• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

wakka

damn nature you scary
since playing skyrim i have formed some sort of ocd with saving lol, if i have to walk to a new place i save 10+ times. after every kill too :S think it started after i 1st got the game, played for a few hrs then the game crashed and lost all of it!! NEVER AGAIN

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
Two words: Apothecary inventories.

What do you mean you don't have any healing potions in stock? I know it's been more than 48 hours since I was last here. What good is - no, I don't need any Potions of Pickpocketing; I don't care that you have six of them. Why are those even for sale in reputable business establishments?

lumpysolo

Your Local Bartender
I remember before I got all my perks in pickpocketing, I got REALLY pissed when I got overincumbered! All the stuff I have is too valuable to drop and I'm in the middle of slaying some dragon priests. And I can't even fast travel. It just really sucks.

enfiniti

I just prefer to run with 2 save files. A before i do something stupid and an after I succeed at my stupidity. I didn't turn them off for performance issues, just for the sake of keeping my save files a little more orderly. I'm working with three characters now and have a total of 6 saves, two for each.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
So I started a new game the other day, and I think I'm cursed.

First, my innocent little Redguard is at level two and heading to Whiterun for the first time. Halfway there, a Dark Brotherhood assassin jumps out onto the road and attacks me. I manage to kill him, and find the typical contract letter on his body. I've been in Skyrim for less than TWELVE HOURS and there's already a hit out on me. WHAT.

Then yesterday, at level five, I join the Companions, and receive my first quest. Instead of some simple bandits, though, I get a FALMER DEN. Thinking they wouldn't be as tough as Falmer are at later levels, I went on into Shimmermist Cave and proceeded to get the absolute crap beaten out of me. I have never lowered the game difficulty to get through a battle before, but, since my main goal for this character is to complete the Companions questline, and I didn't want to wait another fifteen levels to proceed, I put it all the way down to Novice. And it still took three attempts to kill the Falmer Gloomlurker and Dwarven Centurion at the end of the dungeon. HOW DID I GET THIS QUEST AT LEVEL FIVE!

Zoa Two Tails

Cloak and Dagger Artist

First, my innocent little Redguard is at level two and heading to Whiterun for the first time. Halfway there, a Dark Brotherhood assassin jumps out onto the road and attacks me. I manage to kill him, and find the typical contract letter on his body. I've been in Skyrim for less than TWELVE HOURS and there's already a hit out on me. WHAT.

Then yesterday, at level five, I join the Companions, and receive my first quest. Instead of some simple bandits, though, I get a FALMER DEN. Thinking they wouldn't be as tough as Falmer are at later levels, I went on into Shimmermist Cave and proceeded to get the absolute crap beaten out of me. I have never lowered the game difficulty to get through a battle before, but, since my main goal for this character is to complete the Companions questline, and I didn't want to wait another fifteen levels to proceed, I put it all the way down to Novice. And it still took three attempts to kill the Falmer Gloomlurker and Dwarven Centurion at the end of the dungeon. HOW DID I GET THIS QUEST AT LEVEL FIVE!
Bethesda thought you were a stud horse gamer who can take anything on. Apparently not though... Also aela always gives quests where you have to kill one animal and then your done with that and get paid. I always go to her for work.

Morgan

I stumbled into a falmer den at a low level once. The one just outside Winterhold, on a mage character that I was playing as a member of the college from the very beginning. I figured the same as you, "Oh, they'll be leveled. I'll give it a shot." Wow, they weren't leveled, or if they were, their minimum level is pretty high. Luckily for me it wasn't a quest, so I was able to apply the better part of valor.

On a related note, the Companions as a whole just irk me at a fundamental level. They go on about honor and tradition. But every other word from them is about how much gold they can make. Farkas: "I don't know what the argument is about, and that's none of our business anyway." Sorry, but if you're beating up old women for a few gold and you don't even care about the reason, you are not an honorable warrior, you are a low-life thug. Aela, Skjor, and Vilkas all have dialogues as well that indicate they clearly value money above honor (one of them literally says "You've brought honor to the Companions, and more importantly, gold."). When I first did this questline, I thought one of the objects was to restore them to their former glory, but in the end, you still have the same old money-grubbing thug quests. If you want money and don't care how it comes, be honest about it. The bandits at least don't pretend like they're something more than they are.

bulbaquil

I still don't get exactly what triggers them. The only possible explanation I can think of is that whichever of Faendal or Sven you didn't side with put out the contract?

Okay, that's a bit ridiculous. I've always gotten a simple "we've got trouble right here in Whiterun Hold" from Farkas as the first Companions quest. But I think, somehow, Skyrim knows what annoys you and in some of the Companions quests goes out of its way to torment you with it.

Me, aloud: "Trouble in the Rift, eh? How much you want to bet it's in freaking Faldar's Tooth?"
Quest objective shows up on screen: "Defeat the Silver Hand Leader in Faldar's Tooth"
Me, alout: "It's in freaking Faldar's Tooth."

Much rather Faldar's Tooth than Falmer though.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
I still don't get exactly what triggers them. The only possible explanation I can think of is that whichever of Faendal or Sven you didn't side with put out the contract?

Nope, I never do that quest anymore because I hate that there's no third option to tell Camilla that both of them are manipulative weasels, haha. At that point, I'd pretty much only spoken to Ralof, Gerdur, Alvor, and Lucan. Didn't steal anything, attack anyone, nothing. As far as I can tell, there was no trigger for the assassin, it just happened randomly.

juliemd

When my follower decides to get in front of me right when i'm letting an arrow fly, and gets killed. only to realize i haven't saved in a while so I either have to leave the area or restart from a way back when save. :confused:

bulbaquil

Dragon attack timing.

Situation: Just gave gear to Malborn to go to Thalmor Embassy. Am level 19. Blood Dragon attacks Katla's farm. Primary weapon: with Malborn. Secondary weapon: with Malborn. Must use tertiary weapon, which fortunately is a type I have perk points in. Obviously no Dragonrend yet. Shield: with Malborn. Primary set of armor: with Malborn. Secondary set of armor: with Malborn. Am forced to fight in a Scaled Horn Armor (gift from Ulfric after Snowhawk) as a heavy-armor user, regular boots, no gauntlets, no helmet. Healing potions: with Malborn.

Needless to say I spent much of the battle casting the healing spell on myself while waiting for Delphine and the Haafingar guards to take down the dragon.

Morgan

I'm pretty sure the DB assassin is just an entry on the encounter table. Nothing triggers it more complicated than running through a random encounter marker. You were just as likely to get M'aiq the Liar, or a bunch of revelers, etc.

Dragon attack timing.

Holy crap, the EXACT same thing happened to me, except I had given every single piece of gear to Malborn (I figured that would enable me to return to Riverwood on my own time, instead of reporting back right away). I basically hid in a shed until the dragon killed a guard, then I looted the guard and joined in. That whole episode sucked though. Lesson learned about gear.

Unklbob

Post in-game stuff that really piss you off...

Keep in mind:
-I love this game, I just wanna try and start a funny thread.
-Don't start nagging about bugs... Just game world stuff/situations/experiences

Ok, let's get started...

- Spending 20 glass arrows on a moving target and hitting nothing but rocks....... $#$%^&*

- Trying to smith stuff in Whiterun and Adrienne (standing next to you) can't keep her mouth shout; "Have you met my father? He's the stuart..." blah blah blah "I don't claim to be the best blacksmith in Whiterun..." blah blah blah... SPAAAAM....... #@%^*(&^$

- Thinking you'll get faster to that place marked on your map by climbing the mountain in your way... Guess what, you can't, you lost 10 minutes of your life and still have to go around it........ $#%#$%^%&*&

- Having a good 80% chance to pickpocket that blasted ring of minor wielding but fail ten times in a row.......... #@*%&(@%

First of all, I am new, so hi everyone. I've played this game since Christmas of this year and I've played a Wood Elf sneaker/assassin/thief, a Khajit dagger assasin, an Orc warhammer heroic type, and now I am working on rehabilitating an Imperial my son started. He's a Mage, with focus on Destruction.

I've completed around 75% of the quests using all four characters and now I am just adventuring--crisscrossing uncharted territories and killing everything with little focus on quests except where they are irresistable or provide a particularly tasty reward. I have crafted a bit, mostly smithing, mostly leather from the pelts I have harvested, but I have amassed a ton of ingredients and every so often I make potions. I own Breezehome and am married to the girl from Riverwood Traders--it's a marriage of convenience--she conveniently gives me 100 septims for every day I am gone.

Enough of the OT rambling, here are my beefs:

1. Dislike having to go through multiple doors (and multiple loads) to get to routine places like the Thieves Guild. Plus I can't fast travel from inside anywhere, so I have to endure the other multiple loads to get outside.
2. SPOILER I discovered Illia in my travels--and she is the bitchenist merc I have so far employed, particularly since I outfitted her with some decent extra majicka/majicka regen gear and some badass staffs which she apparently dual wields (or at least does a quick switch with) but the problem is she is so effective at killing that sometimes I get no Destruction exp when we enter a battle. Its excellent for questing and crowd control, but not so much for levelling. Plus, she's a little trigger happy and I often get caught in friendly fire.
3. Sadly, the hottest NPCs are unavailable for matrimony--that bodacious little gal in Markarth with the (ahem) tremendous assets would make a fine adornment at any of my properties, but alas.
4. When I become the leader of a particular group, I expect a lot more butt smooching and groveling from my underlings, but no. Mr/Ms Surly is still as surly as hell. And I just saved the empire, or engineered a rebel takeover and the guards are still hassling me about a lost pastry. And if I so much as backhand one of them to get them in line, all his buddies jump me like I was a common street thug.

Phate

you can't see me!
wolves/spiders/bears attacking me while im fighting a dragon

yep

and.. "would ya goddamned MOVE already!" is what i shout at the screen when i go into a room with nothing worthwhile in it, then turn around and guess who is just standing in the doorway that i am trying to leave..

When no merchant or blacksmith sells Daedra armor, and you can't make it cause you're LEVEL 64 IN SMITHING!

Docta Corvina

When you bring your favorite Thieves Guild men (like, 5 of them lol) with you on some jobs...and you don't save because things are going really well and smoothly and so you're like 5 jobs in. And then, suddenly, Stable Mable (read: Mercer) decides to literally take people's heads off because he's bored (which Brynjolf laughs at, I kid you not) and then you fail the job and Vex gets pissy even though YOU didn't do it, had no part in it, didn't authorize it, and since you didn't save in a while, you've lost progress on the previous jobs. And THREE WERE REACH JOBS! :mad:

I guess that teaches me about taking my Guild harem with me on jobs, but damn, it's fun 99.9% of the time! :p

bulbaquil

Why didn't you just ignore it and run to the Embassy, or was the doorman guard too busy hiding under a cart to take your ticket?

No, this was after Malborn but before the carriage, outside Solitude. Delphine (obviously) entered battle mode to fight the dragon, and wouldn't talk to me to advance the quest until after it was killed.

I theoretically could have gone back into Solitude, but I've had random dragon encounters refuse to de-spawn even when I enter a nearby indoor area and wait for 24 hours. Granted, Skyrim to Solitude is outdoor area to outdoor area, but it probably wouldn't work.

(Although, now that I think about it, I technically would have been able to go buy another weapon/armor from Beirand, as I don't typically take my money into the embassy.)

Phate

you can't see me!
I guess that teaches me about taking my Guild harem with me on jobs, but damn, it's fun 99.9% of the time! :p

is that mod, or just the way the story goes?..
i work solo, especially when it's an important job, as you have described...

bananban

When my Dead Thrall has levelled beyond the point of being reanimated again. I'm looking at you, Ancano! You were the best Thrall ever because you still made those snarky comments when you followed me around and THEN you decided to be level 41 and get eaten by an Elder Dragon. What is this? Now I have to find someone new...

Also, power leveling for Smithing is gone as of patch 1.5! Arg, I loved making hundreds of leather bracers and iron daggers! I'm struggling to get my new character to get to Ebony Smithing on jewelry alone... I want that full set of Daedric armor now! :mad:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts