Music you listen to while playing Skyrim? (If any)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

HelloMyNameIsEd

He-Who-Killed-Ulfric-Stormcloak-With-A-Broom
Sometimes, I like to listen to 2 Steps From Hell. Not sure if it counts, but... it's pretty freakin' awesome. Especially when doing a magic duel or fighting a dragon.

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
The in-game music is excellent, but if I were to listen to anything else, Of Monsters & Men would have a nice folk theme to it.

Clau

The Fateless One
I listen to this gal, Malukah on her Skyrim covers. Her resonating vocal reminds me of Judy Collins.

The Dragonborn Comes

Tale of the Tongues

I'm a Rivethead, so mostly Industrial. For Morrowind, it was Plastic Noise Experience - Machinenmusik. Right now, I've gone back to Das Ich - Antichrist, und Egodram.

[Edit] Oh, and for Dwemer Ruins:
[/edit]

Lizzifer

Watch out for hop-ons.
I dig either ES Posthumous or some awesome intense Baroque choral music. It makes it so epic.

Saint Vicious

Still sober
I know i'm digging up and old thread as my first post, which is terrible forum etiquette. But this thread is the one that pushed me to make an account so it should be alright. I rarely play music over the game. But when I'm about to get into a big fight that i'm nervous about. This song makes sure I own it. (Hed) pe - renegade.
Warning: strong language.

You can't listen to that song and lose a fight.

And before the fight I like this song. Same band.

Heres a list...
1. Most of all i listen to the music they play its cool and suprisingly actiony and catchy :)
2. Guns n roses (oldschool before slash left)
3. Boston
4. Kansas
5. Eric clapton
6. Stevie vai
7.Stevie ray Vaughan
8.Bb King
9.Metallica (older ones but i think like 2 of their new ones our good..)
10.Joe Satraini

Drewski

Relaxing on Revis Island, with Revis and Holmes :(
I play on The Xbox, so normal game music....but if I played on PC, I don't think anything fits Skyrim wandering better than this :- (I'm into Classical and Metal in equal measures)

Neriad13

Premium Member
I never listen to music while I'm playing the game - I love the ingame music and sound effects too much. However, if I'm having a hard time in a fight, I'll pause the game and listen to a little Two Steps From Hell to inspire me.

SaveVsBedWet

Actually, there was nothing I would have substituted for the music in Skyrim, similar to the way I played the other games, except for what I am listening to as of the day before yesterday while playing for the first time ever. Silence.

The music is part of the atmosphere and the lore. As mentioned in an earlier thread on this, or maybe even this one (can't remember), I don't want to hear some emo nasal goober screaming irrelevancies into my ear about today's issues while I'm supposed to be immersed in a world that existed somewhere around the Bronze Age if not earlier. It simply has no place and detracts from the setting.

Now if you asked me what I listened to while in the midst of Unreal Tournament...the more irony and incongruousness the better. Nothing like discount dental with a flak cannon while "How Deep is Your Love" drones on in the background, or having some joker sandwiched next to his flag by an ASMD secondary blast and a 6 missile volley while "Torn Between Two Lovers" plays on behind him.

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

I like to listen to Dragonforce Through Fire and Flames
or Knights of Cyndonia- Muses

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.

Clau

The Fateless One
Played this everytime I was at Whiterun.

Had this playing during Rise in the East quest.

Played during the siege of Windhelm.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
For me it's all about immersion (getting the game looking as close to real life as possible. So, no Rock n' Roll or Techno while I'm playing Skyrim.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts