Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
To be honest, I miss the armor of the Oblivion era legion.

170239_full.jpg

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Oblivion's Legion reminded me more of an honor guard, with the armor style being different to the Legions in other provinces. Skyrim's Legion is similar to Morrowind's Legion, and there isn't much of a reason for an armor change in such few of time between Morrowind and Oblivion timeline.

I always assumed Cyrodiil's Legionaries are different since they're guarding the capital province. Either that or they were simply Imperial Watch not the Army itself.

Edit: I think I do recall hearing one of the characters mention that the Legions were out dealing with the invasion in the provinces, which was why Ocato couldn't send the Legions to aid Bruma.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
Oblivion's Legion reminded me more of an honor guard, with the armor style being different to the Legions in other provinces. Skyrim's Legion is similar to Morrowind's Legion, and there isn't much of a reason for an armor change in such few of time between Morrowind and Oblivion timeline.

I always assumed Cyrodiil's Legionaries are different since they're guarding the capital province. Either that or they were simply Imperial Watch.

True, I hadn't thought about the legion from Morrowind.

I never really got the sense that the Legion in Cyrodiil was very Roman-like. The armor in Morrowind and Skyrim suggest a design more so inspired by Romans, while I think the armor in Cyrodiil was just Bethesda drawing mostly from their own designs and thoughts.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
True, I hadn't thought about the legion from Morrowind.

I never really got the sense that the Legion in Cyrodiil was very Roman-like. The armor in Morrowind and Skyrim suggest a design more so inspired by Romans, while I think the armor in Cyrodiil was just Bethesda drawing mostly from their own designs and thoughts.

Were they the Imperial Legion or Imperial Watch?

feliciano182

I like the Oblivion design better.

It reminds me of A Song Of Ice And Fire.

ANYTHING that reminds me of A Song Of Ice And Fire is awesome by default.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Here's a repost video on why the Stormcloaks are right. (I'm currently making my own version)
Congratulations on ruining an otherwise decent post with this extremely LOLable, flawed, ignorant and lore misinformed video.
Just because you disagree with the video doesn't mean that it's misinformed.
It's not a disagreement, it's a fact. In just the first few minutes of the video the author falsely claims that the High King of Skyrim is appointed by the Emperor and that the resistance to the Aldmeri Dominion in Hammerfell is ongoing. I could go on but that in of itself speaks volumes about the ignorance of the author of the video and the resulting fallacies in reasoning that permeate the video.

I am team dovahkin I don't give a fluff for this war I tried both sides and found both to be wrong nords built the empire say the stoarmcloaks the legion well they follow blindly to their beliefs yet either way no matter how much u polish a sturdy its still a turd

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Dwarven armor is well equipped ?

Cute !

Well you skipped over Ebony and Daedric, I was just mentioning what they had on that campaign.

“The Imperial army is gathered to the south,” said Cassyr. “They are a two weeks march from Ald Iuval and Lake Coronati, heavily armored.”
Vivec nodded. Ald Iuval and its sister city on the other side of the lake Ald Malak were strategically important fortresses. He had been expecting a move against them for some time. His captain pulled down a map of southwestern Morrowind from the wall and smoothed it out, fighting a gentle summer sea breeze wafting in from the open window.
“They were heavily armored, you say?” asked the captain.
“Yes, sir,” said Cassyr. “They were camped out near Bethal Gray in the Heartland, and I saw nothing but Ebony, Dwarven, and Daedric armor, fine weaponry, and siege equipment.”

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:2920,_MidYear,_v6

This is a rather interesting book and series.

Regardless of politics or the future of Tamriel. The Stormcloaks are right. No one has the right to stop you from worshiping someone. End of story. If someone told me I couldn't worship who I wanted, consequences be damned, I would not accept that. If I were a Nord then the Stormcloak rebbelion would be something I would willingly die for. Yes Ulfric is an asshole, yes Tullius is just doing he's job. Entirely irrelevant. Religion is religion and whoever tries to deny someone that right, is wrong. Plain and simple.

High King of Skyrim

King of the barbarian horde
Regardless of politics or the future of Tamriel. The Stormcloaks are right. No one has the right to stop you from worshiping someone. End of story. If someone told me I couldn't worship who I wanted, consequences be damned, I would not accept that. If I were a Nord then the Stormcloak rebbelion would be something I would willingly die for. Yes Ulfric is an asshole, yes Tullius is just doing he's job. Entirely irrelevant. Religion is religion and whoever tries to deny someone that right, is wrong. Plain and simple.
It's that kind of passion that Ulfric uses to manipulate other Nords into following his cause. He makes them believe that that is what they're fighting for, freedom to worship Talos. I disagree with the White Gold Concordat for that very reason. I too believe Talos should be allowed to be openly worshipped by whomever chooses to do so, however for now at least it's outlawed. It becomes a question of what a man is prepared to sacrifice for that privilege and how far he is prepared to go. As open worship outside of Windhelm is a very dangerous game indeed and would likely end up in either jail, or worse still, a Thalmor prison.

It's that kind of passion that Ulfric uses to manipulate other Nords into following his cause. He makes them believe that that is what they're fighting for, freedom to worship Talos. I disagree with the White Gold Concordat for that very reason. I too believe Talos should be allowed to be openly worshipped by whomever chooses to do so, however for now at least it's outlawed. It becomes a question of what a man is prepared to sacrifice for that privilege and how far he is prepared to go. As open worship outside of Windhelm is a very dangerous game indeed and would likely end up in either jail, or worse still, a Thalmor prison.

Yup a very dangerous game indeed. Ulfric is (in my opinion) an a**hole and selfish b***erd, but, he gets results. Even if they are for he's own selfish needs. He promised to return of legal Talos worship, and, if the civil war goes he's way, he delivers that promise. That's the way I look at it at least.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts