Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate
Yes and what did the Imperials sacrifice? The Empire has a history of treating provinces as expendable, Morrowind, Hammerfell, Valenwood(Currently going through a phase of ethnic cleansing, where's the Empire to help them?) and now Skyrim.. This strange concept that the Empire is the only thing capable of stopping the Thalmor and Skyrim is doomed without it, is quite frankly ridiculous. Ulfric's support is mostly from the way the Empire is treating Skyrim, not from the Talos ban(Well, they're sort of two in the same). Manipulating it's own citizens then arresting/sentencing them to death is what's caused the uprising, Imperials seem to forget it was the PEOPLE who sat Ulfric on the throne and cried out for justice/war, he didn't plonk him self on the throne and demand it from them.

The Imperials too sacrificed their right to worship Talos. I'm pretty sure the Thalmor are enforcing the ban in Cyrodiil as well. The Empire's "headquarters" is in Cyrodiil, so they'll defend Cyrodiil first of course? Besides, it wouldn't have changed the outcome in Oblivion if it hadn't been for Martin Septim - an IMPERIAL. Without his sacrifice Tamriel would have been overrun and conquered by Daedra. And, Valenwood? Seriously? Valenwood is Dominion territory. If even a single soldier stepped foot over the border he would be 1.) killed on the spot and 2.) the war would be back on. Remember that Valenwood is not an Imperial province anymore, and neither are Elsweyr/Anequina & Pelletine and the Summerset Isles/Alinor.

Ulfric was never supported by the people (even in Stormcloak territory there are plenty of NPCs who just want peace judging from their dialogue), just his personal army and a few idiots who couldn't keep their mouth shut. Well done, now there's an increased Thalmor presence and there you go, they are driving more members for your little club into Ulfric's arms.
Since it's pretty well known that the Thalmor want to rule Tamriel, and need to defeat the other provinces to achieve that goal, have you ever thought why they are doing their inquisitions? And why many Stormcloaks have a family member "gone missing"? Do you really think the Thalmor would give a damn about what necklaces people are wearing on the other side of the continent if it wouldn't serve them somehow?
Yes they will defend Cyrodill first, and Ulfric wants to defend Skyrim first.. Why is what's okay for the Empire not okay for Skyrim? I am very, very confident that more of Skyrim is against the Empire than for it, Falkreath's Jarl was replaced by a corupt Imperial Jarl, Markarth is owned by Stormcloak supporters, Whiterun is on the fence until Tullius sends false reports, and Morthal doesn't give a damn lol.. Solitude is perhaps the only staunch supporter of the Empire, and even they have citizens that don't like you, hell your armor maker isn't even an Empire supporter lol. Valenwood is now Dominion territory BECAUSE of the Empires ignorance leading up to the great war, which has lead to, like I said before, an ethnic cleansing.. The Thalmor don't want to rule Tamriel, they're attempting to re-attain their supposed Divine status, by cutting off Talos/Lorkhan's hold on Mundus, to do this they need to abolish all Talos/Lorkhan worship so he ceases to exist as a God thus destroying Nirn completely. You're obviously very confused as to what their end game is...

WTF is this dude?

Facts man, facts. How is the Emperor ignorant? He pushed the Thalmor out of Cyrodil and personally led the charge to take back IC. If he's so ignorant than why is the Thalmor not ruling in Cyrodil? besides Thalmor are all cloak and dagger and pl***, there's no defense that can keep them out forever. Fool me once your fault, fool me twice mine sucker. ... And Empire is on the border waiting for them. Where the border is... with CYRODIL. It ain't Skyrim it's C.Y.R.O.D.I.L.

So what is you talking about playa?

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate
Yes and what did the Imperials sacrifice? The Empire has a history of treating provinces as expendable, Morrowind, Hammerfell, Valenwood(Currently going through a phase of ethnic cleansing, where's the Empire to help them?) and now Skyrim.. This strange concept that the Empire is the only thing capable of stopping the Thalmor and Skyrim is doomed without it, is quite frankly ridiculous. Ulfric's support is mostly from the way the Empire is treating Skyrim, not from the Talos ban(Well, they're sort of two in the same). Manipulating it's own citizens then arresting/sentencing them to death is what's caused the uprising, Imperials seem to forget it was the PEOPLE who sat Ulfric on the throne and cried out for justice/war, he didn't plonk him self on the throne and demand it from them.

The Imperials too sacrificed their right to worship Talos. I'm pretty sure the Thalmor are enforcing the ban in Cyrodiil as well. The Empire's "headquarters" is in Cyrodiil, so they'll defend Cyrodiil first of course? Besides, it wouldn't have changed the outcome in Oblivion if it hadn't been for Martin Septim - an IMPERIAL. Without his sacrifice Tamriel would have been overrun and conquered by Daedra. And, Valenwood? Seriously? Valenwood is Dominion territory. If even a single soldier stepped foot over the border he would be 1.) killed on the spot and 2.) the war would be back on. Remember that Valenwood is not an Imperial province anymore, and neither are Elsweyr/Anequina & Pelletine and the Summerset Isles/Alinor.

Ulfric was never supported by the people (even in Stormcloak territory there are plenty of NPCs who just want peace judging from their dialogue), just his personal army and a few idiots who couldn't keep their mouth shut. Well done, now there's an increased Thalmor presence and there you go, they are driving more members for your little club into Ulfric's arms.
Since it's pretty well known that the Thalmor want to rule Tamriel, and need to defeat the other provinces to achieve that goal, have you ever thought why they are doing their inquisitions? And why many Stormcloaks have a family member "gone missing"? Do you really think the Thalmor would give a damn about what necklaces people are wearing on the other side of the continent if it wouldn't serve them somehow?
Yes they will defend Cyrodill first, and Ulfric wants to defend Skyrim first.. Why is what's okay for the Empire not okay for Skyrim? I am very, very confident that more of Skyrim is against the Empire than for it, Falkreath's Jarl was replaced by a corupt Imperial Jarl, Markarth is owned by Stormcloak supporters, Whiterun is on the fence until Tullius sends false reports, and Morthal doesn't give a damn lol.. Solitude is perhaps the only staunch supporter of the Empire, and even they have citizens that don't like you, hell your armor maker isn't even an Empire supporter lol. Valenwood is now Dominion territory BECAUSE of the Empires ignorance leading up to the great war, which has lead to, like I said before, an ethnic cleansing.. The Thalmor don't want to rule Tamriel, they're attempting to re-attain their supposed Divine status, by cutting off Talos/Lorkhan's hold on Mundus, to do this they need to abolish all Talos/Lorkhan worship so he ceases to exist as a God thus destroying Nirn completely. You're obviously very confused as to what their end game is...

Awww hell. We ain't done yet... You guys throw Cyrodil to the wolves, who do you think is going to get they pl*ps ripped up next... Skyrim. You can't hide from the world, killing the Empire *BLAMING EVRYTHING ON THE EMPIRE* will not defeat the Thalmor. Take some responsibility man, Ulfric's way ain't the only way out of this. The solutation is going to take both Skyrim and Cyrodil and Highrock which requires the Empire because Ulfy Daddy doesn't want to work with the Empire. That immed shuts out Highrock and Cyrodil.

As for Whiterun, you don't know Whiterun. Jarl B McBallin would never side with Ulfric, although he wanted to at least have peace with him. Ulfric too from the start of the game, at Windhelm, was planning on making an example out of Jarl B because Jarl B won't kiss Ulfric's a$$. Ulfric's Skyrim would be run by Yes Men and racist thugs.

Ulfric like everyone else who wants to kill the Empire is a Thalmor tool. Now you could try and change the Empire, but first you'd have to think about others to and not just self.

Lewsean

WTF is this dude?

Facts man, facts. How is the Emperor ignorant? He pushed the Thalmor out of Cyrodil and personally led the charge to take back IC. If he's so ignorant than why is the Thalmor not ruling in Cyrodil? besides Thalmor are all cloak and dagger and pl***, there's no defense that can keep them out forever. Fool me once your fault, fool me twice mine sucker. ... And Empire is on the border waiting for them. Where the border is... with CYRODIL. It ain't Skyrim it's C.Y.R.O.D.I.L.

I said Empire, not Emperor. The events leading up to the Great War spanned over 100 years, and two emperors, though your defence of Mede II is cute, it's irelevant.. Read before getting your panties in a twist :p I've also suggested many times the Empire should cut it's losses with Skyrim like it did with Hammerfell, but for some reason you chose to cause chaos in Skyrim in the hopes of keeping hold of what little influence you have left in Tamriel after coming to the conclusion that the very people you've sold out are the people YOU NEED(Yes that's right, YOU NEED US, not the other way around, Morrowind, Hammerfell & Skyrim all despise you, that alliance is much more likely to beat the Thalmor).

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate

WTF is this dude?

I said Empire, not Emperor. The events leading up to the Great War spanned over 100 years, and two emperors, though your defence of Mede II is cute, it's irelevant.. Read before getting your panties in a twist :p I've also suggested many times the Empire should cut it's losses with Skyrim like it did with Hammerfell, but for some reason you chose to cause chaos in Skyrim in the hopes of keeping hold of what little influence you have left in Tamriel.

It don't even matter man, Empire, Emperor... Thalmor want both dead.

100 yrs get reals dude. How much pl*** can happen in a 100 yrs? You know damn well there was other stuff going down in the 200 yrs since Oblivion.

Oh here we go, that's what I'm sayin guy Empire didn't cause chaos in Skyrim? F*** is the matter with you? Ulfric killed the High King, not the Empire... it was YOU guys who are off killing people and oppressing folks who aren't like minded. Empire let Hammerfell and Morrowind go they could have let Skyrim go... Ulfric didn't want that - Ulfric refuses the Moot - He wanted Skyrim for himself. Blood is on your heads for murdering your High King and all these citizens who died because Ulfric thinks he deserves to be High King. I'd rather ban my religion than let all these plp die just so I could claim a title that I doesn't deserve.

And you need to quit frontin and read those gat damn Novels before saying anything about the Mede Dynasty.

Lewsean

WTF is this dude?

I said Empire, not Emperor. The events leading up to the Great War spanned over 100 years, and two emperors, though your defence of Mede II is cute, it's irelevant.. Read before getting your panties in a twist :p I've also suggested many times the Empire should cut it's losses with Skyrim like it did with Hammerfell, but for some reason you chose to cause chaos in Skyrim in the hopes of keeping hold of what little influence you have left in Tamriel.

100 yrs get reals dude. How much pl*** can happen in a 100 yrs? You know damn well there was other stuff going down in the 200 yrs since Oblivion.

Oh here we go, that's what I'm sayin guy Empire didn't cause chaos in Skyrim? F*** is the matter with you? Ulfric killed the High King, not the Empire... it was YOU guys who are off killing people and oppressing folks who aren't like minded. Empire let Hammerfell and Morrowind go they could have let Skyrim go... Ulfric didn't want that - Ulfric refuses the Moot - He wanted Skyrim for himself. Blood is on your heads for murdering your High King and all these citizens who died because Ulfric thinks he deserves to be High King. I'd rather ban my religion than let all these plp die just so I could claim a title that I doesn't deserve.

And you need to quit frontin and read those gat damn Novels before saying anything about the Mede Dynasty.
I was just pointing it out because I don't dislike Mede II at all, but the Empire as a whole failed immensely leading up to the Great War. A duel to the death wasn't exactly a shock in Nordic tradition, which has been stressed a lot over the past few pages, everybody, including Pro-Imperials knew what happened at the time was very legal, hence the reason Ulfric strolled out of Solitude without any interference. It is maginified because the Empire needs all the help it can get right now due to the issues signing the WGC has caused, without Skyrim, Cyrodill has no allies whatsoever surrounding it's borders. Without the Empires backing, Elisif wouldn't stand a chance in hell of becoming High Queen, Ulfric would more than likely have been declared High King if the Empire wasn't involved.

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate

I was just pointing it out because I don't dislike Mede II at all, but the Empire as a whole failed immensely leading up to the Great War. A duel to the death wasn't exactly a shock in Nordic tradition, which has been stressed a lot over the past few pages, everybody, including Pro-Imperials knew what happened at the time was very legal, hence the reason Ulfric strolled out of Solitude without any interference. It is maginified because the Empire needs all the help it can get right now due to the issues signing the WGC has caused, without Skyrim, Cyrodill has no allies whatsoever surrounding it's borders. Without the Empires backing, Elisif wouldn't stand a chance in hell of becoming High Queen, Ulfric would more than likely have been declared High King if the Empire wasn't involved.

"It failed immensively"

Not according to Infernal City and Lord of Souls.

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate

By Nord traditions Elisif is tha Rightful High Queen.

Hehehe Guess it's time to shout her down too huh? To prove Ulfric's weakened condition.

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate

If the Empire needs all the help it can get than why is you killing plp trying to help it?

Lewsean

By Nord traditions Elisif is tha Rightful High Queen.

Hehehe Guess it's time to shout her down too huh?
No she isn't. If she was then she would be.. lol

If the Empire needs all the help it can get than why is you killing plp trying to help it?
Because they're in Skyrim. Ulfric said him self war with Cyrodill isn't on the table, the Stormcloaks just want the Empires interferance out of Skyrim for good so they can live how they want to live.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
The Thalmor don't want to rule Tamriel, they're attempting to re-attain their supposed Divine status, by cutting off Talos/Lorkhan's hold on Mundus, to do this they need to abolish all Talos/Lorkhan worship so he ceases to exist as a God thus destroying Nirn completely. You're obviously very confused as to what their end game is...

They seek to recreate a new Merethic Era. With Elves in control of Tamriel. The whole abolish Talos/Lorkhan end the world etc. That hasn't been canonically established. It is a 50/50 as to what their goal is, at the moment the destruction of the Empire ranks number one.

Lewsean

The Thalmor don't want to rule Tamriel, they're attempting to re-attain their supposed Divine status, by cutting off Talos/Lorkhan's hold on Mundus, to do this they need to abolish all Talos/Lorkhan worship so he ceases to exist as a God thus destroying Nirn completely. You're obviously very confused as to what their end game is...

They seek to recreate a new Merethic Era. With Elves in control of Tamriel. The whole abolish Talos/Lorkhan end the world etc. That hasn't been canonically established. It is a 50/50 as to what their goal is, at the moment the destruction of the Empire ranks number one.
You're correct, but you've got to admit that is where every TES game is taking us, correct me if I'm wrong but every TES game has meant the deactivation of each Tower in Tamriel. The "Sons of Talos", basically men, are an obstacle that must be wiped out of existance, not by death but the very notion of man must be destroyed. Lorkhan is the the God of mankind, Talos is now Lorkhan so ceasing the worship of Talos is seen as a step towards that end game and possibly the way to deactivate the Snow Throat tower, as it is believed in Nordic tradition that Kyne(Wife of Shor, Shor being the Nordic version of Lorkhan) literally gave breath to man from the Throat of The World.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
You're correct, but you've got to admit that is where every TES game is taking us, correct me if I'm wrong but every TES game has meant the deactivation of each Tower in Tamriel. The "Sons of Talos", basically men, are an obstacle that must be wiped out of existance, not by death but the very notion of man must be destroyed. Lorkhan is the the God of mankind, Talos is now Lorkhan so ceasing the worship of Talos is seen as a step towards that end game and possibly the way to deactivate the Snow Throat tower, as it is believed in Nordic tradition that Kyne(Wife of Shor, Shor being the Nordic version of Lorkhan) literally gave breath to man from the Throat of The World.

Skyrim's tower is already gone, Ulfric managed that before the game takes place. That is how Alduin was able to arrive.

When the Snow Tower lies sundered, kingless, bleeding

Lewsean

Skyrim's tower is already gone, Ulfric managed that before the game takes place. That is how Alduin was able to arrive.

No it isn't. Nobody knows if the tower is active or not. Lots of theories, one of which is the Stone is the Heart of Lorkhan, and seeing as how it's impossible to destroy that's why the Thalmor are attempting to destroy the idea of Lorkhan. Tiresome to have to reply to you pointing out my post is non canonical only for you to reply with something that is non canonical... :sleepyface:
Besdies, that prophecy is the Dragonborn's prophecy, "The snow tower lies sundered, kingless, bleeding" makes no referance to the deactivation.

"When the thrice-blessed fail and the Red Tower trembles"
"When the Dragonborn Ruler loses his throne, and the White Tower falls"
Both referances to the Tower's falling.

J

Jeremius

No it isn't. Nobody knows if the tower is active or not. Lots of theories, one of which is the Stone is the Heart of Lorkhan, and seeing as how it's impossible to destroy that's why the Thalmor are attempting to destroy the idea of Lorkhan. Tiresome to have to reply to you pointing out my post is non canonical only for you to reply with something that is non canonical... :sleepyface:
Besdies, that prophecy is the Dragonborn's prophecy, "The snow tower lies sundered, kingless, bleeding" makes no referance to the deactivation.

There is no mention of WHAT the Snow Tower is. To me it means when Skyrim itself is at war, which makes the Civil War all the more important. Unity can be a tower as well.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage

Yes yes, and White-Gold Tower is a mini Mundas, representing the wheel and spokes of convention. Making it the most powerful, and the only one that can reverse the damages.

Wonderful theory, except for a tower to be "Kingless and bleeding" that seems to refer to the Nords. Another wonderful theory is that the stone is a Dragon (Alduin or Paarthy). TES theories are often endless, and more often than not the truth is far more simple.

Neither does "tremble" and "walks". The prophecy is in riddles. What do you think sundered means? The tower lies sundered. 'Sundered, Kingless, Bleeding' doesn't really leave much to say it is working fine.

Trembles, not fall.

Last edited:

Lewsean

There is no mention of WHAT the Snow Tower is. To me it means when Skyrim itself is at war, which makes the Civil War all the more important. Unity can be a tower as well.
I know, but everything points to the explanation I gave previously, in regards to what the Thalmor think and what seems most logical. Manking being born there, Thalmor seeing mortality and mankind as a curse, Lorkhan being the cause of that curse, etc etc etc..

J

Jeremius

I know, but everything points to the explanation I gave previously, in regards to what the Thalmor think and what seems most logical. Manking being born there, Thalmor seeing mortality and mankind as a curse, Lorkhan being the cause of that curse, etc etc etc..
Except that all of that is truly just a guess. Granted that is logical, but still just a guess.

Lewsean

Yes yes, and White-Gold Tower is a mini Mundas, representing the wheel and spokes of convention. Making it the most powerful, and the only one that can reverse the damages.

Wonderful theory, except for a tower to be "Kingless and bleeding" that seems to refer to the Nords. Another wonderful theory is that the stone is a Dragon (Alduin or Paarthy). TES theories are often endless, and more often than not the truth is far more simple.

I was actually pondering the same with the Dragon theory, and it's relation to the time wound and such. Whatever the case may be, it certainly seems like this Kalpa, or Nirn its self is coming to and soon. Deep down I hope the PC in Skyrim has some sort of effect later on(Or a person of the same power), being the Shezzarine and Dragonborn at once, taking back the Ruby Throne to reactivate the White Tower and at the same time fulfilling the destiny of the Shezzarine to be the savior of mankind by halting the Thalmor's plans. Very interesting.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I think there will either be a Dragon Break or some really big disaster in Skyrim. Messing around with three Elder Scrolls, and a time wound + defeating Alduin probably will have some reaction.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
At least I would die with pleasure ;) Elenwen has access to those kinky torture dungeon chambers in her basement :D

More like slitting your throat and dumping you in some ditch just out of sight from Helgen. Then suddenly being extremely interested in examining a plant for an hour, with their backs to Ulfric as he runs off.

Once more the hero Ulfric Stormcloak escaping valiantly from the clutches of the Thalmor, thwarting their devious plans of educating him in various aspects of Skyrim flora.

Though you could get lucky and they decide to torture you, I'm sure you would enjoy Elenwen's special treatment. Bit of a love/hate relationship, she's pretty hot I suppose. Even if she is a psychopathic bitch with no remorse.

Last edited:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts