• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
If someone was to ask me "How do you make a living?" I'd have to honestly say that I'm a merchant by trade...a dishonest merchant. I loot people's houses; and I guess I'm also a grave robber since I loot corpses. I'm a bounty hunter too...

So my job is technically a Nightingale. :)

Bjørn of Helgåfjord

Himintelgja - Heaven Scraper
Mainly looting and selling, which happens as I collect money from doing quests which require me to kill and loot.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Looting mostly unless I want to buy/build a house. Then I craft expensive potions from cheap ingredients.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
All the usual, looting and stealing. But then sometimes I make a tonne of iron daggers and hide bracers, and then enchant them and sell them off. Good way to increase enchanting and smithing skills as well. I like to make enough in the beginning to buy/build a house. That is my main goal first up. Then I have a place to store things.
Now, so far into the game, I have bucket loads of gold and my houses are brimming with things I need to sell. I mostly just collect gems and items over a certain worth. Nothing under, say, 200.

Think my next build I will try to make it more realistic and stick with one house, small amounts of gold etc.. Maybe my warrior build I am thinking of. He will live in Breezehome and be a companion.

LotusEater

All the usual, looting and stealing. But then sometimes I make a tonne of iron daggers and hide bracers, and then enchant them and sell them off. Good way to increase enchanting and smithing skills as well. I like to make enough in the beginning to buy/build a house. That is my main goal first up. Then I have a place to store things.
Now, so far into the game, I have bucket loads of gold and my houses are brimming with things I need to sell. I mostly just collect gems and items over a certain worth. Nothing under, say, 200.

Think my next build I will try to make it more realistic and stick with one house, small amounts of gold etc.. Maybe my warrior build I am thinking of. He will live in Breezehome and be a companion.

I usually go in to dagger/bracer mode after a trip to the Soul Cairn, because I usually do Blackreach/Mages College around same time so I always have metric ton of soul gems. Especially if I keep Serana around and give her a soul trap weapon. :eek:

tdatapina

Hero of Time
Depends. If I feel like role playing I drop off all my items and live off the land. Other than that I loot and steal

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows

I usually go in to dagger/bracer mode after a trip to the Soul Cairn, because I usually do Blackreach/Mages College around same time so I always have metric ton of soul gems. Especially if I keep Serana around and give her a soul trap weapon. :eek:

Yeah it usually doesn't happen until later on in the game as those soul trap weapons are hard to acquire. I have two, a glass bow of malediction and a daedric bow I made with soul trap enchantment on it. I make a point of collecting/buying every soul gem I can. I usually go out hunting. That river outside Whiterun is good for crabs, and then I pay a visit to a couple of bandit camps and bear hideouts :)

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows

You've given me an idea. Give Annekke a soul trap weapon :)

LotusEater

It works good. I don't really worry about what soul goes into what gem if I plan on grinding out enchanting. Between clearing out Soul Cairn, mining out Blackreach while looting dwarven mechanisms... I end up with a mountain of soul gems. If I go that route with Serana, I give her all my empties up to and including greater soul gems and then just let her fill them however. They all grind pretty much the same for enchanting imo. I save all the grands and blacks for myself.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows

It works good. I don't really worry about what soul goes into what gem if I plan on grinding out enchanting. Between clearing out Soul Cairn, mining out Blackreach while looting dwarven mechanisms... I end up with a mountain of soul gems. If I go that route with Serana, I give her all my empties up to and including greater soul gems and then just let her fill them however. They all grind pretty much the same for enchanting imo. I save all the grands and blacks for myself.

I had to get rid of Serana as she refused to carry anything.

LotusEater

The only time I've known her to refuse anything is between the time you free her and when she shows up at Fort Dawnguard after Isran gives you the vampire test. Any time after that she should respond to trade commands.

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate
How do you make your profit?

I give Braith and Olava The Feeble a cardboard sign and tell them to go stand out on a street corner. Gotta make use of those otherwise annoying NPCs somehow, ya know.

ajm3gj.jpg

Wildroses

My current character is a looter, although I've played others who were successful alchemists. She used to be an enchanted jewellery maker, but then she decided to give her work to her housecarls, followers and kids, so now she has to earn her money by clearing dungeons and selling the loot.

seeker23

Looking for the Snitch in Skyrim...
I got rich when I tried to get my smithing and enchanting 100. Have to agree with shadowkitty. Enchanting and selling gives you a ton of gold. Enchant a weapon with banish/paralyze. Those two enchantments give you the highest value for any enchanted weapon.
The highest value enchantments for increasing the value of unenchanted items for resale when using Petty souls are Paralyze for weapons until Enchanter 4 is unlocked then Banish, Fortify Block for shield, Fortify Destruction for armor and clothing, Waterbreathing for headgear and jewelry and Fortify Sneak for footwear and arm slot items.
This is from UESP. But I know its true from experience.

seeker23

Give the mace of Molag Bal. I gave it to Lydia. Served me well.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows

My current character does not do Daedric bidding. I have a couple of bows I made and she favours the bow.:)

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows

The only time I've known her to refuse anything is between the time you free her and when she shows up at Fort Dawnguard after Isran gives you the vampire test. Any time after that she should respond to trade commands.

Lotus, I don't know what happened to her. Ever since she went off and got herself cured, she has not taken anything off me. Not even one soul gem. It was getting to be a problem, so I had to let her go. Glitch/bug..

seeker23

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows

My current character does not do Daedric bidding. I have a couple of bows I made and she favours the bow.:)

You know, I had a hunch that you wouldn't be doing any daedric quests when I posted that reply Anyways an enchanted bow is as good as anything, if not better.

:D Yeah, I made a soul capture bow and enhanced it to legendary and Annekke wears Archery enchanted gear I made her, so it's pretty badass.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts