Spoiler College of Winterhold - Destruction 101

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

What type of destruction spell do you prefer?

• Total voters
Looks like Fire and Lightning are deadlocked! I thought of you guys when I was spending perks to get my fire damage up, wouldn't have done that had I not learned the error of my ways. So thanks for the help and advice, ya'll! We are stronger... together [in a Master Splinter voice.]

I have a new question, though. The other night I was putting all kinds of ice spikes into a Draugr Deathlord, and the sumbitch was able to attack through some of my dual-casts! Does impact work during a power attack? There's definitely a timing-issue to stun-locking (which I was totally trying to do.) I've noticed that you have to wait until your opponent is standing again before any stun attempts can be made--but this guy got a few more swings in than I intended to allow. Could it have been the ice? I now know that Draugr hate fire but they don't mind ice so much (was trying to slow 'em down.) Any ideas, fellow archmages?

Impact should work during a power attack, but I do believe you need to do an X amount of damage to stagger an opponent, only the expert spells can stagger every single enemy that is stagger-able. Next time, try it with a fire spell instead, dragrs are weak to that and you probably can just kill your deathlord before he is so close that you need to rely on your stagger.

Zolo-Shea

Lizard Wizard
Certain amount of damage, eh? Okay, that makes perfect sense. Thank you, DarthSpecturm.

Looks like Lightning pulled up and away with the lead! Where's my shockies at!?

Zolo-Shea

Lizard Wizard
So my shockies seem to be NOWHERE! That's fine, I'll represent with or without you punk-ass bustas.

We haven't spoken much about Vampiric Drain, that's a mighty fine spell, right there. If you want the battle to last a good ten minutes, that is! Is there much vampiring to be had with your maging? What can be done to fix the limp, sad nature of this spell?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts