Should PC, PS3 users boycott Dawnguard???

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Docta Corvina

Yeah, as I alluded to in my earlier post, it seems more than likely that it's an issue of taking time for a plan of attack with the problems, much more so than a plot to spite the other wings of the player base. One thing that has been fairly consistent since DG was released for Xbox was the plethora of complaints of glitches, bugs and other questline breaking problems. I know that both my sister and I encountered separate issues with the DLC, one of which for my sister being a wholly uncooperative NPC that could have totally killed the quest sequence for the DG, if it hadn't suddenly righted itself in the end.

I know that the not-knowing is frustrating, but it's not anything unheard of in the gaming world. And I believe that in this instance, like others, it's because additional extensive testing and debugging is necessary. We all know that the PS3 has had its problems with Skyrim since the beginning. I'm not excusing it, but merely saying that perhaps the wait will be a good thing in the end. The testimony in the article I linked is perhaps unsettling, but not altogether bleak. At least not yet.

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
Bro, I'm not reading that giant wall of text. I had a PS3 at one point. The PS3 gets a lot of love from it's exclusive developers like Naughty Dog and Santa Monica. Since I sold my PS3, I won't be able to play any of those great exclusives. And the PS3 has gotten 360 only exclusives ported over it. Like Mass Effect and Bioshock, just to name two.

So, the PS3 gets love. Oh boo hoo, you didn't get all the DLC that the 360 did for Oblivion. Honestly, the only DLC you need for Oblivion is Shivering Isles. Is Horse Armor really that bloody important to you? Must be.

And at the end of the day, developers are allowed to do what they want. Whether you like it or not. You aren't entitled to anything.
To be honest I didn't give a s**t about most of the DLC we didn't get for Oblivion. I simple don't want Bethesda to repeat those actions. It comes down to principle. And personally I don't get why people buy a new console and then sell the old one. If I bought an XBox and ended up using it more I would still keep my PS3. Even just for the exclusives. However you got to sit back and think about how you would feel in our position.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
To be honest I didn't give a s**t about most of the DLC we didn't get for Oblivion. I simple don't want Bethesda to repeat those actions. It comes down to principle. And personally I don't get why people buy a new console and then sell the old one. If I bought an XBox and ended up using it more I would still keep my PS3. Even just for the exclusives. However you got to sit back and think about how you would feel in our position.

Some people have to sell their consoles because... you know... they need money. Or for other reasons. And I don't know of too many game companies that survive on principle.

Yeah, as I alluded to in my earlier post, it seems more than likely that it's an issue of taking time for a plan of attack with the problems...

But Docta... this is Bethesda... :D

Squirrel_killer-

Yeah, as I alluded to in my earlier post, it seems more than likely that it's an issue of taking time for a plan of attack with the problems, much more so than a plot to spite the other wings of the player base. One thing that has been fairly consistent since DG was released for Xbox was the plethora of complaints of glitches, bugs and other questline breaking problems. I know that both my sister and I encountered separate issues with the DLC, one of which for my sister being a wholly uncooperative NPC that could have totally killed the quest sequence for the DG, if it hadn't suddenly righted itself in the end.

I know that the not-knowing is frustrating, but it's not anything unheard of in the gaming world. And I believe that in this instance, like others, it's because additional extensive testing and debugging is necessary. We all know that the PS3 has had its problems with Skyrim since the beginning. I'm not excusing it, but merely saying that perhaps the wait will be a good thing in the end. The testimony in the article I linked is perhaps unsettling, but not altogether bleak. At least not yet.
You know one thing we can be happy about? That Bethesda isn't Valve. There's a company that makes good games but leaves you waiting... and waiting... and waiting... for said games to come out after the release date has pasted

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!

I had to sell my PS3 because I am out of work and need money. Believe me, I didn't want to get rid of it. I had both consoles for quite sometime and one just had to go. It was the PS3. And I had the PS3 longer then the 360, so I know exactly what it was like to see the 360 getting everything. I just didn't bitch about it like you are doing.

Docta Corvina

But Docta... this is Bethesda... :D

Mmm, point. :p I am optimistic though. I know that the list of glitches/bugs goes on for miles regarding most of their games, by default. But I like to think that they wouldn't rush to release the DLC for their blockbuster project with all of the current complaints about just the expansion itself still not fully dealt with, you know?

Then again, business is business. I suppose we'll see!

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Mmm, point. :p I am optimistic though. I know that the list of glitches/bugs goes on for miles regarding most of their games, by default. But I like to think that they wouldn't rush to release the DLC for their blockbuster project with all of the current complaints about just the expansion itself still not fully dealt with, you know?

Then again, business is business. I suppose we'll see!

Haha. If Bethesda was a country, it's people would have revolted by now. :)

Medea

The Shadow Queen
And at the end of the day, developers are allowed to do what they want. Whether you like it or not. You aren't entitled to anything.

Isn't that the whole reason for people to boycott if they want? If developers are allowed to do whatever they want and the gaming community isn't entitled to anything, one good way to get what they want is to boycott.

That was never given buy Bethesda. That was just one lone forum post that some idiot made up and there is no citation on where he got that nor have I found anything official.

I posted asking if the dlc was coming in September as I had read it on various websites and other forums so if you are referring to me I'd like to know

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Squirrel_killer-

I posted asking if the dlc was coming in September as I had read it on various websites and other forums so if you are referring to me I'd like to know

I may have been. Anyways the forum post that started this rumor was on the -I think- Game Spot forums. It's not true, or at least Bethesda hasn't confirmed it.

Squirrel_killer-

Squirrel_killer-

Thanks I'm not an idiot, I was only asking on this forum as I thought it would be the best place to ask

I never said nor implied that you were an idiot. If I gave that impression I am sorry and never meant to do so.

I never said nor implied that you were an idiot. If I gave that impression I am sorry and never meant to do so.

Cool, I'm not going to boycott the dlc as I think it will still be good to play its just annoying from a ps3 point of view that Sony need to step up their game with some titles and companies

destro64

Bro, I'm not reading that giant wall of text. I had a PS3 at one point. The PS3 gets a lot of love from it's exclusive developers like Naughty Dog and Santa Monica. Since I sold my PS3, I won't be able to play any of those great exclusives. And the PS3 has gotten 360 only exclusives ported over it. Like Mass Effect and Bioshock, just to name two.

So, the PS3 gets love. Oh boo hoo, you didn't get all the DLC that the 360 did for Oblivion. Honestly, the only DLC you need for Oblivion is Shivering Isles. Is Horse Armor really that bloody important to you? Must be.

well sadly for us PS3 users you get what you pay for since you guys pay i think it 50 bucks a year, correct me if I'm wrong, sadly you get to play the game early but I still don't like waiting so much

O and can anyone tell me if volkihar master vampire was in the game before, first time i saw one, but to be fair I usually avoid vampire caves

destro64

If the game doesn't have so many bugs its worth the wait but anyway it think ill buy it since I love the way the vampire lord looks and its crazy magic (clearing up didnt say strong said crazy come one they look totally asome)

stagnant94

That's the thing. Bethesda never said Dawnguard would be available on July 26th. That was merely an assumption by some PC and PS3 users.

thats the problem, not giving us a release date is in many ways worse than actually delaying the DLC, because they could delay it for ages and just say "well we didn't give you an official release date so we haven't delayed anything" I've also got other stuff i want to buy, if it comes out close to any of the new games i want to buy then ill get them instead, if it comes out in like a week i may buy it. but we need a release date to give us this information. there lack of communications is disgusting