Music you listen to while playing Skyrim? (If any)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ariel

Lately its been a lot of old school music, which is odd. Its odd because you'd think id be all metal and hard rock, you know, stuff like that.. but lately its been all Kansas, Nirvana, The offspring, 3 Doors Down, Warrent, Queen, Beastie Boys.. a lot of Beastie Boys, Anthrax, , B52's.....

not like a day to remember and ax7, All That Remains and yeah...

i know probably a bunch of lame plops.. but who cares, i love it.

what do you folks listen to? o_O

morguen87

|\/| P |/\|
the in game sounds are too good to have music playing over in my opinion. The graphics are obviously excellent, but the sound effects are way underrated. I love just wandering through the landscape and hearing my character run through snow one minute then onto a stone road the next, I love hearing birds chirp in the trees and running waterfalls as I go by, and I like hearing creatures like foxes and rabbits and moose go about their business. There is no game that comes close to the immersion Skyrim offers, I don't need music to be honest.

Oh, and there's a 5 page thread already:
http://skyrimforum.com/threads/bands-groups-do-you-listen-to-as-you-play-skyrim.1452/

SkinnedLikeScum

Dragon Slayer
Lately its been a lot of old school music, which is odd. Its odd because you'd think id be all metal and hard rock, you know, stuff like that.. but lately its been all Kansas, Nirvana, The offspring, 3 Doors Down, Warrent, Queen, Beastie Boys.. a lot of Beastie Boys, Anthrax, , B52's.....

i know probably a bunch of lame pl***.. but who cares, i love it.

haha, why not try listening to disfigured elegance, chelsea grin, whitechapel, carnifex, suicide silence, suffokate, thy art is murder, the black dahlia murder, emmure, acacia strain, oceano, the arcanum effect.

By the way, this gets warriors pumped

and for my mages

andrea

old school epic metal: manilla road, manowar, rhapsody, savatage and stuff like that, but i mostly stick with the game soundtrack

Kieron

The Guru
Hey, there is nothing lame about Kansas, Nirvana, Queen and the Beastie Boys. We're talking about legends of rock here, that beats the pants off of A Day to Remember any day, though I do like them.

ariel

Hey, there is nothing lame about Kansas, Nirvana, Queen and the Beastie Boys. We're talking about legends of rock here, that beats the pants off of A Day to Remember any day, though I do like them.

heck yes they beat the pants off of a day to remember, i do like them too obviously, but nothing beats the classics :p

ariel

haha, why not try listening to disfigured elegance, chelsea grin, whitechapel, carnifex, suicide silence, suffokate, thy art is murder, the black dahlia murder, emmure, acacia strain, oceano, the arcanum effect.

By the way, this gets warriors pumped

and for my mages

and added you AEx Reaper

Anonylulz

Greatful dead, moe., lots of dubstep, pretty lights, some "local" funky-jammy bands etc

i know probably a bunch of lame pl***.. but who cares, i love it.

Nothing like "Paul Revere" in the background when you're getting into a brawl at The Bee and Barb

ariel

Nothing like "Paul Revere" in the background when you're getting into a brawl at The Bee and Barb

lmao
I actually listen to the ingame soundtrack. I love them IMO, and they are very suited to the game and it's atmosphere.

and today i listened to the in game soundtrack, and to an earlier post i lovee hearing the birds and waterfall and stuff in the background!! gotta love the salmon jumping up the waterfall haha

VictoireXII

Crazed Skyrim Photographer
[quote="ariel
and today i listened to the in game soundtrack, and to an earlier post i lovee hearing the birds and waterfall and stuff in the background!! gotta love the salmon jumping up the waterfall haha[/quote]

If you play on the pc version, there are mods that improve the sounds, and some even add more realistic sounds, to practically every atmospheric sound in the game.

ariel

[quote="ariel
and today i listened to the in game soundtrack, and to an earlier post i lovee hearing the birds and waterfall and stuff in the background!! gotta love the salmon jumping up the waterfall haha

If you play on the pc version, there are mods that improve the sounds, and some even add more realistic sounds, to practically every atmospheric sound in the game.[/quote]

i wish i had the pc version lol we only have xbox =\\

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
The last time I played music over Skyrim, it was Epica's "Design Your Universe" album. Let me tell you, it was an experience I'll never forget! But really, any good symphonic metal band that has a lot of orchestral elements will intensify how the game feels.

Kieron

The Guru
Don't Stop Me Now By Queen

And You're Going Down by Sick Puppies

Both great tracks, You're going down Down would be perfect for all out battles and don't stop me now is perfect for funny pub and brawl music

Kieron

The Guru
Also if you really want to laugh your ass of while playing Yakety Sax by Boots Randolf makes anything funny, especially if there's a struggling battle or hard effort of getting to something.

Balstrome

y no Kraftwerk? Nothing is better than running between towns with Autobahn playing behind your eye balls.