Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

KingNLD

That's what so great about having freedom of choice. You play how you want, and I'll play how I want. Besides, I never tire of playing Skyrim. I love going around Skyrim, and replaying quests on new characters. I don't even bother with different play styles for each one, because with the latest patch you can get all the perks, eventually. So I'm not worried about whether I really want to spend perk points in Mage skills, when I usually go with an Assassin/Warrior build throughout most of the game. I've taken to wielding Flames left-handed alongside my Daedric Sword, as well as keeping Fire Breath equipped.

It'll be a while before I truly start playing with Talia, so I won't be genociding Stormcloaks any time soon.

i see that you have all companions quest done but not the rieklings they are the best xd
they come aid you in battle if you fight a long time and with 3/4 riekling and they never die!!
and they are funny! ^^

i see that you have all companions quest done but not the rieklings they are the best xd
they come aid you in battle if you fight a long time and with 3/4 riekling and they never die!!
and they are funny! ^^

Haven't started the Dragonborn DLC on Cyrus.

Ozan

the Magnificent Bastard
Nords don't fear Khajiit. They do not allow Khajiit caravans inside the cities, Khajiit themselves may enter cities. Just how the game is many Khajiit are a part of the Caravans. I know Khajiit by themselves can be allowed into the cities, because one tried to assassinate me on behalf of the Thalmor in Riften's market.

Make the Nord rulers allow Khajiit Caravans into their city? You call the Empire oppressors and then complain because they do not oppress Nords into allowing Khajiit Caravans into the city. It isn't the Legions duty to force the Nordic rulers to do what they want. Nords own the lands, Nords are allowed to say who is and isn't allowed onto their property. Should the Empire lock up a house owner because they told you to leave their house?

What town is exactly under siege by bandits? Should the Hold guards be dealing with that? The Legion is fighting a Civil War, resources and man power are very limited.

You're in the wrong group if you're looking for pity over the treaty with the Dunmer. That was signed by Tiber Septim himself, great and mighty Talos. You have problems with what Talos himself did? You're not going to get much pity from the Talos fanatic Stormcloaks. Go complain to the Nords that you hate Talos for what he signed, see how long your Stormcloaks remain friends with you.

Actually the veteran Legions are stationed along the Dominion's border, keeping the Dominion out of Skyrim. If you're upset about a few Thalmor Agents, you wouldn't like what it would be if the Empire didn't care about Skyrim enough to keep the Dominion out of Empire lands.

As I have pointed above, Khajiit are allowed into cities, Khajiit caravans are not. Nords rule those lands, if you have problems with the fact that Skyrim belongs to the Nords, you're in the wrong faction. You think Stormcloaks will suddenly be open and kind to Khajiit wanting into their cities. It would be even worse had the Legions forced the Jarls to allow people into their cities. There would be even worse civil war, because the Nords as rulers are being oppressed.

Make up your mind, first the Empire is oppressing and now the problem is the Empire aren't oppressing.

So its oppression to allow tolerance? My, my... such an intriguing thought, that. Perhaps Khajiit shall consider such as the caravans are accused of selling skooma and Khajiit himself accused of theft.

To address the idleness of the legion, it was in the past ((Oblivion: Whodunit?)). They were idle then... and they are active now? Fighting a war? There was no war then, and the people suffered. Ozan fears what the people are going through now. The Stormcloak Jarl may not send out soldiers for Khajiit or other Not-Nord types... but at least he sends something out.

To address the Talos thing signing the treaty... Khajiit understands he was... more than friends with a certain Dark Elf figure. Khajiit is sympathetic to certain needs. Poon is more than an acceptable excuse for Ozan. But how long had it been? Not once has the Empire tried to overturn it. Not once has the empire push against such evils. They allow. This is why Ozan mistrusts the Colovian.

And finally, every soul dragged off by the Thalmor is a negative mark on the legion. They, once more... allow... and the people suffer for it.

The Colovian can't be a pimp and a prostitute too.

Make love, no war! Stormcloaks and the imperials can coexist with each other if they learn to get along with each other.

Which is why we should totally have the option to make a third faction that is led by the Dragonborn.

lol you most buy it Dawnguard is pl*** boring as hell. the same as heartfire pl*** to mod houses are a way better.
but that Dragonborn is great! money worth.

I already have the DLC. I simply haven't started it on my current character. I've completed the main Dragonborn quest line, on my previous and now deleted character.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
So its oppression to allow tolerance? My, my... such an intriguing thought, that. Perhaps Khajiit shall consider such as the caravans are accused of selling skooma and Khajiit himself accused of theft.

To address the idleness of the legion, it was in the past ((Oblivion: Whodunit?)). They were idle then... and they are active now? Fighting a war? There was no war then, and the people suffered. Ozan fears what the people are going through now. The Stormcloak Jarl may not send out soldiers for Khajiit or other Not-Nord types... but at least he sends something out.

To address the Talos thing signing the treaty... Khajiit understands he was... more than friends with a certain Dark Elf figure. Khajiit is sympathetic to certain needs. Poon is more than an acceptable excuse for Ozan. But how long had it been? Not once has the Empire tried to overturn it. Not once has the empire push against such evils. They allow. This is why Ozan mistrusts the Colovian.

And finally, every soul dragged off by the Thalmor is a negative mark on the legion. They, once more... allow... and the people suffer for it.

The Colovian can't be a pimp and a prostitute too.

Khajiit Caravans do sell skooma?

Idleness of the Legion during the Oblivion Crisis? There was no war then... A daedric invasion doesn't count as a war in your mind? It is said why the Legions aren't in Cyrodiil, they were in the provinces, hundreds if not thousands of miles away. Though fighting Daedra hoards counts as being idle in your mind, perhaps you have been hitting skooma.

The Stormcloak Jarl sends something out? And the Empire doesn't? Where does it say the Legions do not offer assistance to those attacked?

Ozan has indeed been hitting the Skooma, the slavery was basically abolished by the Empire, with the Imperial backed King Hlaalu Helseth, who all but destroyed the slave trade, save a few little pockets of resistance to the south. So you mistrust the "Colovian" for something they didn't do, but in fact they already did. You're entire argument on that one is invalid, since the Empire already dealt with the slave trade. Perhaps we should be questioning why are Khajiit allowed to have slaves and to buy and sell them? You act the victim, while Elsweyr maintains these practices. Very clever of you, tell me why should Khajiit get pity for slavery when they themselves do it?

The Thalmor can't arrest someone without evidence, it is why there is a quest in Markarth because the "Colovians" Don't allow the Thalmor to snatch, he can't make an arrest without evidence, so the Thalmor asks you to help him. Every soul lost to the Thalmor is on Ulfric Stormcloak's head, people weren't being dragged off into the night until the rise of the Stormcloaks. Causing the Legions to deal with the Civil War, unable to protect the citizens from the Thalmor. It's on the head of their greatest asset, Ulfric. The Thalmor are using this Civil War to drain Imperial resources, waste good soldiers and to be able to move freely doing what they want.

Twenty six years the Thalmor have been in Skyrim, twenty six years... Now why is all the trouble with them recently? I mean you seem to make it out they did whatever under the Empire. Then why for twenty six years are there no incidents until Ulfric Stormcloak.

You fools may continue to argue back and forth about which one of your puny teams is superior, but know this: your little cliques will not stand a CHANCE against the Empire of the Combine. We will reign supreme, taking over with our supreme manpower and technology. Unless, of course, you choose to peacefully team up with us against the Aldmeri Dominion. However, we would need to have control of your armies and resources. So what do you say, Imperials and Stormcloaks? Will you join us, or continue to be stubborn children and have the Combine take EVERYTHING you have by force?

We are your benefactors. We are the universal union. We are the Combine.

HAIL THE COMBINE!

200px-Combine.svg.png

KingNLD

You fools may continue to argue back and forth about which one of your puny teams is superior, but know this: your little cliques will not stand a CHANCE against the Empire of the Combine. We will reign supreme, taking over with our supreme manpower and technology. Unless, of course, you choose to peacefully team up with us against the Aldmeri Dominion. However, we would need to have control of your armies and resources. So what do you say, Imperials and Stormcloaks? Will you join us, or continue to be stubborn children and have the Combine take EVERYTHING you have by force?

We are your benefactors. We are the universal union. We are the Combine.

HAIL THE COMBINE!

200px-Combine.svg.png

what game thit you play? Elder Scrolls Unite and peace?

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
The Empire already is united, it's the Stormcloaks that want to leave. Doesn't make much sense for the Stormcloaks to fight then just stop and go back into being a united Empire.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
The Empire already is united, it's the Stormcloaks that want to leave. Doesn't make much sense for the Stormcloaks to fight then just stop and go back into being a united Empire.

The empire is weak. That's why the Stormcloaks want out. It makes perfect sense. The Stormcloaks want Skyrim free from the shackles of the Empire, and want independence. Theirs nothing wrong with that.

The empire is weak. That's why the Stormcloaks want out. It makes perfect sense. The Stormcloaks want Skyrim free from the shackles of the Empire, and want independence. Theirs nothing wrong with that.

Except that Skyrim will be in a weakened state from the war, while the Thalmor can swoop in at any time and wipe out the Stormcloaks before they can get properly organized. Unless Ulfric decides to Fus Ro Dah his way through the Thalmor and has the Dragonborn by his side to help.

Ozan

the Magnificent Bastard
Khajiit Caravans do sell skooma?

Idleness of the Legion during the Oblivion Crisis? There was no war then... A daedric invasion doesn't count as a war in your mind? It is said why the Legions aren't in Cyrodiil, they were in the provinces, hundreds if not thousands of miles away. Though fighting Daedra hoards counts as being idle in your mind, perhaps you have been hitting skooma.

The Stormcloak Jarl sends something out? And the Empire doesn't? Where does it say the Legions do not offer assistance to those attacked?

Ozan has indeed been hitting the Skooma, the slavery was basically abolished by the Empire, with the Imperial backed King Hlaalu Helseth, who all but destroyed the slave trade, save a few little pockets of resistance to the south. So you mistrust the "Colovian" for something they didn't do, but in fact they already did. You're entire argument on that one is invalid, since the Empire already dealt with the slave trade. Perhaps we should be questioning why are Khajiit allowed to have slaves and to buy and sell them? You act the victim, while Elsweyr maintains these practices. Very clever of you, tell me why should Khajiit get pity for slavery when they themselves do it?

The Thalmor can't arrest someone without evidence, it is why there is a quest in Markarth because the "Colovians" Don't allow the Thalmor to snatch, he can't make an arrest without evidence, so the Thalmor asks you to help him. Every soul lost to the Thalmor is on Ulfric Stormcloak's head, people weren't being dragged off into the night until the rise of the Stormcloaks. Causing the Legions to deal with the Civil War, unable to protect the citizens from the Thalmor. It's on the head of their greatest asset, Ulfric. The Thalmor are using this Civil War to drain Imperial resources, waste good soldiers and to be able to move freely doing what they want.

Twenty six years the Thalmor have been in Skyrim, twenty six years... Now why is all the trouble with them recently? I mean you seem to make it out they did whatever under the Empire. Then why for twenty six years are there no incidents until Ulfric Stormcloak.

The time they did nothing was well before the crisis began. This argument can not be made.

In addition, can the Colovian prove the Khajiit sell skooma? We know one's word isn't good enough. Ozan is sure the Colovian agrees. Thus, this argument shouldn't be made.

If slavery was banned in Morrowind, why did the Argonian invade? Either the Colovian's facts does not add up or the Empire is unable to defend her territory, a recurring theme, perhaps... Inability to protect they who support them.

Which brings another point up. Massacres in Skyrim. Both sides are accused of this. If the Colovian did it, then they truly oppress the people. If the Stormcloak did it, then the Colovian can not defend the people of Skyrim and should abandon the self proclaimed title of "Defenders of Skyrim" for clearly, it is inaccurate and baseless.

And finally, to address the Thalmor... they don't answer to you and do as they wish. If they suspect one of heresy, they eredicate one. They assassinate, they kidnap, they do whatever because they won't be caught. So long as nobody knows, everyone is fair game. And frankly, the Colovian doesn't know a thing.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
The time they did nothing was well before the crisis began. This argument can not be made.

In addition, can the Colovian prove the Khajiit sell skooma? We know one's word isn't good enough. Ozan is sure the Colovian agrees. Thus, this argument shouldn't be made.

If slavery was banned in Morrowind, why did the Argonian invade? Either the Colovian's facts does not add up or the Empire is unable to defend her territory, a recurring theme, perhaps... Inability to protect they who support them.

Which brings another point up. Massacres in Skyrim. Both sides are accused of this. If the Colovian did it, then they truly oppress the people. If the Stormcloak did it, then the Colovian can not defend the people of Skyrim and should abandon the self proclaimed title of "Defenders of Skyrim" for clearly, it is inaccurate and baseless.

And finally, to address the Thalmor... they don't answer to you and do as they wish. If they suspect one of heresy, they eredicate one. They assassinate, they kidnap, they do whatever because they won't be caught. So long as nobody knows, everyone is fair game. And frankly, the Colovian doesn't know a thing.

Oblivion opens up with the crisis? What town are you referring to if the game itself starts during the Crisis.

Slavery was banned, and it was never mentioned as to the reason why the Argonians invaded. It's never said it was about slavery, it's been hinted to be about claiming lost territory. The simple fact is, you don't know why they invaded to even claim to know would be biased and obviously false. Morrowind left the Empire after the Oblivion Crisis, Morrowind was no longer Imperial concern, the only Legion garrison near Morrowind was wiped out by Red Mountain erupting. Why should the Empire protect those no longer within the Empire, if a province leaves the Empire, they're on their own. Why should the Empire spend resources to aid those who do not wish it. Your argument on this subject is invalid.

Oh so if the Stormcloaks slaughter innocents, it is the Legions fault? That is biased, very biased and a very weak stand point. I'm amazed you would even try to use that as an argument in defense of the Stormcloaks.

The Thalmor don't answer to me? Are you sure?

"Are you joking? Even if we had a prisoner by that name, the only way he'd be released is by order of the Imperial Legion." - Thalmor Mistwatch Guard.

We know more than the Stormcloaks, they have no clue about the Thalmor.

Tullius: "You realize this is exactly what they wanted."
Galmar: "What who wanted?"
Tullius: "The Thalmor. They stirred up trouble here. Forced us to divert needed resources and throw away good soldiers quelling this rebellion."

Raijin

Except that Skyrim will be in a weakened state from the war, while the Thalmor can swoop in at any time and wipe out the Stormcloaks before they can get properly organized. Unless Ulfric decides to Fus Ro Dah his way through the Thalmor and has the Dragonborn by his side to help.

I highly doubt it. After all the Stormcloaks are mostly former legionaries, and more are joining for the cause. After the civil war, under Stormcloak victory, you would soon notice that you would no longer see Thalmor Justiciars walking freely on the roads with prisoners. If you were receiving love letters from them; Justiciar execution order, it will stop. The Stormcloaks drove the Thalmor out of Skyrim.

Raijin

We know more than the Stormcloaks, they have no clue about the Thalmor.

Tullius: "You realize this is exactly what they wanted."
Galmar: "What who wanted?"
Tullius: "The Thalmor. They stirred up trouble here. Forced us to divert needed resources and throw away good soldiers quelling this rebellion."

Shame! Tullius had evidence acknowledging that the Thalmor was stirring up trouble, and forced the Imperials and the Stormcloaks to divert needed resources away over this silly war, and Tullius did NOTHING about it.

Tullius was giving in to what the Thalmor wanted, and now before he gets executed he wants to share this important information to the Stormcloaks. What a scumbag he was. A typical warmongering old fool.

If I was in Tullius shoes I don't think I could live with myself knowing what I know. I would've break my own oath to the Empire to try to stop this war. I would've told Ulfric what I know about the Thalmor therefor possibly ending this war, and potentially join forces to continue the Great war against the Thalmor.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts