Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mini Mongo

Drog Do Faal Mongonite Lahvu
Whoa you get really hyped up.......this was a thread about a simple question imperials or Stormcloaks.
I say Imperials merely because all their trying to do is regain their land, and the Stormcloaks are pretty barbaric. But I also say the stormcloaks, cause their barbaric and awesome. That makes total sense trust me

TheDovahkiin

The Fabled Stealer Of Sweetrolls
I joined Stormcloaks, because I am a pretty rebellious person. But they are sort of discriminating against non-Nords, while I can overlook that, even though I AM Argonian, Ulfric really does not care about liberating Skyrim. Main reason I joined? FREE WORSHIP OF TALOS! I just HATE how elves dictate the Empire, it basically comes down to, Join a TRUE cause, but a corrupted leader, or fight for the Thalmor to keep Skyrim in it's pocket, which is tyrannical.

TheDovahkiin

Also, the Empire is crumbling. A new, young, STRONG, goverment should take it's place, the Imperials should acknowledge this, but force the Stormcloaks to shove it into their heads with a long spear, with the thought on it's end.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
Also, the Empire is crumbling. A new, young, STRONG, goverment should take it's place, the Imperials should acknowledge this, but force the Stormcloaks to shove it into their heads with a long spear, with the thought on it's end.

No, it's only crumbling because of several internal struggles Ulfric creates. After the Great War, the Empire signed the Concordant as a bluff to regain their strength. Nobody took the ban of Talos seriously until Ulfric made a big deal out of it. Ulfric's idea of an independent Skyrim would be a xenophobic nation state strife with poverty and misery, they would have nobody to trade with and the Thalmor would destroy them.

TheDovahkiin

But if the Stormcloaks ended up being such a poor goverment, the very stubborn people of Skyrim would either rebel, or the Thalmor would again enforce the Concordat, either way inducing rebellion until a strong enough goverment emerges.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
But if the Stormcloaks ended up being such a poor goverment, the very stubborn people of Skyrim would either rebel, or the Thalmor would again enforce the Concordat, either way inducing rebellion until a strong enough goverment emerges.

What? Are you seriously suggesting it makes sense for Skyrim to be reduced to a savage, barbaric and poor nation on the grounds that "The people will revolt?" How about not reducing it to a barbaric nation in the first place? As others have said better than I, Skyrim under Ulfric's rule would be struggling to keep it's head above water without Imperial protection, food, supplies, literally no trade. It can't survive on it's own.

Mini Mongo

What Mr S.D is arguing Dovah is that if the Stormcloaks hadn't rebelled, the Empire would be strong and by now might of even started war with the Thalmor, meaning that the worship of Talos would be allowed.
If you speak to any Imperial they still worship Talos, in-fact I've completed the Imperial Campaign and whenever I see Thalmor I just kill them :cool:

Tyrone

Like the Thalmor! They're strong, no one has denied that. Sure they're elven supermacists, but stormcloaks are nord supermacists

Grogmar Ghrobash

'Tis better to be alone, then of bad company.
Whoever says the imperial Legion isn't racist, think again, I went to Solitude and one said to me, "What is it Little Elf"
You people don't understand, It's not Ulfric, It's not the Stormcloaks, It's Skyrim

In what way does that indicate racism? And why would you use something that is said by all guards over the game as your example of the Imperials showing racism?

Well I really don't agree with either sides. But its hard to side with the Stormcloaks if your not a Nord or possibly a Redguard. So without a doubt my High Elf character is an Imperial.

Even though I killed the Emperor. Hey, I couldn't pass up on the septims. :p

Mini Mongo

Yeah same with me Shouts-At-Dragons, Sithis my actual character on Skyrim (who I meant to call Sipro but I accidently pressed start!) just kills everybody, hence why I've got the achievement 'Master criminal' lol :cowboy:

Sithis, what a perfect name for a person that kills everything!

Speaking of killing, when I win the Imperials Skyrim I won't hesitate to put a crossbow bolt in the back of Legate Rikke's head. But sadly she's probably still essential.

Did your character join the Dark Brotherhood, I wonder if the Night Mother and Sithis himself would like the idea of your character being named Sithis.

Mini Mongo

Hahah yeah I'm the listener
Sometimes I get the idea the Night Mother wants a round with my character.........she always gives me the look and puts on alot of make-up..........onto her freaky corpse :D

The Night Mother kind of freaks me out, like why wouldn't she? A talking corpse that is being cared for by an insane Jester, who wouldn't be scared?

Perhaps we should try to stay on topic though.

TheDovahkiin

What Mr S.D is arguing Dovah is that if the Stormcloaks hadn't rebelled, the Empire would be strong and by now might of even started war with the Thalmor, meaning that the worship of Talos would be allowed.
If you speak to any Imperial they still worship Talos, in-fact I've completed the Imperial Campaign and whenever I see Thalmor I just kill them :cool:
While they were strong, the Thalmor, and more importantly the Aldmeri Dominion, kept their streangth in check, the Imperials would never do ANYTHING about it, because they were fearing that the Empire would be destroyed, as it almost was during their first war with the Aldmeri Dominion.

TheDovahkiin

Like the Thalmor! They're strong, no one has denied that. Sure they're elven supermacists, but stormcloaks are nord supermacists
But the Thalmor are elves, most nords would feel more comfy cozy with a nord as their high king. I don't deny that Ulfric sucks though.