• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
Amphibians are different to reptiles. There are 5 types of vertebrae - reptiles and amphibians are different types.

Yes, but any number of things can be amphibious (Operate equally well on both land and water.) Not just Amphibians, the class of cold-blooded, moist skinned vertebrates that includes toads, frogs, newts and salamanders.

Vehicles can be amphibious, birds and mammals such as ducks, otters and cormorants are largely amphibious. Reptiles like turtles and crocodiles are amphibious.

Argonians are amphibious, even if they are reptiles. They are equally at home in water as on land.

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
^^^ Watch out for this guy he will kill everyone.

I will join forces with u for one day to hunt down mrdsl, he is to dangerous, Tamriel is in trouble lmfao.

Captain Nagisus

Jake the Dog!
I said amphibious not Amphibian... therefore I am still right... though you are also technically correct... :D Capt

It's alright mate. But I said Argonians were amphibians specifically.

Captain Nagisus

Jake the Dog!
Yes, but any number of things can be amphibious (Operate equally well on both land and water.) Not just Amphibians, the class of cold-blooded, moist skinned vertebrates that includes toads, frogs, newts and salamanders.

Vehicles can be amphibious, birds and mammals such as ducks and cormorants are largely amphibious. Reptiles like turtles and crocodiles are amphibious.

Argonians are amphibious, even if they are reptiles. They are equally at home in water as on land.

I said amphibians specifically. Perhaps there are just different varieties, some amphibious reptiles, some regular amphibians. After all, I don't think there are any amphibians with horns.

(I think all those negative ratings are uncalled for though.)

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
I said amphibians specifically. Perhaps there are just different varieties, some amphibious reptiles, some regular amphibians. After all, I don't think there are any amphibians with horns.

(I think all those negative ratings are uncalled for though.)

Judging from their horns, scales and feathers (feathers being evolved from scales) I would say that Argonians are definitely reptiles. Their hides look quite thick, and not at all like the semi-permeable mucus membrane typical to most true amphibians.

They have no external gill-fans, which is a universal trait of truly aquatic amphibians (like mudpuppes and cave salamanders).

So yeah. If I had to label them, it would be as reptiles.

Captain Nagisus

Jake the Dog!
Judging from their horns, scales and feathers (feathers being evolved from scales) I would say that Argonians are definitely reptiles. Their hides look quite thick, and not at all like the semi-permeable mucus membrane typical to most true amphibians.

They have no external gill-fans, which is a universal trait of truly aquatic amphibians (like mudpuppes and cave salamanders).

So yeah. If I had to label them, it would be as reptiles.

Look at Morrowind and Oblivion Argonians. They have clear external gills.

As for feathers, I always thought those were just attached as a sort of traditional headdress.

I think I remember reading on UESP and the Argonian Account that there are different kinds of Argonian, just as with Khajiit. Some are a lot like toads, some very serpentine.

Now can you please remove that erroneous Bad Manners rating? I seriously don't see how that could even be mistakenly interpreted as rude...

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
Oh, there's a few tribes of argonian. Some are snake like, some are toad-like. Even one tribe that supposedly has wings. The one we play as take their most dominant traits from lizards.

Who gave you a bad manners rating? Not me. Did I? *edit* It was me. I must have missed the reply button and hit it by accident. I generally don't give negative ratings. Apologies.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
In the turmoil of the oblivion invasion at the end of the third era, they rose up to push the daedra invasion back beyond the gates of oblivion and thus save lied to their people and took credit for the closing of the Oblivion Gates which was actually accomplished by Martin Septim. Sort of. Their victorypropoganda campaign made them enormously popular with the common folk of Summerset Isle......
FIFY. :p

Captain Nagisus

Jake the Dog!
Oh, there's a few tribes of argonian. Some are snake like, some are toad-like. Even one tribe that supposedly has wings. The one we play as take their most dominant traits from lizards.

Who gave you a bad manners rating? Not me. Did I? *edit* It was me. I must have missed the reply button and hit it by accident. I generally don't give negative ratings. Apologies.

Ah, I understand, I have that error a lot :D

I suppose that it's probably just variations of species, or some (very rapid) evolution. The Argonians in Morrowind are much different to Argonians in Skyrim. Morrowind Argonians are digitigrade and have head fins, with no feathers at all. Possible colouration has altered too. Blue and light green Argonians were common in Morrowind. Oblivion Argonians were mostly orange. Now in Skyrim, they're a wide array of colours, but most are dark green.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts