Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Nearly every Thalmor that has a name dies. Leave your name tags at home it seems.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
The Empire overestimated the Dominion's strength when they signed the treaty. Should be interesting in the next war when they invade the Aldmeri Dominion, we'll see how well the Thalmor hold up when facing the Legions on the attack.

Thalmor had trouble with being attacked when the Legions were able to mobilize.

The Imperial Legions under General Decianus met them outside Skaven in a bloody and indecisive clash. Decianus withdrew and left Arannelya in possession of Skaven, but the Aldmeri were too weakened to continue their advance.

In Hammerfell, General Decianus was preparing to drive the Aldmeri back from Skaven when he was ordered to march for Cyrodiil. Unwilling to abandon Hammerfell completely, he allowed a great number of "invalids" to be discharged from the Legions before they marched east. These veterans formed the core of the army that eventually drove Lady Arannelya's forces back across the Alik'r late in 174, taking heavy losses on their retreat from harassing attacks by the Alik'r warriors.

Titus II led the assault from the north, personally capturing Lord Naarifin. It is rumored the Emperor wielded the famed sword Goldbrand, although this has never been officially confirmed by the Imperial government. An attempt by the Aldmeri to break out of the city to the south was blocked by the unbreakable shieldwall of General Jonna's battered legions. In the end, the main Aldmeri army in Cyrodiil was completely destroyed.

Once the Legions were able to get formed up they kicked ass. The Aldmeri had the surprise advantage and pushing Imperial forces back before they could properly mobilize.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Fun fact: Under the Septim Empire, Necromancers who had provided a service to the Empire were given corpses of criminals and traitors to use legally. Had Ulfric been arrested for treason under the Septim's his body could end up in some Necromancer's experiments.

NENALATA

Last King of the Ayleids - RETIRED
Yeah my recommendation on that, is go ahead and mount that bastard's head on a pike along with Galmars, facing WEST from the IC as a warning. Then, cremate their bodies in the Skyforge and dump the remaining ashes into the Sea of Ghosts.

When the flesh has decayed off the heads, mount the Skulls on the wall as trophies somewhere in the IC Throne Room. Or we could put them in the temple where Talos's emblem once stood.

That "Dragon Crown" you find should be given to Elisif and she should be forced to wear it, after all this which is to her benefit as well... Otherwise those two losers might get a little company...

Yeah... I'm one sick fl*ff

He-He-He

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Quentin: "Already taken care of."
Balgruuf: "You Imperials are efficient, I'll give you that."

The Imperials have been fighting wars over three Empires. War is what we're good at.

Rimfaxe96

Should be interesting in the next war when they invade the Aldmeri Dominion, we'll see how well the Thalmor hold up when facing the Legions on the attack.

Unless they don't invade but rather face each other at the borders for full out war.
I had Igmund, the Imperial Jarl of Markarth at my Diplomatic Immunity-party, and he said that he heard rumors about the Thalmor gathering their men and stuff. If that's true they might count on yet another surprise attack, but at least the Legion is already waiting for them. It will be rather interesting, no doubt about that. After all the winner gets basically all of Tamriel now that both factions are at their feet.

Should the "Jar Theory" about the Thalmor be true, I still wonder about their next steps should they be successful. Next to the extermination of the human race wouldn't they also need to get rid of the Khajiit and the Hist? They might not be connected to Lorkhan and his favourite human beings but they're still a part of the mortal world and for example the Khajiit still depend heavily on the moons etc. The Hist on the other hand might have even lived through the last world before it ended, or something like that.

NENALATA

Cyrodil is weak and I worry that the Imperium having bulk of it's forces there is dangerous. The Thalmor have to know this by now, in fact, they may be counting on this fact to attack somewhere else. Although that is quite the question because there really is no where else good to strike from, esp this time now that the Legion stands ready to stop them.

Oh and this too... I believe it was Titus Mede II who saved the Orcs when Nova Orsinium was attacked by Wayrest's allies. That is also to the Emperor's credit with saving the Orcs from being wiped out. If the Legion hadn't intervened, there would have been no way out for them. Empire even gave the Orcs a new 'Province' between Hammerfell and Skyrim. You know, about the Jars thing... If Hammerfell and the Empire could work their pl*ps out, between them, the Orcs and Bretons the Thalmor wouldn't stand a chance.

I know that most of the time on here I've defended the High Elves but the truth is I have probably played as an Orc more or just as much as the High Elf. Orcs are sooooooo much better in Skyrim and I think it would be kool to have a Dragonborn Orc who ends up leading the Empire. Not to mention how their shouts are AWESOME!

About what Igmund has said, it's probably true. Chances are shortly after the Civil War is concluded and Empire is without an Emperor, they'll make their move. Cyrodil having it's forces on it's Southern border is just fine... however unwise. A smarter move would be to have your forces scattered but mobile to react faster. If the Thalmor do something to kill a large portion of the Legions on the border, then things will go to hell in a big fl*ffing hurry.

Of course during WWII, the french knew it was coming and so they had all their cannons and entire army waiting on the border. However, thru some under-handed yet brilliant maneuvering the Germans outmaneuvered the French line and Destroyed them. Turned their own cannons against them, which ironically, were rather difficult to reposition. *Hintdy-Hint*

Another thing, I remember the brief time I was a Stormcloak, I thought about how all the other Provinces stepped up *together* to defend Skyrim's honor and in the end, it cost them horribly. And now that everyone is on bad times economically/politically from that act, rather than help and return the favor, Ulfric wants Skyrim to leave. That's low. That's... I can understand why but *damn* that takes alot of nerve. It'd be like me saving your life when I could have just walked away and then getting beat up horribly for it, then time comes around later on, and you just leave me to get beaten and killed because you don't like to fight for someone else.

And I've had people actually do pl*ps like that in my life which is one reason why I have no sympathy for Stormcloaks. And neither does Highrock, come to think about it. They didn't even trouble themselves with sending a reply to the Lord of His Mightiness.

ALL HAIL THE ALDMERI DOMINION
ALL HAIL THE MADGOD

Rimfaxe96

Thalmor seek to rule all of Tamriel, not wipe out all races. They do want lesser creatures as a lower class.

We don't know whether the Jar Theory is pure fiction or maybe partly correct.
Either way, extermination can always follow oppression/enslavement. I also wonder how Black Marsh reacts to an advancing Dominion, after all you can even find an Argonian in Northwatch Keep.

About what Igmund has said, it's probably true. Chances are shortly after the Civil War is concluded and Empire is without an Emperor, they'll make their move. Cyrodil having it's forces on it's Southern border is just fine... however unwise. A smarter move would be to have your forces scattered but mobile to react faster. If the Thalmor do something to kill a large portion of the Legions on the border, then things will go to hell in a big fl*ffing hurry.

Trouble is the Empire is already flooded with Thalmor spies, assassins, and what other agents they may have. And when there's a Legion waiting, you can perfectly prepare yourself and wait for the right moment. Being on alert all night and day without something happening can get to a soldiers' moral, they become restless and after a while maybe not even care... until the strike comes.
It just depends on how much manpower the Dominion has. And that's up for speculation because there's no information given. Nothing at all except for a few tiny scraps of NPC dialogue based on rumors themselves.

Another thing, I remember the brief time I was a Stormcloak, I thought about how all the other Provinces stepped up *together* to defend Skyrim's honor and in the end, it cost them horribly. And now that everyone is on bad times economically/politically from that act, rather than help and return the favor, Ulfric wants Skyrim to leave. That's low. That's... I can understand why but *damn* that takes alot of nerve. It'd be like me saving your life when I could have just walked away and then getting beat up horribly for it, then time comes around later on, and you just leave me to get beaten and killed because you don't like to fight for someone else.

To be honest, I think Ulfric's scared. Scared of loosing it all to the Dominion because if the Empire goes down or decides to let them down like they did with Hammerfell and his own militia, they'd be screwed. But it's far too late to just go away and turn back. The Nords did their part in the 'First War against the Empire', it can't be undone, and what's even less possible is to un-make their humanity which the Thalmor seem to hate the most, more than beastraces even (except for the cats).
Hell, it's been about 30 years in peace, everything was quiet and the Empire was getting back on its feet, and neither Skyrim or Cyrodiil has the luxury of insecurity - or choice at that point - anymore. Either they fight or they die.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
We don't know whether the Jar Theory is pure fiction or maybe partly correct.
Either way, extermination can always follow oppression/enslavement. I also wonder how Black Marsh reacts to an advancing Dominion, after all you can even find an Argonian in Northwatch Keep.

The Thalmor believe themselves to be the rightful rulers of Tamriel, they wouldn't wipe out all races. They consider themselves above the other races and that they should rule over them. Altmer believe in a class society.

NENALATA

To be honest, I think Ulfric's scared. Scared of loosing it all to the Dominion because if the Empire goes down or decides to let them down like they did with Hammerfell and his own militia, they'd be screwed. But it's far too late to just go away and turn back. The Nords did their part in the 'First War against the Empire', it can't be undone, and what's even less possible is to un-make their humanity which the Thalmor seem to hate the most, more than beastraces even (except for the cats).
Hell, it's been about 30 years in peace, everything was quiet and the Empire was getting back on its feet, and neither Skyrim or Cyrodiil has the luxury of insecurity - or choice at that point - anymore. Either they fight or they die.

Yep. Like I had said to someone else before ~ When the Thalmor come knockin', it won't matter to them who you worship or where you're from.

And if he's that afraid, it might be best for the Empire to deal with him sooner rather than later ~ anyways. Although it's bad there's a Civil War going on, however it is good in a way because the Empire knows they have a problem and they have just enough time now to fix it. As opposed to waiting and realizing this later on in the middle of WWII.

Of course 30 yrs later and Ulfric picks this time now to start something... after everyone's become used to the way things are and the Empire is finally gaining strength again. Something else may be going on too.

30811.jpg
NENALATA said:
About what Igmund has said, it's probably true. Chances are shortly after the Civil War is concluded and Empire is without an Emperor, they'll make their move. Cyrodil having it's forces on it's Southern border is just fine... however unwise. A smarter move would be to have your forces scattered but mobile to react faster. If the Thalmor do something to kill a large portion of the Legions on the border, then things will go to hell in a big fl*ffing hurry.​
Trouble is the Empire is already flooded with Thalmor spies, assassins, and what other agents they may have. And when there's a Legion waiting, you can perfectly prepare yourself and wait for the right moment. Being on alert all night and day without something happening can get to a soldiers' moral, they become restless and after a while maybe not even care... until the strike comes.
It just depends on how much manpower the Dominion has. And that's up for speculation because there's no information given. Nothing at all except for a few tiny scraps of NPC dialogue based on rumors themselves.

Yeah I'm sure it is flooded with spies. That's a problem. Worse still, the Thalmor in the Empire have had all this time to make connections and network with Imperials. Ulfric's got the right idea with trying to clean up his Province and separate Skyrim from the being a part of the problem, but he's also stopping Skyrim from being a part of the solution.

I dunno... I used to think that Ulfric's way made sense. Clean up the Thalmor and Imperial presence in Skyrim so that the Thalmor have no Gov authority of that Province. Then clean up the Holds of Imperial/Thalmor influence and start conditioning the cities/people to fight and resist outside influence. Even if some good Jarls (and others) get in the way, if they're not inline with the plan ~ they have to go. Start setting up checkpoints/walls along the border and main roads to take control of info and traffic. That way the Thalmor have no influence, neither does the Empire and Skyrim is free to plan and prepare itself for whatever comes. Because the Empire by this time has been so heavily infiltrated.

Then I met Elisif, Tullius and Rikke who actually seemed like they were going somewhere with all this, knew the score and weren't in bed with the Thalmor at all... unlike Ulfric who was, albeit to what extent of cooperation outside the Markarth Incident is unknown and I have already seen enough.

However, it all sounds good on paper. Except, I'm not so sure I would want to turn over control to someone like Galmar and Ulfric. I'd be too afraid of them mis-using their power, instead of strengthening the country, God only knows what they might do. Like the Jarl in Winterhold has a problem with the Inn Keeper constantly renting his inn out to an Elf. fl*ff him. That's a private business, none of his !@#$ business who he rents to.

And esp if Ulfric is afraid which he might be ~ A scenario like this could turn that Province into a house of horrors.

Either way, Cyrodil is going to get beat like beat-street. Eventually, the Imps are going to need to fall back to Skyrim. Or the Brets @ Highrock in case the Thalmor come in thru there. Whoever controls Skyrim has to be someone that everyone can rely on, someone loyal against all odds and who will help without question. Someone kind-hearted, compassionate and free of bias/prejudice.

Yeah... Def not Ulfric. He wouldn't help anyone unless he knew he could win and unless he got the glory of it. fl*ff that dude. Seriously.

By the in-game dialogue I've heard, the Thalmor are confident about the next war. No specifics of course there wouldn't be any. They sound ready though.

ALL HAIL THE MADGOD

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Thalmor plan hundreds of years ahead, the Empire can be ready sooner. Why else would the Thalmor suddenly start as much trouble as they can in Skyrim, the Civil war causing the Empire's attention to switch from the Dominion back onto internal conflict.

The Thalmor benefit from a long drawn out conflict. If the Imperials win, it harms the overall position of the Thalmor, Stormcloak victory the Thalmor want to avoid.

Imperial controlled Skyrim or Stormcloak controlled Skyrim doesn't matter, the Aldmeri Dominion still face the large threat from the Legions on their border.

Benefit of the Empire is that the Imperials are planning many things, conquest of the Aldmeri Dominion isn't the only thing on the Empire's mind. "Now that the Empire's arrived in Riften, we've finally established a launching point into Morrowind... Just in case."

The Empire is preparing for plenty of things to keep them busy the next several decades. Cyrodiil will be fine, they have handled far worse things over the course of the Empire's history. If you look through lore at just how often Cyrodiil gets smacked around you will see they bounce back, take a lot more than a weakened Aldmeri Dominion to defeat the Imperium.

You do get arguments from some Stormcloak supporters or Thalmor saying "The Empire lost the Imperial City" It isn't that of a big deal, when doesn't the Imperial City get attacked or sacked?

It was captured by General Talos, it was also captured during the war of the Red Diamond, it was nearly sacked two hundred years ago by the forces of Daedra, it was captured by Titus Mede, it was under siege by legions of undead and then it was sacked by the Thalmor.

Taking the Imperial City... pfff, we've been through that so many times.

People underestimate the Empire, saying they will get destroyed in the next war or that Cyrodiil will get owned. The Thalmor underestimated the Empire and look what that got them, they lost one of their main armies + all the forces they sent into Cyrodiil on their gamble move to end the war once and for all.

Thalmor talk big, but they're quite weakened. They didn't win the last war as many try to claim, Imperial forces were victorious but were unable to continue the war. What would of destroyed the Empire is had the Legions kept fighting (which they had trouble properly keeping order in the Empire during the peace.) they wouldn't have been able to invade Valenwood completely and take Elsweyr at the same time, not to mention send forces back in Hammerfell to aid the Alik'r warriors.

The Dominion it seems wouldn't have been able to do another large scale invasion but border skirmishes like they did during the Second Era? Yeah most likely, keep the Empire on alert and the Legions constantly being engaged in combat for the next hundred years?

Titus was smart for going for peace from a position of strength, the Empire accepted the harsh terms but they weren't going to give it to the Thalmor for free. The Thalmor wanted their terms and they got them, it just cost several thousand Mer to get it.

Yes there are Agents within the Empire, but there is only so much they have access to. They use Khajiit assassin's and Nord informants because they don't have great access, they're only involved in things regarding to the terms of the White-Gold Concordat. They can't do anything involving the Legion, only the Emperor commands the Legion or the High Chancellor of the Elder Council until a new Emperor/Empress is Crowned. Even if Titus Mede II is assassinated, there isn't any mention he is the last of his bloodline, he has been Emperor for 33 years.

Even if the Thalmor manage to make a few friends in the nobility of Skyrim, sucking up to a few Jarls and Thanes doesn't get them much. The Empire is fully aware of what the Thalmor are up to and they know the Thalmor's game.

"Look around the room and you'll see what we're up against." - General Tullius, Elenwen's party.

NENALATA

Think you got the mettle aye? All can join the Legion.

"The Nord kings - oh, excuse me, "Jarls" - they can't seem to control their own people. So the Legion has stepped in to keep order."

"Our mission is to serve the Emperor, uphold the law, and protect the citizenry.

I never got to answer this post properly. For ESO I have already decided to join the Dominion ~ That's a given:

I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us.

You know... I just read about the history of Talos and the Empire and... that dude was a real Monster. Seriously. And I have a great deal of sympathy for the Daggerfall people because the Second Empire you guys are dying for will end up massacring your country under Talos.​
I hate to say it but the only really sane option is the Aldmeri Dominion. Like when Talos *aborted* his love child from Barenziah. His political career was more important to him than the life of his unborn child. Abusing his authority, he forced some Healer Mage to cause Barenziah to miscarry. This person had to go against their own ethics and profession to murder an innocent child for the 'Emperor'. And then Talos kicked her a$$ to the curb afterwards. This is evil and is not worthy of God-hood. EVER.​
And to think some people worshiped this 'man' as a God. No wonder the Empire has so many problems these days.​

images

ALL HAIL THE MADGOD

Definitely Imperials, even though Ulfric protests that his cause is true and that he's acting on Skyrims best interests, there's outstanding evidence to prove he's just a selfish tyrant set on his own goals. I agree that signing the White Gold Concordat wasn't the Empires most popular decision among the Nords but without it the Empire would have been overthrown and the Nords would have been left defenseless from the Dominions armies. If only Skyrim and the other continents could work together to face the Dominion, maybe then we would have a chance.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
You know... I just read about the history of Talos and the Empire and... that dude was a real Monster. Seriously. And I have a great deal of sympathy for the Daggerfall people because the Second Empire you guys are dying for will end up massacring your country under Talos.

Breton and Nord nobles feared the Colovian King and his undefeatable General so they invaded Cyrodiil. They started the conflict, so you have sympathy for those who start a war and then lose? Biased opinion.
I hate to say it but the only really sane option is the Aldmeri Dominion. Like when Talos *aborted* his love child from Barenziah. His political career was more important to him than the life of his unborn child. Abusing his authority, he forced some Healer Mage to cause Barenziah to miscarry. This person had to go against their own ethics and profession to murder an innocent child for the 'Emperor'. And then Talos kicked her a$$ to the curb afterwards. This is evil and is not worthy of God-hood. EVER.
And to think some people worshiped this 'man' as a God. No wonder the Empire has so many problems these days.

The bastard child of Tiber Septim could put the newly formed Empire into Civil War, much like it did during the War of the Red Diamond.

Tiber Septim didn't kick her to the curb. After a week, when she was physically recovered, it was announced that Symmachus had requested she come to Mournhold earlier than planned, and that she would leave forthwith. She was given a splendid retinue, a wardrobe befitting a queen and a ceremonial departure from the gates of Imperial City.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Definitely Imperials, even though Ulfric protests that his cause is true and that he's acting on Skyrims best interests, there's outstanding evidence to prove he's just a selfish tyrant set on his own goals. I agree that signing the White Gold Concordat wasn't the Empires most popular decision among the Nords but without it the Empire would have been overthrown and the Nords would have been left defenseless from the Dominions armies. If only Skyrim and the other continents could work together to face the Dominion, maybe then we would have a chance.

Agreed.

"Even I'll admit it hasn't been the Empire's finest hour. But it wasn't like the Emperor had any choice, did he? If he hadn't signed the peace treaty with the Thalmor, they would have destroyed the Empire - then where would Skyrim be? That's the part that Ulfric's supporters always conveniently forget about. Unless the Empire stands together, the Thalmor will destroy us all." - Hadvar

NENALATA

30811.jpg
NENALATA said:
You know... I just read about the history of Talos and the Empire and... that dude was a real Monster. Seriously. And I have a great deal of sympathy for the Daggerfall people because the Second Empire you guys are dying for will end up massacring your country under Talos.​
Breton and Nord nobles feared the Colovian King and his undefeatable General so they invaded Cyrodiil. They started the conflict, so you have sympathy for those who start a war and then lose? Biased opinion.

First of all, let me correct you on one point. You are saying I am biased... it's the Bretons who made this decision, the Aldmeri Dominion didn't want anything to do with either of them. I have sympathy for the Bretons because they wanted so bad to have a new Empire worthy of their Allegiance and instead the very thing they wanted and yearned for ended up Destroying them and as you said, "selling their men into slavery". True what they say, "Be Careful what you wish for..."

30811.jpg
NENALATA said:
I hate to say it but the only really sane option is the Aldmeri Dominion. Like when Talos *aborted* his love child from Barenziah. His political career was more important to him than the life of his unborn child. Abusing his authority, he forced some Healer Mage to cause Barenziah to miscarry. This person had to go against their own ethics and profession to murder an innocent child for the 'Emperor'. And then Talos kicked her a$$ to the curb afterwards. This is evil and is not worthy of God-hood. EVER.​
And to think some people worshiped this 'man' as a God. No wonder the Empire has so many problems these days.​
The bastard child of Tiber Septim could put the newly formed Empire into Civil War, much like it did during the War of the Red Diamond.

Tiber Septim didn't kick her to the curb. After a week, when she was physically recovered, it was announced that Symmachus had requested she come to Mournhold earlier than planned, and that she would leave forthwith. She was given a splendid retinue, a wardrobe befitting a queen and a ceremonial departure from the gates of Imperial City.

I was wrong about one thing. Talos was NOT the standard that other Emperors are to be judged by, rather, I think Uriel VII (Septim) and/or Martin would have set a better example. Uriel VII didn't order someone else to *murder* his unborn children ~ He was a responsible father and hid the unwanted ones away (or just Martin). Having someone who has taken an oath and sworn to heal people murder your kids for you ~ for any reason ~ is a sick individual. Politics are irrelevant, if your politics are at the center of your moral compass, you are a shrub of a person. He could have sent him somewhere else to live and at least live a normal life. Honestly, I lost any remaining respect I had for Talos once I found this out.

And yes, he did kick her to the curb. Talos had his fun ~ F.F.F. Typical man. No amount of Gold, Silver or finery, nor the respect of persons can buy back your self-respect or your soul.

NENALATA

23030.jpg
ArcaneAuthority said:
Definitely Imperials, even though Ulfric protests that his cause is true and that he's acting on Skyrims best interests, there's outstanding evidence to prove he's just a selfish tyrant set on his own goals. I agree that signing the White Gold Concordat wasn't the Empires most popular decision among the Nords but without it the Empire would have been overthrown and the Nords would have been left defenseless from the Dominions armies. If only Skyrim and the other continents could work together to face the Dominion, maybe then we would have a chance.​
Agreed.

Not so fast. The reason the Provinces aren't working together has little to do with the Thalmor. It's the Empire making the poor choices and instead of dealing with these issues, the Empire has been "releasing" provinces like a little child who can't get his way.

Yeah, the Thalmor are causing problems but in life at some point you have to start taking responsibility yourself for your failures and realize that a larger part of the problem is how you "react" to your problems.

And this is *exactly* why the Thalmor came before Titus Mede II before the Great War and asked him in a manner of speaking, to "step down" and start accepting Dominion authority.

While I still prefer the Empire over Ulfric's nonsense, I have no doubt if the Empire continues on it's present course it will fall from within. Again ~ the Imperials on here pretend like they're living in the 3rd ERA. Empire's history is fine but you guys got problems with your Imperialism.

Rimfaxe96

Meh. I wonder what happened of the strategist guy in Alinor who suggested they take on both Cyrodiil and Hammerfell.
'Cause I'm pretty sure they'd have succeeded had they left Cyrodiil alone, or rather, if they hadn't invaded it completely.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
First of all, let me correct you on one point. You are saying I am biased... it's the Bretons who made this decision, the Aldmeri Dominion didn't want anything to do with either of them. I have sympathy for the Bretons because they wanted so bad to have a new Empire worthy of their Allegiance and instead the very thing they wanted and yearned for ended up Destroying them and as you said, "selling their men into slavery". True what they say, "Be Careful what you wish for..."

You said you have sympathy for a group that starts conflict and loses. The Aldmeri Dominion didn't want anything to do with them?

The Thalmor strengthened its hold on the Valenwood Nations during the foundation of the Third Empire. Savage Bosmer tribes skirmished with the Estates along the River Strid, whipped to a frenzy by their High Elven masters. With the Empire now reunified under Tiber Septim, these attacks have subsided; but encampments wait on either side of the Valenwood border, awaiting a decisive battle. On the occasions when the Elves probe the Empire's defenses, the Legions have sent them back in tatters. Indeed, the Colovians have taken to calling their enemy the "Old Mary" Dominion, for the womanly offensives of its Elven soldiers. The situation at sea, however, is another story, and the Dominion terrorizes the southern waters from the Cape of the Blue Divide to the Topal Bay. Their sorcery has made allies of a few Reachmen, the Maormer of Pyandonea, and, as of this writing, perhaps even the Elsweyr Confederacy. Though no formal declaration of war has been made, Tamriel is divided between the Empire and the Elder Races, and Tiber Septim has made it known to the Thalmor that he is the True Emperor of Cyrodiil, and heir to all of its former holdings. The Elves of Tamriel have yet to answer.
Considering we have endured their offenses for two thousand years, we know surprisingly little about the Aldmeri.

I was wrong about one thing. Talos was NOT the standard that other Emperors are to be judged by, rather, I think Uriel VII (Septim) and/or Martin would have set a better example. Uriel VII didn't order someone else to *murder* his unborn children ~ He was a responsible father and hid the unwanted ones away (or just Martin). Having someone who has taken an oath and sworn to heal people murder your kids for you ~ for any reason ~ is a sick individual. Politics are irrelevant, if your politics are at the center of your moral compass, you are a shrub of a person. He could have sent him somewhere else to live and at least live a normal life. Honestly, I lost any remaining respect I had for Talos once I found this out.

And yes, he did kick her to the curb. Talos had his fun ~ F.F.F. Typical man. No amount of Gold, Silver or finery, nor the respect of persons can buy back your self-respect or your soul.

You're wrong about any Emperor being the standard. Each Emperor is different, the Empire under every new Emperor changes. It is never the same or is one Emperor/Empress the same as another.

You lost any remaining respect for Talos for having the child that could threaten his Empire killed before it was born. I take it you're against abortion when you go on about murder your kids.

But you support the Thalmor who slaughter those without pure bloodlines.

Then the first of many pogroms descended on Summerset Isle. They slaughtered any who were not "of the blood of the Aldmer". A fine excuse to purge the dissidents, as well - the Thalmor have never been ones to waste such an opportunity.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts