• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

The Fatalist

Destroyer of goats
I mainly have this problem in early game, but sometime I don't realise im in the "buy" part of the store. I think I'm selling a banded iron armour, but I'm actually buying one for 400% of the price.

I also have issues with cliffs. Because I have the cushioned perk, I have to try and calculate how far I can fall. I tend to over-estimate.

Killing myself with blizzard or lighting myself on fire by accident is also brilliant.

Golgo_SPB

another gripe I have is why is like every strongbox I find in a dungeon or not in a shop empty? I wanted some cool loot!

rvk5150

+1 to the forgetting to save comment.

Also; I have a habit of taking on several quests in one sitting but forgetting to unload in-between; the worst is when you are carrying too much and trying to make a decision on what to drop while not being able to walk faster than a 100 year old.

Train

Is that all you got?!
I love killing children on the PC, their screams are delightful

C'mon, Sky, don't be like that, not cool bro. I actually side with Bethsoft on the killable children thing, I have a problem with it even if it's just a game; it's too sick for me. Being in the military you should know how not cool it is to kill children. I know you're teasin' and stuff, so I'm not pissed, just wanted to make sure it was clear that I'm not laughing either. :cowboy:

SGT_Sky

Silence, My Brother
C'mon, Sky, don't be like that, not cool bro. I actually side with Bethsoft on the killable children thing, I have a problem with it even if it's just a game; it's too sick for me. Being in the military you should know how not cool it is to kill children. I know you're teasin' and stuff, so I'm not pissed, just wanted to make sure it was clear that I'm not laughing either. :cowboy:

damn, I honestly don't even remember posting that..Sunday isn't a duty day for me. Anyways, sorry guys.

but I think they should disable them being witnesses and stuff

Ironclad

Talking about locked chests in dungeons - I encounter a Master locked chest, I am a lousy pick, it's made of wood, I have a 35lb thunder-axe. Do you see where i'm going with this? :D

Train

Is that all you got?!
damn, I honestly don't even remember posting that..Sunday isn't a duty day for me. Anyways, sorry guys.

It was a bit...intense, but we're straight. I could see myself telling my 11yo nephew in teasing that I would "shout him apart", but couldn't imagine saying I would "kill" him under any circumstances. There's just a line, ya' know, it's the same thing, it's just one's a lot more real.

Speaking of locks, Ironclad, what about the one's that require a key? if it's possible to make an unpickable lock, why wouldn't all of them be that way? o_O

SGT_Sky

Silence, My Brother
i hate how I cant find keys for some of the unpickable locks that i have found

ZeroDragon

Bring me my broadsword, and clear understanding.
The way Jordis waits for me at the bottom of the mountain as if she knows I can't get that way. She could say something before I waste my time.

And the way she jumps in front of me just as I'm attacking someone and complains when she gets hit.

And last for now, the way she gets really miffed and attacks me when I try one of J'zargo's scrolls and she gets a bit toasted.

How I spend hours trying to open a gate by messing with the puzzle columns then pulling a lever, only to get hit by poison darts every time.

Marcurio just stares at me blankly while I keep pulling the wrong lever, instead of saying "Hey, you know, that lever just shoots darts. Try pulling the one right next to the door that you apparently missed."

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
The only kid in the game that actually pisses me off is that one in Bits and Pieces: "I thought adventurers were supposed to look tough" he says...do you see this war paint? Do you see the scars? How about the size of these muscles? Shall I show you my sword? It has the blood of a thousand heads I've lopped off! If that isn't "tough" enough for you, I'm the fu**ing Dovahkiin! You wanna' end up like High King Torygg? I will shout you to pieces, you little brat! :D

I'd be like "Say that to me again after you start growing stubble, boy, because I'm pretty sure that's what makes you an adult by Nord standards. Then I'll show you just how tough I am."

saving my gold, leveling up my smithing, then I am ready to make the "better armor". I spend the gold to buy the supplies to make said armor and I wear it with pride. First cave I go into, what do you know, a full set of whatever I just made. :confused:

Get your smithing up to Daedric and never have that problem again. Additionally, if your enchanting is up to 100, you get the dual enchantment perk. You won't find dual enchanted armor in any chests...not as good as you can make it. Collect Daedric hearts while you build up so you have a ton of them when you can make Daedric armor. Remember that one of the heavy armor perks is 'heavy armor weighs nothing and doesn't slow you down.'

Ah yes, Lydia. I love her but she love to get in your way and attack even if you tell her to wait there. She loves to talk, cough and yawn when you want to be as silent as can be. She's still my favorite woman.

When I turn off auto-saves because it makes my PS3 lag sometimes. Then I get killed. Then I realize I haven't saved once since I started playing... and I've been playing for 4 hours.

:mad:

leee242

saving my gold, leveling up my smithing, then I am ready to make the "better armor". I spend the gold to buy the supplies to make said armor and I wear it with pride. First cave I go into, what do you know, a full set of whatever I just made. :confused:

This.
And the point about dragons hitting towns and killing a NPC you need. There really should be some sort of in-game alert when this happens.

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
When spellcasters apparently become Usain Bolt and can sprint backwards while hitting me with unerringly accurate spells. But when MY spellcaster backs up while casting, he may as well have a warning beep because he moves about as fast as a delivery truck.
TOTALLY THAT. :mad:

That is Bethesda fluffing with us, pure and simple. And is why I overpowered my character using a couple of mods, i got sick of that.

It is possible to deal with them if you use Ice Form, but if you miss you don't get a second chance....

The better solution would be to try get hold of Spellbreaker as soon as possible, but I don't know how possible that is for low level players, who suffer the most from this.

I'm going to stop reading threads like these now, i have raged enough over some of the problems that seriouly undermine this masterpiece . Apart from the bugs there are some really stubbornly asinine design decisions on the part of the developers. They very cleary rushed this and didn't actually test out their ideas properly.

Once you’ve started investing serious amounts of time in the game these things at some point stop being funny.

Chryss

Get your smithing up to Daedric and never have that problem again. Additionally, if your enchanting is up to 100, you get the dual enchantment perk. You won't find dual enchanted armor in any chests...not as good as you can make it. Collect Daedric hearts while you build up so you have a ton of them when you can make Daedric armor. Remember that one of the heavy armor perks is 'heavy armor weighs nothing and doesn't slow you down.'

Getting close, almost to ebony and enchanting is up there also. Love love love the dual enchanting on armor but not so much on weapons. I find i have to recharge more and in the heat of a battle, when your sword just died its not realistic to me to stop everything to recharge. All in all, daedric is what I am striving for, love the power and the look of it.

Necromis

I have actually taken to reloading whenever I get a dragon encounter while inside a town, for this reason specifically.

Another thing that really pisses me off is when the shopkeepers can somehow still follow me around when I have illusion and sneak both maxed out, am invisible, crouching and wearing no armor so I am lighter. Yet they still f***ing follow me, and it's only the women that can see me (apparently they can see me)

It's your cologne. U have the *axe* effect going on. LOL

SGT_Sky

Silence, My Brother