Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Flint firestorm

The leading man, who else?
It isn't accurate lore because it's not lore at all. What he made is something called fanfiction. And I don't think you quite understand what the term canon is suppose to mean. What I said is nothing like what you tried to compare with your analogy, it's the opposite actually.
So your saying that a book that says on it "an elder scrolls Novel" and is copyrighted by bethesda and that people who worked on the game helped write isn't accurate lore? The following references in skyrim are references to the book.

There are Dunmer refugees in Windhelm who traveled from Morrowind after Red Mountain erupted. If you speak to some of the refugees and ask them why they are in Windhelm despite the discrimination they face, they will tell you that when the Red Mountain erupted, they began traveling west and the first city they came to was Windhelm. They will often say they wish they had kept walking.

Just before the Volcano erupted, those following Azura had a premonition from her of what was about to happen, giving them time to flee. It was these refugees who built the Shrine of Azura on a mountain immediately North of Windhelm.

The quest Distant Memories is full of references to a successful Argonian invasion of Morrowind. This is a reference to the Accession War.

In the Sleeping Tree Camp, you can find a strange tree. After a quest for her in Whiterun, Ysolda will tell you some theories about the origin of the tree. One theory refers to the eruption of the Red Mountain, while the other theory refers to a floating island. The latter is clearly a reference to umbreil

You can find a little monument at the tower Refugees' Rest east of Windhelm. There is also a book called Decree of Monument that explains the origin of the monument. It was erected in commemoration to the Dunmer refugees fleeing from Morrowind after the eruption of the Red Mountain.

In the book On the Great Collapse, you can find a reference to many Dunmer refugees in Winterhold and the offering of Solstheim to the Dunmer as a new home as mentioned in Lord of Souls.

This book came out before skyrim so how could it be fan fiction if things that happened in the book were put into the game?

Grogmar Ghrobash

'Tis better to be alone, then of bad company.
So your saying that a book that says on it "an elder scrolls Novel" and is copyrighted by bethesda and that people who worked on the game helped write isn't accurate lore? The following references in skyrim are references to the book.

There are Dunmer refugees in Windhelm who traveled from Morrowind after Red Mountain erupted. If you speak to some of the refugees and ask them why they are in Windhelm despite the discrimination they face, they will tell you that when the Red Mountain erupted, they began traveling west and the first city they came to was Windhelm. They will often say they wish they had kept walking.

Just before the Volcano erupted, those following Azura had a premonition from her of what was about to happen, giving them time to flee. It was these refugees who built the Shrine of Azura on a mountain immediately North of Windhelm.

The quest Distant Memories is full of references to a successful Argonian invasion of Morrowind. This is a reference to the Accession War.

In the Sleeping Tree Camp, you can find a strange tree. After a quest for her in Whiterun, Ysolda will tell you some theories about the origin of the tree. One theory refers to the eruption of the Red Mountain, while the other theory refers to a floating island. The latter is clearly a reference to umbreil

You can find a little monument at the tower Refugees' Rest east of Windhelm. There is also a book called Decree of Monument that explains the origin of the monument. It was erected in commemoration to the Dunmer refugees fleeing from Morrowind after the eruption of the Red Mountain.

In the book On the Great Collapse, you can find a reference to many Dunmer refugees in Winterhold and the offering of Solstheim to the Dunmer as a new home as mentioned in Lord of Souls.

This book came out before skyrim so how could it be fan fiction if things that happened in the book were put into the game?

Well yes, obviously it's going to be copyrighted by Betheseda because it's about there game. If it wasn't copyrighted by them, that would be implying that everything in the book was Greg keyes idea which would most likely end in him being sued as that isn't true. I see no where that says they helped him write the book. And obviously a book that follows the events prior Skyrim and after Oblivion would hold references to the game. Fact is he isn't a lore writer so what he writes in a book that isn't actually part of the game is only as accurate as the developers hold it to be. Fact also is I'm still right about Malacath so I see no reason as to why you felt the need to make such a long and pointless post.

Dragon Kin

Dovah Fen Ni Dii
Depends on the race I'm playing.

Imperials - Imperial, Orc (traditionally serve the empire), elves (they hate Nords)

Storm cloak - Nords only cause they racist against all else.

No side - when I'm Argonian, Kahjit, Breton, redguard I don't choose a side

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
Fast forward to Oblivion, the last of Tiber Septim's heirs are killed, who was of nordish birth, another caused by magic users who are predominantly elves, you see the tree begin to grow.
Small detail, but during the events of Oblivion, the Septim line hadn't been directly related to Tiber Septim in a long time. Like, in over 400 years.

Best pro-Empire argument ever

tumblr_lvrp6s9pBE1qkdq48o3_500.gif

tumblr_lw44n6fCoT1qikry2.gif

Mingolo

Hail the Dominion
Neither the Imperials nor the Stormcloaks are very appealing. The Imperials are a weakening "Empire" who bent their knee to the Dominion, and the Stormcloaks are your usual "freedom" fighters or whatever, and only like other Nords. I wish you could join the Aldmeri Dominion if you were an elf.

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
I think the Stormcloaks should realize that with their ideals of fighting for Talos, they sometimes forget that Talos or Tiber Septim is the one who MADE the Empire. Talos is revered for that very reason, but now the Stormcloaks decide to break away from Talos' defining accomplishment instead of strengthening it??? The Jarl of Whiterun seemed like the best Jarl and if anyone was to be high king I think it should have been him.

King o' the Britains

Supreme Commander of Elite Awesomeness
For you, Imperials. Your a Khajiit, and the stormcloaks are VERY racist, just like most of windhelm.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
For you, Imperials. Your a Khajiit, and the stormcloaks are VERY racist, just like most of windhelm.

That's bullplops! Don't just point the fingers at the Stormcloaks for the mistreatment of the Khajiit. Its EVERYONE in skyrim. Even that Jarl that everyone seems to love in Whiterun bans them from entering the city. If anything EvilCrazyCows should join the ranks of the Thalmor (if you could ever join the faction in the future) because their known to hire Khajiit as assassins.

If the stormcloaks are racists then so are the imperials.

King o' the Britains

Supreme Commander of Elite Awesomeness
I didnt mean they're racist to khajiits. I meant any non-nords.

osheao

stormcloaks, ez.

i have yet to play a freekin imperial. they are pussies. corrupt and weak. degenerate with moral weaknesses against my god.

if skyrim wants to be nord-only they don't EVEN HAVE A SAY.

they should bow out and grant autonomy, since, skyrim doesn't need them anyways.

ALL races, (since the dawn of nirn are racist in TES. ulfric is not.) are prejudice. it's the beauty of skyrim. or, should i say, the lack of racism in skyrim is the BANE of TES?

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
That's bullplops! Don't just point the fingers at the Stormcloaks for the mistreatment of the Khajiit. Its EVERYONE in skyrim. Even that Jarl that everyone seems to love in Whiterun bans them from entering the city. If anything EvilCrazyCows should join the ranks of the Thalmor (if you could ever join the faction in the future) because their known to hire Khajiit as assassins.

If the stormcloaks are racists then so are the imperials.

Everyone in Skyrim? It's some people clinging to xenophobic beliefs and the environment puts Nords on top of the racial food chain. You calling everybody in Skyrim racist is both ignorant and offending in itself. The Jarl of Whiterun doesn't ban Khajiit from entering the city, the people in the city do not welcome them and in a similar fashion to the denizens of Windhelm will try and draw them away.

The Thalmor are cruel and see Khajiit as lesser beings, they're occupation of Elsewyr is beneficial only to themselves. Learn your facts.

The Empire was the first to welcome Orcs with open arms, take a look at the Imperial City, races of all kinds. The Imperials thrive on cultures and races flourishing together. While Ulfric wants Skyrim for the Nords.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
stormcloaks, ez.

i have yet to play a freekin imperial. they are pussies. corrupt and weak. degenerate with moral weaknesses against my god.

Same barbaric and ignorant attitude as Ulfric and his men, and they aren't against Talos, listen to them in battle, look at Legate Rikke, they recognize Talos as a god.
if skyrim wants to be nord-only they don't EVEN HAVE A SAY.

they should bow out and grant autonomy, since, skyrim doesn't need them anyways.

...Yes they do, Skyrim has been part of the Empire for years. And I could list all the ways Skyrim would be crippled by poverty before being steamrolled by the Thalmor if it became an independent nation.
ALL races, (since the dawn of nirn are racist in TES. ulfric is not.) are prejudice. it's the beauty of skyrim. or, should i say, the lack of racism in skyrim is the BANE of TES?

>"All races except the Nords are racist."
>"I bet the Dark Elves are Imperial spies, can't trust them, they don't belong here."
~Indirect quote from argument when first entering Windhelm.

J

Jeremius

Same barbaric and ignorant attitude as Ulfric and his men, and they aren't against Talos, listen to them in battle, look at Legate Rikke, they recognize Talos as a god.

...Yes they do, Skyrim has been part of the Empire for years. And I could list all the ways Skyrim would be crippled by poverty before being steamrolled by the Thalmor if it became an independent nation.

>"All races except the Nords are racist."
>"I bet the Dark Elves are Imperial spies, can't trust them, they don't belong here."
~Indirect quote from argument when first entering Windhelm.

i have to disagree w/you. I saw the stormcloak ending to the CW on youtube, iand i am positive that i heard him say that he will need everyone in Skyrim to help rebuild.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
Everyone in Skyrim? It's some people clinging to xenophobic beliefs and the environment puts Nords on top of the racial food chain. You calling everybody in Skyrim racist is both ignorant and offending in itself. The Jarl of Whiterun doesn't ban Khajiit from entering the city, the people in the city do not welcome them and in a similar fashion to the denizens of Windhelm will try and draw them away.

Let me rephrase that.. 99 percent of the population are racist towards the Khajiit. The only person who shows some compassion for them is a nord woman,Ysolda, in whiterun. If the Jarl in whiterun didn't put a ban of the Khajiit then how come they're not allowed to conduct business within the city itself? Since when did the people in the city became the authority figure all of the sudden? The jarl is the one to ban a group or someone from entering the city, not the citizens, although they can help put a ban on someone or a group of people by complaining to the Jarl. Perfect example. The Alik'r mercenaries. They were banned from entering the city because I'm certain that the Jarl had many complaints from redguard women of the group harassing them.

The Thalmor are cruel and see Khajiit as lesser
beings, they're occupation of Elsewyr is beneficial only to themselves. Learn your facts.

If that is so then how come the Khajiit are willing to work for the Thalmor? So far I know of 3 Khajiit that works for them. Are you trying to tell me that their that naïve to not realize the true nature of the Thalmor? Apparently you know more than I do so where can I read more about how the Thalmor views the Khajiit as lesser beings? What book do I need to read in game so I can be more sophisticated?

The Empire was the first to welcome Orcs with open arms, take a look at the Imperial City, races of all kinds. The Imperials thrive on cultures and races flourishing together. While Ulfric wants Skyrim for the Nords.

General Tullius did not demonstrate the thriving on cultures when it's evidently clear that he disrespects the nord culture. Whats wrong with Ulfrics motivation to make Skyrim for the nords? Whats wrong with making a safe haven for the nords? Skyrim is the homeland of the nords after all.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
Let me rephrase that.. 99 percent of the population are racist towards the Khajiit.
"Oh, all Nords are filthy racists except Ysolda."
The only person who shows some compassion for them is a nord woman,Ysolda, in whiterun. If the Jarl in whiterun didn't put a ban of the Khajiit then how come they're not allowed to conduct business within the city itself? Since when did the people in the city became the authority figure all of the sudden? The jarl is the one to ban a group or someone from entering the city, not the citizens, although they can help put a ban on someone or a group of people by complaining to the Jarl. Perfect example. The Alik'r mercenaries. They were banned from entering the city because I'm certain that the Jarl had many complaints from redguard women of the group harassing them.

Ysolda shows concern for them, and I'm sure others do too. You can't automatically assume everybody else hates Khajiit, because there's no way you could no that. The Khajiit don't trade in the city because, as I said, they'd be run out of business as nobody would want to buy from them. The people have always been the authoritive figure when it comes to economics. If they don't want to buy from the Khajiit and spit racist remarks at them what other choice do they have? The Jarl (I forget his name.) Has a Dark Elf on his court, I doubt he'd have xenophobic tendencies toward ONE race.

The Alik'r were kicked out because they were foreign warriors wanting to search and seize a woman on their own laws and terms.
If that is so then how come the Khajiit are willing to work for the Thalmor?

Because they get paid, and said individuals are opportunistic. Either that or they were forced too. Read up on the Dominion, their doctrines and philosophies cater only toward Elven kind.
So far I know of 3 Khajiit that works for them. Are you trying to tell me that their that naïve to not realize the true nature of the Thalmor? Apparently you know more than I do so where can I read more about how the Thalmor views the Khajiit as lesser beings? What book do I need to read in game so I can be more sophisticated?

Elder Scrolls Wikia is your friend.
General Tullius did not demonstrate the thriving on cultures when it's evidently clear that he disrespects the nord culture.

General Tulius said he doesn't understand Nord culture, and he alone doesn't represent the Empire as a whole. You can't even argue this side because Ulfric is openly bigoted toward the Elves and cares not for other ethnicities and races. If you play Oblivion, racism is almost none existent (off the top of my head I remember the count of Leyawin hated Argonians.) However in Skyrim it's another story.
Whats wrong with Ulfrics motivation to make Skyrim for the nords?
What's wrong with Hitler's motivation to make Nazi Germany for the Germans?
Whats wrong with making a safe haven for the nords? Skyrim is the homeland of the nords after all.

>"Skyrim is the homeland of the Nords."
>Skyrim belonged to the Snow Elves and Dwemer long before the Nords
>"Yeah, we should kick out all the Elves because it belongs to the Nords."

Tyrone

Quite frankly, the reason the khajiit caravans are banned from entering cities is mainly because they will buy stolen goods and sell moon sugar and skooma, Ri'saad openly admits to having a stock of the illegal substances. There is no proof of the jarls not letting ANY khajiit in, as shown with khajiit player characters, but do not let the khajiit caravans enter their city.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
Whoever says the imperial Legion isn't racist, think again, I went to Solitude and one said to me, "What is it Little Elf"
You people don't understand, It's not Ulfric, It's not the Stormcloaks, It's Skyrim

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
Whoever says the imperial Legion isn't racist, think again, I went to Solitude and one said to me, "What is it Little Elf"
You people don't understand, It's not Ulfric, It's not the Stormcloaks, It's Skyrim

I never implied that there was no racism in any race or ethnicity.