• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Without any enchantment perks, including the 5 Enchanter perks, your skill multiplier with 100 Enchanting is only 1.25 and the generic Fire, Frost and Shock enchantments have a base magnitude of 10 so your enchantment strength would only be 13 points of damage. If you take all 5 Enchanter perks its 25 points of damage and if you take the elemental damage Enchanter perk (Fir, Frost, Storm), it's 31 points. You can get it higher by drinking a Fortify Enchanting poition before you enchant an item. The strongest one found in the game, the Enchanter's Elixir (25%) will further increase the enchantment srregth to 35 points pf damage. If you use Fortify Alchemy gear which caps at 116% total for 4 equipped pieces (unless you use exploits) you can create +32% Fortify Enchanting potions which will raise the enchantment strength to 37 points..
How did I just get it to go to 50 again (I was making a flame blade for one of my followers)? All I have is my 100, all the perks and fortify potions that I make @ 25%? Maybe I have a glitch.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
How did I just get it to go to 50 again (I was making a flame blade for one of my followers)? All I have is my 100, all the perks and fortify potions that I make @ 25%? Maybe I have a glitch.
If you have 2 Augmented Flames perks from the Destruction perk tree it will give a fire damage bonus that raises the displayed damage of the enchantment accordingly. By my calculations it should be 53 though, not 50. What are your Alchemy stats?

ok. i thought id ask because i watched a video and this guy had a fire enchantment that did like 48 points of fire damage?

Dagmar

ok. i thought id ask because i watched a video and this guy had a fire enchantment that did like 48 points of fire damage?
He could be using any number of exploits.. Without seeing the video I couldn't say which one(s).

i had no idea putting perks on destruction makes weapon enchantments more powerful. so i started over for nothing..that's awesome lol

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
If you have 2 Augmented Flames perks from the Destruction perk tree it will give a fire damage bonus that raises the displayed damage of the enchantment accordingly. By my calculations it should be 53 though, not 50. What are your Alchemy stats?
I'm @ 100, but don't remember all the perks. Not quite full yet. You're probably right about the 53 though, I was just excited to have it bump up so much. :)

Adam Warlock

Dragonborn DLC additions raise the previous caps.
A non-vampire with maxed Enchanting/perks plus Ahzidal`s Genius and Seeker of Sorcery magic effects, displayed Fortify Alchemy enchantment shows on the table at 28% before beginning crafting.
Using a 32% Fortify Enchanting potion results in Fortify Alchemy total of 33% (x 4 = 132%) but even an Enchanter`s Elixir will make for better than the old cap of 116%

I know it could go higher , but I didn`t do a loop beyond that by making better potions to make better Alchemy gear , etc.

The Fortify Enchanting Potion this gear produces is 35% but it could be tweaked higher with use of Seeker of Shadows effect.

Dagmar

....With maxed Enchanting/perks plus Ahzidal`s Genius and Seeker of Sorcery magic effects...
For clarifity, these are content from the Dragonborn DLC. You won't be be able to obtain either in the vanilla game
....I know it could go higher , but I didn`t do a loop beyond that by making better potions to make better Alchemy gear , etc.
Did you actually test this? There's a reason why the vanilla alchemy/enchanting loop hard caps at 29 without exploits. It has to do with the fact that the game rounds the numbers and by my calculations the next Fortify Enchanting potion you make will be 35% which shouldn't get you over the 33 hump (it yields ~ 32.85588).

Adam Warlock

^ and I would have loved to test this further today , but all attempts to travel to Solstheim so I could switch from Seeker of Sorcery to Seeker of Shadows were fruitless.
3 eternal loading screens and 2 outright freezes
Very frustrating that this problem is back when I thought the recent patch had corrected it.
Agreed that advancement (if any) over the hump will be minor since Seeker of Shadows is only a 10% add to Alchemy skill

Adam Warlock

I`m not good with math and never understood the loop deal very well.
I know there are formulas behind all this and that different effects might be treated in different ways

If you were crafting a Fortify Enchanting Potion with 132% gear and Seeker of Shadows active , would that be the same as if you had 142% gear without the effect?

Thank you , Dagmar.
Your expertise is admired and appreciated

Adam Warlock

I decided to return to the Enchanter with just the 35% Fortify Enchanting potion to see what it would do.
With Seeker of Sorcery still active and wearing Ahzidal`s gear , the potion produced a ring of 34% Fortify Alchemy.

Adam Warlock

Ok . I got to Solstheim and with the 132% Alchemy gear and Seeker of Shadows active , I can craft 38% Fortify Enchanting Potions.
At Enchanter with Ahzidal`s Genius and Secret of Sorcery active, the 38% potion creates a 34% Fortify Alchemy item
So a total 136% Fortify Alchemy for 4 pieces appears to be the limit for a non-vampire

Adam Warlock

With maxed Enchanting , a 38% Fortify Enchanting potion , both augment perks from Destruction , Seeker of Sorcery , and Ahzidal`s Genius , you can craft a fire frost or shock weapon with a base of 64

With 132% Fortify Alchemy gear but without Seeker of Shadows active , I created a Fortify Destruction 174% potion.
Drinking this raises the elemental damage from 64 to 176 for 60 seconds.

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
Welcome to God mode.

Leave fun at the door please!

Adam Warlock

Of course playing on Legendary difficulty you`re not actually dealing out those kind of numbers.

You are right though.

I didn`t even address what all the destruction augments , Chaos Magic , and Extra Effect can do.

Even without custom enchanting power , the Stalhrim Battleaxe of Ultimate Chaos I bought on Solstheim has a base elemental damage of 101 each because I have all 6 augment perks in Destruction.

I give thiese uber-weapons to followers and thralls who will generally only get the base output because of lack of perks,

My own primary weapon is Chillrend which normally gets 45 frost damage but raises to 56 if I`m wearing Dukaan`s Dragon Priest Mask.

I continue to have lots of fun and will still get killed occasionally if I become reckless.

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
Nice Adam!

I keep trying to pull my self away from MWO and work on some newer characters, but I can't find any way to make it all shiny and new again, just like most games....I still do play an hour or two here and there to try out new archetypes.

I myself , have abused smithing & enchanting on my second run thru, before Legendary, and even on master, I was the Almighty Gawd of Tamriel! :Dragonborn:

Dagmar

If you were crafting a Fortify Enchanting Potion with 132% gear and Seeker of Shadows active , would that be the same as if you had 142% gear without the effect?
I'm, assuming you meant Seeker of Sorcery. No because 132% x 1.1 = 145.2
I decided to return to the Enchanter with just the 35% Fortify Enchanting potion to see what it would do.
With Seeker of Sorcery still active and wearing Ahzidal`s gear , the potion produced a ring of 34% Fortify Alchemy.
I misread the effect of Seeker of Sorcery as being Fortify Enchantment 10% not as an enchantment magnitude multiplier of 1.1 (I also applied the Fortify Enchanting enchantment and potion effects incorrectly). The result is ~34.35 so that reconciles with your result.
Ok . I got to Solstheim and with the 132% Alchemy gear and Seeker of Shadows active , I can craft 38% Fortify Enchanting Potions.
Odd, I get 37%.
At Enchanter with Ahzidal`s Genius and Secret of Sorcery active, the 38% potion creates a 34% Fortify Alchemy item
So a total 136% Fortify Alchemy for 4 pieces appears to be the limit for a non-vampire
Also odd as it should have gone up. It could be that there is something odd in the way those two Enchanting effects are being introduced into the equation.

Dagmar

i have 2 enchants on one of my swords why doesn't the charge last that long?
The stronger you set the enchantment the fewer charges it will have. You can adjust this ratio during the enchanting process (it's a slider bar for the enchantment when you place it on the weapon). Also, almost all of the enchantment effects on weapons are from the Destruction school of magic so a higher Destruction skill will reduce the charge cost for each use of the weapon. Similarly, so will wearing items enchanted with Fortify Destruction.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts