The dumbest thing you done in game....

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I thought it would be a good idea to teabag a sleeping Idolaf Battle-Born in his house. Well, it was working out until his mother came walking past the open bedroom door and started shouting that I'm not supposed to be in there. Well I was in my under-garments, so it probably looked a little strange to her, and I couldn't tarnish my reputation with this act of homo-erotisism. So, I proceeded to take her head off with my greatsword, and plunge it through Idolaf's chest when he tried to avenge her.

Everything was just fine until I realized that damned immortal kid was in the house watching! Well, so much for killing all the witnesses. And now, I am known as a rapist who likes big strong men with even bigger, stronger beards. Awesome. :rolleyes:

Adam Warlock

In my early game , I was killed so many times that I was a nervous wreck . One morning I was wandering the Rift and was attacked by Frostbite Spiders and a Giant in quick succession. I started shooting at everything that moved . This resulted in one of my very few murders and I failed The Cursed Tribe quest all because I was too hasty.
Now I will let my follower decide who`s my enemy if I`m not sure about it.

Dovahdream

I haven't got the arcane forger perk yet and I'm ALWAYS forgetting to upgrade weapons I make to the max before enchanting them :sadface:

Oliverjames

Oh, thinking I could kill a giant in a cave for one the bounty missions. I already killed several with my Breton necromancer by standing on the rocks. But, in the cave...no such rocks. Instead of knocking me into next week, he splattered me. Anybody know of a way for a Mage can take the giant in the cave?
I know which you mean. Wander in towards him but don't attack, jump up to on top of the wooden shack to the right so he can't reach you, before unleashing long ranged hell

Getting 100 Smithing then realising Dragonplate Helmet looks stupid :sadface:

Dovahdream

This isn't so much something stupid that I did but I was in the middle of combat with a dragon this morning when one of those ' roadside bandit robber cutscenes ' kicked in, the daft tw*t was trying to rob me while there was a 20 foot fire breathing dragon stood next to him ffs. I felt like yelling " DUDE !! - BIG PICTURE....BIG PICTURE !! "

Neriad13

Premium Member
This isn't so much something stupid that I did but I was in the middle of combat with a dragon this morning when one of those ' roadside bandit robber cutscenes ' kicked in, the daft tw*t was trying to rob me while there was a 20 foot fire breathing dragon stood next to him ffs. I felt like yelling " DUDE !! - BIG PICTURE....BIG PICTURE !! "

There was this dragon who had followed me from the exit of Bleak Falls Barrow all the way to Riverwood. Trying to lose him, I had dove into a river, been washed down several waterfalls and was now trying to see if he would go away if I could duck into a building. I was a level five mage and had only ever killed one dragon before at this point. I was pretty sure that I couldn't take this one on, especially as I'd just downloaded the "Darker Nights" mod and Riverwood was pitch black. And then, as I crawl out of the river and go racing for the inn, this fire-breathing monstrosity hot on my heels...a courier pops out and stops me. I'm like "RAAAAAAAAARGH MOVE IT NOW!"

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
Most of these are of course first playthrough, which was a rental in which IIRC I played the main quest up to completing "Horn of Jurgen Windcaller" and learning the Dah of Fus Ro Dah, the Stormcloaks quest through liberating Falkreath Hold, and the Thieves' Guild quest through "Taking Care of Business".

1. Melee-attacking a giant at level 5-ish.

2. Melee-attacking the frost troll on the way up the Seven Trillion Steps. (First playthrough I managed to do it via standing on a ledge where it thought it could attack me, but couldn't, and then... it used to be a giant, but then it took a barrage of arrows and flames to the head. Second playthrough I just physics-broke my way around the cliff.)

3. Trying to hurry the trip to Ivarstead by deliberately getting caught trespassing/stealing at Sarethi Farm, thinking there would be a jail in Ivarstead and not yet understanding the concept of "holds." I got sent to Riften instead, which incidentally bypassed the whole "visitor's tax" and Maul conversations (since on all subsequent visits I fast-traveled there and away). I didn't even know there were all these scripted things that were supposed to happen upon your first entry to Riften until my second playthrough.

4. Not realizing there was a secret exit from the Ragged Flagon to Riften proper, and thus going through the Ratway and back every time my quest objective was "Talk to Brynjolf."

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

While I was sneaking through some ruins, I turned around and saw someone standing in the shadows with me with glowing eyes. I screamed bloody murder (in real life) and killed the idiot... turns out it was Lydia... who was following me like I told her to...................

Oliverjames

I was doing the quick sneak skill upgrade of sneak attacking the greybeards to great success with bare hands. Forgetting my left hand had fire magic attached to it. Turns out they dont take lightly to magic, turned on me, shouted me into ice form then proceeded to murder me slowly.

Today I was exploring Dead Man's Respite for that bard's college quest, and I was about halfway in, and it was silent. I had killed everything and Marcurio wasn't talking. I looked to a doorway but looked away to check for loot. When I looked back there was a Draugr Deathlord standing right on top of me, silhouetted by torchlight. I literally screamed. I killed it easy, but I'm getting nightmares from that. :O

Dovahdream

I try not to do dumb things in the game but I am constantly surrounded by ' special ' npc's who insist on making my life a misery ! - Gotta love my little npc trap trigger-ers

Neriad13

Premium Member
I was fighting this ungodly ornery Blood Dragon and having a huge amount of difficulty with its firebreath. I had no type of fire or magic resistance and every time it breathed on me, it took three quarters of my health. I must've chugged two dozen healing potions just to stay alive throughout the battle. At long last, I finally killed it, took its soul and headed on my way. I made a stop in Whiterun to sell a load of junk I'd just picked up in a dungeon. As I was going through my inventory and picking out things to sell, I noticed that I had had a potion of resist fire the entire time. Just sitting there in my inventory, in plain sight next to the healing potions. -.-

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
Trying to take a giant on when I was a really low level (first character build, before I knew better). I'd just killed Mirmulnir and thought it would be easy...doh!

Neriad13 - I can't tell you how many times I've done plops like that. I'd have a potion of resist frost but would forget to use it against a Frost Dragon, or I'd have a necklace of shock suppression but die at the hands of a lightning-weilding mage. It's just hard to remember what you've got it your inventory sometimes, especially when you get to higher levels where you can carry around a lot of stuff.

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
Also, I've killed non-violent NPCs by accident. One was a mage girl (can't remember her name) who was in a witch-infested tower (the one where you are supposed to help her stop her mom from becoming a Hagraven). I shot her down with arrows and didn't find out until afterward that she was a friendly quest-giver. Have also killed several hunters with arrows, thinking they were bandits.

stagnant94

doing the college of winterhold straightaway and ending up in labyrinthian at level nine wondering what the fluff you were supposed to do against a dragon priest

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
doing the college of winterhold straightaway and ending up in labyrinthian at level nine wondering what the fu** you were supposed to do against a dragon priest

First time against dragon priest is not so fun, especially if you are low-level. You die over and over...

stagnant94

Lol, i was lvl 6 and only had flames :p
were you like me and ended up having to just leave the damn place?

i mean i cruised through the story, it was all yeah, no worries, ill get you your staff back, wait, oh those tossers.