• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Whisper34

I have to disagree with the person who said there is a 22-25 % limit on itmes enchanted for smithing. That may be the case if you make your own items (I'm not sure). You can however purchase smithing items from the various vendors. When your level is high enough you can find items enchanted for smithing that are rated "peerless" such as a ring of peerless smithing. Those items carry a 40% bonus to smithing. If you have 4 smithing items at 40% plus the 50% potion that is a 210% bonus you can add to your own smithing skill. You should be able to produce a sword with a much higher base damage. I have and did not use the restoration loop to do it.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
...When your level is high enough you can find items enchanted for smithing that are rated "peerless" such as a ring of peerless smithing. Those items carry a 40% bonus to smithing.
The Peerless Smithing enchantment is 25% not 40%.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
The Peerless Smithing enchantment is 25% not 40%.
True in my game. The only way I get a 50% is through a Smithing potion (elixer?) + the ring + a pair of Dwarven Guantlets that I have with a 30% + a helmet with a 35%. I guess that adds up to 105%? + of course for the 100% perk + 25% perk for a total of 240%. I'm not sure how it works, but I do really get some kick-a** weapons and armor made, plus I can really just keep upping the ones I have. I don't know if it actually does anything, but I do keep doing them when it allows me to.

Whisper34

i had to play roughly 100 hours of game time before i found an item that had the paralyze enchantment.....and i horde all items i find lol I have over 800 magic rings that i find laying around on bodies or in chests...can't even count the other magic stuff i find.

Recently I wanted to acquire a muffle item, a paralyze item, and a health regenerating item. I just stated making a circut of all the vendors in Skyrim that I knew. I moved from city to city and vendor to vendor just checking their inventory and moving on if they didn't have what I needed. By the time I circled back to them again the inventory was reset with new stuff. I found the three items I needed in fairly short order. Most of the time it was a blacksmith vendor or equivalent that had the item I wanted. It might be something for you to try if you want/need a specific item enchantment in the future.

i put the fire perk on enchantment and my firey soul trap still does 12 point of fire damage. i thought that damage would raise once i put the fire perk on enchantment? i made another daedra sword and upgraded it just like my first one and this one does 149 damage and my first does 142?

Daelon DuLac

i put the fire perk on enchantment and my firey soul trap still does 12 point of fire damage. i thought that damage would raise once i put the fire perk on enchantment? i made another daedra sword and upgraded it just like my first one and this one does 149 damage and my first does 142?
Are you at 5 of 5 on the base enchantment? It's only +25% from the original enchantment with the fire perk, I think. If you're in to alchemy, I make enhance enchantment potions all the time that add another 25% and I'm at 5 of 5 so that's at 100%. I can usually get it up there. Just did it to my ebony bow and it's up to +50 now from the original +20. Just a thought.

Daelon DuLac

nope it's only on 1-5. i thought it raises each time you put a perk on? that's what i heard
Yes. By 20's I think (20, 40, 60, 80, 100). If you disenchanted a +12 fire then it would only raise it by 2.4 pts to 14 (I think it rounds down). My system works as follows. Had a +20 +25% +100% +25% (I think it calculates off the base, not cumulative) so I end up with +20 + 5 + 20 +5 = +50. At least that's the result I got.

Nighthiker77

It doesn't make any difference what strength you disenchant. The learned effect is the same.

The strength of your enchantment is based on your skill, perks, and fortify enchanting potion

Dagmar

The magnitude of the fire damage part of the enchantment Fiery Soul Trap is fixed at 10. That means that it's unaffected by Enchanting Skill, Enchanter perks, the Fire Enchanter perk or Fortify Enchanting potions. The reason why your damage is 12 is because you have an Augmented Flames perk. That perk affects fire damage not enchantment magnitude which is why it increases the fire damage from your weapon.

Adam Warlock

so is 31 the most damage an enchantment can do without enchantment perks?
A purchased or custom-made Potion of Fortify Destruction will boost the typical in-game damage high of 30(Inferno,Winter,Storms) without the use of perks for a temporary period.
Shalidor`s Insights Destruction Scrolls will also increase your magic damage output.
Wearing one of the Dragon Priest Masks from Dragonborn DLC (Dukaan, Ahzidal , Zahkriisos) will boost attacks 25% and is a permanent effect as long as you wear it
Also from Dragonborn , your custom Frost enchantments get a 25% boost if applied to a Stalhrim weapon.

Dagmar

so is 31 the most damage an enchantment can do without enchantment perks?
Without any enchantment perks, including the 5 Enchanter perks, your skill multiplier with 100 Enchanting is only 1.25 and the generic Fire, Frost and Shock enchantments have a base magnitude of 10 so your enchantment strength would only be 13 points of damage. If you take all 5 Enchanter perks its 25 points of damage and if you take the elemental damage Enchanter perk (Fir, Frost, Storm), it's 31 points. You can get it higher by drinking a Fortify Enchanting poition before you enchant an item. The strongest one found in the game, the Enchanter's Elixir (25%) will further increase the enchantment srregth to 35 points pf damage. If you use Fortify Alchemy gear which caps at 116% total for 4 equipped pieces (unless you use exploits) you can create +32% Fortify Enchanting potions which will raise the enchantment strength to 37 points..

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts