• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
i was only able to put frost, and fire on boots i wasnt able to put it on anything else

It will work fine on your crafted leather boots, and they all will sell for enough to buy all the leather & strips in town!

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
i just read that certain enchantments can only go on certain pieces of armor is this true?

Yes.

I've been using mods so long, I forget specifics, but just know like items work...if you disenchanted it from gloves, it will work on gloves, and often other pieces as well, etc.

let's say i want to put 60% frost protection on my gauntlets, 30% fire on my boots and 30% shock on my helmet. i would have to find parts of my armor with those particular magic resistant enchants? to be able to enchant my armor?

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
let's say i want to put 60% frost protection on my gauntlets, 30% fire on my boots and 30% shock on my helmet. i would have to find parts of my armor with those particular magic resistant enchants? to be able to enchant my armor?
There are others more knowledgable in the process than I, but, from my experience, once you have the enchantment (in whatever level - it can be lower and as your skill increases the % will go up), the only limitation to what you can put it on is that armor to armor/weapon to weapon, etc... In other words, if you disenchant an axe with frost damage/stamina damage, you can then use that to enchant any other weapon you have; if you disenchant armor, then you can use it to enchant any other type of armor (of course there are limitations on that: you wouldn't be able to put an archery enchantment on a chestpiece, but you could on a helmet, gauntlets, gloves or boots if you wanted).

Important to remember that the % you are able to enchant will change over time as you point up in the skill and get the perks as well as if you are using enhancements (potions, gloves, circlets, spells, etc...) when you are doing enchantments.

An example I have is that: I disenchanted a sword with fire damage bonuses that were +30. Initially I could only enchant a new item (a bow in this case) to +8, then, as I got more points to +14, then, when I got higher +20 and eventually the full +30. Now I can go higher as I have the +25% perk on fire and also have both gauntlets & a circlet of +25 & +10 respectively. Now I can enchant the fire damage up to +50 and I would guess it will go higher still if I also used enchanting enhancement potions. Particulary with armor I like to use a black soul gem or the dark star as it raises the %ages, although, with weapons they are good too because it gives them more charges before needing recharged.

It's really a matter of trial and error, as with alchemy and smithing as to what works best for you.

Currently, on enchantment I am working on getting the double enchantment perk to mix things up (want soul steal and fire on the same bow).

Hope this helps, but, as I said, I may not be totally correct as there are so many other folks that are so much more experienced than I.

i thought if i disenchant a piece of armor with a certain enchant on it than i could enchant any piece of armor i wanted but you can't do it that way. so i have no idea how my plans gonna work haha

Daelon DuLac

i thought if i disenchant a piece of armor with a certain enchant on it than i could enchant any piece of armor i wanted but you can't do it that way. so i have no idea how my plans gonna work haha
It depends on the enchantment. I have basically used trial and error on it (you know, when you go in and it will tell you what you can and cannot apply to any given item). I pretty much try to unenchant everything I get just so I have a full battery to use.

Daelon DuLac

Daelon DuLac

is there a certain place i can find the magic resistance rings? or is it just random?
I would guess it's random, although I would suspect that they would be more prevalent anywhere that mages gather (some of the forts, etc...). The armor seems to be Quest specific though.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts