• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jader

The Mystic Marksman
Live of the land and looting, with some occasional theft ;)

I always make it a priority to get soul trap enchantment within the first 7 levels to get the most souls possible early on.

NachyoChez

Enchanting services are one of the few things that keep me in touch the rest of Skyrim.

Seriously though; I make it a point to get 'Fiery Soul Trap' as soon as I'm comfortable enough with my build to do the quest for it, so I'm usually in abundance of charged soul gems. Pick up a few enchantments from my travels, sell them. Can usually run Whiterun and Riften out of gold on a single round of Dragaur!

Also, I do so love illegaly transmuting Iron into Gold. That's just pure profit.

Bluebaron

I make my profit by looting from the victims I have killed and selling it off . I also make money by creating potions , smithing weapons and armors and of course stealing . My khajiit also makes gold by doing the odd jobs as well like chopping wood or quests for random citizens of skyrim .

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
I steal things and sell them, and if anyone questions my products and ask if im a theif, i say...
:mad: 'YOU ARE THE THEIF!':mad:
*looks at the numerous bewildered faces in the rooms*

I catch fish and sell them to the fish monger in riften...

Rimfaxe96

I gave up on looting corpses in time because the stuff the regular enemies carry around isn't even near the selling price of other treasures I find in some bandits' hideout. Didn't even do much bounty hunting and right now I'm still the richest person in Skyrim (I think :eek:).

Manmangler

My newest character money making
  • First My charcter hunted some animals.
  • I buyed whiterun house. Then I start looting but not sell those thing.
  • I collected every alchemy thing I can, at begining of the game. I started do some potions and poisons. I shouted some fish and collect every wheat I can get.
  • I buyed some Turn Undead weapon and Disenhancd it. Then I wander some Dwemer places, great to get soulgems. Enchanting is great way to do some money, free soulgems and free iron daggers.
  • After first 100 000 septims, I Started to buy alchemy stuff and soulgems. I seek Banish item and buyed it.
  • After level 40, NPC pay pretty good for missions.
  • Now she is millionare, at level 119

Octavia

~ Ryla <3
I get pretty much all of my money simply by looting the corpses of my foes and taking the valuables from dungeons, and then selling them. Oh, and also from quest rewards of course. :3

Sahdira

Sahdira makes money two ways. The most preferable way is to collect plants and brew potions. Plants are free, yes? More profit for Sahdira this way. The second is to buy cheap iron ore from merchants (Sahdira does not mine ore, it is filthy work) and turn it into gold. Sahdira only takes the valuable things from bandits, such as gems, to sell. Why should she burden herself with heavy cheap armor when she can carry light expensive things?

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Absorb Health enchantment on every scavenged dagger that I can find using petty soul gems that I find or purchase. By level 10 I'm producing 20 to 30 at each visit to the enchanting table in Whiterun and selling them for 200-300 each (and that's w/out speech perks!).

Works like a charm.

Of course, potions always work, especially if you can learn to make poisons early.

Pete

I prefer to kill dragons and sell their bones. Other then that, I'm a cash / gems only collector from chests. Looting is for thieves and vagabonds.

My nite walkers like to forge armor, enchant it and sell it. When your speech is so high, its amazing what deals you can pull off.

After completing the T.G. Quest for the 24 precious gems I never loot any more Gear off victims . Just sell the pile's of jewels for massive profit . The most Gold I had at one time on my Bosmer was 1 Million , 684 thousand + change . Gems are light in weight and heavy in profit . :Dovahkiin:
Man To bad this is not the real world , we'd all be on the french reviera basking in the sun :cool:

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
After completing the T.G. Quest for the 24 precious gems I never loot any more Gear off victims . Just sell the pile's of jewels for massive profit . The most Gold I had at one time on my Bosmer was 1 Million , 684 thousand + change . Gems are light in weight and heavy in profit . :Dovahkiin:

Ya, I'm always tempted to complete that quest early. Never worry about cash ever again. I just never seem to get around to finishing it.

Jader

The Mystic Marksman
Man To bad this is not the real world , we'd all be on the french reviera basking in the sun :cool:

Wow..I didn't realize it made THAT big a difference. Guess I'll be doing that quest asap.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
Iv always been well off but never rich. The selling part is where I lack motivation. Im still trying to sell all the potions I made while grinding alchemy and all the legendary enchanted dwarvan bows I made while grinding smithing and enchanting. Possession rich but time and money poor.

Spare me a septim ;)

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies

Wow..I didn't realize it made THAT big a difference. Guess I'll be doing that quest asap.

It does, problem is, in order to complete it you need to purchase Proudspire Manor... 25,000...

Jader

The Mystic Marksman
Aye..one of the reasons its a pain to do early on for me,then I usually forget about it later when I do have the coin. Apparently worth the pain it seems though.

LuChao

The Martial artist

Ya, I'm always tempted to complete that quest early. Never worry about cash ever again. I just never seem to get around to finishing it.

I have never finished this quest

LuChao

The Martial artist
I make my gold in various ways depending on my character from looting and thievery to contracts and fights to assassinations

Duecenburg

Seeing as the shrine of mehrunes dagon resets I plan to just keep going back and killing the two daedra and looting the place >:)