Scariest experiences in Skyrim

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Darth Brogan

Sith Lord
A FEW MONTHS AGO... I was in a bandit cave, dimly lit. I killed all the bandits, and ALL living things in there, save for my bud Faendal. Anyways, there were two main rooms, a large one where I killed all the bandits, and a small room with all the treasure. I was standing in the doorway of the two rooms, and I saw a shadowy figure run up the slope out of the cave. My first thought was, the heck is Faendal doing? I turned around, and Faendal was right in front of me. My eyes widened, and I ran out of the place to see if it was just a person, but I found nothing. Pretty freaky

The Laoch

He is the Prince of Order. Or was it biscuits?
The only time I get freaked out is when something pops up on me. I remember after picking a lock on a chest in a dwemer ruin, I turned around to see a falmer's face block my whole scene I nearly pooped myself. Good thing I bring Serana with me every where so she can cuddle me after.

Yukari Yakumo

The Countless Violet Clouds
Was on a trek to Riften on foot. Could've fast travelled but I wanted the scenic route.
Midnight, irl and game, killed a wolf, looked behind him.
Saw this bright shimmer; then up rides the Headless Horseman...*chills*
Not scary, just gave some goosebumps; the good kind.:)

kriz44

During one of the missions for the Thieves Guild i had to go to a dwemer ruin...i was sneaking around like i do, when half way through the ruin i start running into these weird bald eyeless creatures...not really all that scary, except when you sneak and turn around to see one jumping at you..

Gregor Moon Fang

Champion of Azura
I don't remember what the ruin is called but it it's somewhere near...Morthal I think? Anyway I was doing my usual dungeon delving and I come upon this giant chest just sitting in the middle of the room. Being the greedy bastard that I am I decide to open it. Then when I exit out of the inventory screen a giant red frostbite spider lands right in front of me, eyes, legs and fangs and all. Made me scream so loud that half my neighbors came to my apartment thinking that someone was getting tortured. Now with the Beastiary I found on them if I see anything that even looks like a web I check every single ceiling in that area. That one experience has caused me to become permanently scared of them.

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
I don't remember what the ruin is called but it it's somewhere near...Morthal I think? Anyway I was doing my usual dungeon delving and I come upon this giant chest just sitting in the middle of the room. Being the greedy bastard that I am I decide to open it. Then when I exit out of the inventory screen a giant red frostbite spider lands right in front of me, eyes, legs and fangs and all. Made me scream so loud that half my neighbors came to my apartment thinking that someone was getting tortured. Now with the Beastiary I found on them if I see anything that even looks like a web I check every single ceiling in that area. That one experience has caused me to become permanently scared of them.

I feel your pain! I truly do :sadface:

Gregor Moon Fang

Champion of Azura
but, but, them spiders :|

My fear of those spiders is so great right now that I won't even do the rest of the Dawnguard quest because I know that the cave you go through when you go get Auriel's Bow is riddled with those bastards. Also, any other creature in the game doesn't faze me in the least: Draugr, Charus, Sabrecats, Bears, Falmer, Skeletons, etc. They all chumps that eat my Daedric Greatsword Dian'Mie.

Tay

When I accidentally shot my follower in the head with an arrow and had to guiltily watch a dramatic cut scene :/

Most of my two scariest experiences were at the beginning of my Skyrim experience, when i first strolled into Riverwood, and laid my eyes on a chicken, i thought.. ah let's kill the chicken.
I was then swiftly attacked by 4 guards, Alvor, the woman from the Mill and Faendal.. i was like level 2-3

My other scary experience was probably prior to that, when i first had to fight the spiders underneath Helgen, ugh i hate spiders!

Tay

Most of my two scariest experiences were at the beginning of my Skyrim experience, when i first strolled into Riverwood, and laid my eyes on a chicken, i thought.. ah let's kill the chicken.
I was then swiftly attacked by 4 guards, Alvor, the woman from the Mill and Faendal.. i was like level 2-3

My other scary experience was probably prior to that, when i first had to fight the spiders underneath Helgen, ugh i hate spiders!

----

That happened to me too! Emotional scars.... :/

I genuinely almost jumped of my seat when i turned round after killing the chicken, who knew eggs were so revered in Skyrim eh? hahaha

Tay

I genuinely almost jumped of my seat when i turned round after killing the chicken, who knew eggs were so revered in Skyrim eh? hahaha
I also would not advise punching a cow.... :/ The outcome isn't pleasant at all

Riften Guard

Bad Thief
The only time I really got scared was when I was going through Bleak Falls Barrow the first time. Just me, fumbling through the dark, when caskets decided to fly open, nearly fell outta my chair.

Snoball

23rd President of the United States of America
My first time going to Ustengrav to retrieve the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller. I remember fighting the two spiders in the room before the Horn's room. After I killed them, I look up and see that damn colossal spider descend on me out of nowhere.

nojustno.gif

Benthos

Proud Mer
It was a jump scare but it happened today, Lydia was my follower (have been swapping around followers for a while now) and she was wearing dragon plate armor, steel plate helmet, and carrying around an Ebony Axe. I was tailing Gulum-Ei to find out more information during "Scoundrel's Folly" and she came out from around a corner right in front of me and the screen. Made me jump because I didn't expect it and the first thing that came to mind was Sabretooth Cat. I almost attacked her, there have been times where I accidentally killed her thanks to my perks and skill while playing Dark Brotherhood quests and she was in the middle of a scrap or she came at me and I confused her as an enemy while in an enemy's territory. The last bit as example, during the contract to kill the Emperor, you're on his ship, you're going to be jumped around every corner, I had my weapons drawn and she came around to catch up to us (spectral assassin and myself) with her Ebony axe ready, so from the split second of her coming out, I killed her and had to load the last save (auto-save in the room we just entered).

One thing I worry about is when my partner is taking on giant camps and dragons with me, I always worry about their well being because I know how to handle myself IRL as well as in the game. Many tactics prove successful and I can find easier and more efficient ways to deal with them (especially compared to the pretty bad AI in Skyrim).

Iveri Sarothil

The scariest thing for me was first starting Skyrim and accidentally picking up (not stealing, just picking up to hold) an item in a store and freezing in terror. Because my first TES experience was getting zergswarmed by the store patrons and the merchant if I so much as sniffed an item, something that made me not play Morrowind for weeks. ;_;

Lol, but to be honest, the actual scariest thing was meeting a Revered Dragon for the first time in Solthsteim. It was red, huge, and...well, FLAT. That disturbed me the most. Dragons are not supposed to have flat necks. The way this thing moved freaked me out like you wouldn't believe.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts