Spoiler Dark Brotherhood - Oblivion vs. Skyrim

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Which one is superior?

• Oblivion DB

Votes: 19 46.3%
  • Skyrim DB

Votes: 22 53.7%

• Total voters

Auxilium

In my opinion..
I could careless what you do in your game. He's alive and well in mine. And one of the best companions in the game IMO.

Lol, taking it to the heart.

Anyways, onto the main topic. The story is Skyrim was very well put together I think, I only played Oblivion for a little bit before I got into other games but I did do some of the quests in the DB, while the DB in Oblivion did seem like a dangerous entity that most people feared, the story just wasn't put together as well, but remember I only played it for a couple quests.

I didn't see the betrayal coming to be honest in Skyrim's DB quests. The Emperor quest was fun and so was the bride quest.

NoVa

Bossmer
I was quite happy to kill Cicero. Stupid Jesters. I hate them only slightly less than clowns. Sucks I have to wear that rube's hat, since you can't enchant headpieces with sneak and I haven't seen any other item with +THIRTY FREAKIN' FIVE PERCENT sneak on a headpiece... sheesh. I look like such a dork, but I have +195% sneak and boethiah's ebony mail armor, which makes you quieter, and poisons bad guys that are close to you... Pretty awesome when you can shoot someone in the face, and the ones that aren't one-shot run up to you, stare you in the face as you watch your "sighted" meter tick down til your hidden again, them seeing nothing... One more arrow and that is all she wrote. :3
The ebony mail is an amazing piece of armor but I will forever prefer Boethiah's Goldbrand Katana to his armor :p

Deadhand

PLEASE DON'T EAT THOSE SOCKS!
The ebony mail is an amazing piece of armor but I will forever prefer Boethiah's Goldbrand Katana to his armor :p
O_O I do not have this... I must find this... now! Only 2 hours til I'm home from work! ._.

EDIT: Bah did you mean from Morrowind?! >,<

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Lol, taking it to the heart.

LOLWUT? What exactly am I taking to heart here? You're the one who began this by the comment you made. And all I stated was you are feel to do what you wish in your game, makes no difference to me. I personally feel Cicero was/is one of the more interesting characters in the game. He even has a back story if you care to read his journals.

I also liked Astrid, and was sad to see her go, despite her trying to get me killed. I like that one of the random recruits has her voice and looks like her.

Deadhand

Yes quite unfortunate... Still love my smoking armor as I creep around as a shadow... :)

Auxilium

In my opinion..
LOLWUT? What exactly am I taking to heart here? You're the one who began this by the comment you made. And all I stated was you are feel to do what you wish in your game, makes no difference to me. I personally feel Cicero was/is one of the more interesting characters in the game. He even has a back story if you care to read his journals.

I also liked Astrid, and was sad to see her go, despite her trying to get me killed. I like that one of the random recruits has her voice and looks like her.

That said comment was a joke, thought it was noticeable enough. Lol

Yes quite unfortunate... Still love my smoking armor as I creep around as a shadow... :)

Also, what is this Smoking Armor being mentioned? Is this from the previous games or Skyrim?

Deadhand

Also, what is this Smoking Armor being mentioned? Is this from the previous games or Skyrim?
Skyrim... it's a secret... :3
Lol I found the mail and crafted a full set of legendary ebony to compliment it until I discovered Nightingale armor.
Yes, both ebony, but especially Nightngale go well with the Ebony Mail... :)

And for Aux...!!!

EDIT: Damn, it didn't let me use alt-codes to make an invisible html link... Haha. Here you go Aux: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Ebony_Mail_(Skyrim)

Jersey Dagmar

I thought this thread was about The Dark Brotherhood, not armor?

Well, have all of you gotten Shadowmere and the Spectral Assassin? I'm love having the Spectral Assassin following me around. I'm sure most of you know who it is.

Auxilium

In my opinion..
Skyrim... it's a secret... :3

Yes, both ebony, but especially Nightngale go well with the Ebony Mail... :)

And for Aux...!!!

EDIT: Damn, it didn't let me use alt-codes to make an invisible html link... Haha. Here you go Aux: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Ebony_Mail_(Skyrim)

Lol, I thought I was blind at first, as I didn't see anything posted, but thank you lol

Shadowmere keeps getting in the way when I'm fighting, I have to get off of him like 300 feet away from my destination, he still thinks he's invincible.

Jersey Dagmar

Lol, I thought I was blind at first, as I didn't see anything posted, but thank you lol

Shadowmere keeps getting in the way when I'm fighting, I have to get off of him like 300 feet away from my destination, he still thinks he's invincible.

He basically is. Only time he died for me was when a Dragon took off with him.

Lucien Lachance

Speaker of the Black Hand

Well, have all of you gotten Shadowmere and the Spectral Assassin? I'm love having the Spectral Assassin following me around. I'm sure most of you know who it is.
Definitely. I had a moment of insane, senseless glee when I got Spectral Assassin.

Deadhand

I love it when people say plops like this. Threads are conversations. Conversations evolve. If you don't like where the thread is going, just get it back on topic (which you did) but leave out the snide remark. It is unnecessary.

Indeed. Shadowmere is nice, but I'm still not a huge fan of the horses in this game. Feels like something that holds me back, not something that helps me. Now that you mention it, I've yet to call my Spectral Assassin, but I do know who it is... not sure where I acquired that information, but I'll probably summon him the first thing when I get home.

EDIT:
Definitely. I had a moment of insane, senseless glee when I got Spectral Assassin.
I bet you did. =)

Jersey Dagmar

I love it when people say pl*** like this. Threads are conversations. Conversations evolve. If you don't like where the thread is going, just get it back on topic (which you did) but leave out the snide remark. It is unnecessary.

Remark wasn't snide, it's the internet where people are typing through text. How can you interpret that as snide? You're really making an assumption there. I was merely asking a question, wondering out loud as to why the subject changed. Maybe next time, I'll use a smilie. :D

tha420Moose

bLaze up. play skYrim
i would say that the skyrims DB story was superior, but oblivions DB had much better missions. For example the party mission in oblivion where you had to kill all the people at the party with no one knowing it was you. Its hard to say which one is overall better.

Deadhand

Remark wasn't snide, it's the internet where people are typing through text. How can you interpret that as snide? You're really making an assumption there. I was merely asking a question, wondering out loud as to why the subject changed. Maybe next time, I'll use a smilie. :D
Ah I see. Yes, I did assume. Unfortunately without the ability to detect sarcasm or genuineness everything sounds snide to me. I've gotten to the point where I do overuse "emoticons" only for the sole fact that they are the only way to show emotion in one's text. In this day and age of instant text communication being used over voice communication, a method for showing emotion within the text itself would be nice. I don't mind emoticons personally, they get the job done, but some people dislike them (arbitrarily, in my opinion) or think them childish, which I could see. Oh well. :) Thread back on topic and all is well.

I think, as much as I like Shadowmere, I dislike having an "attack horse" which they ALL seem to do, and Shadowmere is even a bit more aggressive... bah.

tha420Moose

bLaze up. play skYrim
Ah I see. Yes, I did assume. Unfortunately without the ability to detect sarcasm or genuineness everything sounds snide to me. I've gotten to the point where I do overuse "emoticons" only for the sole fact that they are the only way to show emotion in one's text. In this day and age of instant text communication being used over voice communication, a method for showing emotion within the text itself would be nice. I don't mind emoticons personally, they get the job done, but some people dislike them (arbitrarily, in my opinion) or think them childish, which I could see. Oh well. :) Thread back on topic and all is well.

I think, as much as I like Shadowmere, I dislike having an "attack horse" which they ALL seem to do, and Shadowmere is even a bit more aggressive... bah.
yeah i agree, its like shadowmere doesnt realize hes a horse and not my warrior companion. Although he is kind of a beast, he takes mad damage. but it is annoying.

Jersey Dagmar

I don't have an issue with Shadowmere. He attacks but never seems to get overly hurt. And I think all the horses are supposed to run away when they have only 10% health left.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts