Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Tosh Raka

Tiger Dragon of Ka'Po'Tun
the only way the empire would have a chance is if the Emperor who came after mede grew a backbone. and Mede is only accepting his fate because he knew he would be defeated. Torygg knew the same thing, but still fought Ulfric. Point is: Mede is a coward who will not fight because he sees things as hopeless and would likely make concessions to the Thalmor if they were to push him.

He accepted his fate because it's foolish to run from the dark brotherhood.
But he also knew his decisions (no matter how u interpret them) could not be taken back, and he was justified in his cause.

If we take a look at the facts objectively:

-he came to Skyrim knowing the place was at war, and knowing they killed his cousin and his high ranking personal guards own son.
-he knew there were dragons
-he placed himself on a boat, yet did not leave when his doppelgänger was killed.

Prior to events in skyrim, Titus Mede II had just signed the concordat following a bloody and strenuous campaign to take back the imperial city.

If you had spent every last bit of strength fighting to take back your homeland, would u continue the war to conquer a foreign land? Titus had two options. fight with a depleted exhausted Army and attempt a conquest of Khajiit, Bosmer, land, following a navy assault of summer set isle, or take the agreement which outlawed a God, a god mind u that people could still worship at home. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
the only way the empire would have a chance is if the Emperor who came after mede grew a backbone. and Mede is only accepting his fate because he knew he would be defeated. Torygg knew the same thing, but still fought Ulfric. Point is: Mede is a coward who will not fight because he sees things as hopeless and would likely make concessions to the Thalmor if they were to push him.

Mede was also much older then Torygg. As I said, going up against a trained Assassin is foolish. By the time Mede could have reached his weapon, an excellent Assassin would dealt the final blow. You proved how skilled you were by killing all others aboard the ship, so what chance did he have, really?

J

Jeremius

anyways, i am going to get back to saying that neither of the candidates should be in charge of Skyrim and that Skyrim should be ruled by each Jarl in their own hold, only coming together to talk about going to war or not.

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.
Stormcloaks.

I went with them because I just can't live in a world without Talos. Also, the Imperials are like, "Hey, prisoner. We're executing Stormcloaks. You're not a Stormcloak, but eff you, we'll kill you anyway lol rainbow power."

Although, my Imperial character joining the anti-Empire Stormcloaks did seem a bit off.

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr
Am I the only one who think Torygg got what was coming to him? The white-gold concordant is all well and good for Cyrodill, but for the High king of Skyrim to support the Thalmor cracking down on Talos worshippers, especially after the Alik'r of Hammerfell proved that the Thalmor have weaknesses. It's no wonder Ulfric killed him.

I've said it before, but when you take away people's rights to practise their religion, then there will be blood. If Torygg had have declared independance then he'd still be alive.

I know that Skyrim needs trade with Cyrodill and doesn't want a war with them etc. However it was foolish for the empire and the jarls that support it to think that the people of skyrim are going to welcome Thalmor agents roaming around.

I don't agree that Mede is a coward. He did what was neccessary to stop his people being slaughtered. I do think that Torygg and Elisif are. Everyone blames Ulfric, but Torygg could have stopped the civil war. It may have started a war against Cyrodill or the Dominion, but it would be a war that Skyrim could win.

If the empire can barely defeat The Stormcloaks without the help of the Dovahkiin, then I doubt they could defeat a united Skyrim. And neither could the Thalmor.

For those that don't want to read my rant, I'm basically saying it was all Torygg's fault, not Ulfric's!

clastix

Dragonborn is straying from the path of good.
And I lack the faith that Ulfric would make a decent High King and and really put the people of Skyrim before himself. Oh wait, I know he wouldn't make a decent High King. I have more faith in a government that is willing to make compromises in order to not shed more blood versus a power hungry racist. But, that's just me.

Ulfric is in it for himself, theres no question, and I believe the stormcloaks would eventually get rid of him by killing him. The Empire on the other hand would never kill their emperor and they would never go against the Thalmor, with the stormcloaks first order of business would be to genocide the Thalmor, then eventually they would assassinate Ulfric. Stormcloaks still better in my opinion. Freedom is freedom, just because Ulfric is racist doesnt mean the rest of the stormcloaks would treat the rest of skyrim the same way.

Flint firestorm

The leading man, who else?
The Empire on the other hand would never kill their emperor
I think you should do the dark brotherhood quest line
Ulfric is in it for himself, theres no question, and I believe the stormcloaks would eventually get rid of him by killing him.
then we would be left with a government similar to the Roman empire in post 100 AD where when they had an emperor they didn't like the army would kill them and move on. Skyrim would become a military dictatorship. Besides the stormcloaks are not soldiers there volunteers who only joined to rid skyrim of the empire and/ or the thalmer. Once that's done why would they stay in the army?

Flint firestorm

The leading man, who else?
I went with them because I just can't live in a world without Talos. Also, the Imperials are like, "Hey, prisoner. We're executing Stormcloaks. You're not a Stormcloak, but eff you, we'll kill you anyway lol rainbow power."
It wasn't the imperials who decided to kill you it was the one officer who didnt care about you.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Am I the only one who think Torygg got what was coming to him? The white-gold concordant is all well and good for Cyrodill, but for the High king of Skyrim to support the Thalmor cracking down on Talos worshippers, especially after the Alik'r of Hammerfell proved that the Thalmor have weaknesses. It's no wonder Ulfric killed him.

I've said it before, but when you take away people's rights to practise their religion, then there will be blood. If Torygg had have declared independance then he'd still be alive.

I know that Skyrim needs trade with Cyrodill and doesn't want a war with them etc. However it was foolish for the empire and the jarls that support it to think that the people of skyrim are going to welcome Thalmor agents roaming around.

I don't agree that Mede is a coward. He did what was neccessary to stop his people being slaughtered. I do think that Torygg and Elisif are. Everyone blames Ulfric, but Torygg could have stopped the civil war. It may have started a war against Cyrodill or the Dominion, but it would be a war that Skyrim could win.

If the empire can barely defeat The Stormcloaks without the help of the Dovahkiin, then I doubt they could defeat a united Skyrim. And neither could the Thalmor.

For those that don't want to read my rant, I'm basically saying it was all Torygg's fault, not Ulfric's!

Thalmor agents were not walking around arresting people until Ulfric murdered Torygg. That's very clear in game. I believe Alvor in Riverwood even says something to that extent.

And started a war against Cyrodiil? The Empire IS Cryodiil. So, basically, the Stormcloaks are fighting against Cryodiil in some sense.

And the Stormcloaks can't defeat the Empire without the help of the Dovakiin either.

J

Jeremius

Thalmor agents were not walking around arresting people until Ulfric murdered Torygg. That's very clear in game. I believe Alvor in Riverwood even says something to that extent.

And started a war against Cyrodiil? The Empire IS Cryodiil. So, basically, the Stormcloaks are fighting against Cryodiil in some sense.

And the Stormcloaks can't defeat the Empire without the help of the Dovakiin either.

honestly, i believe Alvor said the White-gold Concordant is the reason they are there, but they have never bothered to actually go out till Ulfric killed Torygg, but there is no right or wrong way to go about which side to choose.

clastix

Dragonborn is straying from the path of good.
I think you should do the dark brotherhood quest line
then we would be left with a government similar to the Roman empire in post 100 AD where when they had an emperor they didn't like the army would kill them and move on. Skyrim would become a military dictatorship. Besides the stormcloaks are not soldiers there volunteers who only joined to rid skyrim of the empire and/ or the thalmer. Once that's done why would they stay in the army?

I did do the dark brotherhood questline, thats just one guy who wanted the emperor dead for his own gain nothing more, not the actual Empire.

I hear the Romans had some of the best parties back in the day, wouldnt mind girls of skyrim partying like that .. but in all honesty, I think the stormcloaks have more guts than the Imperial soldiers because they're not afraid to die for what they believe in, freedom. If the Imperial soldiers were as brave then we would see rebel Imperial troops fighting against the Empire, but we dont see that b/c they are afraid of the Thalmor.

Ritterkreuz

I don't see why it shouldn't be possible to have Thalmor War DLC. Personally I'd love any DLC that includes the Thalmor.

In fact I'd be really surprised if there wasn't. Skyrim as of right now feels unfinished to me. I at least wanted to see either Elisif or Ulfric be crowned for my troubles. But the moot never happens. .

Frankly, and not to sound to egotistical here, but the most deserving person to be High King is the Dragonborn. He/she by the time you put in fifty or so hours of game play already holds several positions, has achieved victory for one side or another, and has slain Alduin. Who better for the people of Skyrim to unite behind.

Ritterkreuz

I look at it like the politics of star wars, rebels = good, empire = bad. Empire controlled by the dark side. And even in the story of star wars, darth vader used to be one of the good guys and he turned bad .. Ulfrich = pretending to be a freedom fighter but more than likely will turn bad through ego and gain.

That's the brilliance of Bethesda though, it's not as black and white as Star Wars. Both sides have their merits and the downfalls, which leaves us to decide and debate the issues.

install a true emperor, spread true freedom, and let skyrim prosper without the Thalmor having any say or living to see another day.

Again, I site the Dark Brotherhood quest line, stop reading if you haven't finished yet. With Titus Mede II now gone who knows what his successor might be like. We could get a truly horrible emperor like Caligula, or a truly successful one like his Uncle Claudius who succeeded in Britain, a place even Julius Caesar himself could not conquer.

If Bethesda chooses to to do another DLC, there's a lot of directions they could go with this if they choose.

Stormcloaks.

I swear every time I get back on after a while someone else brings this up so what some Pi$$Y little B***H wants you dead, just go with Ralof and kill her and be done with it Besides she has better armor than the Stormcloaks that you run into if you use heavy armor. One officer doesn't show what the whole empire is like anyway.

Frankly, and not to sound to egotistical here, but the most deserving person to be High King is the Dragonborn. He/she by the time you put in fifty or so hours of game play already holds several positions, has achieved victory for one side or another, and has slain Alduin. Who better for the people of Skyrim to unite behind.

The Dovahkiin can't because they are not a Jarl and therefore can't be elected as King King or Queen. And this is my theory as to why the Dovahkiin is never named a Jarl even though they are instrumental in the war. Elisif or Ulfric wouldn't be elected as High King or Queen if the Dovahkiin was able to become a Jarl in any hold. Skyrim would unite under the Dovahkiin instead like they did for Talos. True Nords would see the Dovahkiin and bow down because the Dovahkiin embodies everything that Skyrim is. And both the Empire and Ulfric realize that they have weakened positions in Skyrim with the reappearance of the Dragonborn and seek to limit their power.

Ulfric is racist doesnt mean the rest of the stormcloaks would treat the rest of skyrim the same way.

Don't play this video if uncouth/harsh/foul/swearing language or lack of Political Correctness offends you. Or you have the sense of humor of a wet sponge.

Everyone is racist in their own province (Cyrodiil with the exception because of the melting pot culture) I mean remember Morrowind the Dunmer treated everyone else like second class citizens or even making them slaves. So I hate the Ulfric is racist thing because almost EVERYONE in Tamriel is to some extent. (Just like the Avenue Q song XD) The Nords gave them Solstheim and a place in their oldest city when Vvardenfell erupted and the Argonians invaded. But they refuse to adapt to the local culture in Windhelm. You would expect anyone to be bitter then, and bitterness often turns into racism. The Dunmer in Riften are treated a lot better because they adapted. Listen to the Dunmer and Nords on some of the outlying farms they even say that. But I agree with everything else you said.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
It wasn't the imperials who decided to kill you it was the one officer who didnt care about you.
The officer? Next thing you know she'll be executing a boy for catching butterflies while Ulfric is passing by. I was seriously expecting Tullius to go, "Hey a Nord in rags? Lemme talk to you officer for a moment...." But nooooooo..... He just went on ranting on how Ulfric is a hero in Helgen blah blah blah.
TULLIUS!!!

WHY YOU NO SAVE ME!

The officer? Next thing you know she'll be executing a boy for catching butterflies while Ulfric is passing by. I was seriously expecting Tullius to go, "Hey a Nord in rags? Lemme talk to you officer for a moment...." But nooooooo..... He just went on ranting on how Ulfric is a hero in Helgen blah blah blah.
TULLIUS!!!

WHY YOU NO SAVE ME!

Maybe Tullius thought you were the horse thief's accomplice and saw your head as one less horse thief. Or just saw that your character looked like the sad-forever-alone-face and decided Tamriel would be better off if you didn't have a head so you wouldn't scare small children with it. :D

SprSynJn

I went and had my first talk with Ulfric, and I'm not really pleased with the guy. Hearing all the good that the Nords speak of him, I would've expected someone less...inclined to kill off his brethren. I've grown quite fond of the Jarl of Whiterun, and to hear Ulfric speak of him in such a way that he is easily dispensable, that's not cool with me. I've yet to take a trip to Solitude mind you, but I'm expecting the same type of talk when I do.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts