• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Nameless1

what is this blackreach you speak of?

The best part of Skyrim. And by fluffing HUGE Lolcat means fluffING HUGE. 4 square miles to be relatively exact. Compared to the whole above grounds 16.

catweazle

Werewolf of Riverwood
spend a fair bit of time down there mining black soul gems from geode veins

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
I see that the Falmer down there have some human slaves. Is there any radiant quests down there?

Nameless1

I see that the Falmer down there have some human slaves. Is there any radiant quests down there?
I haven't stumble accross any. There is one quest that begins there that I know of but thats it. The other two associated quests I can think of (Discerning the Transmundane, finding the Elder Scroll) begin outside of Blackreach. I don't think there's anything else

Derpo

Blackreach is elder scrolls hell. i hate that place with a fiery passion, huge bleak pitch black cavern full of all kinds of annoying piss ants but worst of all is the hiking. makes you feel like your running up the endless staircase in mario 64

Halkin

pzzzztt
i havent gone very in main quest, probably why i havent ended up in blackreach. must admit i want to see the place after these comments

Derpo

i havent gone very in main quest, probably why i havent ended up in blackreach. must admit i want to see the place after these comments
You will bite your tongue when you get to that point, i assure you.

Nameless1

That's not assurable. Since most people think it's dope as hell and you're the only pperson I've noticed who loaths it it's more likely that Halkin will also find it dope. Because it is, and you just can't handle it's immaculate intensity.

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
That's not assurable. Since most people think it's dope as hell and you're the only pperson I've noticed who loaths it it's more likely that Halkin will also find it dope. Because it is, and you just can't handle it's immaculate intensity.

'dope' hey? That's what the try hard kids used to say... Back in 1997.

You need to get more Kiwi.

"it's choice bru".

Ilya

Article Writer

It is TOTALLY badass!!! I think you will enjoy it immensely! It's definitly my favourite place to explore. There's no other place like it in Skyrim...at least that I've found! :p

You will bite your tongue when you get to that point, i assure you.

:eek::eek::eek: Shuuuuun the non-believer!!!!!!! o_O How do you NOT like Blackreach!?!?!??! Was it too visually stimulating for you to handle, or did you just have a bad experience?? :confused:

Derpo

It is TOTALLY badass!!! I think you will enjoy it immensely! It's definitly my favourite place to explore. There's no other place like it in Skyrim...at least that I've found! :p

:eek::eek::eek: Shuuuuun the non-believer!!!!!!! o_O How do you NOT like Blackreach!?!?!??! Was it too visually stimulating for you to handle, or did you just have a bad experience?? :confused:
bit of both. blackreach is just unnecessarily huge being a warrior in heavy armor without the "heavy armor dousnt weigh you down" perk its extremely tedious. that and the place was damn confusing even with quest markers i got lost. but yes, visually its awesome.

Nameless1

bit of both. blackreach is just unnecessarily huge being a warrior in heavy armor without the "heavy armor dousnt weigh you down" perk its extremely tedious. that and the place was damn confusing even with quest markers i got lost. but yes, visually its awesome.
well I definitely understand that. its also like walking thru mud in the dark of night when you are heavily armored and without torches.

Adam Warlock

Blackreach needs some street lights !
It`s an awesome place , but my Altmer character can`t see much of it unless he`s using the Vision of the Tenth Eye spell.

Adam Warlock

My generation`s appropriate phrase is " Why do you think they call it dope ? "

Necromis

There is actually a trick to lighting up the place, if it is daylight outside. You use the mfalzta(sp?) lift up, then down, then go into the entrance and come out, when you do it is as bright as daylight. I wish there was a mod to make this perm, though.

I plan to explore the entire area when I become bored with regular quests. So far I have only passed through the stretch that is needed for quests. Given its size, I am surprised that there are no more game-related reasons for going there.

Nameless1

I plan to explore the entire area when I become bored with regular quests. So far I have only passed through the stretch that is needed for quests. Given its size, I am surprised that there are no more game-related reasons for going there.
There is the Crimson Nirnroot quest, which takes you around the place a little bit. But yeah other than that I can hardly believe there isn't/will never be more to it

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
I honestly think I'm one of maybe .01% of Skyrim players that didn't completely love Blackreach. Was it cool? Yes, but I also found it difficult to navigate and too dark to fully appreciate its beauty.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts