• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DryadSpeaks

Killing dragons like it's nobody's business.
Can you make your own children? Like how you make you own character at the beginning of the game? That'd be awesome.
I highly doubt it, but that would be AWESOME! I'd have a whole bunch of pink-skinned children running around in no time!

or maybe RAINBOW CHILDREN.

Lizzifer

Watch out for hop-ons.
I hope they have decent plots of land available. I've got my eyeballs on some sweet Rift spread. Does anyone know any more about how/where you buy land by chance other than what we see in the video?

Osiris

Child of the Sky
The question is..Will there be non human children for adoption?? I would like to raise a little Orc child to become a Mighty Warrior.

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
My post on the Official boards:

Jesse (My real first name) said:
May I request that you try to have Dawnguard and this released on PS3 close to if not at the same time? Maybe give us a discount package for this. like pay $23 and we get both? I personally am actually satisfied with this. I was expecting Hearthfire to be a smaller tie over DLC, otherwise we wouldn’t have heard so many leaks about it. Or a massive DLC that has been in work for a long time.

The name is fitting, and over all this seems like a great edition to my main character and other high level end game builds or anyone who has basically done most of the game. May I ask if this video show casts everything or will other features be added? I’m not expecting anything outside of the house, but I will likely end up making use of this. Time to decide where I want to live and move out of my houses.

I would also like to hear a statues update on PS3 Dawnguard, and is the hopeful to come out DLC3 going free of long term XBox 360 exclusivity?

I also should say that I believe this DLC is more PS3 and XBox 360 geared. I view it at Bethesda's attempt to give PS3 and XBox 360 users a popular mod from PC. I stated this on the official boards as a reply to another comment. I will post both here.

Adad from Bethblog.com said:
LOOOOOLLL
Should be a patch and not DLC….
One question: you gave the name “Hearthfire” just because releases in September?! ….great joke…
but wait…i know what’s going on….it can only be “Sheogorath”…OMG….
“Sheogorath is already inside each of us. You have already lost. ”
―Ravate
lol…

My response:

Jesse (My real first name) said:
I hope you realise the term “Hearthfire” isn’t unque to TES and in fact is a real world term meaning “home fire” which makes this name more appropriate than you may think. Since it adds the option of building a home. And you must understand PS3 and XBox players don’t get mods. This could be Bethesda’s bone towards console users to make a popular request available to the other 2/3 of the fan base. As a PS3 user I will likely buy this since I can’t afford a high end gaming PC to play Skyrim on PC if I wanted to, nor can many other people. Bethesda does need to play its programmers so the $5 cost is to be expected, and is more than fair for the players on PS3 and XBox 360 to get something we would otherwise potentially have to fork up hundreds of dollars to build a machine capable of providing a comparable quality through mods on PC.

I do believe that we will likely have another big DLC coming our way due to this post from gstaff:

gstaff on Bethblog.com said:
This is something we thought you guys would enjoy. Admittedly, it’s a smaller add-on (made by a smaller team). We’re still keen on doing “big and meaty” content, too
icon_smile.gif

Clau

The Fateless One
My characters are not ready for the domesticated kind of life. But I do love the aspect of building my own manor and outfitting it to my taste.

Squirrel_killer-

I got a question. Did anyone guess correctly what Hearthfire was going to be? Because I honestly had no idea. But as soon as I saw the build your own house I thought.

Hearth... fire...

Suddenly I realized it was a pun.
I actually assumed it had something about that being the name of a new faction home because when I first seen the word "Hearthfire" my brain said "a nice little fire in a home" then went "wait Skyrim. Something to due with an inn being the home of a faction maybe?" I feel I was one of the closest people.

Squirrel_killer-

My characters are not ready for the domesticated kind of life. But I do love the aspect of building my own manor and outfitting it to my taste.
I just want a base of operation to burn my fortune on and a place to show off my stuff. I'm thinking a lot of Dragonplate Armor on display.

Clau

The Fateless One
I just want a base of operation to burn my fortune on and a place to show off my stuff. I'm thinking a lot of Dragonplate Armor on display.

Sounds good. I bet you have +500 K of gold with nothing to spend on. :D

I also like the part of material procurement and ofcourse territorial defense like giants attacking.

Squirrel_killer-

Sounds good. I bet you have +500 K of gold with nothing to spend on. :D

I also like the part of material procurement and ofcourse territorial defense like giants attacking.
Try closer to a few million. I write guides on how to make money for Christ's sake. I am one rich ass SOB.

Clau

The Fateless One
I'm also excited by this aspect:

New Objectives and Interactions – Guard your home from unwanted visitors like marauding kidnappers, armed bandits, and skeever infestations. Turn almost any follower into your personal steward to improve and protect your home. Or if you require more help, hire a personal bard or carriage driver to ease the burdens of home ownership.

Nothing like coming home only to find bandits drinking your mead. Rage mode. Also, I'd like Serana to guard my house.

Exelex

That's going to be my main problem in this DLC... money. I have never earned 10,000 grand the right way.

andrew9300

I can't wait. I hope that you can have a divorce/remarry feature since I don't like being married to Lydia. I am thinking about Aela, Ysolda or Mjoll. I hope they let you to have guards in your house or bodyguards to protect the children and wife from skeevers and giants when I am away

Squirrel_killer-

Exelex

I can't wait. I hope that you can have a divorce/remarry feature since I don't like being married to Lydia. I am thinking about Aela, Ysolda or Mjoll. I hope they let you to have guards in your house or bodyguards to protect the children and wife from skeevers and giants when I am away
I think you can kill your wife; then you have to wait for five days to remarry. (Not sure about that though)

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
I don't like being married to Lydia.
:eek:
I think you can kill your wife; then you have to wait for five days to remarry. (Not sure about that though)
As far as I'm aware, that doesn't work. I've heard the same rumor, but never actually had any sort of confirmation.

Exelex

I'm going to test it out on the miner wife and wack her; then I'm going to use a CC to marry Susanna the Wicked. (That's if my idea works)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts