Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr
I don't want this thread to devolve to a thread about how Ohio sucks because of me :oops: but, I have lived in Ohio all my life and i have never met anyone who likes it here.

It sounds kind of like America's Hjaalmarch. Tasmania is a bit like Australia's winterhold sans college. Not many people live here and it's always cold.

Tosh Raka

Tiger Dragon of Ka'Po'Tun
Poor Titus Mede II.

At lest he had balls. I feel like regardless of which side you chose, canon usually points to a decision that doesn't effect the universe and falls in the middle of your choices and allows interpretations.

Because the final decision is moot based I believe canon will actually allow 2 things. 1 neither is crowned high king/queen. 2 a change in the empire will come about. Specifically I think your character (as outrageous as it sounds) will become the next emperor. Dragonborn have a habit of doing so (Tiber septim, reman cyrodiil, Alesia etc.)... Hmm. Something to ponder on.

Ritterkreuz

@ the discussion on page 62:

It isn't just about Talos, it is that they are taking away something important to the Nords and who is to say it won't continue? You have to nip it in the bud, you know? The only problem with the Stormcloaks is that their leader is a racist idiot and hates everyone else but Nords. Simple solution would be to kill Ulfric and establish someone who could lead the Stormcloaks through a less hateful way.

I'm an Imperial supporter myself, but as I've indicated in several of my posts if the Rebellion was lead by someone more rational then it would make the Stormcloaks far more appealing. The biggest detriment to the Stormcloaks is it's leadership, Ulfric the disgruntled racist, and Galmor the blood thirsty.

I get where the Stormcloak supporters are coming from, but in light of the current events of the game this is the Wrong time for the Rebellion, and Ulfric is no George Washington.

The Empire needs to learn to stop being labdogs to the Thalmor, and then they are all butterflies and kisses.

Remember, the White-Gold Concordat may suck, but it was the best the Empire could get. The Elves were deep into Imperial Territory, and allowing the war to go on could have had devastating results. For now at least the Thalmor are only flexing their influence on Skyrim, the alternative could have been all out occupation.

I was playing Skyrim today and I couldn't bring myself to join the Stormcloaks because of their racism problems. On both profiles I'm not a Nord. I'm a Wood Elf and a Khajiit. So the racism is just...ugh. :sadface:

Now I think I'll join the Imperials, especially since I'm hoping an addon will arrive to for each side to "finish" it off.

An add-on in which there is a war with the Elves would be awesome.

Ritterkreuz

Poor Titus Mede II.

At lest he had balls. I feel like regardless of which side you chose, canon usually points to a decision that doesn't effect the universe and falls in the middle of your choices and allows interpretations.

Because the final decision is moot based I believe canon will actually allow 2 things. 1 neither is crowned high king/queen. 2 a change in the empire will come about. Specifically I think your character (as outrageous as it sounds) will become the next emperor. Dragonborn have a habit of doing so (Tiber septim, reman cyrodiil, Alesia etc.)... Hmm. Something to ponder on.

Spoiler Alert for those who haven't done the Dark Brotherhood Quests yet, don't read further:

Poor Titus Mede II indeed, he's a fellow Talos worshiper, suffering the same injustices as his people. In fact I have no doubt that the treaty plays a large part of the motivation of those who contacted the Dark Brotherhood. I get the real impression that he did the best that he could under the circumstances. We're given no clue as to what his successor may be like. Hopefully he's a military genius who can crush the Thalmor altogether.

osheao

Thanks for bringing it back before that troll started attacking the Doctor Who guy and ruined this line of discussion. I think I agree with you, the only reservation I have about the Stormcloaks is their leader. I personally think the Dovahkiin would make a better leader, and just like Tiber Septim himself, he/she'd be able to conquer the rest of the world and make the empire great again!

well my nordic dovahkiin is happy to join the stormcloaks, however my Dunmer Dovahkiin is happy to join the Empire, as he believes they're the best chance for his people. The Stormcloaks have been bad for the Dunmer and he shudders to think what would happen if Ulfric were made high king. While he hates the Thalmor as much as any Nord, it doesn't really make a difference if the oppressing is done by Altmer or Nord, it's still oppression. The empire is the best chance for the Dunmer people.

lol! i'm not a troll, but, i was acting foolish. oh well. 11th hour, on the other hand, has a trouble with basic logic and comprehension. he acts like a little kid.

Ilrita

The Imperial Storm
Ritterkreuz:

I haven't played many Elder Scroll games and I just recently got into Skyrim, so there is a lot of stuff I need to learn. So I only know a bit about Skyrim and the Thalmor. :oops:

An add-on in which there is a war with the Elves would be awesome.

I wonder if anything like that would be possible with DLC. Hmm...

Unit7

I don't see why it shouldn't be possible to have Thalmor War DLC. Personally I'd love any DLC that includes the Thalmor.

In fact I'd be really surprised if there wasn't. Skyrim as of right now feels unfinished to me. I at least wanted to see either Elisif or Ulfric be crowned for my troubles. But the moot never happens. At least as far as I know. It feels like this ending to the quest feels like a perfect chance to include Thalmor intervention. Like just as Ulfric is about to be Crowned the place is swarmed with Thalmor or if Imperials win then Thalmor are in even greater numbers within Skyrim. Maybe even a quest by the Empire to scout out an old ruin and realize you have just become a butcher for the Thalmor as you see a bunch of innocent talos worshipers.

or something.

But at the end of the day I just want to kill more Thalmor.

Ilrita

The Imperial Storm
Wouldn't the DLC have to be large to include something like that? I guess I just assumed that kind of thing would have to be released on a physical bluray/DVD.

Bira96

I usually pick the imperials. The stormcloak's are just a group of racists. Is it really any coincidence that the capital of all Stormcloak activity is also the city that harbours the most racism against Non-nord's in the entire province? I think not. It doesn't help that most of their soldiers yell out "Skyrim belongs to the Nords!" in battle and support a heir to the throne that has absolutely no right to it via the royal family or connections to royalty. Even the developer's seem to discourage the player from joining the Stormcloak's. During the questline, you get accused of treason and deception in Whiterun, and greeted with a heartbreaking overthrow of a beloved jarl during the seige for the city. While on the imperial side, no one points a finger at you and cries "traitor!" , and when you overthrow Ulfric, he is treated like a criminal, murderer and downright devil before he is executed, with none of his supporter's to call out in despair. Granted, the imperial's can come off as control freaks, and it is unfair that the stormcloak's are dragged off, beaten and thrown in jail just for worshipping their own gods, but the imperial's don't exactly think it's right either. They fought a bloody war with the thalmor with it after all. But in order to survive, they had to agree to outlaw Talos. The stormcloak's should be picking fights with the Thalmor, not the empire. Even though it is obvious that Elsif is far from queen material, and Ulfric really does care about his cause, it really is just a matter of who has more right for me. That's what I love about Skyrim; no one is purely evil or purely good, (Okay, maybe except Alduin, and the vampires) the issues the player faces is just as complex as real life. There's no obvious heroes or villians, and for good cause or not, you have to pick sides based on your own judgement.

Orange_

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa! Watch the magic!
The Imperials seem a little more level headed than the Stormcloaks, but I can never think of a good reason to join them after they tried to decapitate me. Even that guy in the beginning who tries to be all buddy, buddy during the escape is a bitch. I don't care if he would have felt bad to watch my head cut off since I wasn't on the list, it was still going to happen. If anything, the lack of conviction to stand up for his morals and tell the captain to fluff off when she said I was going to be executed makes him even worse.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
The Imperials seem a little more level headed than the Stormcloaks, but I can never think of a good reason to join them after they tried to decapitate me. Even that guy in the beginning who tries to be all buddy, buddy during the escape is a bitch. I don't care if he would have felt bad to watch my head cut off since I wasn't on the list, it was still going to happen. If anything, the lack of conviction to stand up for his morals and tell the captain to fu** off when she said I was going to be executed makes him even worse.

Then you don't know anything about how military works. He couldn't just tell his superior to 'fluff off'. That's not how it works. I'm sure had it been reversed, and the Stormies caught you with some Imperials, then you'd be taken to the chopping block as well.

Orange_

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa! Watch the magic!
I've been in the military. People that haven't only think you can't question obviously stupid orders. lol, not everyone is a hardened killer with a heart of coal.

Tosh Raka

Tiger Dragon of Ka'Po'Tun
Would be nice, but I don't see that happening. When you look at the physicality of the map of Tamriel, the Aldmeri Dominion is to the southwest of the continent while skyrim lies to the north. Because Hammerfell resisted and drew the thalmor to a ceasefire, I don't see where a large enough force could come by land to fight skyrim. If by navy, that would leave the lands of the Aldmeri dominion open to invasion as it would take a large force to invade skyrim.

That. Being said, I don't think elisif or ulfric deserve the title of high king but instead should be given to... I dunno, the guy/gal who stopped alduin?? Just sayin.

J

Jeremius

Then you don't know anything about how military works. He couldn't just tell his superior to 'fu** off'. That's not how it works. I'm sure had it been reversed, and the Stormies caught you with some Imperials, then you'd be taken to the chopping block as well.

then things are black and white in this game Empire are the good guys with evil paranoia that makes people think you should be there (Even though General T says your being on the block was a mistake, he says it sarcastically) and the stormcloaks are the racist pigs with good intentions of freeing Skyrim from the Tyranny of ELVES.

clastix

Dragonborn is straying from the path of good.
Elisif being the new high queen of skyrim is a bloody nightmare (Says it in an Aussie accent) oh the humanity.

I wouldnt mind Elisif being the high queen, under stormcloak rule of course :) . My dragonborn would give up his dragonborness to be the highking and marry her. with all the looted and stolen jewelry the storm cloaks took off the empire. Give her two bodyguards from the Dark Brotherhood, a thane from the thieves guild. A court wizard from winterhold. and Cicero as the personal court jester.

clastix

Dragonborn is straying from the path of good.
I'm an Imperial supporter myself, but as I've indicated in several of my posts if the Rebellion was lead by someone more rational then it would make the Stormcloaks far more appealing. The biggest detriment to the Stormcloaks is it's leadership, Ulfric the disgruntled racist, and Galmor the blood thirsty.

I get where the Stormcloak supporters are coming from, but in light of the current events of the game this is the Wrong time for the Rebellion, and Ulfric is no George Washington.

I can see how and why people dont like Ulfrich, I dont care much for the guy myself. Im actually hoping in a DLC he can be overthrown or killed so a new stormcloak leader can emerge, maybe someone from the companions who have good intentions? ..

I look at it like the politics of star wars, rebels = good, empire = bad. Empire controlled by the dark side. And even in the story of star wars, darth vader used to be one of the good guys and he turned bad .. Ulfrich = pretending to be a freedom fighter but more than likely will turn bad through ego and gain.

Just the way I look at it. To me the Thalmor are nothing more than a shadow govt expressing their control through intellectual influence, and magic bullying. The empire will always be at their whim and control. Who knows, maybe the stormcloaks could turn into a new empire and lose their rebel feel, but spreading freedom. Im sure if you get rid of Ulfrich, the rest of the storm cloaks are not going to go on about their racism or hatred of other races. They are just probably kissing up to Ulfrich to stay on his good side because he's a power hungry maniac and if felt betrayed by them he would probably kill them. Join StormCloaks, Beg beg for a DLC to overthrow Ulfrich, lead a new stormcloak govt, install a true emperor, spread true freedom, and let skyrim prosper without the Thalmor having any say or living to see another day.

azali100

I look at it like the politics of star wars, rebels = good, empire = bad. Empire controlled by the dark side. And even in the story of star wars, darth vader used to be one of the good guys and he turned bad .. Ulfrich = pretending to be a freedom fighter but more than likely will turn bad through ego and gain.

More like the American Civil War. Stormcloak=CSA Empire=USA.

osheao

i wouldn't care much if elisef died. her main man died as a traitor to skyrim. she is the
Then you don't know anything about how military works. He couldn't just tell his superior to 'fu** off'. That's not how it works. I'm sure had it been reversed, and the Stormies caught you with some Imperials, then you'd be taken to the chopping block as well.

you really need to stfu. i'll give you, me being a drunk belligerent idiot, but, you don't have that as an excuse, bitch.