Skyrim On Consoles Sucks...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
My laptops from 2006 can run Skyrim. If you can't manage to get it to run on a "rich people" budget, you have a problem with your knowledge of PCs and graphics cards.
Like i said one of my friends can't even run it and his pc is top of the line, as for me when i've tried playing the pc version *I do have it btw* its like trying to control a stop motion movie, only reason i still have the game is cuz i'm hoping one day i'll get ahead enough to purchase whats needed for it to play correctly.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Like i said one of my friends can't even run it and his pc is top of the line, as for me when i've tried playing the pc version *I do have it btw* its like trying to control a stop motion movie, only reason i still have the game is cuz i'm hoping one day i'll get ahead enough to purchase whats needed for it to play correctly.

Well, if his PC is "top of the line" and won't run Skyrim, he got ripped off. There's absolutely no reason for that to be true, unless you're talking like, a top of the line ENIAC from 1950. "Top of the Line" doesn't mean what your friend thinks it means or someone lied to him when they sold him his machine.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
Here is a bit of advice - Adjust your Prefs lower your game settings down to low and replace those lost settings with high intensity graphic mods to make it look like your game is running on extreme ultra while still playing on low

tx12001

with a hardrive with say 500 Gig using up over 100 gig will slow you computer by 30% so even if you got a 1000 Gig Hardrive using up 100 gig would still slow your computer way down

jarif

I love Skyrim on my Xbox! My friend has it on the computer and I was playing one day, and memories of playing Morrowind on the computer came back, and... I remembered how much I hated using a keyboard! I love the Xbox controls so much more! But I do know the value of mods, and I never want to play computer-Skyrim with mods because it won't feel the same on Xbox. I do know about Xbox controllers for computer, but, come on, ain't nobody got money for that! Well, I don't at least haha

I know what you mean, but after a while you get use to the keyboard no matter how much you hate it

jarif

You can still get away with a decent gaming computer for 300 - 400 if you build it online.

Catwoman

Notorious Cat Burglar
I don't think mods ruin the game at all. It's just all in good fun and if you dislike the mod you can always uninstall it again. I respect peoples opinion when they believe that it ruins the game but for players like me who are stuck on the console, I'd love to be able to use mods. I believe that there are some truly ridiculous mods out there which ruins the game completely (ie. Women with double F breasts) but they aren't forcing you to install them. People who give examples of silly mods and state that they ruin the game are in my opinion wrong, because nobody is forcing you to install them. Just use the major immersion mods that enhance your RP experience. But if you're going to use Skyrim for perverted reasons then you shouldn't be playing it in the first place.

Sorry, I only read up to page two and I wanted to have my say on mods. But anyway, no I think consoles are great for Skyrim. It doesn't give you the temptation to muck it up with silly mods and other things like that. Sure, I'd love more RP opportunities but you just have to make do with what you have. I'm saving up for a laptop so I can play Skyrim on it soon, and I can't wait. But in the meantime, I'll have to play the console which is fine with me. Skyrim is a great game whether it be on console or PC.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation

Well, if his PC is "top of the line" and won't run Skyrim, he got ripped off. There's absolutely no reason for that to be true, unless you're talking like, a top of the line ENIAC from 1950. "Top of the Line" doesn't mean what your friend thinks it means or someone lied to him when they sold him his machine.
Just telling u the truth, not expecting u pc elitists to agree, believe what u want.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
This isn't a matter of elitism. This is a matter of knowing what you're actually talking about. I am telling you that my laptops from 2006 can run Skyrim. This is a fact. This is because they have actual video cards and not embedded graphics chips. My laptops are all "below specs" to run the game, yet, magically, a bit of knowledge, patience, persistence and research solved any issues that arose. If you know anything at all about PCs, their hardware and how games are written to take advantage of it, then perhaps you could have a reasoned discussion about why games run on some things and not others. Until then, your best bets would be to a) educate yourself or b) bow out gracefully so you are not embarrassed by the lack of substance in your arguments.

The PC market is well in the hand of any consumer willing to do the research. I have gotten the impression that you are well and self satisfied with your mantra of "PC are for rich people". You have every right to remain in your blissfully ignorant worldview. We have helped hundreds of people here to get their computers and Skyrim on friendly terms. We can not solve the problem of a consumer being duped by a big box company into thinking they got a great "gaming machine" when they were sold a load of feces. I have cast off crap laying in my garage that could run Skyrim.

In the end, the continual spouting of "rich PC fanboys" is repetitive, insulting, based on fallacy and simply moronic blather.

This thread was originally about how console gamers could enjoy the game, asked by someone who had the experience of mods on a PC after having played the game on a console. I think that the console gamers have offered a resoundingly positive answer to this. The game is enjoyable on the console. PC users also enjoy the game and have the added opportunity of mods and the creation kit. In the end, it seems that most everyone here has gotten what they expected out of the product. To that end, it would be a positive endorsement for the game Bethesda produced.

tx12001

Yep it can play anything but then I have to soul trap someone and refill another soul gem to power it up

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
This isn't a matter of elitism. This is a matter of knowing what you're actually talking about. I am telling you that my laptops from 2006 can run Skyrim. This is a fact. This is because they have actual video cards and not embedded graphics chips. My laptops are all "below specs" to run the game, yet, magically, a bit of knowledge, patience, persistence and research solved any issues that arose. If you know anything at all about PCs, their hardware and how games are written to take advantage of it, then perhaps you could have a reasoned discussion about why games run on some things and not others. Until then, your best bets would be to a) educate yourself or b) bow out gracefully so you are not embarrassed by the lack of substance in your arguments.

The PC market is well in the hand of any consumer willing to do the research. I have gotten the impression that you are well and self satisfied with your mantra of "PC are for rich people". You have every right to remain in your blissfully ignorant worldview. We have helped hundreds of people here to get their computers and Skyrim on friendly terms. We can not solve the problem of a consumer being duped by a big box company into thinking they got a great "gaming machine" when they were sold a load of feces. I have cast off crap laying in my garage that could run Skyrim.

In the end, the continual spouting of "rich PC fanboys" is repetitive, insulting, based on fallacy and simply moronic blather.

This thread was originally about how console gamers could enjoy the game, asked by someone who had the experience of mods on a PC after having played the game on a console. I think that the console gamers have offered a resoundingly positive answer to this. The game is enjoyable on the console. PC users also enjoy the game and have the added opportunity of mods and the creation kit. In the end, it seems that most everyone here has gotten what they expected out of the product. To that end, it would be a positive endorsement for the game Bethesda produced.
Tell ya what, give me the minimum requirements of what a pc or laptop needs to run the game properly, i'll google the prices on those computers and we'll see who's right? -_-

Sean

lost somewhere

Tell ya what, give me the minimum requirements of what a pc or laptop needs to run the game properly, i'll google the prices on those computers and we'll see who's right? -_-

Minimum.

Recommended.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I'm waiting for the fully spec'd out Alienware M18 to prove us 'rich people' wrong ;)

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation

Minimum.

Recommended.
Wow. Only things i'm lacking is a better driver and video card. Any idea on how much these two things would cost and how i could get them installed on my laptop?

tx12001

You could just look outside for a computer, the things people throwout these days is beyond me
at one time we only so many computer parts we could have built up 10 full computers

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
You could just look outside for a computer, the things people throwout these days.
Dude stfu, only reason your getting away with all this trash talk is cuz one of your pc fanboy buddies on here happens to be a mod so stop being a dick. I'm trying to ask an honest question here.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Wow. Only things i'm lacking is a better driver and video card. Any idea on how much these two things would cost and how i could get them installed on my laptop?

You'd need to tell us the kind of laptop you have and the model number. Laptop graphic cards can be a bit finicky because of the limits of space available. Not all laptops have space to put a card. Most of the big box crap ones won't, for example.

But if you post your specs, we can tell you one way or another. If you can't install the hardware yourself, it will be a matter of finding a friend, or a mom and pop computer repair place near you. If you'd like to share your general location here, you are welcome to do so. Or if you want to PM it to me, I can search your local area for shops.

tx12001

HOW RUDE!! But seroisly I do apologize its just that I find myself iravocablby and Irreveribly BORED!!!! by the way the recommended specs are 4 Gig of ram, with at least a hardrive bigger then 10 gigabites

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation

You'd need to tell us the kind of laptop you have and the model number. Laptop graphic cards can be a bit finicky because of the limits of space available. Not all laptops have space to put a card. Most of the big box crap ones won't, for example.

But if you post your specs, we can tell you one way or another. If you can't install the hardware yourself, it will be a matter of finding a friend, or a mom and pop computer repair place near you. If you'd like to share your general location here, you are welcome to do so. Or if you want to PM it to me, I can search your local area for shops.
Well i just got this laptop last year, my mother bought it for me and i'm not sure of the exact price but i know it wasn't cheap. Any idea how i find the specs info?

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
My laptops from 2006 can run Skyrim. If you can't manage to get it to run on a "rich people" budget, you have a problem with your knowledge of PCs and graphics cards.
Sounds like a processing/graphics card issue w/ the stop motion thing.