Bands/Groups do you listen to as you play Skyrim?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Metal or Rap as you play Skyrim?

• Metal!

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Rap! Chyeaaaaa

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Both

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • None of those, I listen to another Genre.

Votes: 16 57.1%

• Total voters

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
I'm usually listening to the game's music as well. Or my boyfriend bitching that I'm ignoring him.

Auxilium

In my opinion..
Games music goes perfectly with the game itself (who knew?).

I use a Turtle Beach headset so the music in the game along with the sounds of a distant dragons roar or a stupid troll sound extremely nice.

tha420Moose

bLaze up. play skYrim
Games music goes perfectly with the game itself (who knew?).

I use a Turtle Beach headset so the music in the game along with the sounds of a distant dragons roar or a stupid troll sound extremely nice.
im with you man. with my beaches i can hear most enemies from a good distance.

demujin

I mostly listen to the in game music. But last night I was jamming Protest the Hero, Opeth, LCD Soundsystem, KMDFM, Skinny Puppy, Faith No More, Megadeth, Ghostland Obeservatory, Ween, and others I can't think of right now, all to a nice fatty. :)

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
I sometimes put the Skyrim Trailer on from Youtube. Epic music and epic voice over. Just sets the mood.

inharmonic

i always have music playing at a low volume under my game. i listen to various bands and create playlists in winamp; each varied to match my current mood and whatever i'm doing in-game.

i.e. for regular questing with story and dialogue, the main bands i listen to are Opeth, Porcupine Tree, Devin Townsend, Cynic, Tool, Buckethead, King Crimson, Radiohead(the ambient records such as Kid A and Amnesiac fit perfectly in the backround). Also bands like Camel as i have soft spot for old 70's prog.

Katatonia(who are referenced in the game. a nice homage to the band shown in Nystrom's Journal).

every now and then for straight forward hunting and killing, i tend to turn the volume up slightly and bring out something more aggressive like Strapping Young Lad, Insomnium, Blotted Science, Dark Tranquillity, and Meshuggah.

SaveVsBedWet

I personally don't listen to music when I am playing Skyrim. I'm so engrossed in Skyrim's soundtrack so I don't need any music.

+1. They didn't work this hard on making the soundtrack assist the immersion so I can break it with some moron screaming about the summer of '69, super massive black holes, hoes in different area codes, or whatever.

Although I can relate to The Crunge by Led Zep with Plant asking if anyone's seen the bridge, lol. Especially with a troll chasing me down a shoreline, a 25% reduction in melee weapon skill from Rotjoint, and an utterly empty magika bar.

fleeon

Dark Elf Night Brother, Protector of Nocturnal
Ahem: Two Steps from Hell, Xray Dog, Immediate Music.
Nothing. will. stop. you.

Roland

I've actually enjoyed the OST for the most part, quite beautiful imo

But, when I'm in the mood for something with a little more "umpf" I listen to...

Agalloch
Amon Amarth
Dark Tranquillity
Euphoreon
Exxasens
Far Beyond
Ghost Brigade
Insomnium
Katatonia
Omnium Gatherum (new discovery)
Suidakra
Swallow The Sun
Within Temptation

This is a small sample of what I enjoy, I have quite a large range of different genres and types of music, but this tends to be what I listen to when gaming ;)

Rock on \m/

- if you enjoy some on the list, do look the others up on Youtube, you might enjoy those as well and it's always fun to discover a new band!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts