Spoiler Dark Brotherhood - Oblivion vs. Skyrim

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Which one is superior?

• Oblivion DB

Votes: 19 46.3%
  • Skyrim DB

Votes: 22 53.7%

• Total voters

TheDeathLord

I like Oblivion's DB because it seems more like you're a murderer and not some bandit. I also think Lucien Lachance made the Dark Brotherhood awesome.
You sleep rather soundly for a murderer. That's good. You'll need plenty of rest for what I'm about to propose....
Best line

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
The Skyrim DB was just too short. It just seemed to fly by for me.

jdhorrigan

I was massively disappointed by the DB in Skyrim. All the quests are way to simple, and there's only one way to go about them. When you got the quest to kill the emperor I thought that it might redeem the questline, but then they totally dropped the ball. Like, your going to kill the EMPEROR, they could have at least given more ways to do it, but no, you HAVE to pose as the cook, you HAVE to fall for the trap, then you HAVE to go swim onto the ship, and then he just lets you kill him. It was massively anti climactic. Then, when you, Nazir, and Babbette are rebuilding the DB, it would have been nice if they kept the questline going and added, I dunno, some actual characters? In general, it was just reeaaalllyyy shallow. Like, it's actually harder to kill the EMPEROR IN THE MIDDLE OF A TERRITORY REBELLING AGAINST HIM (meaning that he would be on his guard, as well as the Penatus) than his cousin at her wedding. Also, in Oblivion, you don't have to go through a quest that's obviously meant to put you in the Dark Brotherhood, so it's much more natural, as well as making more sense. Also, I think the "Fallen on hard times" thing for the Thieves guild and DB was just a really lazy excuse to not make the quests exciting. Why would the DB not be thriving in Skyrim, a chaotic land that's in active rebellion, where the could be used by both sides against each other, and where lawlessness abounds (forsworn, for example).

General Theodred

for the love of Talos...
DB in skyrim wasn't awesome & it was kinda short for my liking. Thieves Guild quests were much better in my opinion.

In oblivion DB faction was definitely the best out of the lot, so it was a letdown in skyrim & not upto the lofty standards of it's predecessor.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
I was quite happy to kill Cicero. Stupid Jesters. I hate them only slightly less than clowns. Sucks I have to wear that rube's hat, since you can't enchant headpieces with sneak and I haven't seen any other item with +THIRTY FREAKIN' FIVE PERCENT sneak on a headpiece... sheesh. I look like such a dork, but I have +195% sneak and boethiah's ebony mail armor, which makes you quieter, and poisons bad guys that are close to you... Pretty awesome when you can shoot someone in the face, and the ones that aren't one-shot run up to you, stare you in the face as you watch your "sighted" meter tick down til your hidden again, them seeing nothing... One more arrow and that is all she wrote. :3
You killed Cicero? YOU SHALL NOT LIVE!!!

ThaRyanJ

Hands down Oblivion was better skyrims DB really surprised me after playing Oblivion. especially since it made me feel like they were the deadliest force in Tamriel and they were untouchable. Then they just killed them all off with no explination when the only thing could have killed them off would have been the Oblivion Crisis, but they survived that. So i think they took a step back. I will admit though the first time i play the DB in Skyrim i liked it but the missions didnt push the story further like in Oblivion.

Assassin99

I thought this thread was about The Dark Brotherhood, not armor?

Well, have all of you gotten Shadowmere and the Spectral Assassin? I'm love having the Spectral Assassin following me around. I'm sure most of you know who it is.
lucien lachance

I think the missions in Oblivion were better cause they had unique ways to kill your targets like making a moose head fall on thier head etc, but I think the story of the DB in skyrim was better. So I am torn between which I prefer cause Oblivions missions were awesome but the story was only decent while Skyrim had decent mission but an awesome story.

Dar'Neko

Qahnaarin
I think the missions in Oblivion were better cause they had unique ways to kill your targets like making a moose head fall on thier head etc, but I think the story of the DB in skyrim was better. So I am torn between which I prefer cause Oblivions missions were awesome but the story was only decent while Skyrim had decent mission but an awesome story.
You can kill Vittoria Vici (The Bride) With a gargoyle head from above where she stands to talk to her guests.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts