Should PC, PS3 users boycott Dawnguard???

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
I can wait. But I want to be able to download mods on the PS3 and Xbox, I mean is it that hard to make an app, let people download it, and then you can just download the MODS!!!!!

It's not that simple, trust me.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Can you provide a link to anywhere online that may say this? I want to see this since this is the first I've heard of it.
Nope. As I said it was in a private conversation. I could provide the name of the person which is easily locatable by Google search but for reasons of privacy (mine not his) I'm not going to reveal his name as he's my in-law. I also doubt he would appreciate people contacting him about this because of me (his work email and phone number are also easily located by Google search).

You're not going to see anything official from Bethesda on this, nor should you. There's no reason why Bethesda would make a public announcement like that unless it was completely abandoning work on Skyrim DLC for PS3, which is different from indefinitely suspending work on the same. Indefinite could mean months but it could also mean weeks that have already passed by.

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
Nope. As I said it was in a private conversation. I could provide the name of the person which is easily locatable by Google search but for reasons of privacy (mine not his) I'm not going to reveal his name as he's my in-law. I also doubt he would appreciate people contacting him about this because of me (his work email and phone number are also easily located by Google search).

You're not going to see anything official from Bethesda on this, nor should you. There's no reason why Bethesda would make a public announcement like that unless it was completely abandoning work on Skyrim DLC for PS3, which is different from indefinitely suspending work on the same. Indefinite could mean months but it could also mean weeks that have already passed by.
That is understandable. Thanks for the info none-the-less.

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
From what I'm gathering reading around the internet, PC/PS3 players aren't upset they don't have Dawnguard, they're upset at the awful communication from Bethesda.

For the record, I think PS3 users have the most reasons to be upset. It's been 16 weeks (!) since we've had an update. Considering the PS3 has had the most issues, that's....a really long time.

Spiral Power!

Abenddrachen
From what I'm gathering reading around the internet, PC/PS3 players aren't upset they don't have Dawnguard, they're upset at the awful communication from Bethesda.

For the record, I think PS3 users have the most reasons to be upset. It's been 16 weeks (!) since we've had an update. Considering the PS3 has had the most issues, that's....a really long time.
Awful communication?

More like what communication?

I'm feeling pretty paranoid at this point that they really are going to pull a ToV and make 2/3 of the world hate them for a quick paycheck. I don't want to believe it, but I can't help it. There just seems to be no reason that I can foresee about why they'd say something like "we haven't announced it."

If you think about it, they have already said they aren't releasing it on other systems simply by not announcing it. I have no idea what exactly this is supposed to achieve, other than frustrating their customers. If they'd give us some kind of hint or information, we'd be able to relieve our frustrations...but they have given us no such recourse.

So really Bethesda should be bashed for this, because they need to learn that this DOES frustrate us, and that they SHOULDN'T do it. If no one says anything, they would think that their customers don't care.

Which isn't true. We do. With a game that's as successful as Skyrim, it's totally crazy that they'd think that 2/3 of the people who own it don't care about its DLC.

romulus

Personally, I think people should boycott more things if they are unsatisfied by the way they are jerked around. Even though xbox players got the dlc earlier because Microborg is a monopoly, look at what we got. A bug infested mess.

I can't continue Dawnguard with two of my character builds until they patch it, because of quest breaking glitches. One of them is the glitch where the moth priest becomes hostile against everyone in castle Dawnguard. It makes it impossible to continue unless you use a master level calm spell that affects the moth priest, who gets leveled up to around 35th maximum level. There are several more quest breakers in Dawnguard too. All you have to do is look under the Dawnguard and Help threads to see that.

I wouldn't blame pc and ps3 players for boycotting the dlc, at least until everything gets patched. Maybe it will at least make them learn to play-test and patch games and dlcs, before releasing them early out of greed.

pretty birdie

romulus

listen up. if your attempting to make a point you gotta put some stank on the message. 1st off assuming you whiny Turks can control yourself and not get the dawnguard dlc, good for you this is called self control. 2nd you have to control the message. meaning that you have to account for the possibility of spin. this is the possibility of using one of the many outcomes of your message against you now or in the future. with that in mind a ideal strategy would be to get the dlc but delay the purchase. with this Bethesda can't say later that the fan base is smaller than Xbox to justify future delays. a week to the day would be sufficient. with enough commitment's to the purchase delay you could create a decent uproar at Bethesda. an ideal final piece would be a collective message on Hine's blog possibly. something to the affect of everyone who having waited goes on his blog immediately after downloading and say something short and identical. like my name is ------------ . from now on the longer we wait, the longer you wait. your money is the only form of protest a corporate entity will take notice of. take some control and stand up. people will say your whining and a bunch of other bull. but the reason your mad is unfair. is. unfair. if the outcome favoured you and not them the reaction would be no different, and anyone who say's otherwise is a liar, or worse someone who's to pathetic to accept the possibility that a reach around does not have to be the outcome. so the only question left is who are you.

Diisk

Life's unfair, get over it. Oh well they made a dlc come out on one system before the others. If your really that pissed off, then there's something wrong with you. So just wait.
Yea I got dawnguard the day it came out, but that was only because I happened to of went to GameStop that day to buy some games. I didn't even know it existed until the guy at the counter told me so I figured I'd try it.
But to be fair, I wasn't into skyrim too much back then.
And lol I don't even use dawnguard. I don't even have the title update on.

stagnant94

fine, tell you what. if dawnguard is not released by the end of august then bethesda can officially screw themselves.

I would be a little surprised if it wasn't. And Bethesda knows if they wait a few more days without saying anything things are going to turn into a storm. Just look at it now.

In fact, I have the feeling they haven't released a date yet because there working on a patch and there worried that if they go behind schedule and past a date (if they did announce one) people would get pissed.

stagnant94

Why would we care either way?
because if it comes out after august then that is proof that they do not care about the PS3 audience. right now i'm willing to put it all aside and assume that its just bug fixes and stuff. but if it comes out after august then that is a lot more than just bug fixes and they'd better have a good excuse or i'll put them down as not being bothered and will have no further faith in them.

i don't know what console you use but I'm guessing its not PS3. most of us PS3 users probably feel slightly annoyed at this delay, but if they release it after august I'm pretty sure 99% of us would lose all faith in Bethesda

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
because if it comes out after august then that is proof that they do not care about the PS3 audience. right now i'm willing to put it all aside and assume that its just bug fixes and stuff. but if it comes out after august then that is a lot more than just bug fixes and they'd better have a good excuse or i'll put them down as not being bothered and will have no further faith in them.

i don't know what console you use but I'm guessing its not PS3. most of us PS3 users probably feel slightly annoyed at this delay, but if they release it after august I'm pretty sure 99% of us would lose all faith in Bethesda

99% is a huge percentage. I seriously doubt that many PS3 users would be that upset over it. Bethesda never released an exact date for the PS3 and PC users in regards to Dawnguard. This means you getting angry over it not being released yet is utterly hilarious.

Blackhearted

For all of you gamers who own a 360, adn even most pc gamers be silent in this matter. Boycotting someone would assume you were wronged in some way, which I can see you clearly could care less. PS3 owners do not think that boycotting wont make a difference even holding out a week or so, adds a voice to your unhappiness. All of these jerks who scream "stop complaining" ignore because either they dont care because its not their problem, or theyre just gnna keep getting ran over in life. Say something like "ps3 owners should get a discount" and watch 360 owners get angry, thats how you know if the shoe was on the other foot theyd be doing the same thing...so yes add a voice to your concerns my friends

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
For all of you gamers who own a 360, adn even most pc gamers be silent in this matter.
1. The title and the OP are addressed to PC gamers as well.

2. These forums and this thread is open to anyone to post. If you don't like it then don't read the posts. No one is going to be dissuaded to post just because you tell them to because you have zero authority (or persuasive reasoning) to compel anyone to do so.

Bethesda will release Dawnguard for the PC and/or PS3 if and when it can. It defies common sense to believe that it wont do so if it can because that would be like flushing money down the toilet. The fact that it hasn't been released yet is merely indicative of the fact that it's not suitable for release yet. Boycotting is pointless in this situation because it presumes Bethesda could have released Dawnguard on day 31 and there's zero basis to draw that conclusion. You can't alter a company's decision when there were no other choices regarding what it could have done.

Blackhearted

1. The title and the OP are addressed to PC gamers as well.

2. These forums and this thread is open to anyone to post. If you don't like it then don't read the posts. No one is going to be dissuaded to post just because you tell them to because you have zero authority (or persuasive reasoning) to compel anyone to do so.

Bethesda will release Dawnguard for the PC and/or PS3 if and when it can. It defies common sense to believe that it wont do so if it can because that would be like flushing money down the toilet. The fact that it hasn't been released yet is merely indicative of the fact that it's not suitable for release yet. Boycotting is pointless in this situation because it presumes Bethesda could have released Dawnguard on day 31 and there's zero basis to draw that conclusion. You can't alter a company's decision when there were no other choices regarding what it could have done.
Haha! I said most pc gamers, you know the ones who are too enthralled with mods to give a hoot. sigh secondly, we all know bethesda is a business, and we know that if they wanted they could have had it ready by now. Thirdly why havent we been given a release date, or any kind of news? If those reasons you gave are the case 30days have come and gone. This is what im talking about, these people dont care, and believe boycotting is pointless why would they, do you se how PO'd she just got just from me suggesting it? Your voice, our voice can make Bethesda feel the same way. If its not their fault, so be it let us, the consumer, know something otherwise of course theyll be blamed. Vote with your wallets my friends

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts