like a warrior - out here, actions spoke much more loudly than words.

"I'm sorry you had to see all that big guy, you going to be okay?"

"I shall be fine. If I wish to continue on this journey, I will need to further accept taking a life. Relyn is right - perhaps in Solitude's Bards College the quill is mightier than a blade, but out here blades do the talking."

As he paused in his moment of thought he noticed the troubled leader. It seems we are not all warriors as once thought, Farth realized, understanding that the man was going through a similar internal struggle as he.

"I think we should get inside now. It's getting dark fast and we don't want to lose our way now," the Nordic woman spoke, her voice softly breaking through his thoughts.

"Do you need any help setting up camp? Otherwise, I would be glad to take the first watch. You will definitely hear my shouts if any more trouble finds us." His reason for volunteering was not as it had been before. He needed some time to sit and write some songs, perhaps even read a few aloud. They would help settle his nerves and let him rest later in the night. There was no way right now that he would be able to sleep with so many thoughts pulsing through his mind - there was a need to help them settle by writing them on a blank page.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    "Do you need any help setting up camp? Otherwise, I would be glad to take the first watch. You will definitely hear my shouts if any more trouble finds us."

Heading towards the tower Elsa rubbed her neck as she thought. Farth looked like he needed some time to understand what he'd just witnessed and she would be more than happy to let him do just that. "You know I think it's okay. Why don't you stand watch. Let us know if anything comes by. I'll take the shift after yours." Smiling warmly Elsa turned and began to explore the bandit camp. Thankfully they already had a fire going and some supplies left lying around. Placing her pack and bow on the ground Elsa set about moving the bodies away from camp so as not to attract predators. Following that she began to set out her own equipment, quickly setting up a pot to cook over the fire.

Unfurling her bedroll Elsa sighed happily as the others worked around her. "Freyr, how are we doing food? I can cook for everyone if that helps." To be fair Elsa would have enjoyed cooking for a large group. Cooking was like alchemy, a bit of this and a dash of that and you had created something wonderful. Sure a potion of invisibility was a little more impressive that rabbit legs and stew, but the idea was the same. Now that the dragon was passed Elsa felt far more comfortable. Survival was something she was good at, she could prove herself in this kind of scenario.

Envii

"Freyr, how are we doing food? I can cook for everyone if that helps."

Freyr's thoughts were torn from the dead man for a moment and he remember the game that he still carried. He heaved himself slowly to his feet and walked into the camp. Elsa had already done a good job of making the place livable and the corpses of most of the bandits were no where to be found.

Without a word Freyr silently handed his pack to Elsa and then slowly plodded towards the fire. His head was tuned towards the dancing flames and in his hands he held his tiny bone flute that he had cared out of a mammoth tusk. He carried it with him always but played it rarely. But on this night, he raised his lips to the smooth ivory and began to play. The slow clear notes softly faded into the night as he played his wearisome haunting tune. His thoughts and worries of the day infused themselves into the notes and drifted into the night along with them.