Scariest experiences in Skyrim

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

doc108

Well mine was at Shearpoint. I defeated the dragon pretty quick so I went to get my reward. As I neared the wall, I noticed, three words were glowing so I was like, "Oh sweet!!!"
I didn't even notice the coffin right next to it. And I walked, the coffin popped open. I was like, "Oh, a Draugr? doesn't matter"
When suddenly, a DRAGON PRIEST LEVITATES FROM THE COFFIN! (It was my first and I read on UESP how they were kinda badass)
Luckily for me, the guy only noticed Lydia and Shadowmere so he was beating them up. It was good enough for me to go and hack at him.

Another was in Whiterun Catacombs. This guy wants me to fetch his amulet and won't go himself cuz he's a chicken. Those skeletons walking around were pretty scary! I had to switch to 3rd person view to make sure I don't get scared. But I got to get some loot too from the coffins
Not trying to be a Dbag or anything but you really gotta put spoiler alerts on your posts when you write about a dragon priest location. Been trying to find those without any Internet help. Guess that's what I get for being on an Internet forum but still.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
Not trying to be a Dbag or anything but you really gotta put spoiler alerts on your posts when you write about a dragon priest location. Been trying to find those without any Internet help. Guess that's what I get for being on an Internet forum but still.
Oh sorry about that. I'll make sure to do it next time

Tara

When I was in the coffin with the Night Mother. I never knew a corpse on Skyrim could look so scary. ._.

There have also been plenty of experiences when generally either a wolf or a dragon would suddenly come out of freaking no where and in front of my face. How a dragon can sneak up on me like that is beyond me. xD It always makes me jump.

Rhubarb&Custard

Better then a silver sword, DAWNBREAKER! Don't use it if you're a vampire or you'll get hurt too. But the dawnbreaker quest was hard at the end!

YOU DIDN'T TAKE THE MACE?!
I felt bad smashing the priest's head in. TWICE! Also I didn't have much room left, (even though I did have my pack mule Marcurio with me.. :D) plus later on I enchanted a glass sword with a soul trap, so it's all good. :)

I LOVE dawnbreaker! It's so shiny and pretty.Not forgetting it lets out a huge boom when you smash a draugr face in. :D First time I did the Dawnbreaker quest, I got the sword first and didn't loot all the dead bodies and never got the word wall. I was like "NOO! NO LET ME BACK IN!! :eek:" It wouldn't let me back in. :sadface: Any ideal level to do that at? I'm level 14 ish at the moment, should I wait till I get a bit higher?

Aquillus

Two really good ones recently.

I was in... Dawnstar? Winterhold? I think Winterhold. Anyway, a man stops me and ask me if I've seen anyone go in or out of the house he's standing at. Some conversation later, we go in together... and head to the basement... and now I'm playing a horror game instead of a fantasy RPG. I was looking for twitchy zombie nurses, I tell ya. Had the adrenaline going.

I believe that's the "House of Horrors" quest in Markarth.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
I felt bad smashing the priest's head in. TWICE! Also I didn't have much room left, (even though I did have my pack mule Marcurio with me.. :D) plus later on I enchanted a glass sword with a soul trap, so it's all good. :)

I LOVE dawnbreaker! It's so shiny and pretty.Not forgetting it lets out a huge boom when you smash a draugr face in. :D First time I did the Dawnbreaker quest, I got the sword first and didn't loot all the dead bodies and never got the word wall. I was like "NOO! NO LET ME BACK IN!! :eek:" It wouldn't let me back in. :sadface: Any ideal level to do that at? I'm level 14 ish at the moment, should I wait till I get a bit higher?
Well When you explored the cave you would exit at Kilkreath Terrace or something. You can jump mountains and land there from Meridia's statue.

and a SPOILER word wall if you didn't know`

If you turn left, facing the statue, there is a word for Elemental Fury

Nocturnal

Mistress Of Darkness
One of the scariest things about Skyrim?
The frost bite spiders. They make me scream out loud every single time! Whether they're surfacing above the water to catch me or perched on the roof rearing to drop down onto my head...yes, they scare me... A LOT!

juniperbugg

Skyrim addict
All Dwemer ruins creep the hell out of me its the sound of the machinary in the background makes me so tense then things jump out of the walls its just not cool. Also the first time a falmer jumped out of one of those holes in the walls that scared the living plops out of me. The haunted house quest got me too with the eerie voice telling you to go deeper in to the house o_O

Tbh alot of falmer stuff scares me, ever been sneaking around thinking your super stealthy then turn around and there is a falmer just right f***ing there, he cant see you but hes close enough to smell you and your just like O.O

Oh and is it just me...when you fall off of something high or even just highish in first person does your tummy do the flip lol like your actually falling...that feeling for dread???

Oh and is it just me...when you fall off of something high or even just highish in first person does your tummy do the flip lol like your actually falling...that feeling for dread???

You get that feeling too?...no matter how many times jump off a high place always feel like I'm the one who is falling...Its kind of fun though :D

Mercer was easy for me. Just chased his outline. Seeing invissies ain't so hard. Plus, my sword was fire enchanted
well I actually didn't chase him I stood on the steps to test something I heard about online. It said he never attacks you from behind...it was true but when ever he suddenly appeared infront of me i was surprised...even though I shouldn't have been after the first time....

Wasn't too freaky or scary but it kind of shocked me when I first started playing Skyrim. So I was a lvl 1 player making my way to Whiterun. I was crossing the mountains that make the Whiterun and Falkreath hold border. I was climbing the mountain when I saw a huge bond fire in the distance. (Giant Camp)

I didn't know that though and I began to approach the camp in interest. I got next to the massive fire and seconds later my character was in orbit around Nirn. I have to say, I actually jumped when it happened. I didn't see the giant when I entered the camp.

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
I was doing the "Mind of Madness" quest in Solitude. I was going through the Blue Palace and suddenly disappeared to the mind of a madman with another madman talking all crazy like and then I couldn't find a way to complete the quest and get out of there. I thought for sure I was going to be stuck there listening to a crazy old coup when I found out what to do online ...
I'm so glad I got out of there alive and I got the Wabbajack, which I am still kind of scared to use again.

Hermaes Mora. I took Septimus his box back, and didn't stick around for the big reveal, then got confronted by a great swirling globe from Oblivion (the plane, not the game.) You know, like whenever someone summons an Atronach, or other Daedra? It was "Just" Mora, but my ass slammed shut with an audible clap, imagining what that mad bastard must've summoned for turning away from him while he fiddled with his toys.

Another was the first time I ran into a Steam Centurion. I had just cleaned out most of
Shimmermist Cave
and those blind elves are creepy enough, then there was this dark cloud in the final room. He must have blown for his first attack before I saw him, because then this giant golden golem comes stomping out of it, and I ran. Finally killed it with a Falmer Bow/Shoot&Skoot tactics, but it took forever, and it was one white knuckle fight in that cramped cavern. I'd generally fight them out in the open, where there's more room to manuver, and less obsticles to get caught on. So worth it, though. Epic fights likeat are what I play these games for.

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
I've never been scared of any location or enemy in Skyrim, but I've had a few
33ct1tc.jpg

type moments.

Ninja Falmer and accidentally stepping on runes being the main source of my near heart attacks.

Drecon

I remember being low level and checking out the dragon in Eastmarch. I found him, and also found that he was much too strong for me. I ran, hid and ran some more until I ran straight into a mammoth. I ran back the other way and hid behind a house. There I was, trapped between a dragon and a mammoth. I think I actually managed to kill the mammoth with my bow, but I was scared to death there.

TheDovahkiin

The Fabled Stealer Of Sweetrolls
A few things. Getting chased by a Frost Troll to High Hrothgar, and the House Of Horrors quest.

George Fleming

When the Agent of Stendarr in Markarth asks you if you have seen anyone leave or enter the abandoned house, i went in with him and was looting a few chests thinking everything was fine, then we got to a door leading to an underground shrine, when i heard whispers and the Agent said "this is no ordinary Daedra" and started running out and Molag Bal was calling after me, my heart was pumping so fast and i would have loved to have seen my face during the whole thing.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts